Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my god poor Yuji, I cant stand it
Megumi-chan, who can face his past and accept and assert, is a strong child. He is an interesting character who can calmly analyze that the source of his actions are emotions, but who recognizes himself as an emotional person.

Panda is here, I love seeing him, very good seiyuu too
INUKAMI IS HERE

Oct 30, 2020 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, I like how they adapted the psychological elements of this episode especially for the Fushiguro's character.

More characters got introduced including Maki (she kinda reminds me a little bit of Nobara when she's mad). Panda also makes his awesome appearance! Literally a Panda but certainly not the normal type. That cliffhanger though.
Oct 30, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
I hope Yuuji beats Sukuna's domination. Fushiguro vs Sukina was very awesome. MAPPA's animation won't be disappointed me.
New characters also looks good and fun. I kinda like this show's mix of serious and humor.
Oct 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Feb 2019
MAPPA did a great job as usual with Megumi v Sukuna and Megumi’s internal monologues as well. Great job of closing out the cursed womb mini arc and setting up the goodwill arc which is really where JJK gets going. It’s only peak shonen from here on. My baby Maki here now and my Goat Toge here as well.
Oct 30, 2020 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
I'm not a fan of MAPPA when it comes to the output of anime and its quality overall, but I really do rate the efforts from them every week. A ton of work they've done the past couple seasons and they still deliver really nicely for the most part and over-achieve in ways compared to most other studios when it comes to action despite some issues here and there. The only work I was visually disappointed with that I can recall is Dorohedoro (background art is amazing but the actual CG and designs were poor for me personally).

The Fushiguro-Sukuna fight was solid in animation and the comedy wasn't as awful as compared to previous episodes so this was overall not a bad week for this show.
Oct 30, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Part 2 of the Curse Womb Must Die mini-arc, Curse sus Sukuna takes over Yuuji's body...to the worse effect of fellow Jujutsu sorcerer Fushiguro.

Sukuna vs. Fushiguro, NOT EVEN A ONE-SIDED MATCH. Even with his monster Shikigamis he couldn't stand a chance against the smart King of Curses. Fushiguro's backstory which definitely strikes a chord, his heart changed in circumstance by Yuuji's kindness of heart to save people, what a dope that ended in Yuuji's death. Sasuga MAPPA for solid animation once again.

NGL, I got emotional that Yuuji is like dead in a yes or no fashion. Yes, he's Sukuna's host/vessel, and no, he didn't deserve to die.

HEH, the 2nd Years Maki Zenin, Inumaki Toge and Panda make their entrance in the most nonchalant way possible, and I love it. The Smash Brothers reference to a T. And another school exchange for more Jujutsu sorcerer sparring, motivated by Yuuji of course.

Not sure if I'd like the character designs of the monsters, but I prefer them the way it was in the manga, being more creepy.

The cliffhanger though...pretty precise stopping point.

Another great episode.

Oct 30, 2020 11:26 AM
Oct 2016
Last week's action leading to this week's emotions. Megumi having to face Sukuna all by himself with Nobara off to safety and Yuji locked inside. I really loved this episode, it showed well just how awesome Megumi is. He dug deep to try and make Sukuna regenerate Yuji heart. Sukuna just toying with him the whole way without much effort. We got some glimpses into Megumi past and his way of thinking. Explanation why he saved Yuji like he did back in the premiere episode. Saving people equally since the only guarantee in life is unequal treatment. Jujutsu sorcerers are just cogs in the ever moving machine so Megumi wants to make as much right as he can saving people. Almost got to see Megumi use his full power but that's for a later time since Yuji got back right before Megumi had to unleash it. Costing him his own life in the process.

Rest of the episode was some table setting for future arcs while introducing some new characters too.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroNov 5, 2020 5:15 AM
Oct 30, 2020 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
Well, not 100% sure what the dude did to suppress Sukuna other than potentially, if I understand the conversation was give up some of his life. Which wouldn't surprise me giving how wild some of this Jujutsu stuff is going down. Plenty interesting politics as well it seems. I almost missed the after credits scence cause the ending freaks me out. Theres something not quite right about that dude moving about semi dancing. I guess its similar to people having an irrational fear of clowns. I digress.

Next week please!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 30, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty good episode, although it was completely obvious that they were doing the cliche of "he died but also didnt" they did the cliche pretty well, the fact they are taking time with the "death" makes it so that there are actual consequences for the characters and thats better than 99% of the shows that try to do it. The animation was, again, pretty fucking good, megumi flying through the air and buildings while being destroyed by sukuna was easily the highlight of the episode. I did see some problems when it came to staying consistent with the art and the character designs but, although most of them were stills, a lot were medium to far away shots so ill let it pass.
Oct 30, 2020 11:30 AM

Mar 2020
Nice ep, the fight scene is good.What happened to Yuji kind of reminded me of what happened to Eren. Finally, the second years are now introduced and so are the villains.
Maki-senpai looks better in the manga imo.
Oct 30, 2020 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
why didn't they add Yuji's response to Sukuna's command at the end? that would have been more epic

Geto's voice isn't what i imagined but it's not bad. It does remind me of those master manipulator antagonists. seeing Jogo animated has me loving him even more. Love how his voice is a pitch higher when he was pissed off at Hanami (and his volcano head nearly exploded lol). i also like how they're abiding the traffic rules despite being villains. its kinda cute

love the fight scenes this week. they adapted it well. my only nitpick is how they lengthened it by having Sukuna throw Megumi multiple times through buildings, which is unrealistic how he's still alive.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroNov 3, 2020 2:57 AM
Oct 30, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2020
Well we obviously know that Itadori isn't dead. We got to see the panda from the opening and he's a student? I'm looking forward to seeing the fight between the two schools and how the 2nd years fight.

I BETTER SEE MORE BAD GIRLS
pockyharemOct 31, 2020 1:49 PM
Oct 30, 2020 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
Satoru is targeted. I'm honestly already pumped for when he's finally going ham.

Was a really cool episode as usual. Liked the introduction of the second years the most lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
I cannot explain my enjoyment of this episode, from the fights, to the sad death of Itadori, only for it to be hinted at that he's alive. I really wished I could've binged this because I need a next episode
Oct 30, 2020 11:43 AM

Nov 2014
Roch2001 said:
I almost missed the after credits scence cause the ending freaks me out. Theres something not quite right about that dude moving about semi dancing. I guess its similar to people having an irrational fear of clowns. I digress.

what dude moving about semi dancing?
Oct 30, 2020 11:44 AM

Jan 2019
man I felt such an uneasy sentiment when he ripped his heart and in the end he dropped dead....this is going far better than I expected :D
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Oct 30, 2020 11:44 AM

Apr 2019
So Itadori died, and it looks like Fushiguro and Kubisaki are gonna be trained by a panda??? oh ok... hopeuflly that doctor can revive yuuji.

Oct 30, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2020
When that cursed monster asked if Yuuji was dead and when the other guy replied "Did he, though? I'm not sure" with an evil chuckle, holy shit that was so hype. This gets better every week.

I said keep your hands on the table
Oct 30, 2020 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic.

The Fushigoro vs Sukuna fight was great and the OST was amazing, especially at the end when it looks like Fushigoro is about to use his most powerful attack and then stops cause he realizes Itadori came back to control.

I wonder if the idea if for Itadori to form a pact with Sukuna so that he can regenerate his body, the latter did drop a little hint about being in a pact.

We finally got introduced to the second years, they're a quirky bunch and I love how Panda-senpai didn't get any additional background info apart from him being Panda-senpai. Made me laugh. xD
Those curses look like they are trying to start some kind of revolution especially since they want to target Gojou.

Looking forward to more.
Oct 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
Gojou's reaction lol. Get them Gojou.
Oct 30, 2020 11:57 AM

Sep 2018
Cool, the "popular thing = bad" guys have already started going after this show. Epic.

Anyway, the anime has some pretty great production values. The story isn't anything mindblowing, but it's a Jump series. I'm not expecting it to reinvent the wheel. Great so far.
Oct 30, 2020 11:58 AM

Sep 2019
Yuuji died but actually he didn’t, I guess?

Fight scenes were great and they introduced a new character who’s teaming up with curses. It looks like Yuuji will fight Sukuna in his mind and he’ll come back to life. Fighting his other personality and getting a power up/coming back to life, sounds unique.
Oct 30, 2020 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
My Man The Panda-senapi is here, and what an episode this was GREAT and the fight scene was awesome Overall 8 out of 10
SaiDxvLightDec 21, 2020 11:00 PM
Oct 30, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2020
So Yuuji died ... maybe

Gojou is targeted by some curses. Need to see him fight lol
Oct 30, 2020 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
Yuji literally died but brain death happens 1-2 days though right? so he is not completely dead yet

i really like this quote "the only thing that is fair is the unfair reality for everyone"

Oct 30, 2020 12:04 PM

May 2019
Finally, I've been waiting for the Parkour Panda to appear ever since I saw him in the OP. I truly didn't expect him to be a real panda named Panda lol. The onigiri dude is also very unique and funny. I loved all the senpais, they already look like a fun bunch that'll get along with Yuuji just perfectly.

And well, it was obvious that Yuuji wasn't dead lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 30, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2020
What can I say??? This shit slaps
Oct 30, 2020 12:16 PM

Nov 2012
Ah that Buggy voice from Jogo, very funny va love his voice haha.
Oct 30, 2020 12:18 PM

Nov 2018
did nue always such an electricity user...? bcs that's just too cool..
Oct 30, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode, and can't wait to see Gojou-sensei fight.
Oct 30, 2020 12:29 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm literally taking a human heart hostage. The fight between Fushiguro and Sukuna sure was pretty slick. Collateral damage to the town though sure was immense. But the difference in power is way to great. But man Itadori sure returned just in time if to only end up as a corpse after. Hmm Zenin sure is rather direct. But man the school sure has quite the variety of students even panda's. So these are their sempai's huh. The reference to smash brothers sure was hillarious with Nobara's serious expression making it even more so. Overall an excellent ep with a pretty slick fight between Sukuna and Fushiguro. At the same time its nice that we get some new character intros via the second years and man they're quite the group. In the background though looks like the curses are also starting to move as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2019
so after 5 episodes it's official, the soundtrack is pretty lame
Oct 30, 2020 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
Joei-12 said:

Man the soundtrack for this series is pretty much non existent, the only one and real downside to such an amazing adaptation.
Oct 30, 2020 12:39 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode!

The fight was great, loved the animation! Fushiguro got send through multiple buildings, I now wonder if they can use Jujutsu for defence purposes as well, cause any normal human being would have died there. Unless Nue really did manage to protect Fushiguro on it's own.

Yuuji managed to get control over himself again but with the cost of his life, well if only that were real. Can't wait to see the reason behind all this.

Seeing Kugisaki and Fushiguro struggle accepting what happened was pretty hard to watch and Goujou was pretty pissed with what happened, but I think he is also aware that there's more going on than meets the eye.

New characters introduced as well, that Panda from the OP also shows up now.
Oct 30, 2020 12:41 PM

Oct 2019
Very good episode.
Fushiguro’s development was good. Sukuna slayed as always. The first fight between them had a distorted electric guitar ost... lmao at this point it’s required for a good shonen.
Nice to see a cameo by Gojou.
New characters, this time upperclassmen Jujutsu sorcerers! Interesting to see their dynamic and wonder how they will talk to their underclassmen.
Toge Inumaki looked interesting, he can only speak in RICE BALL INGREDIENTS ๐Ÿš!! LMFAO, that is genius on behalf of the mangaka.
Zenin and the Panda looked dope too ๐Ÿผ
There were two others who were interesting as well. The one voiced by Sakurai Takahiro, Geto Suguru, seemed to know about Gojou and Itadori and they seemed like rivals. There was also a curse with him who seemed like a companion, and believe curses were superior to humans and wanted to eliminate Yuji for being an impersonator.
Overall new characters, lots of potential. Looking forward to number 6.
Oct 30, 2020 12:43 PM
Jul 2020
damn, now im hyped to actually start reading the manga. Ep 5 made me want to get into more of the side character's stories as well as how the conflict between Yuji vs Sukuna
Oct 30, 2020 12:47 PM
Aug 2020
Joei-12 said:

Tbh i agree, the OST is pretty weak but animation is on point
Oct 30, 2020 12:49 PM

Nov 2019
Panda
Oct 30, 2020 12:57 PM

Mar 2017
What a packed episode! That fight between Sukuna & Megumi really brings it home how terrifying Sukuna is; Megumi could literally do nothing to stop him so it was lucky Itadori was willing to sacrifice himself.

W finally got to meet the 2nd years including bad bitch number 2, Maki, who is a personal fav of mine! Plus the main antagonists have arrived, minus one!

This is where things really kick off so if you think this anime has been good so far, you're in for a treat!
Oct 30, 2020 12:59 PM

Jul 2020
oh my god why coouldnt I see him beat sukunas asssssssss

Oct 30, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2020

Bro she fine as hell nc

Oct 30, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2020
Meh, didn't expect this to be weakest episode yet. Too much stuff happening in 5 episodes, everything seems too forced and unnatural. No time to breath life into this show.

Fail to see how this is any better than Fire Force.
Oct 30, 2020 1:06 PM
Jan 2020
Now I dare anyone call Fushiguro a Sasuke rip-off again (not that the latter character is bad). Megumi's thoughtful and clearly cares for his friends, though often hides his emotions, burdened by ideals and past events.
He, Nobara and Yuuji have already bonded over a short period of time, so it feels sad when you see two quietly mourn for Yuuji. Ahh, I love them all so much. I really, really like all characters in JJK.

Will always cry over the fact that Merlin, Giyuu, Reigen and Getou share same voice actor because, like, they're SO different HELP??? They all sometimes have only one braincell though, so it's okay.
Inumaki, Tristan and Amakusa Shirou share same voice actor too. Plus Panda and Gilgamesh. My favorite fandoms united. What are the odds...
jerryjoonieOct 30, 2020 1:16 PM
Oct 30, 2020 1:07 PM
Sep 2020
mappa is very good at making animation and this anime is the favorite anime this season
Oct 30, 2020 1:12 PM

Jul 2020
Kaasfondue said:
Meh, didn't expect this to be weakest episode yet. Too much stuff happening in 5 episodes, everything seems too forced and unnatural. No time to breath life into this show.

Fire force was mid tho ?

Oct 30, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
20m said:
Kaasfondue said:

Fire force was mid tho ?

This is mid too. But not the ''generic but executed well'' kind. It's just decent.
Oct 30, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
I always wondered what that Panda was. And he can talk as well!

So the curses will have to target Gojou first. That is something I'm looking forward to.

Oct 30, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2016
Man I really hoped mc would actually be dead... I heard this series was gonna be a wild ride but well, I guess its not that ballsy. Starting to get disappointed with this show.
Hero_LukaOct 30, 2020 1:45 PM
Oct 30, 2020 1:49 PM

Mar 2020
how fushiguro survived that attack is beyond me xD but that's anime logic for you.

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 30, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2015
Lol thid dude went throuh several buildings and still alive and kicking. KK
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.