Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2020 2:56 PM
Jul 2019
Angelica calls Shirou a faker multiple times throughout this movie. However, isn’t she just using stolen power from Gilgamesh? At least Shirou is fighting using his own abilities. How she has the gall to fight using Gilgamesh’s power and call Shirou a faker is beyond me. Anyone else think that was really dumb? Or am I forgetting something that will make me look like an idiot in retrospect?
Oct 30, 2020 6:59 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Firehazard105 said:
Angelica calls Shirou a faker multiple times throughout this movie. However, isn’t she just using stolen power from Gilgamesh? At least Shirou is fighting using his own abilities. How she has the gall to fight using Gilgamesh’s power and call Shirou a faker is beyond me. Anyone else think that was really dumb? Or am I forgetting something that will make me look like an idiot in retrospect?

Gilgamesh's power (and by extension, Angelica's) comes from using the originals of countless Noble Phantasms, while Shirou's Projection Magic (which he uses to create his swords) creates copies of weapons.

From Angelica's point of view, Shirou's copies are fakes, which she sees as inferior to her originals.

That's what I gathered, anyway. It's similar to the conflict between Shirou and Gilgamesh himself near the end of UBW (Gilgamesh throwing NP's at Shirou, and getting angry about Shirou making "copies"), so I thought it was meant to mirror that, in a way.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Oct 31, 2020 12:07 AM
Jul 2019
dierubikdie said:
Firehazard105 said:

Gilgamesh's power (and by extension, Angelica's) comes from using the originals of countless Noble Phantasms, while Shirou's Projection Magic (which he uses to create his swords) creates copies of weapons.

From Angelica's point of view, Shirou's copies are fakes, which she sees as inferior to her originals.

That's what I gathered, anyway. It's similar to the conflict between Shirou and Gilgamesh himself near the end of UBW (Gilgamesh throwing NP's at Shirou, and getting angry about Shirou making "copies"), so I thought it was meant to mirror that, in a way.

Right, GILGAMESH’s power is the original noble phantasms. She isn’t Gilgamesh, she’s just as much of a fake as Shirou is for stealing power from another and acting all high and mighty as if that power is hers. She doesn’t have the right to be arrogant like Gilgamesh. Those are just my thoughts though
Jan 3, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2008
Firehazard105 said:
At least Shirou is fighting using his own abilities.

He is LITERALLY not using his own abilities. He was using power from the grail for the whole movie, up until when Miyu was send away and the connection was severed. Thanks to the grail, he had unlimited mana and boosted abilities for all his fights.
Dec 10, 2021 1:32 AM

Feb 2021
Firehazard105 said:
dierubikdie said:

Right, GILGAMESH’s power is the original noble phantasms. She isn’t Gilgamesh, she’s just as much of a fake as Shirou is for stealing power from another and acting all high and mighty as if that power is hers. She doesn’t have the right to be arrogant like Gilgamesh. Those are just my thoughts though

her card was made from gil and as such she has the originals. remember that servents can't be summond in the kaleid universe so before child gil exist, she is the most original out there.
Eat ass and spew sass!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Movie: Sekka no Chikai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Nov 5, 2017

120 by Karva1 »»
Feb 23, 3:48 PM

» Watching Fate kaleid liner prisma illya oath under snow movie without knowing almost everything.

jacklim92 - Nov 10, 2017

30 by Swagernator »»
Dec 10, 2021 2:28 AM

» Fix this

39sebascq - Nov 22, 2017

37 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 31, 2021 12:38 PM

» Can I watch this?

QuarioX - May 22, 2020

2 by POCHBOOT »»
May 11, 2021 1:51 AM

» Ilya's world Sakura

MLXIX - May 11, 2018

2 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
May 23, 2020 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.