Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 22, 2020 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Shimamura getting fed food.

Interestingly, the episode gave more screen time to Nagafuji and her relationship with Hino. That little forehead is cute if you ask me. Spacesuit girl is also back but it's nice to actually see her face. She kinda looks like an alien with that blue hair
Oct 22, 2020 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Crazy how this show carrying fall. Every episode is just diabetes the anime and continues to pull me further in.

Such a sweet and cute episode with Adachi being jealous at astronaut girl feeding shimamura and having to share attention with her. I love the girls’ dynamic and their natural interactions. Hope Adachi gets the courage to tell Shimamura how she feels soon.
Oct 22, 2020 11:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A date between Adachi and Shimamura... sweet
And we finally saw the face of the astronaut girl... I wonder who's she really is, maybe she's really from the future lol and why does she's shining like that xD
Oct 22, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Oh shit it's a shiny Pokemon, catch it!

Joking aside, it was pretty cuuuute. It's almost like they're a family
Oct 22, 2020 11:57 AM
Jan 2019
with each episode i'm getting more and more invested in the subtle but sweet interactions between the main characters. but really what i'm wondering is what part the little space girl is going to play further on in the story and who she really is. more importantly, Shimamura's dialogue at the end did hurt me quite a bit. great show so far.
Oct 22, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
Average episode with some nice interactions overall although now I do feel that there is an overusage of that spacesuit girl. She had a nice convo with Shimamura in the previous episode that was interesting but that charm has worn off this episode and for the future too imo. This episode got pretty stale in general quickly and I'm afraid this show will lose my interest in the long run.

Atleast we got a bit more focus on Hino and Nagafuji this time around. All these girls really are playful with each other.
animejasOct 23, 2020 3:48 PM
Oct 22, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2017
Jealous Adachi is too cute, but she is in every way cute anyway. And this anime is my aots for now. The only thing that I have complaints about is that the astronaut girl (although I like her) gets too much screentime this episode, wish this episode was more just between Adachi and Shimamura.
Oct 22, 2020 12:27 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Nagafuji actually works at a butcher that her family owns huh. Given the interaction between the two in her room its no wonder Adachi would get embarrassed. For family though it would be fine. The interaction between the sisters though was cute as was the lunch meeting. So the spacesuit guy was actually the girl huh wow. Guess her face was finished in time. Without the suit she sure is pretty energetic. Shimamura's teasing though sure is amusing and did well to draw Adachi's attention out of her shell. Hino though sure is rather best friends with Nagafuji's family to the point where its normal to see her in the house as well it seems. The date though sure was pretty fun especially with the addition of the unwelcome guest that caused a tug of war between Adachi and the guest with the bowling alley being the best. Overall an pretty enjoyable ep that served to expand upon spacesuit girl as well as Shimamura's motivations as well. Though Adachi's still hesitant looks like she's starting to learn as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2018
I like the directing, it makes it more interesting to watch in my opinion.

Also shiny
_______I like rocks__
Oct 22, 2020 12:33 PM
Aug 2020
This was a really good episode!!!
Oct 22, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2020
The entire time I was screaming, "Adachi you are trying way too hard" but still adorable episode. Plot is progressing nicely and I liked that they showed more on the side characters relationships.
Oct 22, 2020 1:06 PM

Sep 2019
Shimamura said “if she’s ignoring me, even I’d feel depressed but I would be over it in 3 days”. We can clearly see how Adachi’s love/affection is one sided so far.

Adachi and Shimamura went on a date but the loli alien ruined Adachi’s “date” with Shimamura. I highly doubt that Shimamura even thought of it as a date.

We will see how Shimamura’s “empty/emotionless” personality developes throughout the show.
Oct 22, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2020
Spacesuit girls face has been revealed, didn't think it was going to be revealed this early but it's cool.

There was a little part where viewers were shown Akira and Taeko's close relationship with each other. Don't know if those two will get any development but probably not.

Think I'm gonna get a cuteness overload from watching Adachi, Shimamura and spacesuit girl doing cute things.

Good episode :)
Oct 22, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
This was really adorable!

I am honestly impressed with the interactions between Adachi and Shimamura, they were so pleasing to watch. Especially the way Shimamura knows how to tease Adachi, pressing the right buttons. The whole "Big Sis/Lil Sis" gimmick was pretty adorable. Jealous Adachi is the best Adachi so far and her blush is just the right kind of wholesomeness I need in my life. I do love the developments that are made so far and can't wait to see that explored more! Especially for Shimamura.

I feel that there was a bit too much of the Alien girl this episode. My only complaint so far.

That final scene though....
Oct 22, 2020 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
This was another extremely, ridiculously super, hyper, ultra, mega fluffy episode.

I still can't wait to find out what the alien girl is all about or if she's just there to trigger certain reactions and put things in motion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2014
Jealous Adachi really is best Adachi in my eyes. I won't be happy if the next episode doesn't have Adachi blushing like a tomato every 5 seconds! XD

This episode had another batch of cute moments between Adachi and Shimamura, although the "alien girl" finally ditched her astronaut outfit, aside from the helmet that she did use as a way to be identified, and showed what she truly looked like and she's a proper cutey, with that nice dress and bubbly attitude, although I wasn't expecting her blue hair to be permanently sparkly, though.

She might've had more screentime than I thought she would have, but she used it well for some cute and funny moments. Seriously, how she can throw a bowling ball 10 feet into the air and slip up while doing so and STILL score a bloody strike is beyond me...

Apr 2019
The space girl really annoyed me this episode. I felt so bad for Adachi this episode, she just wanted a wholesome time with Shimamura.

Great anime so far though.
my life was made with mematic.
Oct 22, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2016
Great episode! However, I don't know why the alien girl is even in the series and what her purpose is, right now she is only annoying me...
Oct 22, 2020 1:56 PM
Aug 2020
I don't know much about this anime but I wouldn't be surprised if the alien girl is actually an alien or something like that and they were in fact destined to meet because she would be the catalyst for the events that will take place in Adachi and Shimamura's relationship.

Or it could just be bs roll-play idk. Either way this anime is alright. Hasn't done anything to amaze me yet but it's not bad by any means.
Oct 22, 2020 2:49 PM

Dec 2019
Poor Adachi, she just wanted an enjoyable time with Shimamura alone.

I wish the alien girl would fuck off but she is kinda cute so am not complaining. It's like she came from a different planet just to be a third wheel. I don't see the point of her being here -_-

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 22, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
That little alien brat keeps cockblocking Adachi lmao. I just want to see the girls on a cute date!

Adachi is trying her best, she even asked her out in her own way. It's a shame she feels a bit left out when all she wanted was to have a good time with Shimamura T_T Her being jealous is so freaking cute though.

I wanna know wtf is up with the alien girl because I don't understand how she's relevant to the story. Is she supposed to add a supernatural element to the story or is there going to be a comedic resolution? I don't care about her but she takes up a lot of screentime which is why she must be important in some way.
Oct 22, 2020 3:27 PM

Mar 2019
Easy pick for favorite show this season
Oct 22, 2020 3:46 PM

Apr 2020
I like how they included the short stories of Hino and Nagafuji from the light novel.
Adachi, Shimamura, and Yashiro all having fun when eating Lunch and Bowling.
Makes me happy
Oct 22, 2020 4:08 PM

Apr 2019
can Alien loli stop getting in the way of Adachi :(

Oct 22, 2020 4:48 PM
May 2020
I don’t like how Shimamura is, I guess suppressing her emotions even though she’s obviously uncomfortable with how Adachi is treating her. Im just waiting for the fuse to blow and I’m almost hoping it does otherwise the anime will just be Adachi playing backwards and forwards with her. ALSO, the amount of gay panic in this anime xDD I live for it.
Oct 22, 2020 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
It's only the 3rd episode, and Yashiro, the astronaut girl, has showed her face under her outfit. I got to be honest though, she started to become annoying throughout the anime, and I would most likely react the same way Shimamura did if I run into that "alien" girl. I still wouldn't mind her as a mascot of the series, but I find her more annoying when she's not wearing her space outfit. I especially find her annoying when she gets in the way of Adachi because I just want to enjoy the relationship between Adachi & Shimamura. I can literally tell that Adachi was jealous, she wanted to beat Yashiro in bowling so bad.

Nevertheless, this another good episode, and I'm happy I get to see more of Hino and Nagafuji.
Manami Numakura and Reina Ueda are some of the reasons why I really love those characters.
DawnHibikiOct 22, 2020 4:56 PM
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 22, 2020 4:55 PM

Sep 2017
Adachi is cute, but also a very clingy and whiney "girlfriend." I can def relate with her feelings of thinking you'll be spending time with one person only for a third wheel to kinda ruin it. Still I feel like Shimamura may eventually push back.
Oct 22, 2020 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Well, the episode was half-decent I guess, part of it being the confirmation of another pair.

On the opposite side, I still don't know what this anime tries to do and why it focuses so many unnecessary things instead of pure yuri. The alien thing is totally unnecessary, her cockblocking annoying, no matter if it's real or not and Adachi's inclination to petulance would be cute if not being the defining trait of her character.

Comedic elements doesn't really work here, quite contrary, it breaks the atmosphere and carefully built tension and nostalgy. And all those ending monologues doesn't make any sense - I mean, if whole story was told from retrospective by older Shimamura who moved on with her life, it would work a lot better but not like this.

In the end, the series really struggles to find its own identity.
Oct 22, 2020 5:05 PM

Apr 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Shimamura getting fed food.

Interestingly, the episode gave more screen time to Nagafuji and her relationship with Hino. That little forehead is cute if you ask me. Spacesuit girl is also back but it's nice to actually see her face. She kinda looks like an alien with that blue hair

Much like Touwa, Erio
Oct 22, 2020 5:21 PM
Jun 2017
Adachi being jealous of the ALIEN KID... 😂😂😂😂😂

This episode highlights about Shimamura's thoughts....interesting...
Oct 22, 2020 5:32 PM

Feb 2018
Shimamura emptiness, her desire to be with others even with the cost of herself, the way she conducts herself towards the others (popular girl/onee-san type), her fear of losing Adachi as well as the fear of being hated by her.... all in one episode, damn, I'm impressed.

I think the thought that Adachi likes her romantically crossed her mind and even though she thinks she doesn't like her that way, she still doesn't know how she likes her. She thinks she'll forget after 3 days but from what she was doing when she said that and after it shows that Adachi is special to her. Sure, maybe not romantically and she is right to think it's not like that, but things are more unclear than she realises.

And how the hell will Shimamura help the Alien? Did it really paid for the food this time? How is a shiny blue hair better than a space suit? Wait, I guess it is a improvemnt, nevermind lol
Oct 22, 2020 5:49 PM

Dec 2014
That's definitely an alien if you ever saw one, everything about her screams alien. Like on what possible timeline would you not consider her an alien? Right?

Shimamura certainly is the popular one, Adachi and the alien girl getting jealous over each other when Shimamura was giving the other one attention was cute and amusing.
Oct 22, 2020 5:50 PM

Oct 2018
Am I the only one enjoying this show?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 22, 2020 5:52 PM

Sep 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Crazy how this show carrying fall. Every episode is just diabetes the anime and continues to pull me further in.

Such a sweet and cute episode with Adachi being jealous at astronaut girl feeding shimamura and having to share attention with her. I love the girls’ dynamic and their natural interactions. Hope Adachi gets the courage to tell Shimamura how she feels soon.

I wouldn't say its carrying fall but it is a good show. I'd say the best shows of the season so far are Tonikaku Kawaii and Majo no Tabitabi
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
Nefelupitou said:
Am I the only one enjoying this show?

I personally enjoyed this show as well, so no, you're not the only one!
I can safely say that this and NijiGaku are my favorite shows of 2020.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 22, 2020 6:54 PM
Sep 2020
Kawaii

I fell in love with the loli alien, but my heart break out every time I see Adachi uncomfortable

me apaixonei pela loli alien, mas meu coração fica partido toda vez que vejo Adachi desconfortável
Oct 22, 2020 7:00 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was sweet, it was a little more geared towards Shimamura, especially in the first half which is nice since we got to see her POV.

Wish that the alien brat didn't get in their way but it was fun seeing Adachi get jealous of a little kid lol.
Oct 22, 2020 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
Adachi is pretty damn cute.
Oct 22, 2020 7:30 PM

Jul 2017
AHHH MY EXCITEMENT IS GROWING FOR MORE WHOLESOMENESS!!!

Adachi being sick (of probably what happened last episode), and Hino and Nagafuji noticing Shimamura's antics. What are the odds.

The astronaut girl Yashiro finally revealed, and being a blue-haired child, I'm kinda sad that NO ONE ever thought of her being referenced to Denpa Onna's Erio Towa (given they were written from the same novelist Hitomi Iruma). She's a real cutie like Erio though, the same alien personality.

AND WAIT...Nagafuji and Hino are also a Yuri couple??? WAIT WAIT WAIT...I shouldn't be surprised that since it's a Yuri series, but still, what a surprise. Correct me if I'm wrong on that speculation though.

Turns out that Yashiro is the 3rd wheel in Adachi and Shimamura's date...pretty sad from Adachi's perspective to spend their time alone together, but Shimamura's waylayness and Adachi's jealousy sure picks up swiftly. Yashiro feeding Shimamura and being straightforward though against Adachi...that is PEAK jealousy at its finest.

No wonder it's an Isoceles Triangle of romance. Shimamura's POV sure is compelling though, lots of thoughts running wild.

Adaptation notes:
Mani: Chapter 6 (continuation) - 8
Moka: Chapter 4-5.5 (halfway)
Oct 22, 2020 7:35 PM
Mar 2019
i waited a week for more lovey-dovey between adachi and shimamura but that cute little alien girl stole their time together and I'm not happy with it, well nevertheless, the alien girl is really cute. I'm seeing the little Shinobu on her who also likes donut lol
I love K-On, and so should you.

Oct 22, 2020 8:36 PM

Apr 2020
ive never wanted to fight a child more! let them have their day out in peace!
Oct 22, 2020 8:38 PM
Apr 2020
Adachi is jealous of a little "alien" girl. lmao. It looks like Adachi is being more aggressive based on the preview. lol. Are Shimamura's friends a yuri couple as well?

Ao_SkyOct 22, 2020 8:51 PM
Oct 22, 2020 9:10 PM

Jul 2014
Man, Adachi is a bunch of adorability. She looked so cute in her pajamas <3.

I understand that the alien girl is some kind of reference to the author's previous work but her presence and the amount of focus she has in this series is weird. She is pretty cute though.

I'm rooting for the side ship.
Oct 22, 2020 10:35 PM

May 2015
I wonder what part is that blue haired girl will be playing in the story besides irritating Adachi and me. Is she nothing more than a "kawai" filling indicating that I should not wait too much from this story as a romance because the cute girls doing cute things aspect of it will be more emphatic in the upcoming episodes?

I hope she won't turn out to be a real "alien" because I don't need that kind of shit in a story like this. From her ambiguous remarks I suspect her to be more likely an incarnated wish of Shimamura from the future (and that is why they run into each other in front of a jinja this time), a "kawaii" Cupid thingy that, through her antics and being silly, makes these two come together somehow.
IshitatesoOct 22, 2020 10:41 PM
Oct 22, 2020 10:45 PM

Oct 2016
Man this show is a blessing especially coming right after from Higurashi. I can't tell if astronaut girl is really an alien or not but, she sure as hell is shiny.

I don't mind alien girl but, I don't like seeing Adachi be uncomfortable but her trying so hard to one up loli alien is fucking adorable.

So far, I love Adachi way more than Shimamura. But, that just means Shimamura has a huge room for improvement. And I can't wait for both of them to develop.
Oct 23, 2020 12:01 AM

Oct 2007
oh, astronaut girl is beautiful!

Adachi is jealous during the "date".

and Shimamura is cute while being fed. lol

looking forward to next week! :)
Oct 23, 2020 12:48 AM

Jul 2016
Is there seriously a point in having the astronaut girl around? Because so far, I'm finding her addition to the series really forced. Not gonna lie, I actually felt bad for Adachi when she realized she wouldn't be spending time alone with the girl she likes.

Unfortunately, this episode wasn't as strong as the previous two. The astronaut girl receiving so much screen-time was disappointing and the way how her character basically ruined what could have been a sweet and highly enjoyable moment for Adachi annoyed me considerably.
The side-scene with Shimamura's friends having a "subtle/not-so-subtle" romantic gesture felt kinda random as well but maybe they will have their own storyline later on? Who knows.

Anyways, that aside, I also noticed that the narrative becomes a bit more monotonous when Shimamura receives the focus but guess I just need a few more episodes to start warming up to her character. Hopefully, I will find her as interesting as Adachi in a couple of weeks.
SouthRzVaOct 23, 2020 11:15 AM
Oct 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Feb 2017
Okay, I officially love this show. I was laughing at the comedy, d’awwww’ing at the cute fluffy moments, and drawn into the angsty parts too. I wish everything was a little more integrated/cohesive (especially the angsty monologues, which feel a tad disconnected), but I like everything I’m seeing.

For the record, I actually like the alien girl precisely because I don’t fully get her; she adds this really quirky & unique dynamic to the table, and I’m intrigued as to where it could be going. It really helps to spice up the characters and catch my interest, honestly.
Oct 23, 2020 3:06 AM
Jun 2017
Dating was ruined, and the little girl astonaut appeared too much which I found very annoying from the beginning of the episode. Considering this, the story of teenage love is not the story of Siscon, where a little girl escapes her parents' supervision. The character of the little girl astonot has nothing to do with the love story of teenage girls and actually disturbs like an advertisement on a television show, her conversation with Shimamura only tells the little girl's hallucinations without any entertaining elements such as comedy or for story development. Too many astrot girls appear in the scene as they only prolong the duration with a side story that has nothing to do with the main story
Afrian_PatriaOct 23, 2020 3:25 AM
Oct 23, 2020 5:43 AM

Dec 2018
This starting to get fucking annoying . I want lesbian romance! Not 3rd wheel alien girl getting in the way of the lesbians,,,, Anime!! Focus please!!

Shimamura are finally getting in terms with her feelings. You are so cute honey!

Hino and Nagafuji like to kiss each other ,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES! I knew it all along! So glad they are coming out of the closet! They are a super cute lesbian couple!

Not a bad episode even if it annoyed me a bit. The support lesbians got some attention and really shined

Yuri-CrusaderOct 23, 2020 6:24 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.