Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2020 2:34 AM

Oct 2016
Being Frankenstein is suffering. I honestly like that Rai is kind of just in the background for now, I mean he is this holy presence or something so if he does something it needs to be special this runts probably ain't worth his time.

On the other hand M-21 is really cool though I am really enjoying his character. I am really liking the pacing so far, it feels good, for me at least.
Oct 22, 2020 5:09 AM

Nov 2009
This is the perfect pacing. Why you guys complain that it is slow. Do you want this to be also rushed like GoH and ToG. No, I am very satisfied with the pacing.
Any explanation is worthless to a blind hater, any criticism is worthless to a blind fanboy.
Oct 22, 2020 7:21 AM

Jan 2020
A quite decent and funny episode. Poor Franksentein has to deal with so many things for his master. I'm feeling bad for him to be honest. Raizel and Frankenstein's interactions are mostly the funniest. That after-credit scene was especially hilarious.

I'm kinda liking this show so far. So I'm a little upset of how low its score is.
Oct 22, 2020 8:17 AM
Apr 2018
- 01:08 "Did it... work?"

- The "Hackers' Duel" was exciting to watch.

- RAIZEL being most adorable character in the series! :)

Oct 22, 2020 9:58 AM
Apr 2020
Regis and M-21 are fighting again over simple matters. Regis is quite savage, insulting Shark and Hammer. Regis even made Raizel pick that trash. lol. Raizel using that vacuum is so funny, and is Frankenstein. lmao

Oct 22, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
Sure the Episode was really funny not gonna lie.. but Why didn't M-21 let Regis fight DA-5? i mean the Boy could've EASILY taken out the Union or something but instead M-21 got the Cliched blood-outta-body-without-actually-getting-body-cut-wounds thingies..
And yea.. the anime is going pretty slow.. But the score is a lot more lower than it should be.. i would easily give this 7 or 7.5.. but instead its 6.. even thought its a LOT better than the crap God of Highschool was...
Oct 22, 2020 10:57 AM

Feb 2015
the only thing i really liked is how the anime portrayed ikhan and shinwoo's relationship. i didn't like that they skipped the regis fight (webtoon spoilers below) and made it about 21. 21 is not the main character, never has been and never will be. i have no clue why the director decided this was an okay thing to do. otherwise, it's an okay episode but i still prefer ep 2.
Oct 22, 2020 11:00 AM
Jan 2011
Necez said:
This is the perfect pacing. Why you guys complain that it is slow. Do you want this to be also rushed like GoH and ToG. No, I am very satisfied with the pacing.

Pretty much

Though I do agree it would be nice to have a double episode.
Oct 22, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2018
I'm starting to think that Manabu is gay, cu'z he seems to wanna get close to Regis than to Seira.

Looks like Manabu jaz made a friend with a Union Hacker .
Oct 22, 2020 11:42 AM
Jan 2011
I dont think this show is gonna win awards but so far I think its good and charming. Perfect job making use of the good bits of the webtoon and inhibiting the bad ones. As for art/animations/fights - beggars cant be choosers. It's obvious they are skipping fights to preserve quality, which is a good choice. I watched the OVA and my expectations for this were more in a 'badly animated B-grade action fluff' so I for one am very pleasantly surprised.

Just tune in the expectations, and take it in in a way that it was designed. Expecting this to be a battle show is not going to do you any good at this point.

TomDay said:
21 is not the main character. i have no clue why the director decided this was an okay thing to do.

Because they dont want this to be empty, but are pushing an overarching message that M-21 is not a monster and that how you live your life is not reflection of the label you get by the society. The whole point of the school scenes is that M-21 is not in temporary hiding, but actually living out his life and learning that Union life is not the only way even for him and at this stage.

Unlike M-21, Raiziel gets it and that's why he is so cool - even if he doesnt know how to use a vacuum cleaner, he knows in his heart, going to school every day and doing exactly nothing is life well lived (but yeah lets complain that he does nothing how stupid and boring, no fights in last 5 min). So he comes every day does what everyone does and learns what life is all about. Doesnt need to fight or be special snowflake. It is mature. Taking out school characters would make no sense. Focusing on fights and dck-contests like the webtton does would make this for kiddies.

Characters' bgr is now more thematically relevant. But they don't spell it out with words like in other shows for babies, so it looks like nothing is happening if consumed with a deactivated brain.

They should start putting a disclaimer at the start: Please be aware that some of the information necessary to understand the pacing is not passed verbally. And that fights are not the main attraction of the series. Nor story. And that there is no MC.

Well, they already write that resemblance to reality is accidental, so... It's like telling people not to put cats in microwaves...

This is what happens when you dont properly advertise your demographics and the wrong crowd comes in. Which is sad, because targeting certain demographics limits artistic merit and ultimately hurts the result, so we should try to do away with that imo, but I guess in practice, we need MORE of that. We need the bishounen+semi-action+small-eyes-sol+whatever tag. And not-big-titty-edgy-crap tag. I swear the audience is getting, ehm, less-profound, each year.
Oct 22, 2020 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
I'm starting to think that Manabu is gay.

It is just updating the outdated views to the modern standards and to bait in another demographics (not like it is gonna matter) - dont read into it.
Oct 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2020
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
I'm starting to think that Manabu is gay, cu'z he seems to wanna get close to Regis than to Seira.

Looks like Manabu jaz made a friend with a Union Hacker .

If he actually is gay, I'm gonna keep supporting him like Shin-woo.
Oct 22, 2020 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
sspit said:

Because they dont want this to be empty, but are pushing an overarching message that M-21 is not a monster and that how you live your life is not reflection of the label you get by the society. The whole point of the school scenes is that M-21 is not in temporary hiding, but actually living out his life and learning that Union life is not the only way even for him and at this stage.

uh yeah, that much is obvious. you don't need to explain why they're making him appear the main did character, they just need to cut it out. i understand why it appears he's the main as well. this is "his" arc, as the webtoon is at this point. but it looks like he's the main because we didn't get to see or get involved with any other characters that led up to this point since they had the absolute brainlet idea of completely skipping over the previous arc. thus why you're seeing people get sick of 21 at only episode 3.

and even for whatever reason it was decided to make 21 more prominent, by no means should it be at a sacrifice of the other characters. there was 0 reason to skip over regis' fight except to again, manipulate the story into making the audience think this is 21's sorry and his journey to becoming a better person. give me a damn break. this is totally the wrong way to approach his character, he was just fine in the webtoon.
Oct 22, 2020 9:52 PM
Jun 2013
Kayleon said:
The pacing is fucking too slow. We don't care about the past of the bodyguard or the daily life of the students. 3 episodes and still no fight scene, I want to see Raizel thrashing Union. I understand why the rating is so low for this anime, it is not even a 5 for me.

Well, Crunchyroll has the perfect anime for you, it's called "The God of High School", there you don't need to worry about past or daily life of anyone, just dumb fights, check it out!
Oct 23, 2020 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
M-21 got a bit wrecked there...shame no action from Regis since he's full of fury right now!

Oct 23, 2020 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
I swear to God pls fix the freaking score, it's too goddamn low... The pace is finally enjoyable... I don't get why people complain so much about this show bein so freakin slow when in fact I get more story out of it, not some pointless fight scenes, *cough GOH *cough... PLUS the comedy element is present... PLS GIVE IT A SCORE HIGHER THAN 6.71 that's too atrocious
“In our society, letting others find out that you’re a nice person is a very risky move. It’s extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.”
– Hitagi Senjougahara
Oct 23, 2020 8:56 PM

Dec 2010
I watched the OVAs and managed to reach the magical 3 episode mark. The only reason I've wasted this much time on this anime is because of the hype. I don't like or care about any of the characters. I think they're trying to throw jokes in but it's hard to tell if they're actually meant to be jokes because none of them are funny. Rai waiting for his ramen to "double" doesn't make me laugh, it makes me gag. It doesn't matter that the pacing is okay if that's the only decent thing about this series. I'm bored. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this series.
Oct 24, 2020 3:46 AM

Feb 2020
Rai's only dialogue this episode...... "It is Bitter"
Oct 24, 2020 4:14 AM

Dec 2014
not gonna lie this was somewhat boring
Oct 25, 2020 3:33 PM

Apr 2018
So the Union Group is here to take M-21 for some reason. You dont want to see Frankenstein mad like that xD. That last part tho.
Oct 25, 2020 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
M-21 and Regis still arguing about anything at any time which mostly leads into some awkward and funny moments.

The little hacker war between Manabu and that one guy from Union was more intense as I thought. I had to laugh when Yuusuke thought Manabu likes guys.

Poor Frankenstein. Rai as his master has to do housework. I think that ending where he wasn't even able to use a vacuum cleaner was gold. I'm still amazed by the amount of dialogue Rai had so far over the last 3 episodes lol.

In the meantime we got some action between 2 Union members and M-21. Unfortunately M-21 was absolute no match for them and so even with a furios Regis they took M-21 with them.

Should be interesting to see what will happen from now on.

Oct 26, 2020 3:21 AM
Sep 2019
I really don't know if I am the only one that thinks this but Noblesse is one of the most boring and forgettable anime I've watched this year.

People thought the Characters in the God of High School are forgettable but everything in Noblesse pretty much is way more forgettable.
Oct 26, 2020 7:51 AM
Oct 2020
Likin this show a lot so far. The comedy is pretty good, love the whole "im a thousand years old" thing with Raizel not understanding phones and everything lol. It's lacking a lil bit on action so far, although the scuffle between M-21 and the Union guys was cool. I do like the bodyguard's background, interested to see where that goes.
Oct 26, 2020 11:27 AM

Feb 2015
okay i just realized....why is noblesse labeled as a web manga? the hell?
Oct 29, 2020 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
Really funny and good episode.
Nov 5, 2020 8:47 AM

Mar 2012
I love the comedy in this series, the chat with the hacker and vacuum cleaner really got me XD
Nov 24, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
I really thought he was a goner by the end of the episode, all of those red flag of normality, feelings and attachments made me dread for his fate when DA-5 appeared to pick him up.

Can't believe the hacking scene made me excited a bit. XD

Rai did help clean up by picking up one piece of trash...and the unplugged vacuum cleaner. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 1, 2021 2:37 AM

Nov 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
This episode seemed mostly comedic but it looks like some plot finally kicked in at the end so hopefully the story gets going next week.

Kinda how I'm feeling. The show has some good characters and keeps teasing something interesting, but so far it feels like the show is spinning its wheels and... that fight scene was a bit underwhelming.

The next episode is gonna make or break this for me. The pieces need to come together and something cool needs to happen that really sells the series and makes it clear where it's heart is.
Feb 24, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
Oh god...I can't believe Raizel actually cleaned up after Regis asked him to

Jun 12, 2021 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
I love how Regis and M21 act like they hate eachother haha

Aug 4, 2022 1:04 PM
Jul 2022
anime-prime said:
Well, this series continues to be consistent with it's normal pacing and decent humor.

The scenes surrounding Manabu possibly liking guys (not sure if from Manhwa or new material) were all hilarious, especially when Tashiro was talking to the hacker thinking that it was Manabu's boyfriend. Comedy Gold. As well as the scenes where Regis was trying to get Raizel to clean and in the after credit scene you see Raizel failing to use a simple vacuum cleaner.

Another weird moment, when they talked about the noodle soup, the subtitles translated it as "naruto", which I know means ramen (or more specifically a fishcake that is often found in ramen) but it might have been a mistake from the subtitle team, unless a language expert can explain why it was done like that.

On the more serious side of the story, M-21 is being taken back by the Union and we will find out next episode what exactly the stakes are for his character. The Union guys are all pretty strong and one has the ability to use a normal(?) gun to vaporize falling rubble...anime logic or part of a superpower?

Really looking forward to the next episode and I think I can now safely say that the pacing will be consistent throughout the entire season.

From what I've seen so far, the Union is a large organization. With such uncontrollable monsters they created, they still managed to hide well from the public's eyes, meaning there are a lot of big bosses involved in it and they are deeply interconnected. So how can M-21 managed to not take precautions to at least changing his appearance with a fake beard and big, or color dyed when he his against this scary organization?! Sorry, I quoted this comment because I've seen your comment from the last episode and I think this episode forum is should I where to place the rant.

It's not that I don't like the story, in fact, I'm currently into it. I'm just nitpicking.

And kinda felt sad about what Regis said at the end. He looks abandoned. It's okay, you'll clear things up soon
May 31, 2023 10:16 PM

Dec 2022
We haven't seen Regis' power yet cause they keep cutting him off at the right moments. Being a noble, he should have similar powers to Rai. But not as strong as him.
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM
Jun 2022
Guess I Was Wrong!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 30, 2020

88 by Vysarine »»
May 3, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 16, 2020

64 by Vysarine »»
Apr 29, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.