Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode got intense fast. With the parasite threat, the stakes got raised higher than ever. Now there's the mystery regarding the character with the long red hair and the mask.

Yotsuba was an interesting sight to see. Seems this case gets more and more complex with each episode. And oh yeah, it seems they didn't forget about Tatsuya/Miyuki's character chemistry this season yet.
Oct 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Fighting practice w. lecture on the not exist-able being...

Talking w. that girl who is in the US.

More fights. Two of the groups initiating fights and the girl thought Hikasa-san's character is also enemy. Main guy also arrived later. She is surprised about main guy undoing her magic.

Main guy asking his aunt about Parade. It's what Hikasa-san's character do? He wants help because he cannot see her identity w. red mask.

The two that talked at the end of last ep. is asking for main guy's help. Huge area of damage.

Main guy was able to undo her fake physical appearance and made her true identity shown (?) in the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2020 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
Visitor Arc is so boring, really. Several scenes such as Lina's fight against Tatsuya for the second time were shown, Even though Lina had to run away. Still waiting for some diamond in the Visior Arc.

Kyaaa....

Oct 17, 2020 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
They skipped things that were in the novel though that's the case with every adaptations.

Of course, there will be TatsuyaxMiyuki moments. XD

Oct 17, 2020 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
Oh wow. Tatsuya actually had someone get the better of him today. Also that duo fight with Erika, Mikihiko and Angelina was top notch.
Oct 17, 2020 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Bro that Angie v Chiba fight was great. Erika held her own very well against strategic class. Shoutout to the goat Tatsu for figuring out the Kudou technique after just one fight. You know he was up against the wall if he had to contact his aunt for help.

That cliffhanger got me hungry for the next ep, man. Mahouka clear AOTS.
Oct 17, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2019
Syureria said:
Visitor Arc is so boring, really. Several scenes such as Lina's fight against Tatsuya for the second time were shown, Even though Lina had to run away. Still waiting for some diamond in the Visior Arc.

Kyaaa....

Bruh, how is this boring when the last two eps have had 8-10 mins of fight? Sorry there’s actual story and dialogue explaining things and worldbuilding. Maybe checkout GoH if you want constant action.
Oct 17, 2020 11:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally had an onii-sama moment. Was wondering when it would finally come.
So weird to see Tatsuya actually being challenged enough to ask for help.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 17, 2020 11:27 AM
Jan 2015
Marinate1016 said:
Syureria said:

Kyaaa....

Bruh, how is this boring when the last two eps have had 8-10 mins of fight? Sorry there’s actual story and dialogue explaining things and worldbuilding. Maybe checkout GoH if you want constant action.
This sort of stuff kinda makes me scratch my head. I'm under the assumption that most people watching this have seen season 1 and with that in mind, they should know mahouka is very exposition/dialogue heavy series that isn't super action heavy for the most part. So it kinda baffles me that people think that will suddenly change like there would always be some big bombastic fight every episode like the average battle shounen this season, but I'm not sorry to say they will be greatly disappointed.
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 11:31 AM
Jan 2015
Farabeuf said:

So weird to see Tatsuya actually being challenged enough to ask for help.
This is what I meant when this season wouldn't be a cake walk for him, Tatsuya is going to face challenges he's never encountered before and will have to figure out new ways to overcome these obstacles.
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 11:37 AM

Sep 2019
Miyuku blushing was cute.

Angelina got found out by Tatsuya. We still don’t know what those masked guys are. I hope they can figure it out soon.
Oct 17, 2020 11:50 AM

Oct 2017
Tatsuya had a hard time figuring out Angie's identity but he managed to do it in their second clash. Now that her identity is out I wonder what Angie's gonna do.

Also Kokonoe sensei visiting so late at night, for what reason?

All the action scenes were pretty cool.
Oct 17, 2020 11:50 AM

Apr 2020
Animation was good in this episode. Super excited for more onii sama episodes..XD
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Oct 17, 2020 12:08 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Close combat training to start the day off huh. The insight into spiritual beings though sure was interesting. As expected Erika and Miki are running their own investigations as a result of Leo's injuries. The brief fight between Erika and Lina though was pretty interesting. Even as a second class student Erika's ability with the sword is first rate made even more lethal with her speed. Still Tatsuya sure arrived in the nick of time before the situation become untenable. Its rare to see Tatsuya be surprised though. The contrast of Lina's outer self and her inner monologue sure was fun. But the fact that Lina was able to fool Tatsuya though is indeed a serious problem. The alliance with Mayumi and Juumanji's families though was the best move as right now more than ever they need info and combat power. Nice to see the sweet moment between Miyuki and Tatsuya return. Overall an excellent ep that combined great tension with exposition and revelation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
The Miyuki scenes make this episode worth it, she was adorable. However, there is still not enough Onii-sama.
Oct 17, 2020 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Certainly the best episode so far in season 2. ( I suppose we are only 3 episodes in... xD) But yeah, like others have said interesting to see him ask his aunt for help. I've not read the novels but the strained relationship was obvious in season 1. Very curious. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 17, 2020 12:49 PM

Mar 2020
Miyuki and Tatsuya's relationship is like prince and princess "I will await for your return" Miyuki says to Tatsuya LOVINGLY.

This episode had a lot of action with a three way battle between the Vampires, Angelina's team and Tatsuya's team and of course we cannot forget the fact that Angelina's identity has been revealed. Angelina kinda screwed unless Tatsuya pulls a NO card which I think is likely to happen. Don't quote me on that cause I may be wrong.

Great episode :)
Oct 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
Lina's secret is out after having been unmasked by Onii-sama, this is really going to make things interesting going forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 17, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
Great episde!

Lina getting a close personal experience on how strong Tatsuya and Erika are in battle. Tatsuya ofcourse is a special case either way, but Erika has great swordmanship that caught her off-guard.

Miyuki is absolutely gorgeous in this shot.

And just like that, with the second encounter with Tasuya, Lina's secret is out! Quite the cliffhanger!

Lelouch0202 said:
The Miyuki scenes make this episode worth it, she was adorable. However, there is still not enough Onii-sama.

It was a great scene, the blush was amazing and only 2 x Onii-sama... Definitely needs more!
Oct 17, 2020 2:24 PM
Jun 2017
Im just here for some tatsuya and miyuki moments. 😂😂😂😂
Oct 17, 2020 2:41 PM
Jan 2015
This scene alone dispelled any worries i had with how well they were gonna animate the action this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGePpl0hqJ4&ab_channel=phantomsword
-MahesvaraOct 17, 2020 2:46 PM
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 2:42 PM

Jul 2020
Even though it happens a lot, I do like it when Tatsuya's targets look surprised after they see what he's cable of. It leaves a smile every time.

Angelina is exposed! Nice ending, can't wait for next week :D
Oct 17, 2020 2:46 PM
Aug 2018
Are Tatsuya and Miyuki really siblings? It's really disturbing how close they are with Tatsuya calling Miyuki beautiful and Miyuki blushing at everything.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Oct 17, 2020 2:50 PM

Feb 2013
Tatsuya makes things way too easy.
Oct 17, 2020 2:55 PM
Jan 2015
eWEQRW123123 said:
Are Tatsuya and Miyuki really siblings? It's really disturbing how close they are with Tatsuya calling Miyuki beautiful and Miyuki blushing at everything.
Yes, though they weren't raised as siblings.

Ulquiorra said:
Tatsuya makes things way too easy.
He's gonna be dealing with some difficulties that he can't just overpower with his usual methods this arc, so don't expect things to be to easy for him.
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 3:34 PM

Feb 2017
Tatsuya why haven't you married Miyuki already with that kind of scene at home rofl.
Oct 17, 2020 3:47 PM
Jan 2015
DrLarsen said:
Tatsuya why haven't you married Miyuki already with that kind of scene at home rofl.
Well they can't marry now, because they're minors, but if you look want a look into the future...
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 4:30 PM
Oct 2018
I'm surprised at how this season feels the same as season 1 despite it being 6 years. It's like there is no difference besides slightly better animation. Another amazing episode!!!
Oct 17, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2017
So Lina got busted. I wonder if they are gonna work together now.
Oct 17, 2020 5:17 PM

Feb 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Watching anime whose story I already know is so boring and I'm still hopeful about the Yotsuba clan later.

Whether the story will be skipped, I also don't know about this anime and that is enough to make me interested in this anime. Since Milf is the best.

SyureriaOct 17, 2020 5:32 PM
Oct 17, 2020 5:18 PM

Aug 2019
WOOOO YEAH BABY THAT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL BEEN ABOUT. Miyuki and Tatsuya’s scene made this episode all that much better.
snowykevinOct 17, 2020 5:22 PM
Oct 17, 2020 5:44 PM
Nov 2014
Godsuya being Godsuya as usual, this was a great episode with plenty of actions and Godsuya was definitely being easy on his master in the first scene of this episode.

Godsuya looks great wearing a suit, what a beautiful man he is.
Oct 17, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
Man, i really don't know how i feel about this Anime anymore. I both love it and hate it at times.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Oct 17, 2020 6:11 PM
Feb 2016
Zero tension, MC is a literal overpowered insert character.
The first season worked because it slowly unveiled how overpowered he is, but now its just stupid.

If he doesn't get his ass whooped by Lina next episode I'm dropping this (probably not tho since there's nothing else airing on Saturdays)
Oct 17, 2020 6:16 PM
Oct 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Syureria said:

Kyaaa....

I think their comment was based on the"second time were shown" aspect which is due to the fact that, despite everyone falsely claiming this arc takes place BEFORE the movie the first three episodes are literally the first roughly 60 minutes of the movie copy and pasted just cut up. You can tell when people haven't watched the movie, which is apparently most of the people commenting on here.

Then again, I've also seen people stating Lina as being comparably strong to the MC when such a comparison is honestly quite a joke. It isn't even close. To give you an idea, if Erika plays her cards right she can reasonably beat Lina. Miyuki, however, as you will see can absolutely CRUSH Lina. As for MC... even with limiters it really isn't even fair to compare him to Lina. TBH, the Tatsuya we have seen so far is basically like Goku from the Raditz fight vs SSJ3 Goku when he is actually using his true power. The only additional meaningful challenges/growths he sees are academic involving new technologies like the flight device and such.

The arc is okay, but its a shame that after waiting so many years half of it is basically going to be a literal duplicate recap of the movie.
MomoSinX said:
So Lina got busted. I wonder if they are gonna work together now.

Without spoiling too much keep in mind they are from two different countries and that matters a lot with regards to work ethics, though being friends is another thing.
Oct 17, 2020 6:37 PM
Aug 2019
What do you all think of the animation by 8Bit so far? Seems a bit lackluster compared to the S1 art by Madhouse. Not bad my any means, but doesn't have the same feel to me.
Oct 17, 2020 7:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its faster than i thought, Tatsuya already solved the mystery behind Lina's magic technique. Sasuga Godsuya!
Still, these revelations mean nothing rather than a stages for them to get to knew each others better than before. Its interesting to see their reactions after this, especially with Lina. My complain surely pointed out to her late respond against Tatsuya's magic. But, yes, i must be forget that she couldn't even ran away this time. She should've retrieved that death body, right? Such an unfortunate conditions to Lina, she must face the god within that situations. Because no matter what she has done, she couldn't even lay her finger to him. Such a shame that the strongest strategic magician from America felt like a flea in front of Tatsuya. However, yeah, i couldn't blame them at all. Entering the enemies border must be hard, the result actually kinda understandable, knewing every factor that influenced it xD. Okay, then, next episode, please!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2020 7:08 PM
Jan 2015
Zeifle said:
[I think their comment was based on the"second time were shown" aspect which is due to the fact that, despite everyone falsely claiming this arc takes place BEFORE the movie the first three episodes are literally the first roughly 60 minutes of the movie copy and pasted just cut up. You can tell when people haven't watched the movie, which is apparently most of the people commenting on here.
Um the movie takes place during their spring break before their second year and this season they are still in their first year. Its literally in the movies synopsis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32900/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei_Movie__Hoshi_wo_Yobu_Shoujo?q=Mahouka&cat=anime so yeah that really describes whats going on with this arc/s.

if Erika plays her cards right she can reasonably beat Lina. Miyuki, however, as you will see can absolutely CRUSH Lina.
Erika got a clean hit in(only because Lina's attention was more focused on the parasite) and she still got her butt kicked, she's not beating Lina and for Miyuki, they're stated to be equals in magic power
The only additional meaningful challenges/growths he sees are academic involving new technologies like the flight device and such.
What? No, he's also constantly creating new magics to tackle current obstacles and new threats.

The arc is okay, but its a shame that after waiting so many years half of it is basically going to be a literal duplicate recap of the movie
Your just spreading misinformation at this point, with your account also being just created today speaks volumes.
-MahesvaraOct 17, 2020 7:14 PM
My Queens

Oct 17, 2020 7:24 PM

May 2011
what can I say sasuga oniisama
Oct 17, 2020 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
i really don't know what to think with this show like i'm kinda just watching it for the sake of watching it not bored or excited things are just happening and i'm like that lady shot a thing that dude casted a thing that person shocked that thing didn't work

and i could sit there and nod and pretend i understand all the techno jargon but i don't and i feel like it's either all this is shit i should have known from S1 or they have poorly explained it but i also don't care enough to seek it out because it really doesn't matter god-kun solves any problem as usual ,was taken back for a moment thinking wait is he actually asking for help and then the show reminds you what you're actually watching
Oct 17, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2013
At least in the season 1 they use visual for telling the infodump not just two man standing and do nothing. Also, Missing the techno soundtrack.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 17, 2020 9:46 PM
Nov 2015
So far good adaptations
Oct 17, 2020 9:59 PM
Apr 2014
Okay unpopular opinion but I must be the only one who thinks Angie Sirius's design is amazing and I wish she was actually a character rather than some thin disguise of the otherwise generic Lina and could stay without the mask (though the mask also looks good). The main reason this season pulled me in. Now that she's been unmasked, won't be seeing much of Sirius again...sigh...
I've never seen another anime girl with hair like that hehehe
ArgyrosOct 17, 2020 10:03 PM
Oct 17, 2020 11:31 PM
Oct 2020
-Mahesvara said:
Zeifle said:
[I think their comment was based on the"second time were shown" aspect which is due to the fact that, despite everyone falsely claiming this arc takes place BEFORE the movie the first three episodes are literally the first roughly 60 minutes of the movie copy and pasted just cut up. You can tell when people haven't watched the movie, which is apparently most of the people commenting on here.
Um the movie takes place during their spring break before their second year and this season they are still in their first year. Its literally in the movies synopsis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32900/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei_Movie__Hoshi_wo_Yobu_Shoujo?q=Mahouka&cat=anime so yeah that really describes whats going on with this arc/s.

if Erika plays her cards right she can reasonably beat Lina. Miyuki, however, as you will see can absolutely CRUSH Lina.
Erika got a clean hit in(only because Lina's attention was more focused on the parasite) and she still got her butt kicked, she's not beating Lina and for Miyuki, they're stated to be equals in magic power
The only additional meaningful challenges/growths he sees are academic involving new technologies like the flight device and such.
What? No, he's also constantly creating new magics to tackle current obstacles and new threats.

The arc is okay, but its a shame that after waiting so many years half of it is basically going to be a literal duplicate recap of the movie
Your just spreading misinformation at this point, with your account also being just created today speaks volumes.

I was very confused but after double checking it seems that these episodes were released around the time the movie came out when they weren't supposed to be which is why I was mixing it with the movie and others had seen these episodes already, too. It was released in movie format. I could care less if you are aware of that or not or believe me but I, and others, have already seen these episodes which is why it isn't that good for us though the episodes, themselves, aren't bad.

About Erika vs Lina that is a pretty lame excuse. Lina is a first rate soldier able to multi-task and utilizes such tasking in her own fighting style. She also knows the difference between getting distracted to the point it could get you killed and not. You are trying to downplay Erika's ability but Erika is quite powerful. You forget that Erika is considered fairly exceptional even in her own family, but she is not a tactical class mage because of her type of magic and fighting style. Technically, she is weaker than Lina if the combat ability of the two were to be rated directly but she is able to make up for that with proper tactics, preemptive aggressive offense, and forcing Lina onto the defensive.

With regards to Miyuki it wasn't even close to equal.

No, Tatsuya is constantly creating new technologies to tackle various obstacles, however, most of the magic he utilizes already exist before the first season's events and is simply banned from use or locked away due to the limiters.

My account being new means nothing and the one spreading misinformation about the story is definitely you. You seem to be biased towards Lina to the extent of hyping her as something that isn't the case and she even says so regarding Miyuki's fight.

The only thing you corrected was the fact that I mixed the movie with some early release of this arc from a while back which you were correct on.
Oct 18, 2020 12:19 AM
Jul 2019
Man ain't it rushed. Scenes removed, fights shortened, zero tension and lack of information. This arc covered three volumes and each volume kept it interesting. But this, I don't know. This anime is failing in presenting its true nature and it shows.
Oct 18, 2020 2:36 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Miyuki was able to say "onii-sama" twice in this episode and, as an added bonus, her blushing face when Tatsuya held his hand on her face was super cute. Her casual jumper/dress outfit looked pretty sexy, too. =P

This episode had quite a bit more action than before and I really enjoyed it. Animation quality was very good and seeing Erika in action was really nice, too. Despite showing how strong Lina is, she did underestimate the strength shown by Erika, Mikihiko and Tatsuya during that fight.

At least Tatsuya acknowledges that he will need help with what's going on and he did a good job in that, too. I do look forward to seeing how his next face-off with Lina goes, now that he was able to use his powers to finally unmask her. =)
Oct 18, 2020 4:26 AM
Jan 2015
Zeifle said:
I was very confused but after double checking it seems that these episodes were released around the time the movie came out when they weren't supposed to
Except they weren't, movie came out in 2017, stop lying.

Technically, she is weaker than Lina if the combat ability of the two were to be rated directly but she is able to make up for that with proper tactics, preemptive aggressive offense, and forcing Lina onto the defensive.
Never said Erika is weak, but there are level's to this and Lina is out of her league. Erika had all the advantages this fight they just had and still lost.

The author says they're equal, so they are equal whether you like it or not.

No, Tatsuya is constantly creating new technologies to tackle various obstacles, however, most of the magic he utilizes already exist before the first season's events and is simply banned from use or locked away due to the limiters.

Oh so these magics created themselves huh?

You seem to be biased towards Lina to the extent of hyping her as something that isn't the case and she even says so regarding Miyuki's fight.
And you seem to be biased against her. She's literally one of the strongest in the series and she IS right up there with Miyuki. Don't dismiss the authors words with your own headcanon.
My Queens

Oct 18, 2020 5:05 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Tatsuya unravel Lina's secret! Will they continue fighting or will they cooperate with each other?

Tatsuya x Miyuki is so cringy. lol

Oct 18, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2020
Alright we got Tatsuya back being cool again. We got some action scenes between the magicians and the vampires. Another sibling service with Mizuki, that was cute. And Shiba being a smartass he is, figures out how to disable Angelina's mask, and damn it hit me strong when they point their guns to each other now knowing their true identities. The Visitor Arc is going good.
Oct 18, 2020 9:33 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode overall.

We got some solid action scenes, a Tatsuya x Miyuki moment and Angelina's cover gets blown. pretty dope stuff.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

83 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

88 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 20, 9:52 AM

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.