Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
No ones created a chapt 58 discussion, so i thought why the hell not, nows a better time than any!

Ehhh 7, i've been feeling a 7 for a while now from around chapter 20ish 30ish i could finally judge it.

Actually it woulda been an 8-9 if chapt 57 was the last, but with 58, which is with shiro waking up at the end yet nothing ever really being explained....
Well yeah i agree, nothing being explained at the end drags it down, every other character moved, on its obvious gantas back in school and shiro is in jail and ganta is killing his friendships to save shiros and shiro is in jail probably for life for being a murderer.

The gems shattered earlier and saying the boy lost his branch of sin to sanji, well that means ganta lost it and so did shiro when those gems shattered...
So maybe thats why shiro cannot regenerate as before, and is taking time to heal and recover, as to why anta is in scars i guess from fighting in deadman wonderland...

Not a bad manga, glad to finally see the ending of the anime which seemed to only follow it till chapt 21 with the moon and sky scene though i think it left out the totem of heads part - anyways they coulda did 1-2 more seasons and wrapped this manga up but it really went sporadic with the story for a while.
A lot of characters are just tossed in, a lot of military and ex coop reinforments hop into the battles for no reason, it really went in too many directions for its own good.

So yeah fun interesting idea that was handled to the best of whose ever abilities that wrote and drew it, i think its a girl and shes a comic art so she might of did all the work herself, if thats the case, cant blame her, shes one person and she did great! - if she had a team, well, they coulda did a bit better then.

I also never got into ganta as a main character he is too weak, shiro is too crazy - its all sooooo absurd - but the author kept trying to make a point about irrationality and if thats the goal about the manga, - doing irrational things because you only live once...
wellll shit, i guess she hit the nail on the head and achieved that goal with it, so it surely didn't fail at what it wanted to do.
So with that said - Eitherway it gets a 7 in the end,,,, it was good, but not quite great! It had the makings of it, but not quite there. I'll probably never reread it, but i don't regret reading it. Interesting topic and idea. And a good go i suppose.
GodOfWolvesSep 27, 2020 9:58 AM
Oct 23, 2022 6:17 PM
Jan 2017
This manga was fantastic. I recently read this manga in its entirety after rewatching the the anime. I will say compared to the anime that didnt get to finish I prefered the anime's lil changes like the faked confession and fight w/ the parents that condemned ganta, the scene where ganta is being forced to watch the fight trailer over and over as he screams. those details I saw were missing from the Manga and i feel thats a shame cause it really humanized ganta even more so. and the few chapters after where the anime was in the manga were a bit lame as well w/ the initial introduction of the forgeries.
but once I got past that the manga turned into something greeeat I give it an overall 8/10 ^^
Oct 23, 2022 7:40 PM

Oct 2017
nidoqueen106 said:
This manga was fantastic. I recently read this manga in its entirety after rewatching the the anime. I will say compared to the anime that didnt get to finish I prefered the anime's lil changes like the faked confession and fight w/ the parents that condemned ganta, the scene where ganta is being forced to watch the fight trailer over and over as he screams. those details I saw were missing from the Manga and i feel thats a shame cause it really humanized ganta even more so. and the few chapters after where the anime was in the manga were a bit lame as well w/ the initial introduction of the forgeries.
but once I got past that the manga turned into something greeeat I give it an overall 8/10 ^^

Niceee, its been two years, glad someone else finally read the manga to the end and decided to comment on it lol - I think i gave it a 7, I rather enjoyed it to, but yeah I thought the anime had a bit more depth to the characters as well with a few of those extra scenes, but overall the manga was a good ride to, was good to finally know the ending of it as well seeing's I'd seen the anime in like 2013 and never touched the manga til 2020 lol
And just like you, rewatching the anime was what finally got me to decide to read the manga as well
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Mar 2015
I really enjoyed reading through this series.
Some intense twists and turns made it a crazy experience.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 34 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Apr 19, 2010

26 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 1 Discussion

sifma - Aug 13, 2008

31 by Ed-Ein »»
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 43 Discussion

Ishmael - Mar 26, 2011

23 by localveggie »»
Nov 17, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 38 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Aug 2, 2010

22 by localveggie »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Chapter 36 Discussion

Scrypt - Jun 18, 2010

28 by localveggie »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.