Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2020 6:53 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was unexpected... I wonder what will happen next on "A Certain Quirkless Sherlock"
Sep 26, 2020 8:57 PM

May 2009
Selfinserts will be so buttblasted after watching it.
Sep 27, 2020 9:22 PM
Mar 2019
Wtf how is the first episode out
SynchrohaybaSep 27, 2020 10:09 PM
Sep 28, 2020 2:25 PM
Aug 2020
Synchrohayba said:

Thats what I want to know...
Sep 28, 2020 8:12 PM
Mar 2019
SpudIsAWeeb said:
Synchrohayba said:

Thats what I want to know...
yeah apparently the first episode is out in japan , i dont know why we didnt get subs yet but it is what it is
Sep 29, 2020 1:08 AM
Apr 2020
Is it out already? Damn that scare me.
Oct 3, 2020 7:18 AM

Jan 2016
Woah, I didn't expect that. I mean I kinda thought that she could be the enemy, but damn I didn't expect that she would act so fast. Is that guy really dead?
Oct 3, 2020 9:08 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda obvious that she's the bad one, with how overly nice she's been.
Same as how the "bad" guy will turn out to be good and probably save our protagonist.

Even though I found it predictable and kind of mediocre, it was surprisingly enjoyable watch. I'll stick with it to see where it goes.
Oct 3, 2020 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
I remember reading the manga of this but I haven't read beyond this point. So I'm looking forward to how things will go from this point.
LeoOct 3, 2020 9:34 AM

Oct 3, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Pink haired anime girls x Psychopaths = The Perfect Marriage of Hell right there.

I sensed she was going to betray Nakajima from the first episode itself but that was well executed at the end despite being predictable as hell. The voice acting is just right. The talentless, talent situation reminds me of stuff like Danganronpa and MHA's quirks for example, but the story is very different.

The story and concept is underwhelming and not too interesting (especially since the genres on paper should make me fall in love with it), but it's got a couple of factors that I found okay about it. The art too was okay and the song at the end, another nice little choice. Not really a good premiere but compared to the amount of shit I have seen this season that's been awful, this one is a level above that.
Oct 3, 2020 10:39 AM

Sep 2016
She's the Impostor
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 3, 2020 10:51 AM

Jan 2014
Well damn. She got me. She really got me. Was loving her, and then boom. 0 to 100 real quick.

Thought this was meant to be out tomorrow? Or did I get that wrong?
Oct 3, 2020 10:59 AM

Jan 2020
I actually kinda enjoyed it and I liked the ending

Oct 3, 2020 11:02 AM

May 2020
Hadn't read the description of the anime, so I came in expecting another superpower anime then that ending happens and I'm just at a loss for words...
Oct 3, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
Is this show bringing me some "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" psychopath vibes OR WHAT.

Nana Hiiragi may seem like the cute, innocent pink-haired girl, but don't be fooled by her charm to read minds and much less the twist of being the "Enemies of Humanity", the ire of the talentless MC Nanao Makajima who just wants to not get ridiculed through all the bullying in class for being the obvious stand-out.

So much for being the "hidden" talentless, Nanao indeed has power, but is afraid to show it, and needs the push to shove to realize that he can make a difference, welp. And the pink-haired Nana showing off her yandere true colours was predictable as hell, if knowing past records of the trope.

Bridge's presentation is not so akin to that of BN Pictures (though I'd find some similarities after watching "Mairimashita! Iruma-kun"), but it's as bland and average as heck.

Again, not the best start, but it was OK.
Oct 3, 2020 11:09 AM
Sep 2017
reminded me of school lives with the colorful start and messed up ending. hope it goes well.
Oct 3, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2017
I went into this thinking it'd be dumb but I'm actually pretty intrigued to see where this is going.
Oct 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2019
I wasn't expecting anything but a mediocre anime about a super school of heroes, and this episode managed to surprise me positively. I didn't expect the girl to be the enemy, I imagined that there would be a romance between her and Talentless, but then there was the betrayal. Did the guy die? Does anyone save him, or does he go back in time like Subaru? Is the girl's plan to kill all the students, one by one, in order to prevent them from killing the enemies of humanity? This is much more interesting than I thought.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Sep 2020
It was a nice episode . The opening was so dark.
Oct 3, 2020 11:45 AM

Sep 2019
It just went from 0 to 100 real quick. I didn’t expect something like this from that art style but it was a good surprise. This anime might be good.
Oct 3, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2019
I was starting to think where this show was going to be physiological considering it felt like a My Hero Acadamia clone with more romance but as soon as I thought that she pushed him off that cliff.
Oct 3, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
Best thing is that the Clannad duo is back ;D
Oct 3, 2020 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
LOL, this screams Boku no Hero Academia x Toaru Majutsu no Index so hard. It's basically the same setting, with the same tropes and characters. The only difference is that the MC isn't a crybaby like Midoriya and the twist at the end got me fooled lol.

I'm not sure about this yet, but will give it time to see how it develops.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 3, 2020 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
The animation and betrayal gave me mad Danganronpa vibes. Went from super average to super intriguing.

Wait so who is the MC, Nana or Nanao? Would be really interesting to see an anti-hero MC for this show.

So is the Nanao really dead? If so, that was really quick.
Oct 3, 2020 12:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kind of boring episode overall.
Also, it didn't help that a fking idiot on Reddit spoiled me what Nana really is a while ago so I had a feeling she'd kill him.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 3, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
This reminds me of Neverland's first episode, hopefully it's not the kind of show that relies entirely on a single twist.
Oct 3, 2020 12:54 PM
May 2015
Well, I had a feeling it would go this route. Never trust pink haired girls.

Mikan from Alice Academy had the same power as male MC...

Also, kudos if you get this reference:

PINK IS SUS
Oct 3, 2020 1:00 PM
Nov 2016
The ending was so genius!!!

Also, I dont think she is the enemy, I think she might really be protecting the earth from them and the "enemies of humanity" are something some military made up to collect basically superweapons.
(And that is all based on the "potential kill count" shown)
Kind of makes me think of the classical answer to "What would you do if you could travel back in time." Which is obviously kill Hitler. But is it justified to kill someone on something they might do in the future?

Maybe I'm already interpreting too much into this, but I'm so hyped.
Oct 3, 2020 1:13 PM
Mar 2019
i really want he not die

i not know anyone that read the manga to aks in private :(
CrowterrrorOct 3, 2020 1:21 PM
Oct 3, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
I'm actually kinda hooked.

It did register she might have been faking. But her's being a genuine quest against enemies of humanity, and actually being the protagonist (at least this is what the opening suggests) killing off Nanao was a bit unexpected. However, othen than that it was a pretty average episode. I hope this wasn't purely a nice gimmick, but will offer something else of substance.
Oct 3, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
"Feel free to shove something in mouth"

For something I came into with 0 expecations it was a full win. Was entertained throughout and the twist made things even better. Looking forward to see how the next episode is gonna follow up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2020 2:32 PM
Jul 2019
I'm guessing that this would be like Daganronpa, since the real enemy of humanity here is.................Nana..

So can we say that Nanao is Nana's 1st victim????

Horn_dawg_2019Oct 3, 2020 2:38 PM
Oct 3, 2020 2:45 PM
Feb 2018
so all students in the island are the enemies?
and nanao has potential to kill 1 million people?
Oct 3, 2020 3:46 PM
Mar 2020
This first episode has really surprised me I’m really looking up for the next ep
Oct 3, 2020 4:19 PM

Mar 2016
Tbh, the twist felt as extremely underwhelming as the hilarious Rachel betrayal in ToG, except it’s not even amusing, it’s meh, along with everything else from the production.
Oct 3, 2020 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
This show isn't showing up for me on FUNimation at all... This is the only new show I can't find, too. I searched the name and found the page for it but there's no episode 1. Is this anime specifically excluded from Canada or something?? Never had this issue before
Oct 3, 2020 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
I was quite happy and annoyed because of Nana's character at the end of episode 1, after that I was curious and read the manga and I think this anime is similar to Danganronpa.
Oct 3, 2020 5:04 PM
Apr 2020
Ryuseishun said:
Tbh, the twist felt as extremely underwhelming as the hilarious Rachel betrayal in ToG, except it’s not even amusing, it’s meh, along with everything else from the production.

what was so underwhelming about that twist?
unlike the rachel one this was really unexpected and im sure took many watchers by surprise
imo very well executed
Oct 3, 2020 5:08 PM

Mar 2016
ayaan692 said:
Ryuseishun said:

what was so underwhelming about that twist?
unlike the rachel one this was really unexpected and im sure took many watchers by surprise
imo very well executed

I knew she was gonna betray very early on, though. And even then without my intuition into account, it wasn’t very impressive to me. The stiff visuals don’t actually help. Then again, having seen this setup so many times before, I’ve grown apathetic to it on a physical level.
Oct 3, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2015
It started off as oddly paced but my my did it peak my interests by the end!
Oct 3, 2020 5:45 PM
May 2020
Top 10 Anime Betrayals.
Oct 3, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2019
well. that was unexpected. pretty damn good first episode

Oct 3, 2020 6:08 PM

Nov 2013
what the fuck?

i guess it makes sense for "talentless nana" to not have a power...but this was unexpected lmao

i was kinda expecting to watch a cute girl reading minds (which was fun) and now i see her killing others...humm, i might actually drop this next episode but let's see, maybe it's actually interesting
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 3, 2020 6:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmmm another hero kids that wanted hard to saved another world that full of an unknown enemy. There was surely had an odd similarity over this season show, eh? The only think that different was the element of surprised like these one had in the end. But, was that enough? Idk, there was so much mystery, who the real enemy. I don't think Nana was the enemy there, even with the pink hair girl too. So, Whatever. It might turned out to be a battle royal game too. Hmm, so it might be complex at the near future.

Also, i might feel that this one was fine to introduced the vibes. But still very cliche with its classical zero to hero shounen with a lot of potential to be a full power hero in the first episode. Its just feel, boring. Maybe the next episode will changed my mind to see an interesting point about this show? Lets see
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 3, 2020 7:00 PM
Apr 2020
Still very scared of nana despite already read the manga. Do feel bad for Hiro Shimono for losing him in 1 episode. Credit to Rumi Okubo for last scene voice changing in what would be her worst ever role. But this is amongst the biggest anime plot twist in decades.
Oct 3, 2020 7:39 PM

Nov 2014
wait, he's dead??j ust like that?? so this is gonna be like Revenge Classroom where the main girl secretly kills off her classmate one after another?

28012001 said:
But this is amongst the biggest anime plot twist in decades.

is it though? the twist was pretty obvious if u ask me. We already know from the first scene that Nana received the text to kill everyone on the island. And the title of this anime Munou means Talentless in English. And Nana obviously has no power from the way she keeps prodding at the mc wanting to know his backstory. If she truly has power she would've known already. So the twist of her killing the mc didn't shock me at all. i am surprised tho at the fact that the guy just died like that. i thought he would have stayed around longer than that since he has the typical main character look, backstory, and power.
ttcchenOct 3, 2020 7:53 PM
Oct 3, 2020 8:27 PM
Apr 2020
ttcchen said:
wait, he's dead??j ust like that?? so this is gonna be like Revenge Classroom where the main girl secretly kills off her classmate one after another?

28012001 said:
But this is amongst the biggest anime plot twist in decades.

is it though? the twist was pretty obvious if u ask me. We already know from the first scene that Nana received the text to kill everyone on the island. And the title of this anime Munou means Talentless in English. And Nana obviously has no power from the way she keeps prodding at the mc wanting to know his backstory. If she truly has power she would've known already. So the twist of her killing the mc didn't shock me at all. i am surprised tho at the fact that the guy just died like that. i thought he would have stayed around longer than that since he has the typical main character look, backstory, and power.

Yeah. But not this manner where he have to die like that.
Oct 3, 2020 8:29 PM

Nov 2014
28012001 said:
ttcchen said:

so he's not dead??
Oct 3, 2020 8:33 PM
Dec 2015
Must say I'm quite disappointed sh** was way to predictable the story could've been a bit better a pink hair psycho killing off all her class mate just how long before someone notice as students go missing one after the other
Oct 3, 2020 8:35 PM
Apr 2020
ttcchen said:
28012001 said:

so he's not dead??

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterOct 4, 2020 6:19 AM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

265 by xXx_BeatMeat_xXx »»
May 8, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

156 by Talamare »»
Jan 11, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.