Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2020 12:26 PM

Jun 2020
I just finished 3 episodes of Young Black Jack & its reeeeally pissing me off!!!!
I almost want someone to convince me the nonsense in it isnt that bad because I really want to like it hahaha. But that dosen't seem very likely lol.

These are my issues with the show:
-Episode 2's ending was ABSOLUTE SHIT, i almost thought it was a joke & that there was gonna be a proper ending the next episode haha. I mean, the first face transplant was done in 2010. But even if thats not true, how could a student do so well when its his first time? & it woldnt even be possible for any doctor to make the illegal immigrant look so similar to the cult leader who died. But lets say its possible, what about the guy's personality, his voice, his teeth ect? & also his face would've be swollen at first, after the operation. the followers would've definitley noticed or at least been skeptical LOL. The artists didn't even try to make the illegal immigrant's face look more like the cult leader's lol. Theres literally no way to justify the nonesense at all.

-Episode 3 was also nonsensical. He decided to do the operation on the dude, even though he's just a student & could loose his future because of it??? there are some bondaries you just dont cross lol, and even though he could've just called an ambulance. Yeah I get that the guy's friends were opposed to calling an ambulance but they could've just been quitened somehow & its not like he will definitley be killed if the goverment finds out hes a deserter. They never said that in the show.
- In episode 2 he had done his first operation on someone & word clearly got out about it since that man who Jack owed money to knew. So why didnt he get in trouble for that?
Hydre_ItoSep 20, 2020 2:57 AM
Sep 19, 2020 12:28 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
This discussion is for the Young Black Jack subforum. Anyway, had no idea Black Jack has a sequel series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2022 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
It's portraying medicine the same way some battle shounen portray battles or sports shounen portray sports. It's very much over the top and my suspense of disbelief is sometimes on the verge of leaving, but I still like it a lot.
Uhm yes, it's very shounen-y lol.

It's very different from a lot of series with its setting etc. and tries to give an old manga a prequel. So far I really like him as a character. I'm also always glad when a see a series that has an adult cast and interesting themes and styles, not a bunch of hormone driven middle schoolers.
Nov 10, 2022 2:38 AM

Jun 2020
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
It's portraying medicine the same way some battle shounen portray battles or sports shounen portray sports. It's very much over the top and my suspense of disbelief is sometimes on the verge of leaving, but I still like it a lot.

It's very different from a lot of series with its setting etc. and tries to give an old manga a prequel. So far I really like him as a character. I'm also always glad when a see a series that has an adult cast and interesting themes and styles, not a bunch of hormone driven middle schoolers.

Whoa I didnt think anyone would ever reply to this thread
I get what you mean about how it treats medicine like battle shounen and stuff, LOL
I guess it wouldve been boring or would appeal to less people if it was more realistic

I also really like the adult cast aspect, I originally started it because the medical student premise is unique
Ive considered giving it another go, dont know if I actually will though
Nov 10, 2022 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
Hydre_Ito said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Whoa I didnt think anyone would ever reply to this thread
I get what you mean about how it treats medicine like battle shounen and stuff, LOL
I guess it wouldve been boring or would appeal to less people if it was more realistic

I also really like the adult cast aspect, I originally started it because the medical student premise is unique
Ive considered giving it another go, dont know if I actually will though

I just found the series last week and wanted to watch it before the original. ^^
removed-userNov 10, 2022 8:39 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

193 by KuriPuri »»
May 8, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

125 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM

» Could I watch this without watching the original anime?

Kamirator - Apr 23, 2021

4 by Kamirator »»
Apr 25, 2021 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.