Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2020
menukaud said:
Is it end of SAO...Or will there be a new season?
they said kirito will return at the last moment so i guess they will make something more. But honestly i think i will stop here.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Sep 19, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2015
What a journey! I really liked this arc, it brought me so much emotions, Nice to see all the underworld planet. The trio Kirito, Eugeo and Alice will be forever in my heart ;)
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 19, 2020 12:01 PM
Apr 2020
im tired seeing eugoe came out of nowhere again, dude u r supposed to be dead, just dead already ffs
Sep 19, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
Other than the cute Alice x Kirito scenes in this episode, what the hell did I just watch? Did they seriously pull a darling in the franxx on us? Not gonna go deep into this episode. That aside...

Final conclusion of this season..

Most of it didn't make sense. Every episode had multiple flaws except maybe the one from last week's.
I was a huge fan of Alicization. I really loved the first season and I had huge expectations for War of Underworld. First part was acceptable at best, but part 2 was definitely not my cup of tea.

4/10 and probably my least favorite SAO adaptation to date.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Sep 19, 2020 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
i do like how an MMORPG world pretty much evolved into a shmup.
do they explain what happen to that racist dude’s body or is that gonna be saved for Unital Ring?

anyway, Alicization as a whole was good imo up until at least this season where it felt like they are throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks. there are more bad shit than good in this season, but some of the good did outweigh alot of the bad, which isnt saying much
dannymilkSep 19, 2020 12:16 PM
Sep 19, 2020 12:13 PM

Mar 2019
MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

Hey that's pretty cool tbh, good find.

Overall, I prefer the first half a lot more since it felt a lot more cohesive and it really makes me care for the characters (especially Eugeo). The second half felt disappointing with cartoon evil antagonists (once again) along with the real world cringe from rallying real world people into underworld to the every country vs japan bs. I feel like the second half could have also worked (maybe even better) even without them bringing back the old sao gang into the arc since they honestly felt pretty extra imo.
Sep 19, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2018
It's so funny seeing Alice getting angry at Kirito while her ass still get charged.

Even with so many flaws.
I still think Alicization is the best arc (currently) in SAO.
(especially the WoU 1st part)

Now waiting list:
1. Progressive (Confirmed 2022)
2. Moon Cradle Arc
3. Unital Ring

custardloafSep 19, 2020 12:44 PM
Sep 19, 2020 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
Oh wow how time flies, we started this Alicization journey about 2 years ago and now it has finally come to an end. The finale was decent, but overall I wasn't too fond of this season as a whole. I do agree that Alicization was a step up compared to the previous SAO arcs (which isn't really saying much lol), but it still felt like it suffered from some of the same setbacks that caused the previous seasons to have such divisive opinions. Either way though, despite this part of the arc being the weakest imo, Alicization as a whole was still a thrilling ride.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 19, 2020 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
It has been a long journey, I enjoyed every single episode. I loved this arc in the novels and I loved this arc in the anime adaptation, it was not as good as it was in the novels but I still loved it. Now there's only to wait for Unital Ring.

I'm looking forward to the Progressive anime adaptation, I'm so hyped.
Sep 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Feb 2011
Of all things we are getting... aliens and space ships in SAO ? My god this was horrid, quite possibly among the worst mainstream pieces of entertainment media i have consumed. Second half of Alicization was absolutely abysmal and unsalvageable 3/10
Sep 19, 2020 12:37 PM
Nov 2019
As much as I loved Alicization and the massive breath of fresh air the series needed that it provided, it got worse and worse through War of Underworld.

I gave a 9/10 to Alicization, and a 7 to S1 of War of Underworld.

This 2nd season was literal garbage, no matter how you put it. The only redeeming points of it were the animation and the sound department.

The plot was horrible. Absolutely everything was random and every single random dude had super powers and it was never explained (and yes, I know there's an explanation, but it isn't obvious at all in the anime). All the ghosts appearing, 24 times through the season How many times did Eugeo appear as a ghost? Seriously, it seemed to me the dude wasn't dead anymore.

I like SAO, but I just can't give this season more than a 6. I really hope with Progressive they messed up storyline gets fixed, because this season was seriously shameful.
Sep 19, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2017
Did they skip Alice and Asuna's jealousy interaction from LN?

That was supposed to be the best scene in the end of this arc.
Sep 19, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
Rytakahashi09 said:

yes they did
I am also upset about this

Sep 19, 2020 12:54 PM

Jan 2020
So the following season (plot-wise) will eventually turn SAO into a mecha anime? Is that what's going to happen?
Sep 19, 2020 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
Despite all the bandwagon hate that SAO gets, the series has always had a fond place, in my heart, and I sincerely hope I get to experience the rest of the stories they have to offer. That ED credit roll, though, got me right in the feels.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Sep 19, 2020 12:59 PM

May 2018
And so the Underworld arc is finally at an end. Lol a space battle as soon as the protagonists jumped in again. Eugeo just can't stay dead for a single god damn episode lol
ByniavoSep 19, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 19, 2020 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
well this ended abruptly..I wish we had explored what happened in the two hundred year period
Sep 19, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

Thanks for that! I didn't think to it. It's a nice thing.
Sep 19, 2020 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
Wow... What a great ride! And that ending, holy... That was crazy, did not expect to see that. It's cool that they showed us the 200 year time skip though. Quite a nice conclusion with Alice and Kirito.

Also I WAS NOT expecting a Progressive announcement, that so fucking great! I genuinely can't believe we're going to be able to relive Aincrad, in ALL its glory! (Plus we've still go Unital Ring to go, amazing news!)
Sep 19, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2019
HAHAHAHAH

Kirito ultimate OP dual wielding dark knight
FROM OUTER SPAAAAACE!

This was one of the most random and out of tone ending i've seen in anime.

And it legit SAO as being the best TRASH anime we have now! But the trash we love.

I was denying to agree with that until this season, but THIS END was hands down.

Thanks A-1 for this funny ride.

7/10

Sep 19, 2020 1:33 PM

Oct 2019
What a total dumpster fire, 8.5/10. Obviously this wasn't the strongest season of SAO but it wasn't the worst either. Story wise, it was pretty mediocre, obviously first season if Alicization was better but I still give this some credit. Most of my problems came from cringey chuunibyou dialogue that was consistently brought up and I felt all the cheese. Thankfully the animation and soundtracks were total bangers, and the suspense and tension that built up every episode for Kirito to come back kept me coming back every week. A lot of people complain about the "rape" scene and attempted kiss scene but I think they need to chill for a bit as that didn't have an impact to the overall story, I've seen hentai much worse. Alice had little to no impact to the story unlike last season so I have no emotional attachments to her character. I got pretty annoyed with Asuna because all she kept saying was "Yamete!!" and I literally had to pause every time she said it because it was so cringe. But overall I don't have much of a problem with her character. Kirito was kind of awesome this season, I'll give that a lot of praise, still in a pretty depressed state after the loss of Eugeo and I liked how the author kept reminding us that Eugeo is best waifu of alicization arc no homo. I also missed Kirito's godlike state and you know, he deserved all of that because all we can say about Kirito in alicization is that Kirito is suffering. I like all the callbacks and how war of underworld turned into the next ambitious infinity war crossover. Eiji and Yuna from ordinal scale was unexpected yet it still manages to fit into the story, and I gotta say that was the best fight of the season. Gabriel Miller was a total letdown antagonist and the administrator was better, but he was needed as the final boss of this arc. PoH was a pretty nice touch to the story, though his flashback was kind of stupid. He was the one who always built the tension and suspense of every episode, so I'm glad he was there. For SAO haters, I can understand why this was the worst season but let's face it, they hate everything so fuck them haters.
Story: 5 or 6/10
Art: 9/10
Ost: 10/10
Fight scenes: 9/10
Kirito's asspull 10/10
Sep 19, 2020 1:34 PM

May 2020
Ah yes, a full Alice episode. She truly is best girl.
Overall, the season has been a weak follow up to Part 1, and in my opinion the last 3 episodes - with all the shonen shit gone - manage to save it from a bleak legacy. The arc as a whole has been good though.

Anyways, looking forward for what the franchise has to offer. I don't know anything about Unital Ring but I'm confident that it will get an adaptation in the future. I'm really happy for the Progressive Adaptation, going back to Aincrad is always beautiful, even more so in animated form.
Sep 19, 2020 1:37 PM
Jul 2019
To be honest, I'm slightly disappointed that the ip doesn't seem to be an ARG. Great episode tho
Sep 19, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2018
Space? FUCKING SPACE?

Man what is this
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 19, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
It's like everyone has forgotten how many abjectly terrible episodes this season has had, the awful fights that came and ended out of no where with ridiculous asspull justifications, the contrived power of friendship scenes, breakneck pacing issues, erratic story and so much more.

Seriously, how do we go from near future + fantasy to Sci-Fi in the last 5 minutes, in a 200 year in story time span, with the justification of "Buh Kayaba", a character who's literally been irrelevant for the majority of the series and came out of no where. I can understand how people really liked the earlier stuff, but this season in particular is ridiculously bad. SAO steadily got worse each season, and this was the crowning jewel of SAO fuck ups.
Sep 19, 2020 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect to enjoy this arc based on the previous seasons but this proved me wrong.
I hope they do well on the adaption of Aincrad arc, it was the best from the series.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 19, 2020 1:57 PM

May 2010
Well I thought this was a horrible finale to another horrible season of SAO but I already know thaat from some reason I'lll still watch sao progressive when it comes out in two years.
Sep 19, 2020 1:58 PM

Oct 2019
Great! This arc was great! It makes me love SAO. My favorite part remains the first part of Aliccization because I really loved Eugeo and his friendship with kirito. I'll wait for Progressive now!
Sep 19, 2020 2:00 PM
Jun 2020
that space battle at the end for real? sao bad till the end
Sep 19, 2020 2:19 PM

Oct 2017
That short fight in the dojo looked pretty :D

Someone seems to be missing an arm under that gauntlet, heh...

Loli Alice is the cutest Alice :P

P.S.
Can we get the sequel before the remake, please!?
RainyShadowSep 19, 2020 2:24 PM
Sep 19, 2020 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
Alice <3
This episode gave me the Alice fix I needed. The whole episode is a set up for future content, which I'm curious about because I thought Aliciazation was the last season of SAO. Well Progression is getting an anime adaptation, so I'm happy for that.
Sep 19, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, even animated it still felt hollow. It wasn't a bad ride but I'm glad it's over for now. 6.5/10
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 19, 2020 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Sword Art Online is one of the first anime I watched, so I do have an attachment to Kirito and Asuna. Alice too. Though I've never really cared that much about the franchise as a whole.

That ending text thing was.. epic? It's just that I can't defend the quality of this and find a concrete reason to care. This was bad. No other way to put it.

I just feel like this should have been a finale to one huge epic, but when I look back I see the Aincrad arc and the Alicization arc, and then the second season, which I feel like just exists without adding anything when looking at the bigger picture, though I admit I don't remember the second season that well to begin with, so I might be wrong about that.

I feel like this isn't what the previous seasons add up to.

As I said, I've never before cared that much about SAO.
I've also never wanted to love Sword Art Online as much as I want to now, but I just can't find a reason to do so.

Seven or so episodes in to this season I was still angry at the writing, but now I'm just disappointed and sad. I'm sad that SAO in its entirety could have been executed so much better.

That IP address just magnifies my feelings. It feels like looking back at something that could and should have been great, especially because the first season of Alicization was just that.
DisconnectedUserSep 19, 2020 3:08 PM
Sep 19, 2020 3:00 PM

Sep 2017
Ugh, finally this season ended

It was a disaster with a few good parts and moments, but overall it was terrible (mostly because of the return of Kirito and its harem)

4/10, hope the next part will be a bit more entertaining but I feel like it's gonna be the same
Sep 19, 2020 3:02 PM

Jul 2017
So glad the worst season and arc of SAO is done.
Sep 19, 2020 3:06 PM
Nov 2017
Ashhk said:
"Kirito will return"
Oh yeah can't wait to see more of SAO, overall really good second cour of Alicization S2, probably not as great as the first cour of the second season but still very good, would have liked to see more romance between Kirito and Asuna tbh xD and not glad that Eugeo was not forgotten lol worst character of SAO

Finally someone said that shit that’s all I wanted or at least more harem moments
Sep 19, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2018
I don’t mean to start anything, but Alice is just the best character by far, she created so much character development between the cast that I’d call her more influential than Asuna.

That aside, this episode Alice gets her deserved rest and is able to get her problems resolved after talking with Kirito. Also she returned back home, but there were spaceships and monsters? Didn’t the rath guys make that world why are their monsters in space, oh well.

End credits did give me some goosebumps, along with Alice’s close ups and crying, so cute!!

the story continues.
Sep 19, 2020 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
Good up until the alien battle. Worst SAO season yet; 4/10. Kirito can return, but I won't.
Sep 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
Twas great to see alice back into action again, and not just lazying around. But man idk wtf was going on in the end.. but fighting in space? May the drill pierce the heavens!!!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2020
So were those those 2 girls descendants of Kirito's and Eugeo's pupils? If so, how would they know what Kirito, Asuna, and Alice looked like unless there's some images of them that were left behind after all 3 had departed the Underworld.

Did the maximum time acceleration stay in effect all this time causing the massive technological jump from swords to space fighters?

Who's light cube was that at then end? The copy of Kirito? I'm guessing the suit at the body of the ocean was Kayaba's and by grabbing that cable means he escaped into the network. Also guessing that Rath sank the Ocean Turtle.

EDIT: I guess Kirito's copy opening those doors means that he officially entered the internet.
RiceKnight59Sep 19, 2020 3:32 PM
Sep 19, 2020 3:24 PM
Sep 2018
Aleph199X said:
Ah... the Insignia...

Time flew by way too fast. The adaptation may have had its downs (particularly with how they handled the antagonists) but overall I'm happy and this episode was great. Good times.

Not just how they handled the antagonists. They handled the protags pretty poorly too. Skipping Eugeo's backstory and every single monologue in the series was a real bad decision.
Sep 19, 2020 3:25 PM
Apr 2020
WTF DID I JUST WATCHED. THIS ANIME BECAME WAY TOO DANK REAL QUICK AFTER THOSE HILARIOUS MOMENTS WITH ALICE.
I get it they have a goal to protect Underworld as much as possible so they can maintain their existence in the underworld but holy fck SPACESHIPS??! That’s too much. SAO’s plot got swayed away too much.

BUT PERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER AN AI FROM AMAZON IN 2026. SO AT LEAST THERE WILL BE SOMEONE THAT HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME EVEN IS IT’S AN AI.
Alice escaping and delivering herself to Kirito’s house like what? But they had their moments that time and that’s it. Sorry Alice it’s already over for you. You are already listed on Kirito’s harem book.

Kirito will return. This series will never end huh. What’s next Sword Art Online: Progressive?
I really enjoyed Alicization maybe I even prefer this from the original Aincrad one. But hey without the Aincrad anime, Alicization wouldn’t be here. From this point I don’t really expect too much on the next season except the “Pandora’s Box.” Plus AI vs Human it's gonna chaotic.
Sep 19, 2020 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that's the last time I watch a show I don't like all the way through, "just to see how it ends". I stopped enjoying myself after Episode 2 or 3 but I told myself I should finish it since I was so close and I hated it. That's on me, I know.

If you liked it I'm happy for you, but I am done. They said "all stories have been told" but we all know that's a damn lie. SAO won't go away so long as it keeps printing money. But I'm done following a show I've gone from kind of liking to just hating, just to be a part of the conversation. For now I can safely say unless I hear overwhelming praise for whatever comes next, I won't be returning to SAO ever again.
Sep 19, 2020 4:13 PM
Nov 2019
Syureria said:
Whhaattt???

A new Avenger has born.
Sep 19, 2020 4:23 PM

Nov 2015
It was a fun 2 years , but , if Tiese and the other girl got reincarnated , then why not Eugeo too?
Sep 19, 2020 4:44 PM
Nov 2016
Apparently in Underworld there is air in outer space for sound to travel through when they are talking.
Sep 19, 2020 4:57 PM

Apr 2015
Where do I order an android named Alice? Does she also arrive naked in a box? Where do I sign?

2 Years have passed and Alicization is over, what a ride it's been. This final season of Alicization wasn't the best in all honesty, there were things here and there that bothered me a little. But it's been really great! I can't wait to see more SAO projects and with the announcement of Progressive coming, the hype will be kept alive!

Also that tease of what happened to the underworld was quite something, I can't wait to see when that will be adapted.

Overall 9/10, Great Anime, Animation was still top notch, sound was great and Alice might be my new favorite SAO girl!
CeddyyBearrSep 19, 2020 5:01 PM
Sep 19, 2020 5:48 PM

Aug 2016
Alicization was fine.
WOU Season 1 was fine too, until the arrival of Asuna.

But this season was just terrible 3/10.
AzazinSep 19, 2020 6:15 PM
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Sep 19, 2020 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Cleostar said:
Rytakahashi09 said:

yes they did
I am also upset about this

Nor did we get Yui calling out papa for cheating on Asuna at 3am in the morning.

Anyway I remember years back when this anime just came out and I got hooked. 3-4 anime episodes in and I already was grabbing for LN content which i read non-stop for a few weeks. There's been a lot of ups and downs, but it's been a worthwhile ride from baka-tsuki transations to tap translations and all the material editions to defan translations and finally to yen press stuff. As well as in-between traveling to conventions and japan to buy the latest then translating for myself with my half baked knowledge. I'm just glad to be alive and have gotten to this point.

Now for the long wait. I feel like the author also buried himself in more work with the time skip. It was bad enough to skip most floors in Aincrad and want to put out a SAO Progressive series, but now you might as well put Alicization Progressive series to explain 200 years worth, haha.
Sep 19, 2020 5:53 PM

May 2019
RainyShadow said:

Someone seems to be missing an arm under that gauntlet, heh...

Lol, the wtf space scene almost made me forgot that we had this cringe speech from Alice.

And Alice btw, all her building up in the story to have a final episode based in her simping to Kirito.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.