Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2020 11:07 AM

May 2018
Gorochu said:
Can someone explain to me what this part mean? I don't understand.

That was actually Akihiko Kayaba whom somehow was able to sneak in the Merc's sub to which he manages to sink it thus killing them mercs in the process.
Sep 20, 2020 11:42 AM

Mar 2017
I have mixed feelings about this season; It felt like they spent waaaay too much time setting up for Kirito to return which actually dragged the story because there wasn't a lot of content for the majority of the episode that were doing just that.

Then we learn at the end here just how much Underworld has developed but we don't get to see anything more of it in its new state, how it got to be that way or the mark that Asuna, Kirito & Alice left on Underworld. I feel like maybe one or two eps should've been exploring this.
Sep 20, 2020 11:50 AM

Apr 2018
Man, I have no words for this season of SAO. It was great, it's nice to finally see Kirito and Alice catch up after waking up. Kirito, Asuna, and Alice returns to the underworld just to fight a space monster. Can't wait for the next arc but I think it will be a while till it gets adapted. Overall I would say 8/10.
Sep 20, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2014
I liked this ending but this season had a lot of massive problems unlike the 1st part of this.

7/10 compared to the 9/10 before. Still enjoyed it and excited for progressive!

Sep 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Dec 2019
Wait what? I thought A1 was doing the adaption, not Trigger. The fuck was that space fight?
Sep 20, 2020 1:14 PM
Apr 2018
13:05 When you're working with AI-technology & still get startled reading the "IP address."

Lol, KIRITO asks "um, is it okay if we bring ASUNA along, too?"
This guy isn't dense.

KIRITO & ASUNA will return. :)
Sep 20, 2020 2:07 PM

Jul 2017
Back to the real world with the ending, and JUST LIKE ANY SAO ending, it was the typical weirdo of a sendoff from Reki Kawahara's spoiled writing (that we've come to expect circa. 2012).

Alice as typical as she is, ran away from Rath's press conference, and barging into Kirito's home uninvited to make a scene. But of course, it's been a long while since we've seen the entire Kirigaya family, and Kirito's ambition might as well be set in stone given the many sacrifices.

http://52.68.96.58/ --> "Our memories are right here (in the Underworld)." Quite a nice Easter Egg right there. But the hilarity is that Kirito has the cheek to ask Alice to bring Asuna along...since when Kirito isn't dense? The world is too small for just one girl alone with her saviour.

To the uninitiated, it looks like Kayaba Akihiko is back again with his shenangians, and an outer space mission??? ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!? To start with a strong headstart, only for all to falter at the end...guess I shouldn't be expectant of a good ending from Reki Kawahara (pretty much a balls-off-the-wall idea thrown to give a "conclusive" ending).

AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS...that's SAO Alicization. The best arc that like others have a strong start to a child's play of an ending.

Kirito will return. Possibly in the near future.

But otherwise, looking forward to Progressive sometime soon!
Sep 20, 2020 3:17 PM

Oct 2018
Will they say what happened to Underworld, because I thought that passed 200 years there...

The end was really confusing, kinda don't liked this subtle end, but was ok.
Boli_UwUMar 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Brazilian anime fanʕ●ᴥ●ʔ
Sep 20, 2020 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
To be frank, this is the shittiest part of SAO that I have ever seen. I admit Alicization was good and part one of War Of Underworld was okay but this... It was like I spent my time getting cringed.

Sep 20, 2020 3:54 PM
Mar 2014
It's not the best ending ever.

But they did a good job, love it, it was beautiful.

Just totally puzzled how those 2 in the ship managed to still look so young after 200+ years.

Are the people in the Underworld supposed to have longer life span than regular humans?

Sep 20, 2020 4:21 PM
Nov 2018
Hey, writers - Darling in the Franxx was not an instruction manual.

"Oh, let's take it to SPACE to blow people's minds!" I don't think anyone wanted that. It was kind of enjoyable - not all bad. But SAO is about the Medieval fantasy world people would like to live in. It would have been much better to show Kirito and his waifus running toward the sunset in the fantasy world, off to face new adventures in the world Kirito could finally call his own. Something like that.

Oh - Kirito and his hanger-ons can breathe, move and TALK in space now? Sure, why not. And they end up in space when they log in even though they have never ended up in space before, no one has. Who put this in the programming?

And of course - space pilots at war are fourteen-year-old girls. New seeds for the harem.

The Eugeo ghost was overdone about a dozen apparitions ago.
Sep 20, 2020 4:35 PM
Nov 2018
Uruz7Laevatein said:
Adorelis said:

living in ignorance is truly a blessing.

ahh I see the delicious tears of snowflakes ermm I meant SAO haters

Fascinating: a brain completely controlled by social media. "AUTISTIC!" "SCREECHING!" "DELICIOUS TEARS!" "HATERS!" "SNOWFLAKES!"

There isn't room for a single original thought in that head. But you forgot "triggered" and "literally," and you forgot to start your post with "So".

It's not particularly clever to repeat like a parrot what others have come up with for you - and yet you don't even use it right. The "delicious tears" blah blah blah is supposed to be when you win something, but you see that you have won nothing. The fact that a show exists, and that you attach yourself to it completely, doesn't mean that you "win". And you don't "win" by making your post, which is supposed to be about the show, just an excuse to attack others, who are simply expressing their opinion of the episode which is what this thread is for.

Well, maybe in your mind that's winning. In that case I imagine your trophy case to be quite empty.
Sep 20, 2020 5:51 PM

Aug 2017
Hegar said:
Uruz7Laevatein said:

Fascinating: a brain completely controlled by social media. "AUTISTIC!" "SCREECHING!" "DELICIOUS TEARS!" "HATERS!" "SNOWFLAKES!"

There isn't room for a single original thought in that head. But you forgot "triggered" and "literally," and you forgot to start your post with "So".

It's not particularly clever to repeat like a parrot what others have come up with for you - and yet you don't even use it right. The "delicious tears" blah blah blah is supposed to be when you win something, but you see that you have won nothing. The fact that a show exists, and that you attach yourself to it completely, doesn't mean that you "win". And you don't "win" by making your post, which is supposed to be about the show, just an excuse to attack others, who are simply expressing their opinion of the episode which is what this thread is for.

Well, maybe in your mind that's winning. In that case I imagine your trophy case to be quite empty.

Translation: Wahhh Wahh how dare you praise SAO, I'm so triggered.... Wahhh

Pot call da kettle black lol
Sep 20, 2020 6:32 PM
Sep 2020
Me encantó esta temporada una que faltó más la disponibilidad de Kirito pero aún así espero que se siga grabado o/u emitiendo ya que a tenido gran impacto en mi vida
Sep 20, 2020 8:36 PM
Sep 2014
Probably the worst anime ending that i've ever seen... holy it was horrible.
what was that?!
So if anyone can tell me is it going to be some mecha anime now or?? like wut was that ending?????
And why the F does Akayabe keep coming back to life? is he a cat or what? what kind of mystical power is that??
Legit went "wtf did i just watch" after binge watching the last 3 episodes...
I guess i'll stay a season 1 only fan.
Sep 20, 2020 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
Kinda disappointing compared to the 1st season of Underworld, which was way better.

This was cliche and very repetitive. However, that alone is not a problem because we have nice cliche animes. The problem is it being very meh.

6/10, maybe 5
TechOtakuSep 20, 2020 9:54 PM
Sep 21, 2020 12:39 AM

Jun 2017
That's the end for Alicization. It has been a long journey. This season in particular had some issues in adaptation and made some questionable decisions but it was still a decent conclusion. I had waited for this arc to be adapted for a very long time and I am satisfied with what I got. I can't blame anyone that disliked this particular cour because the production committee only did a minimal job. But personally it gave me a visual presentation for something that was only in my mind. So I appreciate that. I would just read the books again if I want to experience the story again but this was a nice addition to the franchise. 8/10 from me.
Sep 21, 2020 12:52 AM

Dec 2007
So for the none readers, whats going on next, some macross gundam cross over, those three playing saint saiya in space, like does Sh*t hit the fan now that kayaba has uploaded himself. is the reboot just to sate our need of SAO and shut the fans up till the space wars pop in, will kirito and asuna upload Yui into a clone robobody now that they have the technology. so many questions, such a bad day to start shrooms

Sep 21, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2016
thiago52192 said:
Alicization was a slow path to a disaster. The first Season introduced us to the new inferior staff, with much simpler character design (I hope that doesn't happen with MAPPA in SNK Final Season) and a terrible sound design (sometimes it reminds me of some OPM S2 sound effects). Not only that, but the story was filled with long, boring and unnecessary exposition dialogues. No matter if it was from the real life military subplot, random loli with glasses, or the administrator, those talks were the lowest point of the first entry. But it had its good moments, like the first couple of episodes and Kirito and Eugeo climbing the tower in the middle of the series.

But War of Underworld was a mess. It throws so many subplots without getting in depth in any of them, and a lot of scenes in thoses moments somehow wanted the viewer to feel something about what was happening. Let's also not forget about the over amount of ass pull, forced rape fanservice (in both seasons), plot armor that surpass Kirito surviving in the end of Aincrad and an over amount scenes about Kirito's harem girls simping for him.

If Ordinal Scale was the entry that actually used the good elements from Aincrad and gave SAO a chance to get back on it's feet, Alicization destroyed any chance of the series achieving that, embracing the mistakes of previous seasons to create an arc around them. As someone who defended SAO, claiming first season isn't bad, Alicization deserves every little bit of negative claim most of people give to this series.

Alicization - 5/10
War of Underworld - 4/10
War of Underworld S2 - 3/10

I still don't know if I'll watch Progressive. Maybe it's their only alternative of creating something with dignity, but I definitely don't want to watch anything SAO for a while.
i know you are a anime only but flaunting about how misconception your take is astounding. And be sure to watch progressive too. Dont shy away.

Sep 21, 2020 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
Hegar said:
Uruz7Laevatein said:

Lmao get a life dude. You clearly not watching you clear your list like to hide your taste in anime.

Sep 21, 2020 2:20 AM

Jun 2017
So hyped for the final arc, the pre introduction was great.
DucksInThePoolSep 21, 2020 2:25 AM
Sep 21, 2020 2:24 AM

Jun 2017
MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

You really made my day.
Sep 21, 2020 2:48 AM
Nov 2017
DrivZone said:

So what happens in the 200 years they were trapped, did they have kids, did she share kirito with his new harem, or does this all get thrown away in the source
Sep 21, 2020 3:03 AM
Jun 2017
Alice taking advantage of their solo moment with kirito.. yeah... she is even at kirito's home... yeah..

nice final episode... and well it seems the 200 yrs have passed and now that world now has space ships... hahaha

and im excited for the SAO progression.
Sep 21, 2020 3:06 AM

Jun 2017
L-Mo-Reppin said:
DrivZone said:

So what happens in the 200 years they were trapped, did they have kids, did she share kirito with his new harem, or does this all get thrown away in the source

Oh, didn't read volume 19 of the LN yet, I was talking that they really nailed the adaption of the ending of volume 18 because the first 8 eps skipped some details.
Sep 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
Kirito's dad is such a strict and understanding father, never have seen him in LN's illustration, but based on his descriptions on the LNs, his appearance and personality fits him. I still find it funny, how he call Kirito on his game title black swordsmanxD, looks like a dad find out the weeb things of his son.xD

How fascinating, in 200 years, 2 people, Kirito and Asuna from modern real world, had developed the dark medieval ages of Underworld into Space exploration era. Breathing in outer space, well of course it's not a real world outer space but in a digital/virtual world one.

Would like to see a flashback from Stica's and Laura's perspective, about how their family Arabel and Shtoloinen serve the Star King and Queen over years until they depart from Underworld. If possible I wanna see it included in Moon Cardle arc, if there will be an anime of it.

I can't believe this arc ends after 2 years, how fast time flies by. Even though I've read the light novels, it felt surreal seeing the ending in anime format. I remember back at the end of Season 2 in 2015, I'm thinking how will Alicization look in the anime, imagining how the illustrations I see in the light novels will look like animatedly. Fast forward to 2017, I can't believe they announced it as an anime, not only a 2 cour but 4 cour adapting the whole arc. Now 2020 it's ends. Not only that, I'm not expecting they'll announced Progressive anime , I'm more of expecting Moon Cradle to be adapted since it's still part of Alicization arc.

Looking forward to Moon Cardle arc anime if there will be and the Final Arc Unital Ring, I wonder if they will announce another SAO project in the -After War- event on November.
Sep 21, 2020 3:35 AM
Sep 2020
Is anyone can tell about two gurls that appears in final scene? Is it old kirito and eugeo juniors or who?
Sep 21, 2020 7:39 AM

Sep 2019
The whole Alicization arc was amazing besides this season. I fucking enjoyed the first 24 episodes of alicization, I thought yup SAO is improving for the best and the first part (12 episodes) of underworld made me believe that. First 12 episodes were phenomenal it was like the beginning of destruction a war was on the way Kirito was down and I was interested to find out how they would continue this story for the greater good guess they messed the shit up horribly. 5/10 for this season.
Sep 21, 2020 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
I like it a lot, but the space thing was really weird. I didn't like how Gabrield was defeated.
Sep 21, 2020 8:09 AM
Mar 2015
Well, I'm glad this shitshow is over. All that budget on the fight animations and they completely botch the fight choreography, haha. Could do without somebody randomly crying for dramatic effect every 5 minutes as well, it was getting hella annoying.

We Star Wars with DnD Beholders now,
and that's my cue to gtfo.

You keep watching if you enjoy it, but lets just say there's better animes to spend your free time on.
Sep 21, 2020 9:09 AM
Sep 2017
Looks like another franchise took itself to space being based on a simple premise at the beginning (RPG game)...
*cough*Fast *cough* & *cough* Furious *cough*

Jokes aside, next arc looks something fresh at least, now let's go back to the roots with the Progressive story... Would love to see the Kirito, Asuna & Yui family again in detail...
Sep 21, 2020 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
menukaud said:
Is it end of SAO...Or will there be a new season?

This is to anime what call of duty or assassin's creed is to gaming...
You can expect at least one every year... ¬¬
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 21, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
YES A KIRITO X ALICE EPISODE HAHA!! What a great way to end a series....and also how tf they've come so far from being medieval to star wars level of modernization?
Sep 21, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
Great harem ending. All winners, no losers. And no bad guys getting resurrected. Alice best girl and most beautiful.

Syureria said:
Alice calls Kirito's father as father?
Yes this was terrific. He's gonna be father in law!
CarbonMDSep 21, 2020 10:56 AM
Sep 21, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
Omg now i love Alice even more xD Wouldn't mind unpacking a box with her inside tbh pepelaugh. And calling "Father" to Kirito's dad, bold move, i like it xD

So, the Alicization arc is over, and i think it ended with a bang! The best season of them all imo. Kirito revival, Underworld is saved, we got to see more from the old characters as well, and back to the real world they go. I'm really interested to know about the "other" Kirito tho.. And where the whole story will go from here. Guess we have to wait for Moon Cradle and Unital Ring for now.

Overall, Alicization arc made me regain my respect for SAO, pretty good storytelling, and i was genuinely interested to know more about the story, episode by episode, so yeah, thumbs up for this arc. Cya all in Progressive!

8/10
Sep 21, 2020 12:58 PM

Jan 2008
Second half of this season more or less made no sense as the show basically tossed out any rules and ideas they spent more than a cour building up but at least the show was pretty.

Sep 21, 2020 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
Wtf... I mean I guess I can understand that much time has passed, but why did they not slow the speed down after Kirito and Asuna was stuck in there? In the first place they were only supposed to stay in there for a few mins (which meant 200 years for them), and yet they seemingly got out weeks or months later while Alice got an android body somehow. Also why can't they just look into how the Underworld is faring? All this technology and you can't like snapshot a moment of the world?
I guess the two girls were supposed to be just descendants of the other girls, and our couple is now worshipped or remembered as king and queen, but that doesn't really explain how one of them saw Eugeo. She shouldn't have had any memories of him unless this was reincarnation somehow (but then why didn't Eugeo reincarnate as well...).
Alice delivering herself was stupid but at least funny, although I don't see why she had to be naked (and still bringing clothes apparently). I felt like every moment in Kirito's house was spent to just build his harem once again.
Kayaba just keeps coming back, can't have a season without him. Also no more info of Copy-Kirito I guess, but we will probably get back to these two in the next arc.

I'm glad Alicization is finally over. Easily the worst arc for me, probably even worse in some ways than ALO. I'm sorry but the whole time I just couldn't feel any attachment to this world that felt like it didn't really have any actual consequence on the real world. Like yay we get new AIs to use as weapons. Also not sure why Alice was the only suitable when multiple others broke the taboo thing as well, but okay.
To me the series was based around actual games, that's what made me like them even if it was often stupid. I feel like the Underworld itself wasn't a bad concept, but the execution of it was just poor. So many mechanics not explained well (apparently partially thanks to bad adaptation), and by the second half they just threw random stuff there to make it seem cooler. Like the whole administrator part was at least somewhat interesting with her trying to leave this simulation, but then this time we had some random psychopaths (one of them being from LC, cause we need those as well, can't have enough), with basically no actual backstory other than "I hate the Japanese" and "I like to kill people". They both got super accounts which justified their powers, only to both be lost and them coming back with their regular accounts and yet somehow still retaining their powers, and actually being even better. Like why, how?
Sure we got cool fights here and there thanks to that, and it was nice to see the old gang coming back, but it all felt meaningless, especially the hundreds of American and Chinese players somehow connecting to this network that should be isolated from everywhere else, only to be used as fodder. Also we somehow skipped the risks the Japanese players took by coming here.

The whole arc could have also been much shorter if we didn't spend time in both Alicization halves with introducing integrity knights and later dark territory races only to show them fight a bit then move on to the next one. All pointless.
Also let's not forget the unncessary gore and rape scenes as per usual, but turned up even more cause we can't bring out emotions without those.
Kirito got some more power ups with incarnation I guess (never explained so thanks), beat everyone and that's it.
Oh also Eugeo's sacrifice and loss could have also been handled much better had he not appear like 5 times in the last few episodes to help Kirito. Make it once and make it impactful, quality over quantity, you know.

At least the music and animation was great most of the time, as usual, but other than that, it feels like a boring and pointless arc. I can't believe this whole arc was the same length as the previous arcs together. All we have seem to have gotten was an android Alice and some vague info on possible future events with Copy-Kirito. I'll give it a 4/10, same as Underworld part one, while the regular Alicization and Ordinal was at least a 6, and the first two seasons 8. That's how much I feel like the quality of the story has been dropping since the first seasons. I really hope Progressive will be fun again.
RazielZeroSep 21, 2020 4:57 PM
Sep 21, 2020 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
anyone got link for this eps wiki or something equivalent?

a tad confused why in the span of 200 years, underworld already have fighter jet and have some kind of war intergalactic-ly.

ty
Sep 21, 2020 8:15 PM

Apr 2016
RazielZero said:
Wtf... I mean I guess I can understand that much time has passed, but why did they not slow the speed down after Kirito and Asuna was stuck in there? In the first place they were only supposed to stay in there for a few mins (which meant 200 years for them), and yet they seemingly got out weeks or months later while Alice got an android body somehow. Also why can't they just look into how the Underworld is faring? All this technology and you can't like snapshot a moment of the world?

As far as I remember from last episode, it was only 20 minutes (200 years on Underworld) but they didn't wake up instantly (I bet it was some shit way to say both Kirito and Asuna got mentally tired for being stuck 200 years there, which anyways doesn't make any sense since they're still alive). Basically, a coma, whatever.

As I said before, it was only 20 minutes. There's no need to slow the speed down, since they were out from Underworld.

Alice body was kinda ok, after all it was a need since the beginning of Alicization arc.

I don't think it would be necessary to see what's happening on Underworld. Besides that, it would've be even impossible to see because of the time difference (in the first 20 minutes, of course). Just imagine you speeded up The Sims

Last episode was so weird paced that I can't recall a lot of important stuff but I think it was it. Yeah, War of Underworld is easily SAO's worst arc, yet it has some great moments.

Sep 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Dec 2017
I think i liked Alicization s1 a bit more than War of Underworld but the last few episodes here were good. Hopefully s4 isn't too far away, if Progressive is 2022 and 2 cour then i'd assume maybe a year or 2 wait for after that for s4. Also might as well watch accel world at some point since apparently that's in the same world?
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Sep 22, 2020 6:26 AM

May 2019
Honestly, I've been pretty impressed with the last two seasons of SAO. It was almost like a return to the form of the Eincrad arc. I'm surprised, but pretty happy at how consistent this was. Quite a few flaws, but also quite a few brilliancies.

7/10.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 22, 2020 10:52 AM
Mar 2018
One word - cringe...
Sep 22, 2020 12:53 PM
Jun 2020
Guys is there going to be a 3rd season for Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld
Sep 22, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, that Kirito and his Otosan moment.........TBAH, Kirito was simply implying to his otosan that he wants to be a loser for the rest of his life and working for Rath is a dream come true for him......
Sep 22, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
They definitely shouldn't have done this last episode. It just tossed all kinds of random crap in, why did that space scene need to be there?
Sep 22, 2020 5:31 PM

Jul 2016
RazielZero said:
I guess the two girls were supposed to be just descendants of the other girls, and our couple is now worshipped or remembered as king and queen, but that doesn't really explain how one of them saw Eugeo. She shouldn't have had any memories of him unless this was reincarnation somehow (but then why didn't Eugeo reincarnate as well...).
Alice delivering herself was stupid but at least funny, although I don't see why she had to be naked (and still bringing clothes apparently). I felt like every moment in Kirito's house was spent to just build his harem once again.
Kayaba just keeps coming back, can't have a season without him. Also no more info of Copy-Kirito I guess, but we will probably get back to these two in the next arc.

I'm glad Alicization is finally over. Easily the worst arc for me, probably even worse in some ways than ALO. I'm sorry but the whole time I just couldn't feel any attachment to this world that felt like it didn't really have any actual consequence on the real world. Like yay we get new AIs to use as weapons. Also not sure why Alice was the only suitable when multiple others broke the taboo thing as well, but okay.
To me the series was based around actual games, that's what made me like them even if it was often stupid. I feel like the Underworld itself wasn't a bad concept, but the execution of it was just poor. So many mechanics not explained well (apparently partially thanks to bad adaptation), and by the second half they just threw random stuff there to make it seem cooler. Like the whole administrator part was at least somewhat interesting with her trying to leave this simulation, but then this time we had some random psychopaths (one of them being from LC, cause we need those as well, can't have enough), with basically no actual backstory other than "I hate the Japanese" and "I like to kill people". They both got super accounts which justified their powers, only to both be lost and them coming back with their regular accounts and yet somehow still retaining their powers, and actually being even better. Like why, how?
Sure we got cool fights here and there thanks to that, and it was nice to see the old gang coming back, but it all felt meaningless, especially the hundreds of American and Chinese players somehow connecting to this network that should be isolated from everywhere else, only to be used as fodder. Also we somehow skipped the risks the Japanese players took by coming here.

The whole arc could have also been much shorter if we didn't spend time in both Alicization halves with introducing integrity knights and later dark territory races only to show them fight a bit then move on to the next one. All pointless.
Also let's not forget the unncessary gore and rape scenes as per usual, but turned up even more cause we can't bring out emotions without those.
Kirito got some more power ups with incarnation I guess (never explained so thanks), beat everyone and that's it.
Oh also Eugeo's sacrifice and loss could have also been handled much better had he not appear like 5 times in the last few episodes to help Kirito. Make it once and make it impactful, quality over quantity, you know.

At least the music and animation was great most of the time, as usual, but other than that, it feels like a boring and pointless arc. I can't believe this whole arc was the same length as the previous arcs together. All we have seem to have gotten was an android Alice and some vague info on possible future events with Copy-Kirito. I'll give it a 4/10, same as Underworld part one, while the regular Alicization and Ordinal was at least a 6, and the first two seasons 8. That's how much I feel like the quality of the story has been dropping since the first seasons. I really hope Progressive will be fun again.
quote me for question because u watch different series because of how you misunderstood about the story of Alicization. Your correct tho that its poorly adapted, because the LN is difficult to adapt. Us source readers gonna enjoy it because we read the source material. If you have a question about you dont understand just message me.

Sep 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
Suitedup said:
They definitely shouldn't have done this last episode. It just tossed all kinds of random crap in, why did that space scene need to be there?
because that is teaser for the next arc not literally space because its in underworld and they establish it in the past 200 years the star king. We dont know what happen in this 200years but we will know when next arc animated.

Sep 22, 2020 9:42 PM

Nov 2019
The way the first half ended basically indicated which way this half would go, and unfortunately it fully delivered on that promise.

The promise to provide a generic battle shounen filler movie (even going so far as to pull appearances from Ordinal Scale) extended to a 3-hour runtime.

If you want cool action scenes, arbitrary power-ups, and emotionally manipulative drama it has you covered... for anything remotely resembling storyline development though you'll have to wait for the last two episodes.

And that's really what this entire 47-episode series should have been; a couple episodes showing Alice's development followed by these last two showing her introduction to the real world.
Sep 23, 2020 3:53 AM

Aug 2016
Those who afraid of the next arc becoming a space genre story, don't worry about it. It was only for the sake of ending to the current underworld arc, Kirito and the others disappeared soon after and return back to the real world after the goodbye.

Next arc is Unital Ring, it's a brand new MMORPG and most likely the final arc of SAO, it wasn't an inter-galactic type of game and more like the old SAO or ALO-like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2019
@MahdeenSkyYT
Thanks you so much, I already supposed it was something real, I was going to test but I was already almost forgetting about doing it haha...lol

I need HELP!

Can someone please help me understand if there's going to be released an next season?
I'm not talking about SAO Progressive, since it seems that this isn't going to be an sequencial season for the Alicization seasons.

When do you think that this sequence will be released?

A quick question for the manga readers: Does the story continue or this is the end of the Alicizarion seasons?

*Joke
*The next season name was officially released today... It's going to be called "Star Wars Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 3nd Season"
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.