Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2020 7:47 AM
Apr 2019
I'm sorry to post it here, but for some strange reason I cannot create a new topic in Series Discussion: Anime series.

Anyway, I've finished the Claymore anime, and at least in that anime it seems that Raki and Clare feel love for each other, am I wrong? There are so many opinions about her kiss, if was a romantic kiss or not, and people that perhaps have read the manga says that they are friends and Raki x Clare never been a thing... what should I believe? I hope is just Raki x Clare tbh

Raki in the anime says something like : "I want only you" and "You already know the answer, I'll be always close to you clare" and he hugs her all the time, how is he not supposed to love her? lol
Raki454Sep 15, 2020 7:54 AM
Sep 15, 2020 7:56 AM
Jun 2020
Yes and they fuck real good one night. It was a passionate night to say the least.

Although it was when Raki was mentally stable to handle Clare's beauty. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, xD.
Sep 15, 2020 7:58 AM
Apr 2019
Lol are you serious? I know that in the manga there's a 7 year time skip but Raki travel with Priscilla or something, in the anime Clare actually defeat Priscilla and Jin dies to save Raki at the end (Priscilla is still alive, but the anime it will never get a second season, perhaps you're just trolling me)
Sep 15, 2020 8:12 AM

Oct 2010
Clare is Raki's crush, she saved him, she's beautiful and she filled up the hole left by his dying brother. Clare is older than Raki so of course you can say that he was being immature, that kiss was meat to shut him up and give him hope to see her again.
Does Clare love Raki? not as much in the beginning, she considered him like a little brother and he reminded her of herself when she was little when she was saved by Theresa.
After the war in Pieta she will think about him a lot and good stuff will happen in the manga, I don't wanna spoil.
Sep 15, 2020 8:16 AM
Jun 2020
I'm trolling you, however its an open ending afterall. I personally viewed their relationship as purely friends and Raki himself was some sort of device for Clare moving forward and regain her humanity/life in a way. Whether that's a bad thing or not is up to interpretation. I wouldn't have minded if they loved each other though.
Sep 15, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 2019
@Catalano so you suggest me the manga if i care for Raki x Clare relationship?
Sep 15, 2020 8:19 AM
Apr 2019
@wape ah i see lol. well is an open ending indeed
Sep 15, 2020 8:22 AM
Jun 2020
Raki454 said:
You should read the manga because Raki is less annoying there. In the anime... hmm... not a big fan of him.

Maybe it was because the animation sucked ass, lol.
Sep 15, 2020 8:23 AM

Oct 2010
Raki454 said:

yes, but they don't have that many moments together though. But some chapters are gold in regards to their relationship and we as fans get a clear answer
Sep 15, 2020 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
move away raki, clare and i are in love
Sep 15, 2020 8:29 AM
Jun 2020
romagia said:
move away raki, clare and i are in love
Yo, don't forget to invite me to your wedding ceremony.
Sep 15, 2020 8:36 AM
Apr 2019
Lol @wape, well thank you @Catalano, if there is a way to DM here on MAL I'd like to know that clear answer, sadly I'm not a big fan of reading mangas, but by your answer I could change my mind so please let me now
Raki454Sep 15, 2020 8:40 AM
Sep 15, 2020 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
BEHOLD..
BEFORE IT START.

THERE IS SOMEBODY KNOWS,WHERE I CAN READ THE MANGA??? :"""D..

well honestly,i just watching the anime,so i'll look by it..

NO FOR ME,sorry RakiClare ship..😅😂
After i see in (what episode is,when Clare kiss Raki??i frgt)damnn.. TBH,Clare makes me disappointed😂😅 :"D..
Because from the first episode,im so excited and so hopefully Clayemore only focus about:Yoma,Pricilla,Isle,and the Organization..
Why?simple,cause kind of this plot/the main story,is what i looking for

but.. >:"D
Sep 15, 2020 8:41 AM

Oct 2010
well, you asked for it OP
Sep 15, 2020 8:45 AM
Apr 2019
@Catalano thank you so much for your help ^_^
Sep 15, 2020 8:57 AM
Jun 2020
oktchisann said:
BEHOLD..
BEFORE IT START.

After i see in (what episode is,when Clare kiss Raki??i frgt)damnn.. TBH,Clare makes me disappointed😂😅 :"D..
Because from the first episode,im so excited and so hopefully Clayemore only focus about:Yoma,Pricilla,Isle,and the Organization..

Manganelo.

TBH,Clare makes me disappointed😂😅 :"D..
Why?simple,cause kind of this plot/the main story,is what i looking for.

Your post is incomprehensible. Like seriously.

You're making it seem like the whole deal with Clare is to follow a kid and kiss him from time to time. That is just a little fanservice for us because Clare makes the story. If it wasn't for her honestly, it would just be 'meh'. Not even Teresa would have been able to save it.
Sep 15, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
wape said:
oktchisann said:
BEHOLD..
BEFORE IT START.

Manganelo.

TBH,Clare makes me disappointed😂😅 :"D..
Why?simple,cause kind of this plot/the main story,is what i looking for.

Your post is incomprehensible. Like seriously.

You're making it seem like the whole deal with Clare is to follow a kid and kiss him from time to time. That is just a little fanservice for us because Clare makes the story. If it wasn't for her honestly, it would just be 'meh'. Not even Teresa would have been able to save it.

I'm really sorry if you don't understand what i mean,and not comfortable about it,because i don't use translator,and my english not so good,so..

I prefer their relationship only as brother or sister, or close friends..
You know,like.. Samurai Champloo,One Outs.. I just,really like stories like this..
I mean,the story very straight from the beginning till the end,so.. I hope you get i mean :"D

but,tbh i dont hate Clare 😅..
Sep 15, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Sep 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2020
wape said:
Yes and they fuck real good one night. It was a passionate night to say the least.

Although it was when Raki was mentally stable to handle Clare's beauty. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, xD.
Which uh....chapter did this happen in? I'm doing *AHEM* research....it would help me out a lot...
Oct 12, 2020 9:57 PM
Jul 2018

I was wondering that too but after reading this in the manga it's seems like they are.
Nov 12, 2020 8:52 AM
May 2019
Idk i just finished the manga couple hours ago. And I feel like it's pretty open to interpretation. There isn't any clear indication that they are anything more than a brother sister type relationship. However, when Teresa punches raki and says she's bothered by him taking clares "purity" I'm not sure how to take that other than that they either have or will be intimate at the very least.
Jun 12, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
Myhentaimal7 said:
Idk i just finished the manga couple hours ago. And I feel like it's pretty open to interpretation. There isn't any clear indication that they are anything more than a brother sister type relationship. However, when Teresa punches raki and says she's bothered by him taking clares "purity" I'm not sure how to take that other than that they either have or will be intimate at the very least.

I've skipped around in the manga (though I'm reading it properly now), particularly in the parts that involve Clare and Raki, and I get the feeling that they do feel romantic love for each other by the end.

It's less obvious because Raki's always been kind of gushy while Clare conceals her emotions better. He's in love with her for sure.

Rewatching the anime and while I thought that the kiss came out of nowhere at first, I realized something: Clare is / was a really emotionally stunted person due to her past. She has the unaging body of someone who is maybe 17 or 18, but inside, I think she's like a traumatized kid who lost her second family (Teresa). In episode 2, it's revealed that she had one friend growing up during Claymore training, and the plot of that episode is "Hey Clare, I haven't seen you since school and I need you to kill me."

I'm guessing that Raki is 14 tops when the series begins. He acts similar to young Clare with Teresa, though I think that Raki has a bit of a crush on Clare. I believe that they're on a similar level of "needing a close supportive relationship" (though not necessarily a romantic one) at this point.

While Clare might have kissed him and the age difference made it look weird to me, I think they're mentally on the same level. If they did anything more than kiss that one time, I would've dropped the series.

Later in the series, Clare learns more about having comrades and friends, and working in teams of other warriors, but I think Raki's devotion was the what first awakened her human tendencies. Humans are social creatures. Once we meet older, more experienced warriors, it's easy to see. They have friends, and though their lives often end tragically, they support and are supported by others.

After the manga timeskip, Raki has grown up a lot and doesn't need to hide behind Clare for protection from everything, and Clare has mentally and emotionally matured during that time. I think it's reasonable that they'd be romantically inclined towards each other, especially since Teresa alludes to it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.