Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2020 11:02 PM

Aug 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly kind of sad this show will end next week but oh well, really enjoyed this episode and learned about spiny fish. Really got to hand it to this show for teaching me about fishing stuff also Hinas reaction to the whiting bait lmao, really felt bad when she couldn’t catch anything but that ending was wholesome.
snowykevinSep 14, 2020 11:22 PM
Sep 15, 2020 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
Bless the octopus-san for giving good advice.

Next week last episode.
Sep 15, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well Hina trying hard but it seems it didn't work this time.
The others watching her like that was funny tho.
And her reaction to the bait was funny as always.
Sep 15, 2020 7:39 AM

Aug 2012
It's okay Hina, you'll get 'em next time.
Sep 15, 2020 7:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She's having a hard to time fishing whiting... but well after looking at tips and tutorials I'm sure that she will manage to do it for the finale ep
Sep 15, 2020 7:47 AM

Mar 2018
Nice Episode so next episode is last I wonder how last episode gonna be like
Sep 15, 2020 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
I should not watch this show while hungry lol. Felt pretty hungry by the end of it haha.

Poor Hina though, hope she does end up catching one!
Sep 15, 2020 8:01 AM

Jul 2017
i have confidence in Hina!! she will catch the fishie!

im sad its the last episode next week. i loved this anime a lot
Sep 15, 2020 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
Poor hina too scared to touch live bait and even artificial bait (or as a famous fisherman by some and a redneck hillbilly by one of his neighbors once said "cheater bait"). Can't wait to see hina will show everyone how to cast using artificial bait though I get the feeling that Natsumi san already knows. I'm so sad this anime ends next week I hope this gets another season or an ova maybe some specials I don't know I just don't want this to end.
Sep 15, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
I don’t blame Hina at all. Working with live worms would be a big no no for me as well. I remember my brother took me fishing a couple years ago, he had to set up all the bait worms.

Liked the set up this episode for a conclusive episode next week in which Hina becomes independent in her fishing. Gonna be real sad to see this one go, but what a ride it’s been. Learnt a lot and found a new spot to visit when I go back to japan.
Sep 15, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
Poisonous spinefoots that are edible with the right preparations? Sign me up!

Hina has always gained new skills since her introduction into fishing, and every episode is delighted infotainment fulfillness. But dear girl, trying to be assertive and take charge of fishing isn't as easy as you think!

Glad that the others (plus the usual old man at their frequented fishing shop) are helping Hina out to understand the technicalities and choose the right equipment for fishing. Those live worms sure as hell are squirmly and disgusting, and I feel Hina's pinch for being frightened just at the sight of it (even for artificial ones as well that replicates the look of live bait).

Fishing for kisu or whiting, of course, expect a different skillset and technique, with patience to boot. Definitely can understand where Prez Kuroiwa is coming from: you're not gonna catch fish if it's just "wash, rinse, repeat". The exact moment where they expect Hina to be the game-changer instead of the others (Kuroiwa, Natsume, or even Oono) leading her along, it's time that she learns something without being spoonfed with information each and everytime.

The final episode next week, hoping that Hina will eventually catch fish on her own! Gonna miss this series...T.T
Sep 15, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2018
As usual, this was very relaxing. This episode shows Hina trying to become less dependent on the others but doing so she didn't manage to catch any fish, but I'm sure that thanks to the tips she found she will be able to catch some next week.
Sep 15, 2020 5:07 PM

May 2018
Can't believe this is gonna end next week, fishing girls had been a ray of sunshine for me during this pandemic.

You can do it Hina! Go catch us some fish next episode!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 15, 2020 7:44 PM

Jul 2016
Hina's scared reactions are always so great xD

Another enjoyable episode. Felt a bit bad when Hina couldn't catch anything but enthusiastic as she is, I'm glad she recovered her cheerful demeanour rather quickly. Now let's hope she catches a lot for the finale!
SouthRzVaSep 15, 2020 7:48 PM
Sep 15, 2020 8:56 PM

Mar 2019
Only 1 ep left...... :c

Already missing Hina faces and screams...

PS: Need HTN Merch...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 15, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
That was kinda frustrating but good to see Hina back to her cheerful self. Also damn just one more episode to go, sigh.
Sep 15, 2020 10:04 PM

Nov 2009
Never knew that's how you prep spinys... interesting... marry me Ohno-senpai and make me sushi everyday plz.

And it's easy to figure out that live and fake bait is used differently... since one moves by itself and the other don't... lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 15, 2020 11:49 PM

Jul 2019
did this appear in the manga? I really can't remember this happening. anyways was a good episode. rip Hina for not getting any fish, damn she even gave up too. but the motivation is back, will see what happens in the final episode to come.
Sep 16, 2020 1:07 AM

Aug 2020
What Hina-chan calls Kamegahama Seaside Park is Tsurugahama Beach in real-life.
Sep 16, 2020 10:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
First sequence lesson: Don't judge a fish by its cover. Its tastes too good if you found a way to proceed it properly. Second sequences lesson: Don't give up your day, ask a questions if you encounters a dead end, be more active and creative to solved every problems with a cool head.

I am glad Hina found a way to solved her own problems as she just said to being more active about fishing. Yuuiki kaichou looks pretty cool, more reliable, and too brilliant with all of her lesson to Hina. But still held some cruelty over Hina's poor soul toward an insect bait. Lol. Ohno senpai and Natsumi expression that wanted to help Hina just too pure. Unfortunately they couldn't help because Hina needed to be more independent about her own problems.

So, yeah, thats happening. While the others show had a wild beach fanservices, Houkago Teibou Nisshi found a great way to proceed a fanservices without forgetting their main premises. Its teaching me a new fishing technique, on the shore, and everything surrounding it. Its obviously turned out to be like that. Its about fishing, why they needed to do a bikini parade? Lol. How silly me.

The obvious fanservices on this one just seeing how Hina had so much struggle realizing a proper fishing while using a different bait from another. Not to mention her fear and hilarious reaction while Natsumi casually ripped off that worm bait. I found it pretty hilarious to be seen. Lol. A standard Hina's reaction xD

I can't believed the next one is their end. I mean, i am very miss this kind of show. Its had some okay-ish thing, while the others had so much meaningful lesson on its storyline. Well, as a standard CGDCT lover, this is far more than my initial expectations. I am very satisfied with this one.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 16, 2020 10:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
amlg said:

And it's easy to figure out that live and fake bait is used differently... since one moves by itself and the other don't... lol

Hina just wanted to feel a happy fishing without even care much with the detail surrounding it. Please, spare her more love. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
neveer give-up Hina! although most answers can be found on the deep web i meant net, not everything is on the deep web i meant net, some can only be aquired by experience lolz...deep web i meant net is just a starting jump start point!
oh man! 1 ep left...gonna miss this dogakobo show!
5/5.

Hina treats bugs as worse than gross, the term is REVOLTING!!!

Sep 18, 2020 6:33 AM
Apr 2020
Is it just me, or were Hina's animations more detailed this episode?
Dunno the actual term I'm looking for, but the animation felt different in this episode.

Keen to see what the last EP has in store
Sep 18, 2020 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
Today I learned: never eat while watching fishing anime. Those worms maaan.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Sep 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2017
That's one heck of a preview for the next final episode!

plz @ me
Sep 20, 2020 4:27 PM

Mar 2008
This show is so wholesome and good.
Sep 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Oct 2010
Not the beach episode I was expecting, but a good episode for the most part. Learnt a lot from that old man at the store
Oct 5, 2020 9:51 PM

Sep 2018
They're so lucky to live in seaside town, they can catch fish and eat it! No need to worry for meals XD
Hina is always crying about worms and stuff!
Dec 27, 2020 4:42 AM

Apr 2020
Natsumi and Oono both hoped Hina would ask them for advice. Unfortunately, Hina wasn't aware that the method was wrong.

As a matter of fact, most beginners will have this problem. They don't know how the principle works, so they follow what their teachers teach them but don't question or use their own head. Similarly, they won't want to run, of course, when they haven't learned to walk. lol. This should be fine when they experience this stage.

Jan 1, 2021 9:45 AM

Sep 2018
First episode not self-contained, in the intention of the director he wants to close the anime series with a small narrative arc, to give more involvement with the story: to do this, the narrative structure is renewed by inserting two types of fish caught, and at the same time also inserting the important factor of experience as regards refuting strange rumors and addressing possible problems that may arise during the fishing session. Furthermore, the unsatisfied script introduces a further cognitive step into fishing tackle. Excellent comic sketches and Hina's reactions. Bottom line: never give up too easily.
Jan 29, 2021 12:20 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Hina wanting to become more assertive, seems like she is going to start learning on her own more instead of being spoon fed with tips and tricks to catch fish.

Feb 25, 2021 1:30 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Hina. You'll get the fish next time!

SerafosDec 18, 2023 11:13 AM
May 10, 2022 7:10 AM

Jul 2021
Hina's way of being optimistic is truly ideal
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 24, 2022 12:02 AM

Apr 2019
poor Hina couldn't catch a single whiting lol
Jan 8, 2023 9:06 PM

May 2022
This series gets a 10 for good quality fishing content. 

Like Hina, I get a little grossed out with live bait and prefer artificial or plastic bait. It is also considered more "sporting". It is easy to catch fish using their usual food, but using artificial bait is more challenging and makes it a little more "fair". 

The girls are using common brands of plastic worms like Dulp (irl Gulp), and the Japanese Isome worms. Once or twice a year, I will order artificial lures and rigs from a Japanese tackle store. Shipping costs more, but I think it is better quality and more realistic than a lot of what is available in America. Like the lines and hooks that sometimes get left behind, some plastic worms will stick around in the environment for years or end up in an animal's stomach for years. So it is very important to do as Hina says and pick up any lines, hooks, old plastic worms, or other tackle you see on the beach or lakeside. Someday soon, there may be laws requiring artificial baits to be biodegradable. Right now, it is hard to find artificial baits that decompose naturally.
OG_OtakuJan 13, 2023 9:49 AM
Jul 18, 2023 10:09 AM

Oct 2022
Gosh Prez's and old man octopus's dialect always confuse the heck out of me.
Nov 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Dec 2022
I thought the reason no one mentioned the artificial bait in the store was that it might've been more expensive, but apparently not. I think artificial bait might even be cheaper, come to think of it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2020

92 by HibiChika »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

38 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

70 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Sep 1, 2020

42 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

53 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.