Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2020 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hina made a new friend tho she doesn't seem to be very happy about it.
It was nice of them to help that bird tho.

And the teacher was acting like a teacher for ones with her lessons on survival in the water.
It's a good thing to see the school teaching the girls that, it's to be expected since they also allow to club to exist like that.
It shows that they care for their students.
Sep 1, 2020 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, this goes to show that swimming is very important for anyone to learn.

These lessons imo are invaluable.
Sep 1, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Poor Oono, very relatable episode ... i also fucking hate water, and the only swimming position i can do is drowning rock ...

Second part was surprisingly deep.
Sep 1, 2020 7:42 AM

Aug 2012

Tfw you got jumped twice.
Sep 1, 2020 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
Hina's rivalry with the bird was pretty funny haha.

D'awww, bless Oono, trying her hardest to over come her fears.
Sep 1, 2020 7:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha the part with the Heron was really hilarious, Hina has a lot of empathy that's so cute to watch
Sep 1, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2015
I almost shed a manly tear during the scene that led up to Hina not being able to sleep because of that injured Heron. I didn't expect this light hearted anime to make me this emotional :)
Sep 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2019
very useful life lessons, as well as fishing knowledge there is also a bit for the general audience too. nice one. never know when you need a water bottle to save your life one day.

the heron part hits harder in the anime, damn. was still nice to see it got saved.

very cool episode all in all.
Sep 1, 2020 9:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, another soothing moment in their end session with the bird problems showed me how great the show to handled their routines. Surely the bird really knew how to teased and annoyed a cute girl so hard. I might be like that bird if i was there. Lmao. I just can't trust the bird with its first met. But, shit, the bird had a tragic issued on its foot. So, its kind of a lucky encounters, eh? Pretty solid idea to be came up, with such a matched up situations. Their decision to change up a bit of their tone there was so nice. Well, its not about the same fishing detail all over again. I just glad to watched something differ from their daily routines.

Its have a same feel with the first session. A good learning lesson to be watched made the whole episode feel so fun. The teacher looks more useful there, and her swimsuit, just, so great. And i just love with their new brand of life jacket. Its looked so powerful with the wildness of the ocean. It was so nice to seeing a different technology that i never think before. Great. Not to mentioned Ohno fear over the shallow pool, and how cute the interaction between Hina and Natsumi, then by Ohno and Yuuki. Well, since all the girls just had a fun, the teacher lost her hope to get some reimbursement, and ended up being broke by buying another air tank! Lol. Cheer up, sensei!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The moment I saw "Basic Life-Saving Course", ONLY 1 PERSON comes to mind: the girl WHO CAN'T SWIM: Oono-senpai. How terrifying is that.

Sayaka-sensei being useful this time around as a former lifeguard, and teaching the others about safety in the school swimming pool (because it's much scarier out in the open bottomless ocean).

Oono-senpai cowering is just funny, I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's hard so GANBATTE, you can overcome your fears! Hina and Natsume are just as per the norm. And life jackets, the last line of protection (and definitely Oono's lifesaver too). Too bad fun's wasting precious money away.

Another day for fishing, but in murky open waters (unlike last episode's drain). What's different is the heron bird, a popular fish scraper that likes to steal bait fish. Hina picking a fight with it was funny, but as is, irresponsible people leaving their fish hook lines in the open ocean, that's as bad as catching one and leaving animals to be baited and lose part of their body parts.

The emotional part of Hina researching on animals caught by fishing lines, WHEW that struck HARD. Quite easy to bait the heron, but getting rid of the tangleness is another. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Edutainment at its finest. Glad to learn something new as well. Sasuga episode.
Sep 1, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. I liked the theme of responsibility and looking after wildlife and the environment. I have rig wallets and boxes for all my fishing tackle, and always make sure I pick up and dispose of all my trash. There's nothing worse than going fishing in some remote spot on a river, lake or on the coast and finding rubbish from other anglers, or the general public for that matter.

It was also a change of pace and scene to see the girls learn to swim at the pool. Poor Ohno-senapi, she's really scared of drowning. I just want to give her a big hug when she's all distressed. Miss Club-Advisor was fun in this episode.

All the Herons I've ever encountered in the UK never come anywhere near people. The ducks and swans do though. I've caught a duck on my line a few times and had to reel it in whilst it was flying in the air! It was madness, but I've got long prongs to un-hook the fish, so myself and a friend managed to get the ducks free fairly quickly. The ducks always learn after that.
23feanorSep 1, 2020 10:17 AM
Sep 1, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
I really enjoyed the key message of fishing and environmental responsibility in this episode. Would be a good one for little kids and adults alike to watch. Those things we just throwaway or leave around have to go somewhere and often they negatively impact the animals we live near. Please always clean up after yourself so we can continue sharing this blue rock, the only home we have.

As usual a very cute and educational episode :) also, pool and no swimsuit? Lol
Sep 1, 2020 10:49 AM

Jun 2017
I still can't decide whether this is the best anime of this season or the best anime of last season.

Sep 1, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2016
The best episode so far.

Very entertaining but also educational and socially responsible lessons are learned.

Great that seeing Sensei actually teaching and being usefull to the girls, than being her usual mooching self,in the first part. Ohno really has great fear of water. Great that she's taking some steps for it, on behalf of the others.

The second part is also special with Hina and her adventures with a hungry Heron. It's amusingly funny with their interaction but also shows great significance on an important reminder to all anglers to be always mindful of other creatures by the sea, and be always responsible.
Sep 1, 2020 11:06 AM

Oct 2017
The first half was hilarious, it was really funny to watch Ohno senpai acting scared of water but lmao maybe cause I laughed too much at her fear of water that I didn't get to enjoy the second half due to my ornithophobia kicking in. God it had to be a bird of all things, I did feel bad for it but I really find some birds absolutely creepy and this one was one of them.
Sep 1, 2020 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
It's no wonder Sayaka was a lifeguard with those flotation devices of hers.
Sep 1, 2020 8:41 PM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed the first part bc I also cannot swim and fuck its scary.

Second part really got me all teary eyed tho. Throw away your trash, protect the animals! <3
Sep 1, 2020 9:51 PM

Mar 2019
Hina is Love....

For sure in my Top 3 Fav Characters of this season...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 2, 2020 12:04 AM
Dec 2019
well, this episode turned into a wholesome episode, with the group helping out the Heron, and piking up any litter that was laying around.

but the start of the episode was funny with them learning how to survive in water when wearing clothes, ohno-sempai still isn't a fan of water which is understandable, though with the new inflatable belt that should calm her.
Sep 2, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Ohno-senpai taking quick breaths reminded me so much of Hifumi. Man, how much I wish for Doga Kobo to finally announce a third season of "New Game!".

Fantastic episode overall. Ohno-senpai was absolutely adorable and I really liked the more serious approach the second half took. The brief scene with Hina searching for what rubbish can do to herons really got me.
Sep 2, 2020 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
This episode made me fall in love with this series so much more.

1. Oono. Omg I fucking Love her lol. Just her joy throughout the first part when she was able to float was so good.

2. I've always been a fan of the realism in this anime but the second part really hit me hard. I went from laughing and loving the Floating part to legit tearing up when it came to the Herring and what they go through with Fishing Lines. I'm actually really glad they brought that up because it goes to show that it is a big problem and people are TRASH for not picking up their TRASH!

Another great episode
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 2, 2020 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
Hina's new best friend = Heron!
Oono so scared at water how cute!
but the moment when there's a life vest she turn's-on to be fine.
5/5.

Sep 4, 2020 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
I like message of this episode. :)

Also it was refreshing to me to watch "beach episode" without or barely any fanservice.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 6, 2020 5:19 PM

Mar 2009
Felt bad for the poor Heron. Hina is very thoughtful.
Sep 21, 2020 2:13 PM

Mar 2018
First half of the episode was full of laughs, but also very informative. The do it all ougi is struggling to stay afloat, LOL.

Second half was pretty funny as well, but took a turn into a “deeper” side of the fishing community where their activities harm wildlife and animals other then the fish they are catching. This sorta stuff is nice to see, especially within a fishing anime.

They didn’t really fish much this episode, but rather focused on things that a fisherman should know and do.
Sep 25, 2020 2:41 AM

Oct 2010
While Hina’s intentions weren’t good, at least she helped that bird.
Oct 1, 2020 10:49 AM

Oct 2015
gotta love this show for spreading awareness and being chill
Oct 4, 2020 10:07 PM

Sep 2018
Grey Heron is so funny! That's so heartwarming :)
Oct 11, 2020 1:52 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Shoot. This is it. This is probably going to be my favorite episode of this anime. The first part was cute but the second part was actually kinda sweet. ;__; I wasn't expecting that. These are some good kids. ;o;; But I liked how they didn't make it melodramatic and solely preachywith the Heron the whole time. They made it a little more thoughtful but also humorous. Great work.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 29, 2020 2:36 PM
Jun 2017
Ishitateso said:
I almost shed a manly tear during the scene that led up to Hina not being able to sleep because of that injured Heron. I didn't expect this light hearted anime to make me this emotional :)
Honestly same here
Dec 23, 2020 1:06 AM

Apr 2020
Feel a little uncomfortable in the water in sports clothes.

Does using bad acting on birds make sense? The bird knows you already! 😂

It seems a bit abrupt, but it makes sense to watch it purely as an environmental anime.

Dec 27, 2020 5:47 AM

Sep 2018
Anime that, previously also, has a strong ecological footprint, confirming how much it does not want to be just funny and funny, but also a vehicle to increase the importance of man's impact on nature. This episode is fun and instructive, with a narrative also devoted to technical aspects. At certain moments the situations were really nice and very funny.
Jan 7, 2021 7:51 PM

Jan 2018
Had a little bit to drink, and now I am crying over a fake heron, lol. Good episode though. Good message.
Jan 28, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2015
Hina really is oblivious to the world...now even having a general idea how car airbags work..

Nice to see some environmental aspect of fishing

Feb 25, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2020
The first part was hilarious. One of the best pool segments ever. Poor Oona.

The second part was surprisingly touching. I'm glad they were able to help that bird. Sadly, in real life every day those birds and the other animals are suffering because of us.

SerafosDec 18, 2023 11:13 AM
Aug 1, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2019
Nice episode, although Sayaka-sensei looks weird with her eyes open while sober.
Go Oono-senpai! Overcome your fear!

People who leave their trash is trash themselves.

That is all.
Aug 12, 2021 5:37 AM

Nov 2013
I actually cried a little. This sucks when animals are suffering because of stupid humans.
Thanks God there are real human beings who save animals.
Despite all her flaws i really like Sayaka. She is a careful sensei and a good friend. She is also pretty hot.
GvendolineAug 12, 2021 6:03 AM
Apr 12, 2022 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
Even when Kotani is being useful, she's not.

The birb thing was a bit heavy-handedly sad, but it's nice that Hina managed to make a slight difference in the world. She even managed to make a friend along the way, and as well all know that's the real treasure.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 10, 2022 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
The cliffhanger was so hilarious lmao
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 15, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2019
I love this episode! The first half was of course very funny, but we also get a nice little PSA in the second half! I'm definitely going to keep that in mind whenever I go fishing for the first time :D
Dec 23, 2022 11:15 PM

Apr 2019
The Japanese really love to pick up trash and clean up after themselves which brings us to todays message, always pick up your own trash and don't throw trash in the ocean for it can affect wildlife
Jan 12, 2023 5:02 PM

May 2022
Okay, it may not be the deeply moving Iyashikei masterpiece that is Slow Loop, but this episode puts the Breakwater Club into my favorites list! First we get a safety lesson, and an economic lesson, in the use of inflatables. Then we get the example of environmental stewardship and animal welfare. This is awesome. I can think of more than a few anime that could have used more attention to safety. (Eye protection Do It Yourself!? Motorcycle safety classes, Super Cub?)
Nov 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Dec 2022
Hina can't decide whether the heron is her enemy or her friend, so I guess you could settle for rival ^^

Either way, they all went out of their way to remove the fishing line from the heron's leg once Hina did some searching around the topic, which was a really endearing act.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2020

92 by HibiChika »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

38 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

70 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 11 Discussion

snowykevin - Sep 14, 2020

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

53 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.