Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Apr 7, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2017
Sol_Ou said:
Did Shirou die and then become a homunculus or something? I don't really get the ending. Illya sacrificed herself, but then they narrate to say his body disintegrated.

He did died , but he didn't became an homonculus.

Illya used the Heaven's Feel magic on Shirô , which made his soul manipulable. Rin & Sakura then searched Touko (from Kara no Kyoukai) so she could create a puppet that would store his soul , replacing his destroyed body.

Sol_Ou said:
And does this route have memories from others. This Shirou shouldn't know about rule breaker and I don't know why anyone else would either if they gave Shirou the idea, but based off his conversation with Rider it seems like it was his plan.

No , there is absolutely no memory connection between the Routes.

As for Rule Breaker , Archer can analyze every weapon simply by looking at them , and he warned Shirô , Rin & Saber at their first encounter with Caster.

If you want more details , you can search on Reddit or the Type-Moon wiki (Or do the Visual Novel !) , every question you could have was most probably already answered somewhere.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 8, 2023 7:48 PM
Aug 2020
10/10 best anime ever!
Apr 14, 2023 12:16 AM

Nov 2022
This is probably the most warped anime I have seen. I only watched Heaven's Feel Movies, I have not seen UBW or Fate route episodes, but I did watched Fate/Zero

I dropped Eva but completed this one because I wanted to see what will happen to Sakura.

First about Sakura:

In the first movie she is very nice submissive girl.

In the next two it kind of gets crazier.

What bothers me is that she somehow simultaneously hates herself for being evil and impure, yet also hates the world for treating her cruelly.

Compare that to me and Lelouch who only blame the world and thinks we are right in all things.

She caused all the death, but that is other peoples fault for messing so much with her.

Here I am not sure if Zouken or Kirei caused it all as both had reasons and will to do so. Perhaps both of them are to blame for this. They fought each other of course, but that does not mean both of them could not be bad guys simultaneously.

Kirei wanted to see people's misfortune.

Zouken wanted immortality.

Both messed with Sakura to get what they wanted. Good that both died in the end.

Then Shiro. All sort of bad things happen to him for no particular reason.

Also he is hard to relate as he is some sort of paragon of virtue and wants to save everyone for some reason. It is explained that he wants to be a hero like his dad wished for him, but that does not make it easier to relate to him.

That makes the whole movie also hard to relate.

Another dubious thing is that Rin and Illiya are all so eager to assist Shiro in the end. That makes me question their motivation for doing so? Or are girls just like that normally or something?

For example Fate/Zero is a proper battle royale where each side had their own wishes to be granted and wanted to win. They acted from this angle. Only one could win in the end but core premise is that that it is a competition between parties.

In contrast here it works completely different. As if one character is selected as main and everyone else then act as a support for them. In Heaven's Feel it is probably Sakura. While other characters have their emotions and sometimes do dubious things, in the end they all just go and sacrifice everything for Sakura.

I wonder if in other routes Saber and Rin get similar treatment. Though I am not too inclined to check UBW since Rin and Archer of F/SN do not particularly appeal to me.

Or is it that everything is wrapped around Shiro's wishes and it is only because he is so altruistic that his own fate ends up kind of fucked up?

The ending is too sad for Shiro. He saved Sakura but kind of died and get reincarnated as doll.

Does he gets that kind of shit because he is so altruistic or because scrip-writers are mean people?

The Shiro's fate kind of spoils my overall perception of this show.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
May 4, 2023 4:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Better than I remembered it to be, I still have questions, but I don't really care, because damn this movie and the trilogy as a whole was such a cinematic experience. I enjoyed this route more than UBW with its darker, more impactful story. I'm gonna change my score from what was a 7 to either a high-8 or a low-9.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2023 10:36 AM
Apr 2023
truc de ouuuuuuuf
Jul 22, 2023 12:19 AM
Feb 2021
Absolutely beautiful. HF is probably the route I'm most 50-50 on, but this film adapted the ending and everything around it so fucking good.

My god, just everything was perfect for the entire HF trilogy, truly.

I hope Fate, when it's enevitably, adapted by UFO, it's by the same director. Fuck, this film was great.
Jul 23, 2023 1:39 PM
Feb 2021
Swagernator said:
BIG EDIT:

Fuuuuu .... man ... i dont remember last time i was this full of emotions (yeah right even a toxic cunt like swag has emotions from time to time). So i finished HF3 movie, i don't know why i was pushing it away for so long .. but JESUS.

The scene where Illya ask Rin "How does it feel to be older sister ?" The single most hardest question you can ask Rin, a question she cant possibly answer because she also does not know the answer. Rider talk to Sakura how there is nothing on the other side only darkness .. Rider knows that all to well whats on the other side, and indeed it is only darkness and despair, poor Rider.

Kirei yeeting Shirou LMAO. Shirou vs Berserker was all hype no break, that was some real shit "can you keep up with me ?" wow, tho a bit short ? And i've been saying this for years but i found the relationship between Illya and Berserker to be the best, just the connection these two have is superb.

When shirou said "it's something precious i must keep onto it to the end" when he was holding the medaillon, that was not Shirou talking .. that was Archer, a very sad boy Archer.

The fight between Rider - Saber - Shirou .. it reminded me why i like watching anime, it's like every single frame was a pure perfection. The execution of everything was on point. And then the absolute finale Rin vs Sakura, that was just ... the absolute peak when comes to directing and story telling. And i don't want to hear otherwise. When Saber was like "Shirou" THE moment she awakened, the single moment late shirou would hesitate he would not be able to do it.

PS: I literally had a little panic attack when Illya was all alone in the white ... no one beside her, not a single soul all alone .. and THEN .. she saw Iri .. i was legit no joke crying for like 4 minutes straight, just straight the tears filled my eyeballs i dont know why this scene did me this hard.

WOW

Also the little shadow stayed with them at the end lol, that was cute.

Bobby_S said:

Its nothing confusing about it if you watched or read KnK.

Did they use Third Magic to preserve Shiro’s soul there, similar to Zoukens use of it?
Jul 23, 2023 1:40 PM
Feb 2021
MasterGhost said:
I think I will need to watch the movie for a second time. The animation and direction are superb as always, but certain parts of the script are bloated with so much exposition that it's difficult to follow every single line.

This is Fate in a nutshell. I just accept it and enjoy the action and character dynamics. The lore is for the diehards and the VN readers.
Aug 6, 2023 2:03 PM

Nov 2020
That was great. Rider was actually incredibly strong shes just holding herself back alot like srsly, she died pretty lame in UBW but atleast she shine in this route. Its great how it gives spotlight to those who didn't get it in UBW. The only problem with this part is supposedly killed characters comes back but other than that an actual masterpiece. good story, great character, waifus, Rin thicc thighs, segs, and great fights. Its already 5:00am but my time was spent well
Aug 15, 2023 3:46 PM
Nov 2020
After finishing fate zero which was very interesting, I was very luke warm about UBW route anime but this trilogy is the best I've seen from this franchise so far. It combined most of the good parts about this show and played a dark twist on the plot. Unlike the unlimited blade works route where sakura gets mostly ignored, Both sakura and rin get there spotlight in this one and shiro is actually more than a generic shounen MC in this one. Saber, illya, kirei all got a better and more emotional send off than UBW route but the bar wasn't that high to begin with. I like rin way more as character but sakura needs shiro more than Rin so I'm totally satisfied with the romantic outcome at the end. Everything related to the animation, music, battle choreography was just 10/10 and the story was a solid 8. Overall It was a very good cinematic experience and a satisfying conclusion to the series.
Mdraj6996Aug 15, 2023 3:54 PM
Oct 21, 2023 7:13 PM
Feb 2016
Visually one of ufotable's best works. Some action scenes are such visual spectacles, the best I have seen in a whole entertainment industry
Nov 3, 2023 6:01 PM

Jul 2011
In the VN
which raises some post-humanism philosophical questions... Is that really shirou if it has his soul but the body is not originally his?
Dec 1, 2023 7:17 PM

Nov 2023
That line of archer was really cool
Dec 7, 2023 3:58 PM
Dec 2023
the best route where everyone ended up being happy
Mar 2, 8:33 AM
Mar 2023
my favorite anime movie love all emotion and visual were absolutely stunning a total masterpiece in voice acting, animation, bgm, songs, story and development and loved the ending
10/10
Mar 14, 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, an ending where MC will pick her as her most beloved girl, and most of all, she's not dead... but if he ever dies and leaves her like that, that would be tragic in a bad way.
And since he went somewhere the movie didn't specify, it can't truly be called a happy ending for me.

I'm glad to see Sakura saved from a tragic end but I'm sad to see Illya gone, and most of all, Shirou is gone.

As always, the priest will be the hidden boss, and fistfight as the finale. 😏

Bruh, wormy grandpa is still alive but thanks to the lava... 😏 (he was literally killed 2 times and the lava as the 3rd time)

Illya is so cute in her outfit. Damn, she went and did it. 😭

Hmm 🤔 but I thought Shirou's body was missing... oh, wait. That's probably her imagination of him still being there in the ending clips... and having some kind of nostalgia or so I thought after reading a few messages concerning how Shirou is still alive by using an artificial body with his (original?) soul intact...
I do have my doubts since the movie didn't properly explain what really happened to him afterwards. So I'm more or less satisfied with the outcome.
One of my main questions would be, can his new found body can still age as a normal body? 🤔

P.S. I guess this story can't be something where we can get a happy ending for most characters involved.
CrazyButNot4UMar 14, 9:20 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 29, 2:07 AM
Apr 2018
Was Awesome 10/10
Apr 1, 5:51 PM
Jul 2021
it's perfect
perfect
Apr 16, 4:45 PM
Apr 2023
I like the history and Animation.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.