Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2021 7:15 AM

May 2017
Wow. What an absolute mess of a convoluted plot. You cannot expect anyone without proper background knowledge of the visual novel etc, to fully understand everything that has happened in this movie. Everyone that says that they understood everything watching this movie blind is a liar.

Hell I watched an "unanswered questions" video about the movie and so many things were left unexplained or cut short. No fking wonder.

Not only was the plot convoluted but the writing also felt so cheesy to me. None of the emotional scenes really hit me all that much.

I just cannot bear Sakura's character. I said the same in my review of the 2nd movie and I'm gonna say it again. I just hate her character. Senpai this Senpai that. I don't care how much pain she has gone through. I just cannot sympathize with her in the end. Her character was written so cheesy. Sakura being the "final enemy" the good guys have to overcome never sat right with me. Doesn't surprise me in the least that in the end, they found a way to stop and save sakura and sever her ties with the grail.

Thosaka's sword was absolutely broken. Why don't whip out a sword like that earlier when you have such a broken weapon at your disposal? Bullshit weapon.

This would be a 6/10 if it wasn't for the .. I can't even find words for the fight scene between rider/shiro and saber. That fight alone easily carried it to a 7/10. Impeccable visual masterpiece. What else do you expect from ufotable at this point? Always being able to top themselves. I don't know how they do it honestly.

I definitely expected more from this even so after rewatching the first and the second movie (which I enjoyed more than this for sure)
Mar 31, 2021 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
I think it was worse than the 2nd movie, which remains as quality peak in franchise. This one was more of a fanservice mosaic, connecting cool scenes together. Lacked substantial developement of themes established in the previous one, as well as directional nuance.
Mar 31, 2021 7:38 AM

Aug 2009
Way better than what I understood in the camrip.

Kirei's story was there but in different scenes instead of one big monologue at the end.
By combining his talk before rescuing Ilya about AM being evil or not with his opinion of Kiritsugu was a nice touch.

Ilya as well had enough scenes for a bond to develop, they just werent the scenes people wanted.

CG Herc looked better. Still noticeable but not garbage.
And if you slow down the NLBW scene you can see the points where the attacks land on his body both in the far away shot and the one above them.
I dont know if a slow mo would be better or not, but I liked it.

Salter vs Rider was amazing. While they did make Saber look like she gets petrified it is repelled later with magical energy. Some people may not like it but I liked this visual representation.
Medusa's Monstrous Strength, I assume it was, was also great.
Give Medusa a cause to fight for and a good enough magical supply and this is what you get.
The end was just orgasmic.
I dont know why people made a big issue out of the effect of Saber getting stabbed by the Azoth. I was expecting some crazy shit. Not sure if disappointed or not tbh that there wasnt much.

Jewel Sword too OP plz nerf. They even animated Rin's firing CG.

The little shadow familiar is somehow moe. Plz protecc.And is still there at the end lol.

Only complain with the Kirei fight is the abrupt cut and then return at its end. And the subs fucked up Kirei's line about "time", changing it to speed. Shirou didnt win because he was faster but because Kirei's time run out faster.
Why aniplex?

While I get that people didnt understand the whole puppet thing(I still think it is pretty obvious even without learning all the Type Moon secrets) I dont get why some think Shirou died. He is very clearly alive, even if you dont get how.

I dont think I noticed before but Rin and Sakura travel across the world to find Touko, not just Japan. I assumed Japan was a better place to hide but anyway.

Great detail I loved but didnt notice in the camrip: Sakura's eyes are back to their natural color. Just beautiful.

Shirou on the other hand looks like shit in that design even in anime form. Is this an inside joke?

It didnt actually seem fast paced to me. The transition from event to event was fine and the important explanations like the origin of the war, Heaven's Feel and Angra were simple enough to understand.

What I didnt like:....well basically nitpicks.

-Kirei says that he buried Rin in her house's ground....ehm...that doesnt explain much for newcomers. They may get it if they remember what Waver did for Rider.But still "buried" is a leap in logic for them.

-No memory time gaps for Shirou. Instead we get Archer's feelings overtaking him. It isnt bad per se but instead of showing how bad the arm is it goes for the emotional approach.

-His memory loss is also badly shown so the climax with him trying to remember Ilya's name is kinda cringe.

-They removed the "detail" of Angra being tortured. It kinda takes away from the "similarities" with Sakura.

Great film. I dont know if HF would have been better as a TV series but I am more than satisfied with the trilogy.
Mar 31, 2021 7:57 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The animation was so good, holy shit ufotable! The rest was kinda meh especially the dialogues.

6/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 31, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2020
Man, THE ANIMATION IS SO FUCKING COOL, I enjoyed it, I rated it a 10 but my real score is 9.5, anyways THANK YOU UFOTABLE <3

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Mar 31, 2021 8:26 AM
Jan 2020
ssjokg said:
EverNight said:
Can anyone explain who was that girl who killed herself infront of kirei?
His wife. He was explaining it.
ssjokg said:
EverNight said:
Can anyone explain who was that girl who killed herself infront of kirei?
His wife. He was explaining it.
thanks... I will have to rewatch it more than twice to properly understand everything lol...
Mar 31, 2021 8:42 AM
Jun 2019
I have a one question, what was that mannequin in Russian bar at the end

??
Mar 31, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Yy-hell00 said:
I have a one question, what was that mannequin in Russian bar at the end

??
Shirou's new body. For more context watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies.
Mar 31, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2020
The film was an absolutely phenomenal audio-visual experience. The Saber Alter vs Rider & Shirou fight scene was something else. Literally can't find words to describe it. Anime fight of the year by far.

Since I haven't really played the VN of this route, my nitpick from the film is how some scenes felt too fast or they only brushed through it. The ending also didn't have have a lot of lasting impact for me. Plus Emiya's revival wasn't properly explained. Still a fcking great movie nonetheless. Ufotable never disappoints.

9/10

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 31, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2019
honestly what can i say ? i am speechless
this is the greatest movie trilogy i ever watched(well i don't what alot of movies)
of course it did skip alot of things from the VN but that doesn't change the fact that i enjoyed this movie alot, you can really tell that the staff care about the series.
10/10 what a masterpiece, thank you ufotable
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 31, 2021 10:33 AM
Nov 2020
Rewatching this masterpiece of a series in all its HD glory
Mar 31, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2019
Had a great time watching this after waiting for some time. The climax does really felt like a climax. Not just a climax to the movie trilogy but a climax for the whole Fate/Stay Night & Zero anime series. It was the right decision making it movies so we can enjoy the moments we all waited for without stops. The Tohsaka reunion in the end was emotional and I feel its unfair to me to single out one moment because there many other great moments in this movie. Another day in the office for ufotable with the action scenes as well. Top notch production quality. Animation and sound combined completes a 10/10 for this particular movie. For me the best route is where a character stopped suffering so this is the one. Sakura deserves the happiness and freedom.
Mar 31, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
A masterpiece at the same time somethings were left lacking. I don't remember clearly how I felt about Sakura and her darker self (which is still herself) while playing the VN, but in the movies I couldn't sympathize with her till the end, for me Rider's character got way more interesting just with her dialogues during her fight with Saber than Sakura during the whole movie trilogy. It felt that Sakura was there just for plot sake and nothing more.

There were also many things left unexplained, the whole thing with the Alter Servants, how Kirei got where he was, beyond Dark Sakura in the Great Grail cave, how Rider managed to continue existing even after the Grail's destruction. I know most of those because I played the VN, but without the fresh memories of it, it just felt a bit confusing. Also, they hinted it in the end, but don't left it clearly as the novel did that the Makiri elder, who Shirou even confuded for Shinji, was Zouken.

By the other hand, they showed a lot of things that were just mentioned during the VN. The creation of the Greater Grail, the three elders interacting with Zelretch (and how he looks in Ufotable style), how Shirou got to visuallize the Jewel Sword, Claudia's appearence (although I felt a little unnerved they didn't show Karen, it felt as if they were trying not to leave any string that leads to Hollow Ataraxia, but can be just my imagination lol).

And then we have the fight scenes, we know that Fate/SN is not a story about physical fight scenes in its core, but a lot of people just watch the anime due to its fights and despises its dialogues, and so Ufotable also made their absolute best to honor the fights in this movie, specially Saber vs Rider. That were more or less 8 minutes that felt like a second, not because it was bad or lasted less than it should, but because Ufotable NAILED IT. Rider got her deserved spotlight and what a spotlight, what a fight, I really don't care about how fast Shirou vs Berseker was since it meant we got all the budget in Saber vs Rider hands, and it was totally worth it.

In the end I felt hyped and was not disappointed despite somethings left unanswered, even in the novel there are things that we would just understand by deep-knowing others type-moon's works. I wouldn't feel good giving it a master score, then I'll go with a 9/10. If it were an entire anime I would expect more things to be explained lorewise, then giving a lower score, but since it was a movie, since they had to make everything fit in two hours, I think they almost reached the peak of what the novel meant, hence a 9/10 it is.
Mar 31, 2021 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Can someone help me understand the finale?
Did Shirou actually come back or was it just Sakura’s imagination?

Anyways, 9/10
Mar 31, 2021 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:

He came back, Illya used Heaven's Feel, a true magic that allows the materialization of the soul, then making that Shirou's soul continued existing without his body (which got destroyed). Years later Rin and Sakura managed to insert that soul in a puppet body, the one we saw inside a crate near the end of the movie. But I don't remember well, or even if they explain, how the boddy gets to look exactly like Shirou's former body :P
Mar 31, 2021 12:43 PM

Jan 2020
Personally, the stuff about the illya + three founding family part at the end was a bit hard to follow as someone who hasn't played the vn version but it was still an incredible movie and an incredible experience overall. It was a long long wait but I'm glad I was finally able to watch it and it was worth the wait.

The dark berserker fight was way shorter than I expected considering how he was shown in a lot of the pv's but that whole Shirou scene was badass af and I loved the heaven's feel take on the iconic emiya theme. My favorite part of the movie was easily the saber alter vs Rider and Shirou fight. I would say it actually surprised the berserker vs salter fight for me and the animation was breathtaking as expected from ufotable.

Fantastic conclusion to the HF route and the Sakura and Rin moments were beautiful. Idk why but the Kirei vs Shirou fight felt a bit strange to me for whatever reason but it was still great. It's quite sad that Saber isn't with everyone at the end but it's good that Sakura is finally happy.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Mitsuzuri's reaction to seeing Rider at the end was quite cute lol (understandably). Unless the sd fate gets remade, it seems like this is the final stay night entry by ufotable and it's really sad seeing this series go. I loved it and I'm very happy with this movie.

Mar 31, 2021 1:17 PM

Jan 2015
Gustop1 said:
Xenocrisi said:

He came back, Illya used Heaven's Feel, a true magic that allows the materialization of the soul, then making that Shirou's soul continued existing without his body (which got destroyed). Years later Rin and Sakura managed to insert that soul in a puppet body, the one we saw inside a crate near the end of the movie. But I don't remember well, or even if they explain, how the boddy gets to look exactly like Shirou's former body :P

Oh thank you, so that’s what that deal with the puppet was about. I wish they would explain some stuff better for low IQ people like me
Mar 31, 2021 1:23 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think there were a couple points which they maybe could've explained a bit clearer for anime-only viewers but nevertheless it was a phenomenal experience once again. Feels like they set a new bar for animation standards every time, like jfc that Saber vs Rider fight was unbelievable to watch

Overall I don't think I could've asked for too much more from the HF movies though. Definitely the best part of Fate as far as all its various anime goes at least
Mar 31, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2018
Finally the long wait is over and I have been checking back and forth to see when this movie is released.

Top quality and expect nothing less from Ufotable.

The fight between Rider and Saber was better than Rin vs Sakura / Emiya vs Kirei

I must admit when Sakura took off her eye cover, she and Sakura looks cute. No joke haha

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 31, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2018
After finally seeing the last part of the trilogy, I feel a little disappointed. The resolution felt a bit anticlimactic. Tough this route is by far the darkest and recaptures the atmosphere of Fate/Zero, I feel that a happy ending doesn’t really fit. I was hoping for a bit more than that.

As a big fan of Fate/Zero, I’m happy I finally got to see Kirei do something in this route, though I still felt, that he had way too little screen time. He is by far the most interesting character in this final part for me. Zouken basically dying 3 times was a bit ridiculous, but I’m glad to finally see a resolution for him after wondering what happened to him and his plans after Zero.

Even though the story was a little disappointing, the production was stellar as usual. The highlight is definitely the amazing fight scene between Rider and Saber Alter. Ufotable has mastered the mix of 2D and CG animation.

In the end I’m still waiting for a perfect sequel to Fate/Zero, which will never come. It’s a good trilogy with amazing production value, that doesn’t quite reach the heights of it’s prequel.
Mar 31, 2021 2:17 PM
Apr 2013
Hayle93 said:
After finally seeing the last part of the trilogy, I feel a little disappointed. The resolution felt a bit anticlimactic. Tough this route is by far the darkest and recaptures the atmosphere of Fate/Zero, I feel that a happy ending doesn’t really fit. I was hoping for a bit more than that.

As a big fan of Fate/Zero, I’m happy I finally got to see Kirei do something in this route, though I still felt, that he had way too little screen time. He is by far the most interesting character in this final part for me.

A lot of Kirei and Illya got cut due to time restraint.

You can go read the Normal Ending and pretend that's the true ending.

Mar 31, 2021 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing movie!

I hope we get to see more Type Moon works adapted by ufotable.
Mar 31, 2021 2:19 PM
Apr 2019
Was it Touko san (From Kara no Kyoukai) who passed by Rin and Sakura at the end?
Also can anyone explain me how Emiya returned?
Mar 31, 2021 2:22 PM
Dec 2019
Finally Kirei's arc gets concluded, music, animation, characters, and story all fantastic, 10/10
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Mar 31, 2021 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
Abir_Sensei said:
Was it Touko san (From Kara no Kyoukai) who passed by Rin and Sakura at the end?
Also can anyone explain me how Emiya returned?
Yes it was Touko. If you know her and what she can do then you know what happened.

Ilya explained in the middle of the movie that the aim of the ritual was the magic Heaven's Feel, the materialization of the soul. At the end with Shirou's body dying, Ilya used an imperfect version of that magic to materialize the soul.Rider found it and Rin with Sakura searched around the world for Touko to get a puppet body.

If Ilya's magic was perfect recreation of Heaven's Feel then Shirou wouldn't have a need for a new body.
Mar 31, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the movie all but......
Is kinda unsettling that Saber as enemy, is just thousand times more incredible than the all anime good Sabers.
I like how they just say one thing about Gilgamesh, and is he is too badass to be corrupted.
The sprite, was like "Make yourself decent,Sakura".
Kirei was cool, even at the end.
But i'm kinda sour that Ilya died, again.

Now my final questions, did Shirou became immortal in a way?
Mar 31, 2021 3:20 PM

Mar 2021
Wow that was an amazing experience. I'm so happy I finally got to see the movie after waiting for so long lmao.

I loved basically everything about this movie. I was literally glued to my screen for 2 hours. The fight scenes were hype af and the animation was god tier as expected.

My only complaint is that as an anime only the plot was a bit convoluted at some points for me (maybe I'm just stupid) but I'm pretty sure I understood most of the important things. Anyways its a 10/10 for me.
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Mar 31, 2021 3:24 PM

Jan 2017
The entire trilogy of movies def felt rushed at some parts but also felt like it was dragging at some other parts, idk how I really feel but I know I liked it a lot. Worth waiting to see it all those years.

edit: Thinking back, Shirou vs Kirei was kind of a let down now that I think about it. Wish we could have seen it all since its Kirei's send off. Oh well.
nhojnMar 31, 2021 3:48 PM
Mar 31, 2021 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
Really? END? Damn, I admit this is one masterpiece movies, Epic fight, every scene that don't waste time, on the other we got epic OST, well everything feels Amazing, not disappointed im waiting for a few weeks. Absolutely i love Fate series
Mar 31, 2021 5:22 PM

Nov 2020
The movie was incredible. The movie fights might be one of the best fights in all of anime imo. This did not disappoint. I was kinda confused but I still really enjoyed it. A 10/10 in my book. Ufortable never disappoints
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Mar 31, 2021 6:16 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Holy shit, this movie was so good. Yes, there were things that were left out in the adaptation, but there's only you can do so much with limited runtime. The wait was definitely worth it.
Mar 31, 2021 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
me seeing touko at the end of the movie
Mar 31, 2021 6:47 PM

Apr 2019
Very good ending to the trilogy. Kirei was great in this movie, loved everything from him and a lot more. Definitely worth the wait!

Mar 31, 2021 6:51 PM
Nov 2014
good movie love the ed song, damn i want dark sakura to step on me so bad.
Mar 31, 2021 7:10 PM

Nov 2015
That was the best thing i have ever watched. The passion that has been put into this franchise, was perfectly summed up in this movie. I have not read the VN yet so idk how different this was to it. But now i will along with hollow atrax. IDK how to express my emotions for this movie/franchise other than i love it.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 31, 2021 7:10 PM
Sep 2011
Loved it. Until the end, there was still full of action. Just a second on how did they revive/resurrect/return shiro in the end? Did they infuse shiro spirit with a doll? Im curious.
Mar 31, 2021 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Verdante said:
Loved it. Until the end, there was still full of action. Just a second on how did they revive/resurrect/return shiro in the end? Did they infuse shiro spirit with a doll? Im curious.

Mar 31, 2021 8:24 PM
Sep 2011
Reijtaun said:
Verdante said:

Thank you Very much for explaining this things to me. Oh, That's explain. Illya mentioning a miracle. As I only watched the fate series. I will take that suggestion and watch it.:)) Men, It is really painful to see my fav shiro to die. :(( Glad he's back.
Mar 31, 2021 9:35 PM
Aug 2020
A fantastic bittersweet conclusion to the trilogy complete with the dazzling, visually striking animation that ufotable is known for. I guess this is it for FSN. Is there anything else to adapt or is ufotable done?
Mar 31, 2021 10:06 PM
Dec 2020
so, I watch the CAMRIP first, and rate it 7/10
then I watch the Blu-Ray version, damn its way better that I need to give it 10/10 even with its many flaws and weird writing. and I think second movie is way better directed. anyway, good shit nevertheless.

and about the ending, so Shirou's body is doll like Shiki's from KnK does right? does that mean it have a normal human bodily functions like Shiki does or not? because as I know, Shiki does have child in the ending of KnK. anyone know?
Mar 31, 2021 11:20 PM

Oct 2015
Fantastic visuals and animation as expected. Pacing was a bit weird/fast at times, and I was somewhat disappointed with certain cut content, but that's a given being a 2 hour movie. It was still a great watch and it was nice to see the end of Heaven's Feel animated finally. Rider and Shirou vs Saber Alter particularly stood out; the highlight of this adaptation in my opinion.

Mar 31, 2021 11:53 PM

May 2015
MoonDragon72 said:
A fantastic bittersweet conclusion to the trilogy complete with the dazzling, visually striking animation that ufotable is known for. I guess this is it for FSN. Is there anything else to adapt or is ufotable done?
Fate Route Remake. Unlikely because while the voice actors mentioned they'd like one, it's not all that high in demand for Japan viewers.

Fate Hollow Ataraxia would be most likely(psuedo sequel to FSN). Issue is that its story structure is really unique with a lot of SoL elements mixed in, so it'd be even harder to adapt than FSN. Some fans don't have confidence in Ufotable to adapt it properly

Apr 1, 2021 12:08 AM

Feb 2014
Holy fuck that was good. An easy 10/10.
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Apr 1, 2021 3:53 AM

Aug 2009
Raiser00QanT said:

and about the ending, so Shirou's body is doll like Shiki's from KnK does right? does that mean it have a normal human bodily functions like Shiki does or not? because as I know, Shiki does have child in the ending of KnK. anyone know?

Not quite. Shiki only has a puppet hand. Touko is the one that has a complete puppet body.
Apr 1, 2021 4:12 AM
Mar 2020
No idea, how people are disappointed. I came in with nothing and was blown away by what I just saw. The first two films were alright, but this was almost the perfect ending.
Apr 1, 2021 4:34 AM
Oct 2018
Saber vs rider is the best fate fight ever great movie a nice conclusion to heaven feel
Apr 1, 2021 5:20 AM

Jan 2019
(Obligatory "I'm a VN reader" statement)

TLDR; MAS-TER-PIE-CE as a finale and as a trilogy.

I don't really have much to say, I had to wait to the next day before writing this because my brain got stuck at the moment I saw the Wind of Steel scene. The movie left me literally speechless, even with the monologues cut, everything remained the same overall, I don't know how they did it, but all I can say is; Congratulations Ufotable and Thank you, I trusted them completely from the very beginning, and they surpassed my expectations. The same for Yuki Kajiura and Aimer, they absolutely nailed it.

These movies of remind me of the Kara no Kyoukai movies, because even with less information in the form of text and dialogue, there's clues and hints everywhere and the all dialogues carry important information that can be missed easily, so the more you see the films, the more things you understand and get. (My favourite one was when Shirou said "Of course you won't back out" with a smile, showing that he completely understood and accepted Kirei, I almost dropped a tear). Overall the movie took the "show don't tell" approach to the next level, and every single line and dialogue was very meaningful.

As for the fights, I have to say that I felt like they were 20 seconds long each one, possibly because they were so good that I wanted them to go on forever, but they actually had the perfect duration, so they don't feel neither too long nor too short, Ufotable are experts at this (But obviously they will feel shorter compared to the VN). I believe that each fight was nailed, also storyboarded and animated perfectly.
-Kirei vs True Assassin+Zouken Exorcism: Badass as hell, Kirei's backstory.
-Shirou vs Dark Berserker: Peak Fiction, Emiya remix.
-Rider and Shirou vs Saber Alter: Best animated fight of all time, that "¿Shirou?" killed me.
-Rin vs Dark Sakura: Badass Rin and very emotional.
-Shirou vs Kirei: Peak Fiction again, real man vs real man. (This one might be my favorite fight ever)

Now I literally feel like my soul has been freed, I've been waiting so long for this and I was so anxious and nervous. I need to see it a couple more times to get every last detail. Of course, they are not perfect, but these are now my favorite movies and trilogy of all time. Once again, thank you Type Moon, Ufotable, Kajiura, Aimer and everyone who worked on this masterpiece. Now please Ufotable adapt Tsukihime!!!

@MAPPAEN
Karnox001May 9, 2021 3:10 PM
Apr 1, 2021 5:32 AM

Jun 2020
this movie was great. fluid action sequences, not overly melodramatic, and amazing animation.
ufotable has done it again, without all the convolutedness
Apr 1, 2021 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
What can I say? This final movie of the trilogy was phenomenal. 9/10
I haven't played the VN yet, which I've been putting off for a long time so it is about time I start it soon... hopefully.

It was great seeing Kotomine Kirei being one of the main characters in the movie. He really wrecked both Zouken and True Assassin. Speaking off True Assassin, he was brutally finished off by Sakura.

Shirou's fight against Berserker and Nine Lives was underwhelming for me since that part was hyped a lot on social media. Though after listening to the EMIYA theme for a long time, I felt hyped when they actually used it. Also, I got to see Archer one more time.

I loved it when Berserker told Shirou to protect Illya. I think that was the second time since the Saber route by Studio Deen that we hear him speak. Too bad Illya is gone now. Though when she disappeared and appeared to have met her mother, Irisviel, I felt a bit emotional. ;-;

Of course, the best part of the movie was the fight between Rider(Medusa) and Saber Alter. I wonder how much they spend on that alone. Ufotable really outdid themselves once again, the best fight scene I've ever witness though I haven't watched Demon Slayer: Mugen Train so there might be a challenge from there. Well, they are both made by Ufotable tho. :P

The backstory of the Holy Grail War was too short. I wished there were more to it though I understand that they couldn't a lot in a two-hour movie.

Rin was great in her fight with Sakura. I wonder what she was doing by saying all that, but in the end, she couldn't kill her own sister.

Shirou's and Kirei's man-to-man was okay I guess.

The ending of the movie was quite interesting. I never thought that Shirou would end up as a doll. After reading posts in this thread, I think I was able to put the pieces together. I will end up reading the VN to get a better understanding... hopefully. Also, Rin looks good with long hair, not her iconic twin-tails, but still great!

One last thing to say, Bring Illya back!!!!! XD
LeoApr 1, 2021 5:47 AM

Apr 1, 2021 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
As a film for people who do not know the original, very good.
But the content is missing as an adaptation, so hurried and strange, I still found it a good experience, but several impact scenes, such as Shirou vs Berserker and Shirou vs Kirei were much inferior to the VN itself, Rider and Shirou vs Salter was the worst fight within that VN arc (although very good in general), but they made it the best in the film, even though it had the least emotional impact.
Kirei's fight in general was the most disappointing, being that it was my favorite among all routes, no "I like Kotomine Kirei" or "KOTOMINE ... KIREEEEEI !!!", not to mention that they cut Zelretch's epilogue .
Anyway, Illya's sacrifice scene was great, and although I criticized it so much, I still gave the film a 9, it is much lower than the VN in quality, but it is a good experience for anyone who will watch it blindly.
HachannnApr 1, 2021 5:45 AM
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.