Forum Settings
Forums

The Devil is a Part-timer! light novels finally end… but author receives death threats

The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2021 3:32 PM
Sep 2020
Reinheit_Hezen said:
FireFistYK said:

I seriously hope that people boycott his next series because this is simply unacceptable and doesn't make any sense

You want people to boycott his next series just because you disliked the ending? Seriously?

and he only dislikes this ending because his garbage waifu didnt win, these people are truly pathethic
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Mar 8, 2021 2:17 AM

Jan 2015
VsauceDealer said:

and he only dislikes this ending because his garbage waifu didnt win, these people are truly pathethic

You clearly haven't read the novel and it shows
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Mar 8, 2021 2:39 AM
Sep 2020
StellarIceberg said:
VsauceDealer said:

You clearly haven't read the novel and it shows

sure buddy, tell me its not about their shitty waifu losing
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Mar 10, 2021 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder how many how many people actually read the so-called death 'threats' lol. Most of those had nothing to do with death or killing the author, let alone any actual threats (except maybe the first one). It was mostly just people trashing the ending without any threats being made. Also, except for like two tweets most were either English, Chinese, or clearly typed into Japanese via google translate.

Anyways shit ending centering around a shit character irrelevant to the story and awkwardly forced into the plot, especially the last three volumes.
I'm guessing the author either really likes big boobs or was just anxious to finish this and focus on his new works that had already started before this ending was published
Mar 12, 2021 1:56 AM

Nov 2017
VsauceDealer said:
Reinheit_Hezen said:

You want people to boycott his next series just because you disliked the ending? Seriously?

But disliking stuff is all you ever do in life lmao

plz @ me
May 9, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2019
FireFistYK said:
While it's obviously wrong to send death threats, I just can't fathom what the author was thinking with that ending?

I somehow think this is worse than Domestic Kanojo because Domestic was always a trash series while this was fantastic for 20 volumes

I seriously hope that people boycott his next series because this is simply unacceptable and doesn't make any sense

So you can excuse boycotting but you draw the line at death threats?
May 9, 2021 7:43 AM

Jan 2016
Rojaseb said:
FireFistYK said:
While it's obviously wrong to send death threats, I just can't fathom what the author was thinking with that ending?

I somehow think this is worse than Domestic Kanojo because Domestic was always a trash series while this was fantastic for 20 volumes

So you can excuse boycotting but you draw the line at death threats?

Well yea? Death Threats is a serious thing and nobody should experience those, but nothings wrong with boycotting a product if for reasonable reasons
Jun 27, 2021 11:23 PM

Nov 2019
removed-user said:

Wow that's a weird turn of events, can't say I'm not dissapointed tbh.

Still, sending death threats because of unsatisfying ending is more pathetic and obnoxious

Now I'm getting anxious on how Mahouka would end. I had a really bad dream about it and this news seem like a bad omen now
Just Read it the spoiler only, if it is truth or not i don't care but Thanks for the link
Jun 28, 2021 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
Who did Sadao end up with anyway? What was so bad about the ending, use a spoiler tag, I dont mind being spoiled
removed-userJun 28, 2021 12:14 AM
Aug 20, 2021 6:26 AM
Aug 2021
that gives me creeps 😅😅😅
Nov 10, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2018
The fuck was this dude thinking anyway. He literally ruined the entire point of show which was the relationship between Maou and Emi (Yes, romantically). Thinking about it pisses the fuck outta me. Though Death treath's a bit too much but he definitely deservers the backslash.
Apr 18, 2022 1:48 PM

Oct 2021
Roloko said:
Chiho wins? Fuck yes a big win for me I love her she was the best character in the show easily and Maou x Chiho was my OTP from the start. I never read much past the anime only to where the baby showed up in volume 4.

SO FREAKING HAPPY I'M GLAD I SPOILED MYSELF LOL

How do people like a spoiled high schooler and think she's cute or whatever? Not to mention that she's a side character.
yes.
Jun 17, 2022 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
OOof so much mad fans...well anyway GET READY FOR SEASON 2 WITH CHIHO!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 18, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 2015
AngelofFrost said:
Ugh, I rarely comment on these forums but this post got me all worried, checked the subreddit to know what's going on and I can't believe the author ended this series like that. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is completely & utterly ruined.

The last time I read this novel was several years ago (read until volume 14 or 15 iirc) and had been waiting for this series to reach its finale so that I can binge read it to my heart’s content. But now I don't even want to touch this novel after knowing this garbage conclusion to a light novel series that had the potential to be a masterpiece.

I am one of those guys who’s a fan of the ‘destined to be together from the moment they were born’ concept in stories that involve romance. Because such stories usually have huge character development involving the characters in question. Among such stories that I’ve seen and read so far, I’d classify Maou x Emi as one of the absolute best couples. Anime only viewers who know like only 2 volumes of the story probably won’t understand the depth of this sentiment, but if you’ve read at least until volume 12 of the light novel you’ll know what I’m talking about.

After focusing on all these relationship developments between Maou & Emi and putting the idea ‘they are destined to be together’ in the minds of the readers, you can’t expect the fans to not be angry with this shitty ending. It didn’t bother me much when the girls I rooted for didn’t end up winning in manga like Bokuben or Gotoubun coz those were a harem and I knew that all the girls at least had some chance. But this is completely different. It’s like pairing Shirogane with Chika after all that happened with Kaguya or Kyouko with Shoutarou after 20 years of relationship development with Ren (Skip Beat analogy). Well if that happened, Skip Beat fans would probably nuke Japan a third time, jk.

All that said, sending death threats and hateful comments against the author is just plain wrong and a braindead way of trying to make a point. If anything, I hope some of the sane fans would let the author know how painful of an ending this is to a series they’ve followed for close to a decade, through some much more mature comments…

Sorry for the long rant. Welp, it’s been a long time since I made a comment this long. Just earlier when I found this reddit post, it hit me so hard that I was in disbelief so I had to write something about how I feel about this whole situation. Here’s hoping for all the other series that everyone’s following to not get this kinda treatment from the authors.

I know this Is 2 y old and i apologize, but as someone Who Just caught up with kaguya and Devil manga in the last weeks this comments hits me so hard It s Crazy. You could not put It in better terms.
Jul 18, 2022 10:08 AM
Dec 2015
AsuxAX said:
Roloko said:
Chiho wins? Fuck yes a big win for me I love her she was the best character in the show easily and Maou x Chiho was my OTP from the start. I never read much past the anime only to where the baby showed up in volume 4.

SO FREAKING HAPPY I'M GLAD I SPOILED MYSELF LOL

How do people like a spoiled high schooler and think she's cute or whatever? Not to mention that she's a side character.

I ll answer that. Boobs. Don t really want to insult anyone but It goes to show how shallow humans can be.
Jul 18, 2022 10:11 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly Just got to ch102 and was really considering searching for the ln. Guess i ll Just switch to another work hoping the manga does it better.
Jul 18, 2022 3:18 PM

Oct 2021
Mcag said:
AsuxAX said:

I ll answer that. Boobs. Don t really want to insult anyone but It goes to show how shallow humans can be.
Mcag said:
AsuxAX said:

Nailed it.
Don't know why people actually like huge tits.
They seem pretty unattractive and fat to me tbh.
Balanced average medium size boobs are my preference.
yes.
Jul 20, 2022 11:58 PM

May 2016
Mcag said:
AngelofFrost said:
Ugh, I rarely comment on these forums but this post got me all worried, checked the subreddit to know what's going on and I can't believe the author ended this series like that. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is completely & utterly ruined.

The last time I read this novel was several years ago (read until volume 14 or 15 iirc) and had been waiting for this series to reach its finale so that I can binge read it to my heart’s content. But now I don't even want to touch this novel after knowing this garbage conclusion to a light novel series that had the potential to be a masterpiece.

I am one of those guys who’s a fan of the ‘destined to be together from the moment they were born’ concept in stories that involve romance. Because such stories usually have huge character development involving the characters in question. Among such stories that I’ve seen and read so far, I’d classify Maou x Emi as one of the absolute best couples. Anime only viewers who know like only 2 volumes of the story probably won’t understand the depth of this sentiment, but if you’ve read at least until volume 12 of the light novel you’ll know what I’m talking about.

After focusing on all these relationship developments between Maou & Emi and putting the idea ‘they are destined to be together’ in the minds of the readers, you can’t expect the fans to not be angry with this shitty ending. It didn’t bother me much when the girls I rooted for didn’t end up winning in manga like Bokuben or Gotoubun coz those were a harem and I knew that all the girls at least had some chance. But this is completely different. It’s like pairing Shirogane with Chika after all that happened with Kaguya or Kyouko with Shoutarou after 20 years of relationship development with Ren (Skip Beat analogy). Well if that happened, Skip Beat fans would probably nuke Japan a third time, jk.

All that said, sending death threats and hateful comments against the author is just plain wrong and a braindead way of trying to make a point. If anything, I hope some of the sane fans would let the author know how painful of an ending this is to a series they’ve followed for close to a decade, through some much more mature comments…

Sorry for the long rant. Welp, it’s been a long time since I made a comment this long. Just earlier when I found this reddit post, it hit me so hard that I was in disbelief so I had to write something about how I feel about this whole situation. Here’s hoping for all the other series that everyone’s following to not get this kinda treatment from the authors.

I know this Is 2 y old and i apologize, but as someone Who Just caught up with kaguya and Devil manga in the last weeks this comments hits me so hard It s Crazy. You could not put It in better terms.

No worries. Good to know that someone actually read the entire comment. At that time, I was seriously pissed off after learning about the LN ending and ended up writing an essay while trying to express what was going through my mind lol.

Aug 1, 2022 8:31 PM
Jan 2022
I was to going to watch this anime but hear this fucking shit he chose a side character and author made false impressions that he loves emi that fucking disgusting now I'm not going watch S1 or S2 count me out and to author for making false impressions on a character to that he should have chose I'll say this simply if it's a harem show then do a harem ending if it's not a harem show then don't do a harem ending just do a simple ending were he choses one girl
Aug 3, 2022 4:21 AM

Dec 2020
death threats are way too fucking much and i dont excuse it in anyway whatsoever but wtf was this dude even thinking when publishing that. the comment that said that its like having shirogane end up with chika at the end is perfect.

im fine with "unexpected endings" but only when it makes sense?? when shit has actually happened with that end couple. and it should be more meaningful and impactful than the one who we anticipated. otherwise its just? wtf? why even do it lmao. literally no other reason than just wanting to end it with a "haha! plot twist!! bet you didnt expect this. all your assumptions were wrong!!!!"

not a ln reader and im glad for that rn lol, i cant even imagine the anger and disappointment they mustve felt.
Aug 5, 2022 7:27 PM

Mar 2018
the ending is like a spit in the face. the author probably jacked off one time and he thinks big boobs kouhai will be a better choice thus making this bullshit ending

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Oct 4, 2022 4:27 AM
Dec 2015
AngelofFrost said:
Mcag said:

No worries. Good to know that someone actually read the entire comment. At that time, I was seriously pissed off after learning about the LN ending and ended up writing an essay while trying to express what was going through my mind lol.
yea well you couldn t have put it in a better way, i m glad i was spoiled before reading the ln tbh, i ll just keep waiting for the manga and hope in a different ending
Oct 14, 2022 11:36 PM
Jun 2020
AngelofFrost said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. I hate it when authors ruin characters development and create a bizzare completely out of character decision/ending. The ending not only ruins Emi and Maou's characters but also makes Chiho feel way more cringe and irritating because in the beginning I kind of liked her and having a crush in high school age is fine and all but she became a bit too attached making everything revolve around her feelings for Maou and it started feeling toxic to me tbh when she tried to get in between Emi and Maou. Also Maou and Emi make much more sense together especially with how much more they both influence each other both plotwise and in character development especially after becoming parents to Alas Ramus while Chiho is just Maou's junior at work and a close friend at most. Heck even Suzune has a better chemistry with Maou than Chiho.

I had to drop a lot of light novels because of authors ruining the character development of the MC's and it seems this one will have to be added to the list.
Mar 13, 2023 3:57 AM
Mar 2023
At least we can all agree that we somewhat enjoyed part of its story

Though it is actually disappointing that emixmaou didn't become a thing, but if that's how the LN ends then so be it.
It's the author's choice to either continue what he likes to do or not.

The author should also be responsible for all the feedback he gets, both positive and negative, so, yeah...
Mar 20, 2023 10:49 PM

Feb 2009
I realy don't care who maou ended with, but Emilia is my favorite char in this series. I haven't read light novel yet but I got spoilers for the ending.
The main question is how novel has ended for Emilia. I am reading manga, I watched first season of the series when it was airing and for me she is the best char in series :)
If it is ending good for her even maou has ended with chi-chan I don't mind the ending is a win for me :) But if Emilia got a sad ending.... I refuse to read :D
Jul 24, 2023 6:09 AM

Jun 2011
I remember when the author asked the fans to buy the bluray to get a second season (which I did) and then a few years later he releases such shit... I came close to burn the bluray but decided to resell it for peanuts. I had a lot of hope for this LN, but like many others it ends in disappointment. I don't remember when was the last LN that had a good ending (maybe Regios ?), most of them having polygamy ending...
Now I just don't understand why the S2 is getting released. Are there so many chiho fans to support the bluray sales ? I don't think so..

Funny enough, the ratings on amazon of LN21 is still good...
Seiya0890Jul 24, 2023 11:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 1:42 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to Zaphkiel_El_Rem
Bunch of salty fans huh, I didn't expect that to see from this series. They must have a lot of built up frustration ever since volume 18, it was mostly about Chiho's moments. There's one each moment for Suzuno and Emi in 19 & 20 respectively but that's about it, it had already geared up on setting Chiho to be the main heroine since 18th or maybe even in the 17th. Not that I'm a fan of her either but it is what it is, sadly.

Well it sounds like there's an implied harem ending at least so I'm not gonna complain. Not that I heavily cared about the romance to begin with.

@ysphyr

Don't worry, there's an upcoming sequel to Mahouka and a spin-off too. So it's far from over.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-24/the-irregular-at-magic-high-school-novel-series-gets-2-sequels/.162190
@Zaphkiel_El_Rem you says anime van change this right novel is ended but thet don't means anime have same ending I hope they changes this in anime
Mar 18, 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to HollowIchigo58
HELL YES, Maou chose Best Girl Chiho in The Devil's a Part-Timer AKA Hataraku Maou-sama!, because the Novels ended, im super happy.

Also Team Chiho FTW and Hoes mad.

Oh yeah, the no life ass clowns sending death threats for a stupid shit AGAIN, can get big middle finger from me, because its author's, not your stupid fanfiction.

Also I don't give a rats ass about the chemistry with Emi, Maou and Chiho get along FAR MORE better and I love how it pulled a Naruto and Hinata too.
@HollowIchigo58 Because breasts.

Biggest bullshit was with NH and SS.

This... I will do my best to avoid.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What happened to emi?

Weebhpk - Aug 3, 2023

1 by Andasen »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:54 AM

» Where do I start reading LN?

Masshiroi - Sep 29, 2023

2 by Masshiroi »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:39 AM

» Sequel announced

MegamiRem - Aug 18, 2023

0 by MegamiRem »»
Aug 18, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Chapter 1 Discussion

pp813 - Apr 22, 2013

2 by UsagiNoLotie »»
Jul 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Poll: » Poll: Hataraku Maou-sama! Volume 21 Discussion

TitanInsane - Jan 15, 2023

0 by TitanInsane »»
Jan 15, 2023 10:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.