Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2020 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
CrossBlack said:
The power of friendship hit hard this episode. Yuuna literally came out of nowhere and I don't know, am I missing something? Why is she even there? And who tf is Eiji? Where did he come from too?

Eiji is shown when Liz gives the talk to the ALO players and in various battle scenes.

Kyragos said:
ArmedAndReady said:
Because the crowd realized the truth. That is definitely a credit to Eiji for tearing PoH's cloak off.
If Eiji hadn't uncovered PoH's true identity, even if PoH had died, the war based on fake news would not have ended.
Now, simply killing PoH would end the chaos.

Players may seem so, but they are not utterly stupid. When they'll see nothing else on the net about a new Korean/Chinese/American game or even a company being hacked by Japanese players, they'lll know they have been fooled, except the ones believing in big conspiracies (who won't be persuaded by a tattoo anyway, seen by a few dozens at most while they are thousands). That plus the people who listened to Siune, and for sure Japanese players on the net later. And we don't know yet what will transpire after that.

Several things have been changed in the novels to give credit to the characters of the film, it does not bother me at all especially after reading their novels and seeing them in the Fatal Bullet DLC
NayoutAug 8, 2020 1:23 PM
Aug 8, 2020 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
Nayout said:
Kyragos said:

Players may seem so, but they are not utterly stupid. When they'll see nothing else on the net about a new Korean/Chinese/American game or even a company being hacked by Japanese players, they'lll know they have been fooled, except the ones believing in big conspiracies (who won't be persuaded by a tattoo anyway, seen by a few dozens at most while they are thousands). That plus the people who listened to Siune, and for sure Japanese players on the net later. And we don't know yet what will transpire after that.

Several things have been changed in the novels to give credit to the characters of the film, it does not bother me at all especially after reading their novels and seeing them in the Fatal Bullet DLC

I don't deny this, I just didn't really feel their intervention impactful.
KyragosAug 9, 2020 6:29 AM
Aug 8, 2020 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Seems like I'm one of the few who didn't like this episode as much.

Alicization up to this point was dope. Fast forward a few episodes into this part, i'm just not feeling it.

Ever since Asuna and the old crew came back, i feel like this amazing SAO season has become a cringe-fest of sorts.

Please, stop crying all the time.
Please, stop saying Kirito fifty times per episode.
Please, show some Alice already.

So far, i'm disappointed for the first few episodes. I don't really hate them, but surely it's not my cup of tea.

Hopefully this will improve, but I highly doubt it.
CrylixAug 8, 2020 1:47 PM
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Aug 8, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Someone on the studio team was apparently fed up with everyone making fun of Lefa. That fight was BRUTAL. Way more brutal than I would have thought.
She has by far the most badass scenes in SAO now and I definitely did not expect that.

They kinda did Sinon dirty here. Poor girl is just laying there.

PS: seems like the movie is canon for real.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 8, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2018
Why is every single dialogue between characters so cringe and nonsensical? Is it that difficult to write something that a normal human being would say in a given circumstance? Honestly it is making it difficult to watch

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴀʟ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜꜱ.
Aug 8, 2020 2:18 PM

Sep 2017
xkazutox said:
I was not expecting Eiji and Yuna from Ordinal Scale to appear here. I thought the movie was a canon and not related to the main series.

I tear up a bit seeing them both here. Go away onion ninja qwq

Yeah man, damn...
When Yuna entered the battlefield and started singing "Longing", somehow the feels of nostalgia just rushed in. It felt like watching Ordinal Scale all over again for a while. It's too bad that it didn't really make much of an impact in the end though. I was expecting something like Eiji and Yuna managed to damage PoH at the very least or the part where Yuna cleansed out the evil energy from the armies would have an effect later on; only knowing that they would all get hypnotized again in the end.
Aug 8, 2020 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
Crylix said:

Alicization up to this point was dope. Fast forward a few episodes into this part, i'm just not feeling it.

Ever since Asuna and the old crew came back, i feel like this amazing SAO season has become a cringe-fest of sorts.

So far, i'm disappointed for the first few episodes. I don't really hate them, but surely it's not my cup of tea.

To be honest, I completely agree with this.

The whole Alicization arc had been quite different from what we have seen of SAO previously. Compared to season 1 and 2, the story development had improved drastically -- a whole new world was introduced with many new characters and a very decent storytelling (even some became quite iconic within the whole SAO storyline).

Ever since everyone from ALO came into the Underworld (well, this current ongoing season in general). All of the story and character development throughout Alicization felt like a complete waste as the show turned back into the typical SAO; everyone together fighting, kirito this kirito that, then kirito jumps in to save the day in the end.

Not forget to mention that Asuna, Sinon, and Leafa supposedly to have god accounts in the Underworld, but they didn't look very godly to me, especially Asuna. Hell, the only thing I remember Asuna pulling a move is when she tore apart the earth into two and that's it. Sinon has been doing pretty okay I guess and at the very least Leafa is the only one that has been showing multiple cool abilities such as the infinite regeneration ability and other attack skills. Still, I don't think they should be struggling with "god" accounts...
Aug 8, 2020 2:52 PM
Dec 2019
Yet again another hella good fight scene, even if the Eiji and Yuna appearance seemed a bit random and just like filler. Kirito saves Sinon and looks like he is FINALLY gonna wake up.

Kinda anticlimactic that Mr, Yanai or whatever his name is just fell after a wench hit the floor. Felt like there could have been a cooler way to end that part; it just made it all seem like filler.

But omg that gore with the spear when it his Leafa?! I don't remember SAO having that kind of gore. Has there been and I just don't remember?! Either way it surprised me.

Anyway. Looks like Kirito is gonna be back and ready to fight next episode. We even might see some Eugeo, in Kirito's inner thoughts or something. That would be nice.
Aug 8, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
It was all over the palce, damn. We haven't seen such incoherent direction in, well, only a few episodes, but I was still impressed with how much the staff are willing to sacrifice only to make the next episode happen on time. Then again, most folks who haven't read the ln will enjoy it, so... gotta keep the audience entertained in spite of the source material, I guess.

2/5. Terrible, but will appeal to most folks, so kudos for entrepreneurship.

Aug 8, 2020 3:06 PM

Sep 2017
Comander-07 said:

PS: seems like the movie is canon for real.

If you look back at the first Alicization arc season on episode 5, when the gang tried to find Kirito, they were all wearing Augma.

In addition, if you look back at the OP (ADAMAS), there were some clips of references to the Ordinal Scale movie such as Yuna showing up.

Those most likely implying that the Ordinal Scale movie was supposed to be canon.
Aug 8, 2020 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
WarDest3ny said:
Not forget to mention that Asuna, Sinon, and Leafa supposedly to have god accounts in the Underworld, but they didn't look very godly to me, especially Asuna. Hell, the only thing I remember Asuna pulling a move is when she tore apart the earth into two and that's it. Sinon has been doing pretty okay I guess and at the very least Leafa is the only one that has been showing multiple cool abilities such as the infinite regeneration ability and other attack skills. Still, I don't think they should be struggling with "god" accounts...

Well, it's never been stated that they are almighty gods. The accounts provide them with a few different unique powers, huge life value, decent regeneration, powerful weapons, and that's pretty all. As we've seen with Asuna, some of their powers are not even meant to be used in these conditions. They can still be hurt and feel pain, so when surrounded with dozens of enemies, they can't not struggle. Asuna managed to held off against hundreds of enemies and Sinon wiped out half of the American players when she appeared, that's already far more than any Underworlder could do without Incarnation.
Aug 8, 2020 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Quite the bloody episode and Yanai died like a freaking clown lmao. Lold at Higa raising his own flag.
Was great to see Eiji in action and Yuna's singing great as always.
nerfxAug 8, 2020 3:16 PM
Aug 8, 2020 3:19 PM

Jan 2020
CrossBlack said:
The power of friendship hit hard this episode. Yuuna literally came out of nowhere and I don't know, am I missing something? Why is she even there? And who tf is Eiji? Where did he come from too?

Poh's backstory was pretty lame, it barely explains his hatred for Japanese people and kinda just felt out of place.

Kirito is finally making a comeback, and I'm sure it will make no sense and they'll pull out a power of friendship and badass comeback but at this point, I'm fine with that.

I agree with you, why did Eiji and Yuna come at the last moment?

The backstory of PoH was a shame, they can enter and go out of Aincrad?, he didn't get medical suplies so I can tell tow things: he's a monster IRL bc he didn't need nutrients or Kayaba was OK that someone was going in and out of aincrad, lol

This episode was OK bc the visuals, the story was in other point accord to the LN and there are some good questions that can't be answered bc is only a anime thing (like Sinon's necklace, it's some incarnation thing?, how many deux ex machina are going to had?), but ANYWAY, money is money. And i liked a bit the gore and action, i hope they explain those details, or show more about Alice in the next episode, and kirito wake up!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Aug 8, 2020 4:26 PM
Sep 2018
I'm really happy they strayed away from the novel and chose to include and Eiji redemption scene. But they also missed the perfect opportunity to show that he wasn't simply a coward, but had a synchronization issue with his NerveGear. Eiji aas probably the best written character aside from Eugeo in the LNs, even though he only appeared in his own special, and I wish they showed that characterization
Aug 8, 2020 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
+++ Character development of Yuna and Eiji within 5 minutes, together with Eugeo one of the best male characters.
+ PoH's backstory, although it is one-sided (racism) and has been rustled too much, even if it is described quite randomly
+ Leafa's fighting spirit and the will to protect the inhabitants of Underworld.
+Eiji continued to fight without arms, much like Eugeo.

-Female characters: Kirito! We need you!
- Klein: I want screen time.
Kawahara: Shut up, just for my Gary Stu.
A1: I don't think so.
- Yanai's departure
- Incarnation of PoH, Gabriel and Sinon (bullshit)
- Sinon is very creepy, she has been hiding an electrode from Kirito in her necklace since the GGO case, even though she has known him for a few days.
- And weak-willed like all other female characters (except Leafa). She apparently forgot her character development during the Phantom Bullet Arc.

3/5, thanks to Eiji, otherwise the episode was only filler material like all episodes from WoU Subarc, even if it comes from the novels apart from anime original content. Nothing will happen until Kirito shows up, which can be seen right now.
removed-userAug 8, 2020 5:26 PM
Aug 8, 2020 5:03 PM

Sep 2015
WarDest3ny said:
Crylix said:

To be honest, I completely agree with this.

The whole Alicization arc had been quite different from what we have seen of SAO previously. Compared to season 1 and 2, the story development had improved drastically -- a whole new world was introduced with many new characters and a very decent storytelling (even some became quite iconic within the whole SAO storyline).

Ever since everyone from ALO came into the Underworld (well, this current ongoing season in general). All of the story and character development throughout Alicization felt like a complete waste as the show turned back into the typical SAO; everyone together fighting, kirito this kirito that, then kirito jumps in to save the day in the end.

How many times do I have to read this?
Are you watching the serie? Are you seeing that God's accounts have a limit? Are you seeing that Asuna already reached her limit when she started with headaches? You're seeing that Asuna has been fighting non-stop twice as much as Leafa, the same Leafa who is already reaching her limits.

MaDmAnI said:
She apparently forgot her character development during the Phantom Bullet Arc..

Sinon fears Gabriel from their first confrontation at the BoB if she even has nightmares about Subtilizer. If they even show a flashback of their confrontation.
Aug 8, 2020 5:08 PM

Oct 2009
I was quite surprised at Eiji's and Yuna's appearance - it seems like they wanted to make the movie canon now. And I guess that would be consistent with how the movie ends where they preview the Underworld. The 5 minutes of screentime that Eiji and Yuna get was pretty hyped, but inconsequential since they were never meant to beat PoH. I liked how Eiji was also able to use incarnation to summon his KoB's clothes.

As for the pacing of this season; I had also been expecting Kirito to wake up a few episodes ago. But I do also know there isn't much more left in this season and they can easily condense the last few chapters of the LN into the episodes left in this. I suppose Kirito was never meant to get much screen time in this part of Alicization, but trust me the 2nd last episode will be worth it!

Aug 8, 2020 5:10 PM
Nov 2018
Klein: I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a spear to the back.

To summarize the episode:

"He's a dirty Japanese!"
"A pissant Japanese like you."
"In this world I can kill all the Japanese I want." (While using the headgear in an apartment where no one can find him and keep him alive. But let's forget that detail.)
"Look at you now, you dirty Japanese!"

Look at the EEEVIIILLL American! This is what we are up against, Japanese!

(Now someone will say, his backstory explains it. That's not how it works. The writer wanted this part in the story, so he made a backstory that would excuse him putting it in there.)

Sugu: "Because, I'm Kirito's ... the Black Swordsman's ... little sister!"

Any normal person would say "sister". But Japanese eroticize the thought of the "little sister," so realism is irrelevant.

And in the end ... saved by harem! The harem's love for Kirito makes him live again! I'm pretty sure Kirito's friend Klein would have some memories that could be used to put his personality back together again, like so many pieces of clay, but he's a friend and a guy, and this is all about the harem. I'm just surprised they didn't all kiss him first. Little sister included.
Aug 8, 2020 5:37 PM
Mar 2019
One term to describe this episode: PLOT ARMOR. TO THE GIGAMAX. Eiji should not have to die so simple. He should've kicked PoH's butt. He and Yuna were there to "buy time", but PoH could've killed Kirito after killing Eiji instead. But, he wanted to just talk like any stereotypical anime villain would.

Then comes Sinon with 7 bullets vs the enemy with 10 bullets. PLOT ARMOR!!!!! Nuff said, but the heart monitor thingy from Kirito revealing a bit of her chest was decent fan-service.

Also, Kirito being revived at the exact moment PoH was going to kill him? I am not buying that. He could have been revived when Eiji and PoH were still fighting.

This episode receives a 4/10 for plot-armor shenanigans. The events in this episode were intertwined together in a way that makes everything sooo convenient.

Hegar said:
Klein: I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a spear to the back.

To summarize the episode:

"He's a dirty Japanese!"
"A pissant Japanese like you."
"In this world I can kill all the Japanese I want." (While using the headgear in an apartment where no one can find him and keep him alive. But let's forget that detail.)
"Look at you now, you dirty Japanese!"

Look at the EEEVIIILLL American! This is what we are up against, Japanese!

(Now someone will say, his backstory explains it. That's not how it works. The writer wanted this part in the story, so he made a backstory that would excuse him putting it in there.)

Any normal person would say "sister". But Japanese eroticize the thought of the "little sister," so realism is irrelevant.

And in the end ... saved by harem! The harem's love for Kirito makes him live again! I'm pretty sure Kirito's friend Klein would have some memories that could be used to put his personality back together again, like so many pieces of clay, but he's a friend and a guy, and this is all about the harem. I'm just surprised they didn't all kiss him first. Little sister included.

Well, at least PoH had a backstory. Some characters don't even have backstories.
dipItFooAug 9, 2020 9:24 PM
Aug 8, 2020 6:39 PM

Apr 2020
So I'm going to assume Yuna and Eiji's apperance was stricty anime only because they needed to replace some brutal and gory torture scenes from the LN right? Did anyone feel like the gun fight between Sinon and Gabriel was pulled from the movie "Wanted" minus the crazy bullet arcs.

About time Kirito makes his entrance.

Aug 8, 2020 6:43 PM

Dec 2014
Eiji and Yuuna fight scene is so cool!!, and for the other one is fine.

Kirito's pendant that Sinon wear had unlimited physical reflection buff i guess? ,haha lol.

Overall i do enjoy this episode, especially the returning ost.
Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM

May 2019
This ep was a huge WTF.

- Yuna coming out from nowhere. Old SAO server wtf, how, why? Is she an AI ghost?

- Why that PoH half-brother ressembles Kirito?

- The anime is not going to explain a shit about these Incarnations right? "Power of imagination"?

- AND NOW THE SCHOOL "REVERSE ISEKAI" MOMENT we just watched in Otome Game Isekai and Re:Zero! LOL That is really a huge coincidence about these shows from this and last season.

The interesting revelation that makes sense is how PoH is so psycho that he entered become trapped in AINCRAD by purpose just to kill people.

But how he managed to survive 2 years without be in a hospital (we can assume that he was hidden, since he stole a forbidden netgear) is something we must turn a blind eye, right?

Aug 8, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2019
This anime always keeps me at the edge of the seat. Last two episodes have been awesome. Both animation and plot makes you wish for the next episode ASAP. I can't wait for Kirito to wake up and slash that Poh garbage. One bad thing about the last 2 episodes, where the F is Alice?
Aug 8, 2020 7:04 PM
Jul 2020
Yo this was a actually a really good episode. They fit a lot in here and it honestly didn't feel rushed at all. PoH and Eiji's battle was really cool. The short backstory we got was really informational too, gave me a good understanding of who PoH is and why he became a laughing coffin member. Feel empathetic towards him, dads a bitch. They still haven't explained the necklace thing, though I don't think it ever will. Finallyyyyy kirito is gonna become the mc again (hahaha rip klein, your shine time ad the mc is over, kirito is taking over again). The last line though, "it was all a dream," or something along this line. Better be lying bro....
11/10
Aug 8, 2020 7:12 PM

Dec 2017
If I could erase the manipulative power of the PoH troops, the participation of Yuna and Eiji would be a top ten episode.

Yuna really? Yuna? Who had this idea?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 8, 2020 7:24 PM
Jan 2017
Awesome ep, yes i really like Eiji and Yuna battle, together with Bercoulli's sacrifice its the better ep atm.

But aware guys nightmare is coming !
Aug 8, 2020 7:41 PM
Apr 2020
Reylith said:
Aelyn said:
Wait-wait-wait, hold the F up. Did they just replace a couple of horrible torture scenes with this Ordinal Scale thing? I vaguely remember that the whole situation was a lot more tense in the book.

Was that too gruesome to be on tv or something?

My thoughts, too! I thought having those gruesome scenes in an entire episode must be a little too hard to watch. Probably that...and some fanservice as well. :D
Logic is gone when you watch anime :D
Aug 8, 2020 7:58 PM
Shōjo Specialist

Oct 2014
WTF?!

That was one of the best episodes in this whole Alicazation arc.

When Yuuna started singing the song I suddenly got goosebumps and remembered watching Ordinal Scale at the Theater.

Amazing!
Aug 8, 2020 8:14 PM

Nov 2011
I actually thought this episode was really good. Though I dont give a damn about PoH and his backstory. I thought Sinon was fucking done for.

Got damn I shot up when Leafa got that spear through the eye. Holy shit that was Brutal!

Kirito wakes up next week??
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 8, 2020 8:46 PM

Dec 2010
Is it finally time for best girl Eugeo to wake up sleeping beauty? =DDD

Let's go TsuguxNobunaga ship!!!
Aug 8, 2020 8:53 PM

Jun 2014
Damn lol our heroes were getting lit the fuck up and destroyed all over the place in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2020 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
I hope the next episode isn't all Kirito in a dream state and waking up right before closing credits.

Farmaceut said:
Suguha was never my favorite girl, but damn did she earn my respect this episode! She looked like such a badass fighting and regenerating over and over...

Agreed! I was like when'd she get so damn strong!
Aug 8, 2020 9:17 PM
Jan 2016
Haha, I totally forgot about Eiji although I remember about Yuuna from Ordinal Scale...at least they're success to buying time for Kirito...trust me, you'll regret everything once Kirito's awake, and that Leafa's scene is unexpected, haha, after the tentacles, now the sadistic scene...ya maybe it's Terraria's healing power but it's to reckless...
Aug 8, 2020 9:23 PM

Mar 2014
Eiji/Nautilus's big scene was incredible. I went in expecting an uncomfortable torture scene of comatose Kirito but damn EIJI AND YUNA SWEPT IN TO SAVE THE DAY! THANK YOU for changing the script! I was on the edge of my seat for that entire sequence! It was so magical (especially how Yuna started singing to buff him up), I'm glad I took some advice I read and read up on the pre- and post-stories for Ordinal Scale. Hearing him cry out his SAO name Nautilus was so amazing. Heartbreaking though that he lost in the end. Guess that's his personal penance for failing Yuna back in SAO.

Damn though, that spear in Leafa's eye was brutal. I may not like her but nobody deserves that level of brutality...

And finally things are starting to swing up again. The STLs are connected to Kirito, he's showing signs of life (sad to see though how hard he's been trying to get up, with those tears on his face and stuff), and we got a glimpse of best boy Eugeo's ghost in the sword. I refuse to accept his death in this canon, he will forever be alive in Lycoris.
Aug 8, 2020 9:29 PM
Nov 2016
Syureria said:
It's a good episode, I love the sound of that battle really. Yuna-chan is so cute, actually this is good but somehow I don't like too many flashbacks it's better to tell the underworld because it's almost near the top. What the heck, isn't that Leefa scene too sadistic?

Kyaaa... Kirito still AFK

Man , that song when Eji & Yuna started to fight , it just resembles with Fate zero 2nd season Opening song, it's totally feel like it . Looks like Kalafina is the one behind that song , their voice & chord is totally resembles , really this episode is a epic hype level
Aug 8, 2020 9:31 PM
Dec 2018
Aelyn said:
Wait-wait-wait, hold the F up. Did they just replace a couple of horrible torture scenes with this Ordinal Scale thing? I vaguely remember that the whole situation was a lot more tense in the book.

No the scene will be in next episode. This was the end of volume 17, torture is in volume 18
Aug 8, 2020 9:33 PM
Jan 2019
Aleph199X said:
Reylith said:
just wanted to know from the light novel readers is the part where Eiji and Yuna are just filler or legit was on source material. Can someone tell me

1000% pure fanservice, hell their incarnation doesn't even make sense. Eiji is logged in with an Augma, that can't do Incarnation in UW normally.

PoH's story was also changed. In the LN he was offered the nervegear by a contractor to go and kill someone (poh was a hitman). Here he steals it himself to kill japanese players. A1 please...

Well not exactly. In ordinal scale, Asuna used Mother's Rosario in the original SAO game where it wasn't even a sword skill( there was no OSS in aincrad). Also, we get to see Yuuki doing the sword skill with Asuna in that scene too. That was Asuna's incarnation and she was using an Augma at that time.
Aug 8, 2020 9:36 PM
Jan 2019
If you are wondering about what happened to Eiji And YUNA after Ordinal Scale, there is a story called Sword Art Online Cordial Chords and if someone wants to read it it's available on dreadful decoding or watch this video explaining the story.

Aug 8, 2020 9:49 PM

Aug 2018
This was one of the worst SAO episodes ever.It was all over the place.The amount of bullshit and plot armour is insane.

Let's talk about the bullshit.

YUNA appers as a wild Pokemon.She is not a human like other players.She's just some data in SAO/Ordinal Scale server.if she can enter why not Yui.What's preventing Yui from entering.

How does Mr.Prince of Hell enters SAO even thou he was never the part of original 10000 players.So,you can enter the game even if you aren't the original.So,why didn't the Japanese govt. send some chad pro-gamers to save players.

So how does things in underworld work?No,you can do whatever you want.Just look at Gabriel.He is standing on some bat that summoned out of nowhere.PoH has magical abilities that makes people rage and fight.What happened to the whole magic system of Underworld.

Why are the testers just standing on the sidelines and enjoying PoH manhandling Kirito in vegetative state.Maybe the true Vegetables are the testers.

Let's talk about plot armour.
Yay.You know Sinon is safe.How? Remember the necklace that Kirito gave her.

Do you know that dude in specs is gonna revive Kirito in Underworld.But he is on gun point.Nevermind that dude Yanai felt off the platform because he was surprised by some falling object.That's the most ridiculous plot convenience I have seen.

And ya,we are using power of friendship to revive Kirito.
BTW Do you know PoH hates Japanese because his father and half-brother are Japanese.Man I surely feel sad for him.Such an awesome villain.
At this point logic has left the chat.

Alicization was a step forward for SAO.It tried to solve pre-existing problems.I really enjoyed it.Then, Underworld happened.The creators are doing whatever they want at this point.This is probably the worst SAO season ever.It makes SAO II look like a masterpiece.
Aug 8, 2020 10:14 PM
Dec 2019
What a garbage episode

A lot of ppl talking abouot Yuna and Eiji and Eiji v/s PoH...Eiji is not only garbage. He is PATHETIC!!!

There is a really really really huge difference between a character with self buff and a character with a support´s buff and Eiji was buffed by Yuna and even with that huge advantage he lost the battle ROFLMAO.

The most stupid fight by far in this season

Vysarine said:
Eiji/Nautilus's big scene was incredible. I went in expecting an uncomfortable torture scene of comatose Kirito but damn EIJI AND YUNA SWEPT IN TO SAVE THE DAY! THANK YOU for changing the script! I was on the edge of my seat for that entire sequence! It was so magical (especially how Yuna started singing to buff him up), I'm glad I took some advice I read and read up on the pre- and post-stories for Ordinal Scale. Hearing him cry out his SAO name Nautilus was so amazing. Heartbreaking though that he lost in the end. Guess that's his personal penance for failing Yuna back in SAO.

Damn though, that spear in Leafa's eye was brutal. I may not like her but nobody deserves that level of brutality...

And finally things are starting to swing up again. The STLs are connected to Kirito, he's showing signs of life (sad to see though how hard he's been trying to get up, with those tears on his face and stuff), and we got a glimpse of best boy Eugeo's ghost in the sword. I refuse to accept his death in this canon, he will forever be alive in Lycoris.
Eiji is garbage. He was buffed as hell and he lost the fight

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Aug 9, 2020 12:26 AM
Aug 8, 2020 10:25 PM
Dec 2010
LEAFA ..... very brutal..... From rape to brutally stabbed by spear... just because of unlimited healing ability ---

Aelyn said:
what is the horrible scene in LN can you describe it ?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Koito91Aug 9, 2020 12:27 AM
Aug 8, 2020 10:47 PM

Jun 2020
Bro I'd say I got hyped when Eiji and Yuuna made their entrance, but I don't even know who tf these dudes are lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 8, 2020 10:49 PM

Nov 2019
CrossBlack said:

Kirito is finally making a comeback, and I'm sure it will make no sense and they'll pull out a power of friendship and badass comeback but at this point, I'm fine with that.

Lol they're explaining it since episode 2 how he'll enter. Obviously everything will make sense.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Aug 8, 2020 11:02 PM
Sep 2019
Okay now they will adapt the last volume of this arc, can't wait!!
Aug 8, 2020 11:09 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
MunaXs said:
What a garbage episode

A lot of ppl talking abouot Yuna and Eiji and Eiji v/s PoH...Eiji is not only garbage. He is PATHETIC!!!

There is a really really really huge difference between a character with self buff and a character with a support´s buff and Eiji was buffed by Yuna and even with that huge advantage he lost the battle ROFLMAO.

The most stupid fight by far in this season

You sound like an ignorant when others already have said that they were anime original scene.
I'm pretty sure the LN were supposed to be Kirito vs PoH after the tortured of whatever people said was cut. Eiji wasn't there to begin with so if he win the fight, that would greatly affected plot and went into a different direction from the LN. It's not his battle and he's just a cameo.
Aug 8, 2020 11:12 PM

Nov 2019
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
This was one of the worst SAO episodes ever.It was all over the place.The amount of bullshit and plot armour is insane.

YUNA appers as a wild Pokemon.She is not a human like other players.She's just some data in SAO/Ordinal Scale server.if she can enter why not Yui.What's preventing Yui from entering.

How does Mr.Prince of Hell enters SAO even thou he was never the part of original 10000 players.So,you can enter the game even if you aren't the original.So,why didn't the Japanese govt. send some chad pro-gamers to save players.

So how does things in underworld work?No,you can do whatever you want.Just look at Gabriel.He is standing on some bat that summoned out of nowhere.PoH has magical abilities that makes people rage and fight.What happened to the whole magic system of Underworld.

Why are the testers just standing on the sidelines and enjoying PoH manhandling Kirito in vegetative state.Maybe the true Vegetables are the testers.

Do you know that dude in specs is gonna revive Kirito in Underworld.But he is on gun point.Nevermind that dude Yanai felt off the platform because he was surprised by some falling object.That's the most ridiculous plot convenience I have seen.

BTW Do you know PoH hates Japanese because his father and half-brother are Japanese.Man I surely feel sad for him.Such an awesome villain.

Alicization was a step forward for SAO.It tried to solve pre-existing problems.I really enjoyed it.Then, Underworld happened.The creators are doing whatever they want at this point.This is probably the worst SAO season ever.It makes SAO II look like a masterpiece.

Let me explain a few things the anime won't bother to explain.

Vassago was forced to donate his kidney for his brother but on the condition that he gets to visit Japan. There he got to know there are strict foreign adaption laws and hence he didn't get any citizenship. So while he had to spend his days in hiding, he was treated awfully by the Japanese. Way more awfully than his own country's people ever treated him. There he was taken in by a Korean crime syndicate where he was raised to be a hitman. He didn't enter SAO only to kill the Japanese. He was given the Nerve Gear by the syndicate to kill some people in exchange for a hectic sum. So when he entered SAO and saw the people, he got reminded of his parents and how he suffered his entire life. Hence he started killing people as he started condemning everyone.

Then the power of incarnation.

Incarnation (心意, Shin'i?) refers to a secretive art within the Underworld which enables an individual or group to alter the state of the world through imagination and will. It is a skill passed down to Integrity Knights since ancient times. However, only several Integrity Knights are able to use this skill.

Sinon had used the power of incarnation to save herself in the last episode. Now she used it again to shoot that last shot. Kirito didn't give her the necklace. He doesn't even know that it exists. Lol. She herself picked it up when he fell it. She basically believes in it so much that it incarnated to save her day twice. She even told "The power of imagination" this episode. Lol. Just explain incarnation. Lmao

Even that thing that Subtilizer is standing on is an incarnation. So basically you have to pretend every asspull you see is an incarnation cause A1 has pledged that they'll never explain it!

And technically it is "power of friendship" that'll wake Kirito but unlike something out of Fairy Tail it makes complete sense as his fluctlight is being manually connected with 3 other fluctlights he is most aquainted with.
Biswa_29Aug 8, 2020 11:15 PM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Aug 8, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2018
biswa290701 said:
sonofbatmanrp13 said:

Let me explain a few things the anime won't bother to explain.

Vassago was forced to donate his kidney for his brother but on the condition that he gets to visit Japan. There he got to know there are strict foreign adaption laws and hence he didn't get any citizenship. So while he had to spend his days in hiding, he was treated awfully by the Japanese. Way more awfully than his own country's people ever treated him. There he was taken in by a Korean crime syndicate where he was raised to be a hitman. He didn't enter SAO only to kill the Japanese. He was given the Nerve Gear by the syndicate to kill some people in exchange for a hectic sum. So when he entered SAO and saw the people, he got reminded of his parents and how he suffered his entire life. Hence he started killing people as he started condemning everyone.

Then the power of incarnation.

Incarnation (心意, Shin'i?) refers to a secretive art within the Underworld which enables an individual or group to alter the state of the world through imagination and will. It is a skill passed down to Integrity Knights since ancient times. However, only several Integrity Knights are able to use this skill.

Sinon had used the power of incarnation to save herself in the last episode. Now she used it again to shoot that last shot. Kirito didn't give her the necklace. He doesn't even know that it exists. Lol. She herself picked it up when he fell it. She basically believes in it so much that it incarnated to save her day twice. She even told "The power of imagination" this episode. Lol. Just explain incarnation. Lmao

Even that thing that Subtilizer is standing on is an incarnation. So basically you have to pretend every asspull you see is an incarnation cause A1 has pledged that they'll never explain it!

And technically it is "power of friendship" that'll wake Kirito but unlike something out of Fairy Tail it makes complete sense as his fluctlight is being manually connected with 3 other fluctlights he is most aquainted with.
Well I get PoH's hate for Japanese.The anime provides such a lame explanation.I don't even know about the Recarnation stuff.In the show it looks like anybody can do anything.It is never explained in the show.I don't know how to feel about the show anymore.It's just cool fights and nothing more.I just want Kirito to wake up and end this war.A-1 may provide sick animation but they are clearly leaving out some important bits.
Aug 8, 2020 11:45 PM
Sep 2018
Hegar said:

More like they don't have a word for sister lol
Aug 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Dec 2015
No idea how people can stomach these stuff. The whole thing is a mess, nothing makes sense, and the fights feels completely pointless knowing that certain overpowered shounen character is going to come in and save the day no matter what.
Aug 9, 2020 12:22 AM

Feb 2014
Love the Leafa fight scene although I must admit that the spear on her eye was brutal. She's like a tank, you really need to try harder to kill her.

They adding Eiji and Yuuna was meh, I don't really care and was just added to make ordinal scale somehow canon.

And looks like Kirito is going to wake up next week then.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.