Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 11, 2020 7:13 AM

Sep 2019
Everything this ep about is just a short fight scene between Eiji (Nautilus) and Vassago (PoH). Ahh, I might feel a little bit nostalgic.

But looking at other aspects of it... What should I expect...

Oh well, next ep may be promising.
Aug 11, 2020 11:03 AM
Jul 2020
Yoshio Inoue (Eiji) is a stage actor.
While it's common for stage actors to do voice acting in anime movie, it's very rare for stage actors to do voice acting in TV anime.
This is one of the reasons why the original characters from the movies are not in the tv series.
So episode 5 was really special.
Aug 11, 2020 2:51 PM

Feb 2020
seeing Eiji and Yuna made me happy. I also like the character development with the others.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Aug 11, 2020 7:12 PM

Sep 2016
He's waking up! He's waking up!

But first. Flashback episode next week! LOL
bruh
Aug 11, 2020 10:39 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I never screamed so loudly so late at night LOL. Eugeo makes a comeback :C
Also, Higa calling it out-- his own death flag. Triple RIP, but atleast he backed up and restarted Kirito in time.

So who's this Eiji guy? I feel bad for not remembering. Is he Asuna's Kouhai? Who she replaced? I dunno...I feel like he should stick out more, but even my recollection of Yuna is faint (just that she was OP singer and had an arc with Asuna). Since he came from the old SAO server (according to Yui), does that mean he's dead forever?... I didn't even realize the SAO servers were still active. Can't remember too many things, unless these are unspoken plotholes/manga background.

Seems like they went the -- PoH is a inferior Kirito route.Tragedy. Does PoH have admin powers? Is it his character account skill? How the hell is he controlling everyone? Or is the storyline, that he "controls the storyline" as an NPC account...god I'm so confused. I've failed.

AyyMayy said:
That spear in Leafa's eye was brutal and I got shocked by it!
T h i s.
Aug 12, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2015
TrisEverdeen said:

So who's this Eiji guy?

Eiji and Yuna are from the SAO Ordinal Scale movie

I haven't read the light novels or manga so I don't know, but I think it was only just a cameo; the real characters were the ones that they changed to after.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Aug 12, 2020 3:14 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, we had some great fight scenes during these episode, the animations were also top notch. That Yuuna insert scene was great! I loved seeing her and hearing her sing.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 12, 2020 5:26 AM
Dec 2015
Good battle animation, but Eiji and Yuna didn't last too long
Aug 12, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Nautilus lost!? Unbelievable~ Nautilus went all-out and was killed in action. Holy crap!!! This PoH guy is actually incredibly stronger than I expected.
Aug 12, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2018
So PoH also will never forgive the Japanese
Aug 12, 2020 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
So Eiji only appeared for the sake of getting only owned. And look at that, I have to know also PoH's backstory so I could at least sympathize with him.

Sorry but this is the most cringe-worthy episode I have seen on this season. I could not help myself but to think that this arc should have been ended after the defeat of Administrator.

PS: I seriously wanted to curse this episode more if I post right after watching as I have watched this episode yesterday.

Crylix said:
Seems like I'm one of the few who didn't like this episode as much.

Alicization up to this point was dope. Fast forward a few episodes into this part, i'm just not feeling it.

Ever since Asuna and the old crew came back, i feel like this amazing SAO season has become a cringe-fest of sorts.

Please, stop crying all the time.
Please, stop saying Kirito fifty times per episode.
Please, show some Alice already.

So far, i'm disappointed for the first few episodes. I don't really hate them, but surely it's not my cup of tea.

Hopefully this will improve, but I highly doubt it.

Wholly agree. The arc went to a worst turn after Kirito's harem getting involved and this just went back to SAO's cringe-fest cliches once again.
TennoujiAug 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 13, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2012
The power of harem gonna wake Kirito up.

@dipItFoo
Aug 13, 2020 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
SO, UMM, WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING THERE'S NO EPISODE THIS WEEK?
Is it some sort of important holiday in Japan or something?
(Damn, I wanna see Kirito wake up already, I can't wait anymore.)
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2016
it gets worse and worse, first rape now gore and everything here for making any kind of sense is so out of place and boring.... just ufff everythings feels so forced like a fk trainwreck
wtf is that elevator scene, somethings falling and ofc he has to fall down not like he could grab to something like a ladder to his left?
hamanitoAug 13, 2020 1:41 PM
Aug 13, 2020 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
Eiji showing up along with Yuuna was fun, even if it didn't make much sense the way they got powered up.
Sinon's battle was fine, but once again that stupid miraculous electrode shows up for no reason.

Leafa's eye... fuck that needless body horror. People losing their limbs and such all just to make things edgier, while basically none of them have any actual consequence.

I also find it hilarious how all these superaccounts are barely any better than the Integrity Knights, all the while Vecta and PoH had much more power and could even keep their powers god knows how after coming back with a completely different account.

The elevator scene... That's it? The guy just falls down to his death after revealing himself half an episode later.

PoH's backstory was lame as well. Hating japanese people cause you had a half-brother who was preferred. I mean I get that it was traumatizing him his whole life, but this is just stupid. Also, good to know people can just log into SAO even after it being locked down. And who was keeping him alive in the real world? His mother?

At this point I just want Kirito to finally awaken and deliver us from this stupid season.
Aug 13, 2020 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:
The power of harem gonna wake Kirito up.

Omg he's in for heaven soon. How many babes thirsting for him, at least 5 good ones. They've been waiting for ages to ravish him

My favs Alice and Sinon get first dibs
Aug 13, 2020 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
TrumpMD said:
Omg he's in for heaven soon. How many babes thirsting for him, at least 5 good ones. They've been waiting for ages to ravish him

My favs Alice and Sinon get first dibs

Don't forget about Eugeo.
Aug 13, 2020 9:05 PM

Aug 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:
Don't forget about Eugeo.
Isn't he a goner, turned into a sword? I don't want him back. All the babes are for Kirito.
Aug 14, 2020 7:41 PM

Dec 2013
a-1 actually made a good change in the adaptation lol much better seeing eiji and yuna than seeing the torture scenes (which were really bad in the novel)

ayy, higa is so precious, must protecc

the classroom LOOKS GORGEOUS, god dammit the next episode is gonna be awesome

just don't fuck up a-1, remember that ONLY ONE person is able to wake Kirito up, and that person isn't a thot

4/5
Aug 14, 2020 10:32 PM
Jun 2020
WOW! Amazing graphic as always! And we got the story of the Past PoH .. Well, I didn't expect that. But it was worth watching the show! I hope Kirito will wake up ASAP..
Aug 15, 2020 6:15 AM
Jul 2020
Eiji and Yuna came and left like that. I know Eiji died but why Yuna gotta leave too.
I'm glad that the traitor is dead he fell in love with an AI LOL.
Prince of Hell huh? Love racism...
Glad Kirito is finally going to come back.
Aug 15, 2020 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
Who the fuck was that? Am I supposed to know who Eiji and Yuna are? Even if I am, did they even do anything to affect the story? Looks like it was a pointless effort, though, and I'm left more confused than when the episode started.
Aug 16, 2020 4:41 AM

Feb 2016
This anime is so freaking shité
Aug 16, 2020 11:12 AM
Sep 2018
That's cool to see some characters of saison 1 !
Aug 17, 2020 7:39 AM
Aug 2020
I stopped reading comments about 3 pages in. Because of people whining mainly about Eiji and Yuna's appearance.

WHY DO A MAJORITY YOU GUYS NOT REALIZE THAT "ORDINAL SCALE" IS CANNON? ESPECIALLY READERS OF THE LN. Are you trying to say that only the LN is a Canon source? It would be fully false. A feature length theatrical release was never going to be anything but original content. They would never use the LN material for a theatrical release unless the movie covered all the material from the complete series and SAO is way too long for that. OS was always intended to be an additional story arc.

When Alicization starts Ordinal Scale is implanted immediately. Watch the opening starting with the 1st cour...Yuna is displayed proudly for a few seconds like all the other characters over and over with each new episode.

On top of that during the episode where they look for Kirito Not only are they all wearing their Augma's so that they can see and communicate with Yui, one of yuna's Songs is playing on the radio in Klines car.

So i for 1 liked the appearance of Eiji and Yuna. The point of their showing up was for Eiji to distract PoH from Killing Kirito long enough for Yuna to break the spell over the Chinese, Korean and American players. Yuna also buffs Eiji when she shows up healing him and boosting his abilities. Making his efforts better suited to actually fight with PoH, although it wasnt high enough to beat him in the end, it was long enough to separate Poh from abusing Kirito and possibily killing him and give time for the others Japanese players and Underworld people to recover themselves. Its a shame that PoH casts yet another spell on the combatants after Yuna and Eiji leave. Although it was cool to see the old SAO Server yet again. It looks like its still sitting in the same storage closet it was in in Ordinal Scale. My only question about their appearance is how they get out without dieing. 1 loose end.

Also the super user accounts the girls, Asuna, Shino, and Suguha, are using are God's to the people of underworld. They dont mean GOD AS IN ALL POWERFUL. They have a few specific powers each that are not available to normal underworld peoples. Like Asuna's ability to landscape ( not really for war) Shino's ability to fly, and Sugu's ability to heal without end. They arent all powerful. Sugu's fighting ability comes from her own sword skills in the real world. All those years of Kendo really paid off for her.

As for Shino idk why the director of this project keeps making her will to fight break each time Sutalizer counters her efforts. But I get her mental distress. She's still suffering the trauma of season 2 and of dieing in sutalizers hands in BOB4. Seems that once she recovered her will to fight that should have been enough.

Suguha is finally given the opertunity to become the BADASS I thought she would eventually become. Taking on the 50k Americans while the residents of the underworld with her watched. It was by far the bloodiest scene in SAO yet. Throughout Alicization its been getting increasingly more bloody. I think its shocking Partly because there isnt blood in the other virtual worlds. Just some red specks that immediately disappear after the appear. But the Underworld is different obviously. The spear to the eye definately takes the award for most bloody and most shocking moment. Sugu Handel's it like a champ. Then continues to destroy! LOVE IT! best scene in all of SAO.

My only complaint was PoH's back story. His reason for hating Japanese is really sketchy and bullshit imo. I feel like it showed hatred for his family members but not a reason to hate all Japanese people. They needed to have a better reason for his level of hatred.

Overall I felt it was a great episode. I feel like there isnt as much fan service as people are saying. The rest of the gig was always gonna end up inside the underworld. And until Kirito wakes up it was going to be normal SAO gang sentries episodes for the most part once they dove in. After Kirito Wakes we should see more Alice and more Underworld involvement. Especially as they all come together in 1 location Suguha has a large crowd with her now.
Aug 18, 2020 4:20 PM
Aug 2020
Anyone else felt disappointed? Wtf like poh can control other players seriously? And wtf is up with sinnon and the psycho having guns? Wish they had the torture scenes. As a big sao fan ep 3 and 5 broke my heart a little with these..
LordTSCAug 18, 2020 4:23 PM
Aug 19, 2020 9:06 PM

Oct 2012
That scene of Leafa getting a freaking spear thrown through her eye was unexpected, but cool.

Finding these brutal moments is like easter eggs
Aug 20, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2009
No idea who those two characters are. I haven't seen the movie.
Aug 24, 2020 11:25 AM
Nov 2017
When is kirito going to do a starburst stream????
Sep 9, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2011
They have just given up caring about even a vague attempt at game rules. At least before they vaguely followed the arts that the world used but now its just whatever goes.

What was the point of moving their accounts across if they can be held by a lv 1 scrub account? what even are skills anymore? randomly biting.

What about character motivation, look we got a new character who we need to care about because he was in sao and look the bad guy is racist because someone he disliked was Japanese oh no!

Oh and look the Chinese are attacking the horrible japanese hackers but can somehow talk to them perfectly in japanese!

I know sword art has always be awful at this but this season is really reminding me how lazy the writing is.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 13, 2020 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
RazielZero said:

PoH's backstory was lame as well. Hating japanese people cause you had a half-brother who was preferred. I mean I get that it was traumatizing him his whole life, but this is just stupid. Also, good to know people can just log into SAO even after it being locked down. And who was keeping him alive in the real world? His mother?

In case you haven't been paying attention to current events, people can become racist for no good reason at all. At least this guy has a reason. Perhaps a stupid reason, but it's a lot more than the white supremacists that are out there in America defending the police killings of black people
Sep 15, 2020 2:02 PM

Mar 2010
I don't like how everyone relies on kirito like some god. I hope he doesn't wake up and everyone gets slaughtered.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2020 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Woahh Eiji and Yuna from OS, so that was the meaning of another SAO server that was suddenly alive at previous credit scene. Was that an anime original ? IIRC OS LN was created after the movie aired.

Too bad even with Yuna's hyperbuff and enhanced Eiji they still couldn't beat POH, well after all he'll be Kirito's opponent XD..
good thing Leafa could hold the enemy and Sinon at least could deal quite heavy damage on Subtilizer

good grief Rinko acted quickly and saved Higa on time so he could do his works and working on Three goddess STL toward Kirito, now Kirito's Awakening getting closer cmon....
r16fourarmSep 19, 2020 1:22 PM
Sep 23, 2020 6:57 PM

Mar 2019
Sing Art online *cough*
Sep 29, 2020 7:20 AM
May 2020
i just want say one thing about the story what the hell with Eugeo why doesn't he want die ? he is there the hole time chatting and fighting with Kirito come on die dude i didn't really fell his death because of that
Oct 1, 2020 1:12 AM
Nov 2014
Ayyy! It was good to see the red and white uniform make an appearance! Also, you'd be surprised at what one can do with a well placed spanner - I know I was lol
Oct 1, 2020 3:47 AM
Jul 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Damn lol our heroes were getting lit the fuck up and destroyed all over the place in this episode.

xD rekt for sure

Did Sinon always have that level of affection towards Kirito? Yeah she's been part of his harem, but didn't know it was so explicit.
Oct 6, 2020 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
THAT SPEAR THROW THE FUCK

Oct 7, 2020 2:17 AM
Jul 2016
Ooh there were suddenly some new characters appearing!
And here I haven't even watch Ordinal scale yet, haha..

Good job, Higa!
Could it be the silhouette of Kayaba that Reiko saw before was none other than him?
His joke about death flag got me xD such a man of culture!

Meanwhile, it's kinda unexpected how in Kirito's mind he's in a classroom. The OP already give us a spoiler, huh?

Time to wake up, birthday boyy!! (*´▽`*)ノ*☆
Oct 8, 2020 3:25 AM

Feb 2013
He is waking up, finally!
Nov 1, 2020 5:10 PM
Aug 2017
This episode had all the pros that I try to point out in SAO!
Great backstory for POH that gives more weight to his actions aside just being evil.
Great Callbacks with Enji & Yuna, because I honestly thought we wouldn't see them again after the movie.
Great Action from Leafa & Sinon to really dig into the desperation to chip away at the enemy
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Things more important then what your hunting for, could be right there on the side of the road.”

Dec 15, 2020 1:35 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It's about time Kirito woke up. A season and a half in Vegie state, that's rough.
I'm glad whatever happened in Ordinal Scale came back to play a role in this arc.
Jan 11, 2021 8:31 PM

Sep 2017
My god this episode was brutal ! love it.

Seems like
Aincrad Online, Alfheim, Gun Gale, Ordinal Scale
are all joining in a full final turn here !
Its own Infinity War.

It was cool to see Eiji & Yuna again
Great fights
Jan 20, 2021 3:49 PM

Aug 2016
Sometimes too creepy, sometimes too cheese, a lot of time deus ex... but damn, this is one of most brutal SAO seasons I watched. I don't remember what it has to do with SAO itself but it's good and I like it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2021 12:29 AM

Jan 2011
Yanai's fall got a chuckle out of me.
Dec 19, 2021 5:39 AM

Apr 2013
I don't even remember who that couple was, but they certainly didn't do much. Felt quite like the pointless episode.
Mar 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
A few years ago, I stopped after the first Alicization season because I didn't like how quick the pace was. I decided to continue recently. I still way too quick, they are ditching all flavor text, and now they are ever bringing filler characters... Serisouly.
May 10, 2022 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
Sword Art Online works best when it is one on one engagements, so this episode works in a way the previous ones of this cour just haven't. PoH is one of the best villains SAO has, and his presence and villainy did a great deal to help this episode. This is in spite of how this episode ignores the part of PoH's backstory that is interesting. It focuses solely on his hatred of Japanese people as opposed to the fact he was a professional criminal and killer before he entered SAO.

It looks like the big battles are over, so I hope the cringest parts are over as well.
Nov 14, 2022 7:28 AM

Mar 2019
Wait I'm pretty sure Yuna was supposed to be dead, what's happening!!

It's finally time for Kirito to wake up and save this and I don't mean just the war.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 9, 2023 4:28 PM

May 2022
Another wild episode, PoH messes around with Kirito like an asshole until Eiji and Yuna from Ordinal Scale show up, and the fight between Eiji and PoH was pretty awesome with its animation and music, especially with how Eiji transformed into his KoB outfit. PoH's past was also shown too. Unfortunately, Eiji lost and after both Eiji and Yuna left and the red players notice the Laughing Coffin emblem on PoH. PoH then uses his dark power to control the minds of the red players, having them fight each other. Sinon isn't doing very well and Leafa, my god, poor Leafa, that was just brutal. Thankfully, Kojiro helps save Higa by throwing something down to scare Yanai, causing him to fall off. With the self image of Kirito from Asuna, Leafa, and Sinon, Kirito is finally going to wake up, with Eugeo also making an appearance. It's time for the Black Swordsman to shine and save the Underworld, this is EXCITING.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.