Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 3, 2020 4:32 PM

Aug 2015
Story was still perhaps a little rushed, but holy shit was that battle a feast for the eyes. Eat your heart out, Kimetsu no Yaiba, there's a new best animated fight scene in town. I love the Tanjiro vs Rui battle scene but I'll take beautiful, fluid hand-drawn art over CG any day, especially when it's this well done.
Aug 3, 2020 4:40 PM

Jan 2019
This episode is beautiful.
I loved it.
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Aug 3, 2020 4:53 PM

Oct 2018
this not good not bad either. I hope when unordinary gets adapted they don't do this fast paced shit with it.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Aug 3, 2020 5:16 PM
Apr 2016
who's the voice actor at the end of the episode? the blue haired guy
Aug 3, 2020 5:21 PM
Oct 2012
Tougen said:
Much better than last week, while the first fight went pretty much instantly, at least Mori vs Dwei had the propper pacing.

Animation is still impressive.
Takuto_Shindou said:
Where's the hate
Is everyone gonna pretend the show is good again
Blah

If people complain you get mad, if people dont complain you get mad.....Can you fucking decide what you want man?
You what now?
Since when I give a shit about this show
Aug 3, 2020 5:45 PM

Nov 2018
Takuto_Shindou said:
Tougen said:
Much better than last week, while the first fight went pretty much instantly, at least Mori vs Dwei had the propper pacing.

Animation is still impressive.

If people complain you get mad, if people dont complain you get mad.....Can you fucking decide what you want man?
You what now?

Then what are you complaining about? You come to the comment section to complain that there are not enough hate comments? Damn these pesky people that enjoy a show that you dont, eh?
Aug 3, 2020 5:55 PM
Oct 2012
Tougen said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
You what now?

Then what are you complaining about? You come to the comment section to complain that there are not enough hate comments? Damn these pesky people that enjoy a show that you dont, eh?
Clearly I invented episode 4 and its thread, never happened, nope
Aug 3, 2020 6:26 PM

Nov 2018
Takuto_Shindou said:
Tougen said:

Clearly I invented episode 4 and its thread, never happened, nope

Soo, we hated episode 4 in particular, does that mean we are obligated to hate everything else the series makes after and before?

This is just a dumb fun anime, no one is ratting it high because it got revolutionary writting...
Aug 3, 2020 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
My problem with the show is that it feels like I have no idea who the characters are. I mean,
a) the tournament the show is named after is over after less than half the show
b) each character's motivations are given little to no depth
c) we know nearly nothing about the main trio
d) everything is so awkwardly fit into episodes

i dont know if im missing something, but the show makes zero sense after 5 episodes, especially after the wedding episode and than daewi beating the shit out of mira.

thought it would be better
Aug 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
I guess I'm just a sucker for these kinda episodes cause I thought it was fantastic.

The fight between Mori and Daewi was awesome, the animation was great, the stylistic choices with the ink and complete change in art in the second half was awesome. The ink style especially was super cool, never would I have expected that they would choose an ink style and make it work.

Episode got me really emotional, from Han fighting for his friend and eventually when Mira comes in to help him get back up and accept that the three of them are friends now. Pulled all the right strings with me. Even teared up towards the second half as Daewi walked back to face Mori after Mira's message.

The epilogue with Daewi leaving the note to his friend that he wasn't alone was great.
Aug 3, 2020 7:27 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I feel bad that I was expecting that he was going to get revived, or would be purposely "put under" in order to see Daewi's reaction. In some ways, having a friend rely only on you can be exhausting, but it seems that he's accepted that he's relying on the other friends. Although, it's a cliche and "cute" concept, it makes wonder if he would have won if he was fighting as blindly as before... or if fighting free is the only way he can "win".
Aug 3, 2020 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
Cazador75 said:
This anime showed so much promise, so sad combats are just flashy moves that don't make much sense and poor animation.

this anime uses rotoscoping animation on the fight scenes using motion capture transferred to 3D models then rotoscoped thats why the sakuga does not look like your usual sakuga, source https://twitter.com/dotdotKam/status/1276664123498082307
Aug 3, 2020 7:59 PM

Jul 2020
Finally we got a nice episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2020 8:15 PM

Apr 2019
It was a good episode. A good fight with an emotional background and cool ending, but was kind of short. I really miss longer fights in matial arts anime, like the ones in dragon ball that can last various episodes
Aug 3, 2020 8:23 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I know this episode was meant to be more emotional, but somehow, I didn’t get into that, I respect Daewi’s friend, but I don’t know both of them. What I was expecting was a huge fight with great movement and action, I still don’t understand the powers btw. Ok episode. That “you must fight for you” phrase is a great one.
Aug 3, 2020 8:27 PM

Jan 2018
Finally, a much more better pacing than last time. The sakugas flexing their work is so great, especially that calligraphic-style one.

At least, Han Daewi truly realized what it means to being part of the trio.
Aug 3, 2020 8:53 PM
Dec 2018
With this episode, my hopes for AoT season 4 in the visuals department are super high now
Aug 3, 2020 8:55 PM

Jul 2020
Damn finally a decent episode with decent use of backstory. The fight scenes was cool and I really like the bits where they changed the animation style in the latter parts of the episode.

Not gonna lie, I felt the build up of the relationship main trio is super rushed. I hope they really fix the writing and properly explain the power system in next episodes.

4/5

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 3, 2020 9:14 PM

Apr 2020
In this episode we see Han Daewi vs Jin Mori square off to advance to the GOH Nationals.

Here we understand why Daewi needs to win GOH, with his will strong enough to even PUSH his friends aside. That backstory was not that strong but still decent enough to develop Han's character and his relationship with Sungtae that sadly passed away. I like the "calligraphy-esque" sakuga in the middle of the fight but only bogged down with some stills and duds (but hey can't help that). In the end, Jin Mori won the Prelims (duh) as the commisioners and enemies watch from the distance. Han Daewi moves on and fixed their friendship with Yoo and Jin.
Aug 3, 2020 9:26 PM

Jun 2020
Great Episode, liked the Daewis past, and his strength. His bond with his friend that passed, and holy Jin Mori is OP.

Aug 3, 2020 9:34 PM
Jun 2017
I just love that fight scene. Yeah... Thats how you 💪💪💪 those moves.
Aug 3, 2020 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
pretty sweet fight and emotional to boot.
loved it
Aug 3, 2020 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, I’ll just flat out admit that was an absolutely amazing episode. I’ve thought this has been a decent series so far, but that’s episode knocked it out of the damn park.
Aug 3, 2020 10:46 PM

Apr 2013
The direction is so bad and the tones all over the place. Really leaving a lot to be desired so far. Meh.
Aug 3, 2020 11:33 PM
Feb 2016
At the start I was really looking forward to the match..I was hoping that mori would beat the crap out of him..but fk that was disappointing...dawei? idk his friend died(i knew he would die)and that was little saddening, but overall I thought it was ok? Not too bad, but not amzing too..
Aug 3, 2020 11:34 PM

Apr 2020
angelkuhn said:
kaiser17 said:
unecessary flashback in between the fights was irritating

"Laughs in Naruto"

Trueeee...........................................

Aug 3, 2020 11:37 PM

Apr 2020
I just feel kind of bad (didn't enjoyed the episode)
saw the spoiler 2 days before the episode was released;

Aug 3, 2020 11:44 PM

May 2019
That after-credits scene hit pretty hard damn. The episode was beautifully drawn as usual

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 3, 2020 11:45 PM

Apr 2020
really exited about the upcoming episodes

Aug 4, 2020 12:20 AM

Jun 2020
Lmfao people need to stop being so fickle, last ep everyone was like yep another failure like ToG after this one people back on the hype train, pick one lmfao why is one good ep or one bad ep enough for your opinion on the show to do a 180, not once but lmfao every other episode.
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 4, 2020 12:25 AM

Nov 2016
I loved this episode, as someone who has lost an important person from my life because of a disease recently, this episode felt incredibly touching and sad for me, the fight was also good, and the conclusion too.
Aug 4, 2020 12:38 AM
May 2013
great animation, but ultimately a kind of hollow fight considering how little reason there is to care about these characters or believe they are friends for any conceivable reason.
Aug 4, 2020 1:30 AM

Feb 2010
Great episode, definitely better than yesterday

the fight is superb and epic, the backstory is generic tho, Daewi is a best bro character all over it with bittersweet end to his best friend.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 4, 2020 1:46 AM

Mar 2019
In my opinion the best episode so far. c:
OωO
Aug 4, 2020 3:04 AM
Jun 2015
Cool Fight, but wasn't anything special. Characters are boring as Hell so I don't care for them.
Aug 4, 2020 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
All the reviews bashing the series because of one meh episode ? LMAO, this community is pree hilarious tbh.
Aug 4, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
"I'm not alone haha.." - Daewi <3
Aug 4, 2020 5:51 AM

Jul 2016
Omegeria said:
With this episode, my hopes for AoT season 4 in the visuals department are super high now

Yep. Getting pretty excisted.
Aug 4, 2020 6:26 AM

May 2014
Really sad about his friend's death. Honestly I loved their flashback and relationship.. Would have shipped hard if he was still alive... They're such cuties too.

Oh well.

Good episode.

Aug 4, 2020 6:45 AM

Jun 2016
so much better then last ep. its still rushed af tho
Scream!
Aug 4, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
the fight was great,but at the end...made the show look like it has no originality
Aug 4, 2020 7:41 AM

Oct 2016
Definitely a really good episode, but with how rushed the story is I just didn't feel any emotions while watching it. Maybe just some awe here and there because of the animation, but that pacing is really horrendous. Who thought it was a good idea to pack webtoon adaptations into 13 episodes only.

Well still an enjoyable episode, at this point there's really no chance of getting a better pacing so let's just enjoy this.
Aug 4, 2020 7:47 AM

Jun 2019
RIP Daewi's friend. A really good fight b/w Mori and Daewi. His friend made me tear up a bit. A good episode after the last week's fast paced episode. 8/10
Aug 4, 2020 7:58 AM
Aug 2019
it was a amazing episode but the ratings in MAL is still getting worst idk why.
Aug 4, 2020 8:05 AM
Jun 2020
I knew I’m gonna get flamed for saying this but screw it.

As a webtoon reader, I’m a little disappointed they left a lot of minor detail that makes the webtoon amazing. Like how their technique works and a flash of what’s actually happened in real time, not just saying the skill and “bam” the technique works. I knew they got no time to waste on the minor things and have to rush things a little bit because of the episode amount. And I know that the anime doesn’t have to be the exact replica of the manhwa.

Sorry if I make some of you frustrated cuz the “as a webtoon reader” stuff , just want to express my disappointment. BUT, overall it’s was an okay episode. Definitely the best out of the five.
Aug 4, 2020 8:11 AM

Dec 2018
Well a lot better then the last episode

I like that they give the character some background story while their where fighting.Instead of putting the tournament to a grinding halt like in previous episode

And I think this may have been the best episode so far

Aug 4, 2020 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
Zoro said:
Leo said:
Jin vs Daewi was a great fight. Loved it.

Now that Seoul's preliminary is over, I guess we can expect more amazing fights.

I've seen people call them Mori and Daewi like every GoH fans. His grandpa' name is Taejin Jin. His name is Mori Jin. Mori being his name. Han's sister' name is also Han whatever. I've seen them being called Jin and Han like they're Japanese or mexican, but this is the FIRST time I've seen someone actually call one character "Daewi" and another "Jin" LMFAO
Can't wait for ya'll to call Mujin and iLpyo as park 1 and park 2.
Also can't wait to see people call Mira as "Yoo" LOL

I only called them "Jin" and "Daewi" since that's what the characters and some people in previous episode discussions called them. Well, thanks anyway. I'll take note of what you said.

Aug 4, 2020 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
Can’t wait for the next fights! Glad it worked out for our trio of friends
Aug 4, 2020 9:06 AM
Jul 2019
Lenn123 said:
it was a amazing episode but the ratings in MAL is still getting worst idk why.

Me neither bro, but who cares. I'm still enjoying it the dropping ratings aren't going to stop my enjoyment
Aug 4, 2020 10:43 AM
Feb 2020
didn't expect him to win for a few more episodes but I loved the fight scenes as usual

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

291 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.