Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was brutal :'(
The animation for the fight was insane though, might I say it was even better than the previous ep!
Aug 2, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
Goddamn, the heavenly beast's child has been exploited for pill production all this time. Where are the other 4 elements when you need them?!
Aug 5, 2020 4:59 AM
Sep 2018
Such a fun/sad episode... Only 1 more episode remaining?!! What a bummer.
Aug 8, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2015
Holy shit the mood completely shifted. Now we're on the "humans are the true monsters" plot line after finding that baby qilin.
I was expecting the older brother to die protecting the kids, but instead the two kids were violently murdered while he stayed alive. Damn. I actually gasped when the little brother got impaled.

The fight scenes truly are the reason this show exists. So incredibly dynamic and explosive in colour and motion. Had me enraptured the whole time. All the hits and impacts are brimming with tension and weight. The powers are such eye candy.
Really love the visuals of that peacock monster - the way the feathers swish and swoop as he fights. Of course his final form is a bishie. Of course. I aint complaining.

Thankfully there were less "leisure" walking and talking scenes this episode, since those are clearly an afterthought in terms of quality. After the story turned darker, the annoying comedic faces completely stopped, which I appreciate. I was genuinely afraid that the boy would die with that exaggerated "sour" expression he first had when eating that red fruit. It was kind of touching to see he found it sweet in his last moments.

The ending scene showing the brothers and the main girl were really cute. Love the painting style. The context that ending song provided helped give the deaths more emotional weight, which was missing from the actual episode since we only saw them interact for a bit before shit went down.
whitherAug 8, 2020 11:46 PM
Aug 9, 2020 9:19 AM
Mar 2018
Marnige said:
Such a fun/sad episode... Only 1 more episode remaining?!! What a bummer.

There is going to be 3 more episodes but they are taking a break for now. There are only 5 people working on this and they are doing everything...art, animation, sfx, music, compositing etc...
Aug 9, 2020 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
Quite an intense episode! Love the animation.
The ending song is so sad... knowing those scenes can never happen anymore...
Sep 26, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2018
The animation was fantastic, probably better than last episode's.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 16, 2020 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
WTF I barely know this newly-introduced fictional kid (it's tragic but I couldn't care less about the Sixth's son and other kids in the middle of the episode) but Dan's unexpected demise had me wanting to break the TV I was watching this with! Even the sweet scenes in the ED was endearing but at the same time it leaves a bad taste in the mouth like that monk fruit (ok it's not bad, it's just sour) the brothers were sharing because we know it won't happen.

Hot damn, when they went supersaiyan in the end I thought I was not gonna recover from my stiff lower jaw hanging open for a while. LOL

Hmm this was the missing Qilin baby/kid in the opening of the first episode? Oh these people! I think I maybe hating these brothers I was so impressed on the first episode. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 10, 2021 7:14 AM

Feb 2014
Well, damn, that fight was hella impressive.
May 22, 2021 5:24 PM

Apr 2018
Damn they used the beast to make pills, pretty much deserved..
Last ep left..
Sad ending tho, the song makes me sad because of what happend to both brothers and the demon's kid..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 13, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2019
Bird dude out here slaying everyone wow. Then Uncle Liu killed Danzi because of that weird corona type disease thing. It was sad but I didn't have too much attachment, not sure if one could have a lot of attachment tbh. Still, Danzi looked like a great kid. Rip.

Great animation as usual. Xuan really going Super Sayian God out here destroying bird guy. Found that Dragon which I think is the dude he was supposed to look for in the task from Ep 1?? See how this goes.
Aug 19, 2021 10:26 PM
Oct 2019
i guess i'm the only one who doesn't think the animation style is all that special. just not my preference

i guess that thing was the monster's kid that he wanted him to find? what were the pills, this village's version of opium?

are people just rating this highly because of the animation/fights? its a 5 or 6/10 for me
Oct 28, 2021 10:13 PM

Nov 2013
the tone completely shifted from last episode, becoming brutally dark and i'm all for it. xuan vs the peacock demon's final form is probably my favorite animated fight scene of all time. sakuga heaven with the sound effects elevating it to new heights.

i was skeptical after watching the first episode, but this one knocked it out of the park.

May 20, 2022 8:58 PM

Mar 2010
Well that sucks!! LOTS of deaths this episode. Really epic fights, I wonder how monsters are turned.
Dec 18, 2022 9:21 AM
Jul 2021
A true master class in animation! What a breathtaking episode!
Jan 2, 11:31 AM

Feb 2018
Wow this fight was crazy! Sucks for the guy losing his younger bro and the 6th killing his own son =(
Jan 10, 1:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
holy f*cking sh*t. what else to say

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 30, 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
good ep but again not sure I'm that invested in the overarching plot, but defo enough to jump into the last ep of this entry, we'll see about the sequel after the next ep
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wu Shan Wu Xing Episode 1 Discussion

Xealias - Jul 26, 2020

25 by Ngpdreamteam2k4 »»
Apr 6, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Wu Shan Wu Xing Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 9, 2020

26 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 30, 11:06 PM

» This Anime is so underrated.

Cursed-World - Jul 25, 2023

10 by Carmelodube »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:32 AM

» New PV

ExcelDog - Apr 13, 2023

1 by Alek0 »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:17 AM

» Anime fight like this

Fake_World - May 26, 2022

6 by mikeyice404 »»
Mar 16, 2023 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.