Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 27, 2020 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
this show is way too rushed. kills the story. it looks pretty and seems like it could have been good, but the pacing is honestly kinda garbage. which sucks
Scream!
Jul 27, 2020 11:08 PM

Jul 2020
Overall this episode was alright. Mira's marriage was relatively boring and predictable but the bit with Daewi at the end mostly made up for it. Can't wait for next weeks episode!
Jul 27, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2020
Didn't like the Episode.

Mira was established as someone who lives for her familiy's "Moon Light Sword Style" ...
Kinda ruined her Character for me that the Anime makes her just suddenly *forget* all that , as long as the Style is known.

That's literally not what she was all about the past 3 Episodes. The entire reason for her beein in the GOH in the first place is just cast away for some forced Drama.

Also, why are Mira, Daewi and Mori such great friends again? ... Cause they cought some robber together the other day? ... Is that enough to crash someones wedding? xD

The Ending would have actually shocked me, if I was like invested in their friendship. But them having seemingly no connection (besides hating robbery and fighting in the GOH) ...makes it feel so random and rushed.

...Maybe that's Anime only. But this episode really was a let down for me.
Jul 27, 2020 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, screw the other filler participants. Let's go straight to the semifinals... well, kinda. First we have to set a sub-plot with one of our protagonists getting married for characterization purposes in the most random way possible.

Honestly, it's always welcome to know more about the protagonists' backgrounds and stuff but Mira almost getting married felt too abrupt, rushed and uninteresting for me to care. Not to mention also that prioritising her random wedding over Daewi losing his freaking friend/relative was absolutely disappointing.

But damn, Daewi totally lost his cool and pretty much, his entire reason to fight now that his friend is dead. And unfortunately, Mira had to receive the worst part at the end... I mean, it was a fight and all you want but going directly for the stitches was such a dirty move from Daewi. ESPECIALLY from him.

This said, it seems next week will be time for Mori to "help" his friend come back to his senses... by beating the living shit out of him, of course.
P.S.: Okay, complains aside, I gotta say Mira looks absolutely breathtaking as a bride. It's a shame this sight appeared in such mediocre episode tho.
SouthRzVaAug 4, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 27, 2020 11:30 PM

May 2017
Really good episode. I mean it felt a bit strange somehow, but more character development and less fighting was exactly what the show needed. Still a bit rushed though.
Jul 27, 2020 11:37 PM
May 2020
Overall a fine episode.

The concept of marriage was still a bit disordered but we can make peace with it. Jin and Dwaei wedding entry was cool AF. Mira realising what the Moon light sword meant for her was emotional.
Dwaei friend deteriorating health was hard for him and for us too. The ending was harsh but good.

For those who are saying that this episode is garbage, you need to understand that not every episode can be equally impactful. Sometimes there are episodes shich are just meant to progress storylines and character development.
Jul 27, 2020 11:59 PM

Sep 2019
It seems like the writers are having a competition wherein each week they accelerate the pacing of the airing episode, and see how long it takes for the audience to no longer be able to follow the narrative what so ever. Decent animation, but a sparkly rhinestone is still not worth jack shit. Please just make a tournament arc of kids fighting each other like the fucking end of the Chunin Exam so we can just lay back and get some good ol fashioned fighting anime.
Jul 28, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2019
Damn, Daewi's beatdown over Mira hit even harder because of that post-credit snippet; it really puts his suffering into perspective.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 28, 2020 12:07 AM

Mar 2014
all the wedding scene felt like a filler. And the end didn't make sense
Jul 28, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2020
I am really in to this Anime
Jul 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Oct 2015
what happens in 1/5 2/5 vote lol, is this episode really that bad ?
Jul 28, 2020 12:35 AM
Feb 2016
It was just out of nowhere..I don't read the manwha or idk wtf is this adapted from, this just felt like side story...and then dawei or what dude, acts like that and ep ends, but that was, uhh damn why did it end there...hope there will be awesome clash betn the two guys...Also seeing mira like that was saddening...
Jul 28, 2020 12:46 AM
Dec 2018
Such a roller coaster episode :"""(
Jul 28, 2020 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
Tbh this episode felt a bit off and anticlimatic
Jul 28, 2020 1:41 AM

Aug 2019
Shit went bad real quick
Jul 28, 2020 1:55 AM

Jun 2019
Ngl felt pretty rushed episode. Mira was looking so beautiful.
And Damn she got destroyed at the end.
Jul 28, 2020 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
This whole marriage stuff felt like unnecessary filler, but then the last few minutes.
Looks like Mira won't be able to have children.

Jul 28, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2010
Was that Rie Kugimiya as the little sister of Mira?? hmm....
Haven't heard her voice in a long time.

Lots of things happened in this episode lol.
That fight at the end though. I hope they expand on it next episode.
Jul 28, 2020 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
Felt like i was watching a chinese anime episode suddenly.
Bad taste all over this one.
Jul 28, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2018
I hope this rushing thing and skipping doesn't happen to AOT it doesn't matter how much amazing the animation is the story doesn't feel authentic and connected.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jul 28, 2020 4:09 AM

Sep 2019
dahm this is a fast paced ep
Jul 28, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2020
Pacing was all over the place, plus the marriage thing seemed forced in. Not gonna lie, Daewi pounding Mira's wound was my favourite moment in there though
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 28, 2020 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
guess I'll read the webcomic after finishing the anime - the pacing was ... interesting lmao
a whole marriage subplot wrapped up in like 10 minutes with some hyperspeed drama at the end ... I guess?
Jul 28, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2018
To sum up this episode: Discount Goku and his friend rescue discount Nami from bad Stand user. Smh.
Jul 28, 2020 4:55 AM

Mar 2018
BlufaceBaby said:
lmaoooo jesus christ what the fuck was this garbage. They need to stop adapting these generic ass manhwas and then rushing the fuck outta them to the point where the shit just becomes unwatchable.

This new wave is most definitely not it.

People might call you a gatekeeper who doesn't want korean stuff in anime, but let me tell you that you are not wrong.
Jul 28, 2020 4:55 AM
Feb 2020
I can tell without reading the webtoon why this is getting a lot of hate. The pacing is completely jacked. Last episode we were fighting one of the director guy's lackeys which got a little out of hand then this episode its like it never happened. Characters are developed without any context, when did these people become so close in 4 episodes? Why did the marriage fight scene end so lamely, literally a full episode worth of build up then ends the fight in like 2 seconds with sword style 6. Why couldnt Jin use his fighting skills on those bodyguards but Daewi could? Also my biggest question, why does no one seem to recognize these people when they are literally in the finals. Those cliche thugs didnt recognize Daewi when he was literally in the semi finals, those bodyguards or purple hair dude didnt recognize Jin when he literally has to be the most popular contestant considering hes obviously the strongest. Mira got cut but lets act like that didnt happen i mean i know they have that fast healing stuff but still. Also i really dont like Mira's character design, maybe its just me but shes kinda a bad looking character...not that animes shouldnt have bad looking characters but not one with no development.
Jul 28, 2020 4:59 AM
Feb 2020
DespoAMV said:
guess I'll read the webcomic after finishing the anime - the pacing was ... interesting lmao
a whole marriage subplot wrapped up in like 10 minutes with some hyperspeed drama at the end ... I guess?

yeah its like a puzzle with missing pieces. Literally i dont even know what tf is going on at this point. How do people not recognize them, what was even the point in including the marriage arc thing, what the f happened between eps 3 and 4? Why are they so friendly when the only development we've gotten was in ep 1? Cool fights but pacing ruins it..
Jul 28, 2020 5:25 AM

Mar 2018
Tower of God doesn't seem all that bad now. This is some bullet train speed pacing.
Jul 28, 2020 5:50 AM

Oct 2016
Haven't read the manhwa but boi that felt rushed to hell, everything flowed so weirdly with some awkward cuts here and there. And that marriage plot came outta nowhere, and that blue haired guy was hyped to be like the administrators because of that stand like power but he got one shotted by Mira. That felt really weird to me.

Though that Daewi moment at the end there kinda made up for this episodes shortcomings, I actually felt sad by that and to add to the wound is that little post credit scene. Overall this was definitely the weakest episode so far.
Jul 28, 2020 6:28 AM

Mar 2018
Tower of God doesn't seem all that bad now. This is some bullet train speed pacing.
Jul 28, 2020 6:33 AM

Mar 2018
Notifications said:
I can tell without reading the webtoon why this is getting a lot of hate. The pacing is completely jacked. Last episode we were fighting one of the director guy's lackeys which got a little out of hand then this episode its like it never happened. Characters are developed without any context, when did these people become so close in 4 episodes? Why did the marriage fight scene end so lamely, literally a full episode worth of build up then ends the fight in like 2 seconds with sword style 6. Why couldnt Jin use his fighting skills on those bodyguards but Daewi could? Also my biggest question, why does no one seem to recognize these people when they are literally in the finals. Those cliche thugs didnt recognize Daewi when he was literally in the semi finals, those bodyguards or purple hair dude didnt recognize Jin when he literally has to be the most popular contestant considering hes obviously the strongest. Mira got cut but lets act like that didnt happen i mean i know they have that fast healing stuff but still. Also i really dont like Mira's character design, maybe its just me but shes kinda a bad looking character...not that animes shouldnt have bad looking characters but not one with no development.

Also, how Jin nearly died but he doesn't even think about it. Lol. But that's previous episode stuff. Still. Lol.
Jul 28, 2020 7:16 AM
Nov 2017
OK, not a mahwa reader, but this episode felt too much rushed. You can't just jump from happily dancing around with girl you just saved to beating her so much she is bleeding on the floor in span of 2 minutes xD
Jul 28, 2020 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
The pacing and introduction of story points in this episode was inexcusably bad. I refuse to believe anyone can defend it. I'm all for mindless fun shows, but this episode was really, really bad. As if the marriage subplot wasn't handled poorly enough, the last few minutes with Daewi's friend dying or whatever felt like they really didn't belong in the same episode.

I'd like to think I haven't got to the point of becoming one of those cynical anime fans who hates all new stuff, but this show is shaping up to be really quite bad. I understand it has a devout following, which is why its score is currently sat at 8+, but I honestly think it's pretty bad...
Ah well, lets hope it can get better from here on out.
Jul 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2018
This episode was kinda different from the others, they are trying to make us feel empathy for the characters but we only had 4 episodes so far.

Also, Daewi wasn't going easy on Yu Mira huh, let's see what happens on the finals.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 28, 2020 10:08 AM
Apr 2020
WTF am i watching get me out of this crap (DROPPED)
Jul 28, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
I hope this anime don't become a jojo copy
Jul 28, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2019
Wtf was this episode!? The wedding thing was so sudden and random, it totally came out of nowhere. And the pacing in this was horrendous. It was so bad I was actually laughing at the sheer stupidity of the plot presented. And then the jarring tonal shift in the end with Mira and Daewi's fight shown in mere seconds just made it even worse.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 28, 2020 11:07 AM
Feb 2019
Gosh this was rushed, and is such a shame, because I'm really interested in the series and love the artsyle and animation. This episode was so random, I wish it would happen a little later in the series so that the connection and friendship between characters could be more real and natural. Idk.
But I actually liked Mira's backstory and she looked really cute with make-up and the dress.
Jul 28, 2020 11:58 AM

Aug 2015
Well, Mira almost got married to that CEO who apparently is a part of the mysterious clut. Glad she had Daewi and Jin to help her realise what she actually wanted but unfortunately looks like the mysterious clut has gotten the sword, wonder what they are going to do with it.

It was sad to see Daewi's friend get worse which changed his personality quite a bit. And that fight between him and Mira was too hard to watch. Even Jin was surprised by it. Wonder what will happen between their fight.
Jul 28, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2020
The pacing in this anime sucks so bad. They basically crammed a whole character arc for Mira into one episode. And they only used a couple of flashbacks to tell her story. I also have no idea how time flows in this show. Did Mira and the guy get married in like 2 days?

I felt that exploring Daewis emotions and the death of his friend/brother? would have merited at least an episode. Although we might get some flashbacks to tell his whole life story and conclude his arc next episode, right?

The worst thing about this anime so far is that I don't believe in the main trios friendship. They've talked what 3 or 4 times in the show? And and the MC somehow knows Mira's personality and is able to determine based on those short talks if she should get married or not. I don't buy it.

There wasn't even anything interesting to look at this episode. On episode 3 I thought that the show lacked any substance in the story, but at least the fights were fun to look at. This time there wasn't even that. Very disappointed in this episode.
Jul 28, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2011
This is a complete dumpster fire.

I'm not sure if this is a source material problem or an adaptation problem (I am guessing it's a rushed adaptation of a bad story), but this was the most hackneyed, lazy backstory I've seen in ages.

The back story felt like a bullet point summary of the plot points, and the story of the episode was so redundant. In an anime where clearly pacing has an issue, should it really be spending it's time on a shitty b-plot where we all know exactly how it will play out. What would be lost if this was skipped? Character development? You spend one episode doubting yourself for a bit, but then you get an encouraging pep talk and you get your confidence back!

I feel like this is what you have when you want to write a story about fighting, but then get told you need to have some characterization, so you through in the bare bones of some sad backstory that you saw somewhere else. If the attempts to humanise these characters is that shallow and trite, why bother at all?
Jul 28, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2014
I liked it it.. But that was rushed AF

Jul 28, 2020 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
This was once again all over the place. Four episodes in and they still explained nothing of what is going on.

This episode spend all this time talking about some weird marriage, then culminating in a fight with a giant stand that is over in 2 seconds. No questions asked about any of this? Okay, I don't think this show will improve.
Jul 28, 2020 3:44 PM
Jan 2020
the intro to the plot was a little jarring but I still really like this series. Never read the webtoon but from what I heard the plot isnt the best but fine, so while this was a very stereotypical episode for a shounen series, i still have to give credit to this anime for having such strong visual and audio production. Is what really makes this series great to watch. Not a unique story but the action is well executed.
Jul 28, 2020 4:20 PM

Oct 2015
It's pretty annoying how contrived the storytelling is on this anime, even in ToG, I really hope this isn't a trend for manhwa/adaptations moving forward, guess the fights really are the only ones to look forward too huh?
Jul 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
Wtf was this episode lol
Jul 28, 2020 4:56 PM

Nov 2011
I felt like this was the worst episode Yet.

First Mira basically doing everything she can for the Sword style she inherited just for her to get married off is the most cliche shit ever. She is portrayed as someone who has strong beliefs but apparently she doesn't. ADD IN THE FACT this girl literally slapped Jin for losing her Sword in the River and when a CLEAR Villain drives off with it she goes "It's okay" WHAT? FUCKING WHAT?!! Honestly that kinda brought my views on her way down.

Then you have a chance to have a cool fight between Daewi and Mira only for it to be clearly one sided and not even entertaining. The dude had no remorse for what he did either. That brought my interest in him down a lot as well.

This anime went from a goofy action anime to cliche bullshit IMO. It better come back strong next week or it's a hot drop for me.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 28, 2020 5:11 PM

Apr 2016
Man this anime sucks so bad. Felt like episode 23, but it's episode 4 and we have no context to what even happened. What a terrible anime.
Jul 28, 2020 5:16 PM

Apr 2013
1/5 this goes up there for me with some of the worst episodes of anime I've watched. The pace is ridiculous.

They hit us with a marriage out of the blue with characters we barely care for, introduce the power of friendship between people that have known each other for like 3 days, cram a bunch of info dump through flashbacks with some of the worst direction for coherence I've seen in quite some time. Then they kill the sole reason why one of the MC is participating in this tournament and end the episode with the end of a slaughter between 2 characters that were super good friends 2 scenes before. This was legit painful to watch.
Jul 28, 2020 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
Prog_upworks13 said:
what happens in 1/5 2/5 vote lol, is this episode really that bad ?
It most definitely is for this episode singularly. Take aside the art and animation and you have an absolutely dry episode with an horrible side plot rushed to oblivion. Nothing that you will remember extensively a few days from now. I know we're going to get an explication for these stand-like powers at some point but I legitimately have no interest for them either.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

489 by vladyatsuk »»
May 12, 5:07 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 10, 2020

173 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
May 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bcra - Aug 3, 2020

239 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 29, 7:21 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

287 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.