Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2020 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, the chapters we thought they were going to adapt was spot on but we didn't expect them to put the balloon chapter last. And lo and behold they fucking nailed it, I really hope we get a season 3 (or more) because it just gets better and it deserves to be completely adapted.

Anyways 11/10 this is definitely my favorite series period.
Jun 27, 2020 5:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode for Kaguya. It really shows how far she's come up to this point. She was once a cold and uncaring person, but now she's surrounded by friends she cares about. The uploading of pictures to a group chat was a great representation of how her friends also care about the memories they've shared, which ultimately makes the group stronger and closer for it.

Overall, I found this to be weaker than the first season. The first season was sharp, witty, and the situations were completely ridiculous in the best ways. The main draw of the show, "love and war", was used perfectly. This season felt slow and sloggy. Jokes weren't nearly as funny and I just don't see it as a comedy masterpiece like the community thinks it is. While there was some nice character development for Kaguya and Ishigami, I just found this season to be lacking. There were still some fun situations and of course I laughed a number of times, I would hope season 3 can improve on the comedy and make it a more interesting show to watch.

7/10
Jun 27, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2015
Brilliant episode to close off another amazing season!

That principal was amazing to watch, those photo sessions were pretty amazing, especially when Miyuki and Chika had to pose as GF & BF XD

Hayasaka being a tech nerd was nice to see again! To see her get excited over 5G and 4K shit was super adorable!!

Also those tears of Kaguya T_T Photo's are very precious!

One silly Chika game of pumping to finish of the season in style, that was just amazing!! We got some nice Chika physics and some nice flashbacks that in the end didn't do shit XD Funniest one was of Ishigami who had ofcourse undergone some serious development, but even that couldn't save him from the terror of the pumped up balloon!!

Overall, well what can I say... no words needed really...
10/10, a Masterpiece

Now please give us a season 3!!
Jun 27, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
Honestly a more ok episode this time. Balloon part was the highlight of the episode for me. They way they averted expectations and tropes in that scene was hilarious.

Time to check out the manga!
Jun 27, 2020 6:21 PM

Dec 2015
Dude, it seems it was yesterday when I was thinking to myself: "Could Season 2 live up to the hype?". Season 1 was fucking amazing, but it was also a slow burn until greatness. So my main concern is that maybe the last half of Season 1 wasn't a representative of the series quality, and that it would go back to be only a good show on S2.

Right after the first episode, my concerns disappeared. The first half of the show was probably even funnier than last Season, one episode being more hilarious than the other. And when Lino emotional episode aired, I could see this Season had the potential of being something special. After Ishigami's episode the potential become reality. Easily my favorite comedy show of any media. 9/10 and added to my favorites!

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the second half had 1-2 episodes that weren't as good as they could've been, so I won't give it a 10/10. But this series definitely showed the strength needed for me to give this rate (as you can see, I only give a 10/10 when a show completely deserves this score).
BetterTasteJun 27, 2020 8:05 PM
Jun 27, 2020 6:28 PM

Nov 2015
All things come to an end.. But man waiting for S3 is going to be difficult. Props to A1 for nailing this down. Everything, inluding the heart and soul was put into this show. Hopefully we could get a 24 ep S3, i'd think the manga readers would like that too.

The war continues

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jun 27, 2020 6:37 PM
Feb 2018
A bit of a disappointment for a finale as most of the previous episodes were great.

I can't rate it a 9 and will go for a 8 because of that final episode that stopped the great flow the show had.
Jun 27, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2015
Kaguya-sama is peak romcom and I will not be convinced otherwise. A-1 absolutely blew it out of the park with this season and I really hope they'll continue adapting it since S3 would include what I consider to be the best arc of the series so far. 9/10

Jun 27, 2020 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
Kaguya was a saving grace in what was a pretty dead season due to the issues going on in the world, it was more kaguya with the needed character development so not much you need to say about that it was very good and mostly wholsome/funny ,drama really didn't land with me as much as a lot of people but by romcom standards it was decently done and showcases that kaguya can be a bit more than funny.

will gladly watch S3 i can't see it not happening

flat8/10 all the VA mainly Koga, Aoi did outstanding job

the highs of this season were great but if i had to choice i'd pick Season 1 due to the novelty of it all
Jun 27, 2020 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
Its a nice and fun ending... It shows about how close the SC are. Plus Pictures... Love that group picture...
Jun 27, 2020 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Mediocre ending. I think that I'm in the minority of people that prefered season 1; not as much comedy this season and more emotional backstories which I personally wasn't a fan of.

6/10
Jun 27, 2020 7:30 PM

Apr 2020
Kaguya seems depressed. Awww, she's rude to Hayasaka :<. President on the rescueee. I like how they end it. Geezz. No plot development, but more on character development. Ienjoyed it really. I think I'll give it 10/10.
Jun 27, 2020 7:32 PM

Sep 2019
Ishigamis hair looks cool lmao
Jun 27, 2020 7:53 PM

Feb 2019
It's the final episode of the second season!

Always gets me real sad every time I see how Kaguya is saddened by losing things most people take granted for. Like the fireworks last season, Kaguya's upbringing in the Shinomiya family has put a sort of barrier between her and normal high schoolers. Brought tears to my eyes when Kaguya started crying. Glad it all ended on a high note! (I mean, I did read the manga, but to see it animated is awesome!)

So they decided to end on the balloon chapter. Not what I expected, but still hilarious showing how they basically throw away their principles and morals for the sake of not having the balloon explode in their faces lol

Ishigami's arc seemingly being useless, Miyuki completely disregarding Papa Shirogane's advice, and Chika using Miko's admiration of her to manipulate her into pumping so many times, the criticism of the others, and yet them joining too... all were hilarious!

What a colourful and fun ending scene with the OP playing. Really loved it, especially how all the characters flew by. Definitely a unique end credits!

Glad to see the picture they took put in as the last scene in the episode, with Kaguya smiling so wide in a picture with everybody.

And then they ask the question, hidden in the asphalt/concrete on the right:

CONTINUE?
YES
NO

A DEFINITE YES! This second season was even better than the first season in almost every aspect. Storytelling, visuals (especially how the scenes and visualisation upped the comedy!), voice acting (kudos especially to Kaguya's VA), music, the narration, and more! I might go so far as declaring this one of the animes I consider a modern masterpiece, hopefully something the anime community will look back on as an influential (remains to be seen) and high quality (already seen) anime! I can't wait for a third season. And with how well this was received, I think we're bound to get that soon!

Not sure how to rate this yet, either a 9 or a 10. I'm leaning towards a 10. And I can't decide if this is my Anime of the Season, or is it Kakushigoto...

But I had so much fun watching this. Time to wait for season 3!
Jun 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Apr 2014
Rip flip phone, but that introduced a whole new world for Kaguya. That balloon pumping ending was really good!
Jun 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Aug 2018
The wait for season 3 begins
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Jun 27, 2020 8:25 PM
Apr 2019
LMAO AOHARUKAYO

People please listen to radio if you can.. nice reference...
Jun 27, 2020 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was basically a smartphone commercial. Smartphones are the future. Backup your files on cloud and wherever else.

This season was 8/10 for me. One of the best series that I saw this season and this year so far, even though it's a continuation of a running series.
臭い-
Jun 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Sep 2019
Tbh, that was a really underwhelming ending. I really hoped it would be something with more emotional resonance, but they kinda just went with one of the game/activity chapters that was pretty boring. Despite the Ishigami arc, I'm gonna have to say that I liked the first season better. The second season is fun, but reuses a lot of the same type of events, and they aren't as original this time around because we've already seen them.

Hopefully we get a 3rd season though. The next 30-40 chapters are definitely the best of the entire manga, and it would be amazing to have them adapted.
Jun 27, 2020 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
They somehow surpassed the amazing season 1.
Such a beautiful moment for (best girl) Kaguya with her memories of her cell phone, and her opening up to her friends.

And that balloon scene was comedy gold. The ending was amazingly done, with the great OP.

Season 3 has to be a given.
Jun 27, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2019
fucking amazing, what an absolute joyride of an anime to watch. I do not think words on this earth could describe how much of an absolute joy it was to be able to watch this anime especially since covid delayed a majority of big name animes that were supposes to be airing, but the people at A-1 really pulled through and thank fuck, i probably would have lost my sanity scrolling through my watch list for hours to find something to watch.

Season 2 feels like A-1 Studios took the entirety of season 1 and just installed a full upgrade core into it, everything felt like just a massive 1-up. The story even though being a continuation, felt 1000% more gripping and had me dying for the next episode, the comedy and humour was really fucking good in my opinion, i lost my sides a fair few times (especially this final episode, dear LORD the balloon scene had me screaming.) with scenes such as Iino walking in at the wrong time, Shinomiya's absolute critical weakness to being called a couple with Shirogane or the memes that were farmed from this anime, were all just fucking absolute gold. The anime didn't shy away from using real life references and jokes. They developed all the characters more this season, making them all more love able and just overall improved this anime from season 1. I mean even the fucking music had me jamming more then season 1's.

Although this anime can be comedy perfection at times, it does an amazing job at introducing/developing new or already excising characters. Iino's arc was an absolute blast, right of the bat they do a great job at who she is, the complexity of her character and why she'll become part of the council. They envelope her character more with hinting at the connection she has with Ishigami that so smoothly went into his background arc.

Since Hayasaka appeared in season 1, i was really interested in her character and wanted to know way more on her character (i basically fucking headbutted the waifu button when i saw her). And hey fucking hey Christmas came early, the Hayasaka arc was a fucking blessing. Not just from how unbelievably cute she actually is, or the fact she can do so many personalities it's kinda concerning, but from how much more detail we get from her character, why she's Shinomiya's personal maid, why she's suppose to care so much and we really just overall dive deeper into their relationship. Honestly the anime overall treated her extremely well with screen time and such, thank you A-1.

Now for the fucking man the myth the legend. Ishigami. Words cannot express how amazed i was when i saw his arc. When this anime wants to be jokey, it can do it well. But when this anime wants to show us a serious, depressing, traumatic, outright 500 paged award winning novel on the background for a single, most deserving character in the series. They fucking nail it. Thats what i thought about ishigami's arc. I first thought the dude was just the average depressed edgy guy, who stays up late playing games because that one time a girl rejected him. But i was more wrong then ever, his entire background was just pure sadness and pain. A-1 really did my heart to pieces with it, i won't lie i was in tears watching it for the first time. Just the whole premise, what he did and how it backfired and the fucking hate he got that would stick with him forever and is what made him into who he is now is just, fuck. Shits strong.

There's probably 100 other things i probably like about this season, but i don't really wanna be writing an essay so i highlighted my favourite parts.
All in all 10/10 season. Absolutely fucking amazing continuation to season 1 and i'm happy i could watch this when it aired.
Thank you so much A-1 for this amazing anime <3 high hopes for season 3!
Code0018Jul 21, 2022 1:22 PM
Jun 27, 2020 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
Yes! I was wondering when Kaguya would change her old cell phone. Now she and Miyuki will be able to text each other even out of school hours. One of them still needs to muster the courage tho.

Quite solid final episode. It was a great idea to start off with a "dramatic" yet sweet first segment to finally conclude things with a funnier and more bombastic one. All being thanks to our mistress of chaos, Chika. Particularly and leaving aside the wholesome moments with Kaguya getting that group photo, the scenes with Miyuki and Ishigami getting all excited about the "pump game" at the beginning only because it sounded dirty and Miyuki suddenly remembering Papa Dio's manly words only to ignore them in the end gave me some really good laughs xD

And also, Hayasaka getting all nerdy with the new smartphones was a very cute sight, by the way.

This said, it was a spectacular second season overall. On par and even superior to the first one. Directing remained stronger than ever, voice acting was superb and the drama aspects regarding Ishigami and Iino's backgrounds were executed perfectly.

9/10 - Contender for AOTY and please, PLEASE confirm that third season already!
SouthRzVaJun 27, 2020 9:09 PM
Jun 27, 2020 9:10 PM

Apr 2020
You guys out here waiting for season 3 announcement, I'm out her here waiting for season 4 announcement
Jun 27, 2020 9:18 PM

Mar 2018
I have nothing against this but I enjoyed season 1 more, maybe the comedy wasn't as good or it wasn't my thing. I'll give it a 5/10...
Jun 27, 2020 9:31 PM

Feb 2019
This episode was amazing. Hopefully there's a season 3
Jun 27, 2020 9:32 PM

May 2020
That was an amazing ending for one of the best seasons I've seen, although I found it kinda weird to end the show with the baloon one rather than the cellphone one, I think the ending should've have more of a emotional impact on the viewer rather than what we got from, but it's not to say the baloon one wasn't funny, it was hella funny. I'm already on hype for the 3rd Season.
Jun 27, 2020 9:33 PM
Oct 2017
Never would have thought they end the season with the balloon chapter.

Was expecting piano ver of "Sentimental Crisis" would play during the flip phone drop sequence and "Kaze Ni Fukarete" when Shirogane invited everyone in the SC group.

Nevertheless, it's a great and creative ending. Guess they have done that to have a proper transition to S3 *fingerscrossed*

Solid 9/10
Jun 27, 2020 9:39 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
An amazing season of Kaguya-sama: Love is War just finished. I really loved this season, and the Ishigami Arc was wonderful.

This final episode was pretty wholesome, with the part where the student council was able to get all their pictures together and now Kaguya can access them whenever she wants. Also, the last bit which is a reference to season one’s OP was great.
Jun 27, 2020 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
Hahahaha after this episode, it is clear Miko knows a lot more than her appearance seems to show, kinky girl

Aw man, this show really throws me off in good way. After E11, I was all teary because of Ishigami, but then E12 broke the 4th wall in an epic way and made fun of the Sports Festival Arc. Yes, Ishigami acknowledges he changed a bit but he is still the same Ishigami we all love.

Chika is still the chaos factor of the show and Shirogane and Kaguya are still the same lovey dovey potential couple we would love to see together one day.

Considering Season 1 ended in March 2019 and the announcement for Season 2 was done 6 and half months later, I hope we get some news within the next 6 months... that is, if the current global situation doesn't affect Japan any worse. Really want to see this series to get animated all the way til the end.
Jun 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Apr 2013
what the heck was in the balloon and what the heck happened to their moon?! Lmao.

Jokes aside its this has been a very entertaining and apparently heardwarming series.

The ratings are insanely high though wow. O.O
Jun 27, 2020 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
There's something darkly humorous about this scene.

Jun 27, 2020 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
My heart fucking shattered when Kaguya dropped her phone. Then the tears when she was crying. omg I was so upset.

Then Hayasaka getting excited in the Phone store was super adorable followed by nothing but good times after that.

The balloon scene had me laughing so freaking hard.

That Group photo at the end <3

SEASON 3 NOW PLEASE 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 27, 2020 10:04 PM

Mar 2018
Ahh, ending reminded me of the first opening. Hope it'll get a season 3! I have no doubts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2020 10:21 PM
Nov 2010
You ever been disappointed when something is actually better than you wanted it to be?
Jun 27, 2020 10:22 PM
Feb 2020
It was a fun watch. I hope there will be a season 3
Jun 27, 2020 10:42 PM
Feb 2020
HOW SHIROGANE AND ISHIGAMI THOUGHT OF THE PUMPING GAME AS PERVY!! BIIISH SAAME!!! The first half pf the episode was just a big AWWWHHHHHHH moment and now that the season is over, I NEED A SEASON 3!!! Anyone who doesn't like this anime asn't given it a fair shot and stopped after S1 E1, Or didn't watch it at all. I LOVE this anime. I just wanna see up to the confessions thoooooo!! Without reading the manga.
Jun 27, 2020 10:49 PM
Sep 2016
vireshd05 said:
can anyone explain what shirogane and ishigami thought about pump pump game ??

Chika uses the word "shiko shiko" which may also be interpreted as "m*st*rbating", hence Iino's reaction (since she is lewd-minded). Just a little bit of shimoneta there.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 27, 2020 11:13 PM

Sep 2017
great finale of a season, although i prefer chapter 101 as the ending scene...

iino was so goddamn cute with her hair loose like that

well shirogane and ishigami carried this season

8.5 to 9/10
Jun 27, 2020 11:43 PM
Jan 2019
After the grand and emotional episode 11.. this episode felt a little bland for final eps (but was crying when kaguya was sad about the flip phone).
I would still watch season 3 i wish it come soon
Jun 27, 2020 11:58 PM

Aug 2013
I was gonna give it a 9 since they did cut some stuff that I would have liked to see but that ending sequence was so cute that I guess it can get a 10 overall. Peak adaptation.
Jun 28, 2020 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Could be better but i will accept igXD
(best episodes=ishigami episodes)
Jun 28, 2020 12:24 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Season 1 was one of the best new shows to come out. I usually stay faaaaar away from romcoms but I actually really loved the first season.

To my total surprise I think season 2 was actually even better. They have really refined the formula and all the characters just bounce off each other so well.

The humour is hilarious, the sweet moments are heart-warming, when an anime can get me to laugh and cry in the same episode and leave me with a fuzzy feeling in my heart it really is amazing.

Heres hoping for a season 3. Hopefully with more Hayasaka, she's so amazing!
Jun 28, 2020 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
The part that showed a complete flashback of Miyuki’s past followed by him completely disregarding his father's advice was hilarious. I’ve never seen an anime do something like that before. Another reason why this series is 10/10 comedy gold.
Jun 28, 2020 2:11 AM
Jun 2020
One of the best anime I've ever watched. The characters are amazing, the comedy is on point, overall this anime is an emotional rollercoaster. I hope they will announce season 2 sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I'll patiently wait.
Jun 28, 2020 2:17 AM

Jan 2020
Miko Iino looks cuter with her hair untied. She kinda looks like cold kaguya imo. Finally glad to see the smile on her face this episode.

Sad to see this series coming to and end, what a joyful ride especially the last 3 episodes.

Special thanks to Koga Aoi for her amazing performance voicing Kaguya.
Looking foward for Season 3.
Jun 28, 2020 2:17 AM
Mar 2017
-Stray said:
Yoooooo that finaleeee!
I was almost pissed they skipped showing the group pict they took but they literally saved it for the last shot! Brilliant!
The people involved in making this, the writting and directing, voice acting and animation are so way above what the normal romcom gets, how they put in between actions of certain characters shows how they understand them so well and not just doing this for advertisement. Definitely an anime that hightens up the experience for manga readers and an amazing treat for anime only.
Also that last part... Iceguya foreshadow for season 3? Because at this point Im 99% sure we are getting a season 3.

Overall way more fun and emotional than season 1 due to the chapters adapted but ofc both seasons were showered with love from the staff.
9001/10!
Season 3 come on!
What Foreshadowing? I missed it, can you explain?
Jun 28, 2020 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
Iino was cute with that hair.

I was worried that this season won't be able to surpass the first season but no, it was better. A solid 9/10 for me.

Now I want a third season. Hopefully the wait will be not that long. I believe the anime is around 10th volume and the the 19th voulme was just released.
Jun 28, 2020 4:09 AM

Apr 2018
This season was alot enjoyable as compare to S1 but I am not fan of drama parts in this show. For me, best part about this show is comedy and I enjoyed most of the episodes becuz of great comedy however, when show gets serious I lost interest in it for some reason same with this last ep. Anyway, still its 8.5/10 becuz of great direction, Voice Acting, and comedy
Great season I am looking forward to S3
Jun 28, 2020 4:15 AM
Aug 2019
Just like that, the end went out like a bang.
That was great.
I really enjoyed this season hoping for a season 3.

Jun 28, 2020 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
A really strange choice for the final chapter to adapt, but still a funny ending all the same after the sweetness of Kaguya getting all the new photos.

Season 1 was already an excellent adaptation and excellent show in its own right, but season 2 has gone above and beyond it in almost every way. Time and time again it bettered itself, and the move into some of the stronger manga material really helped the series showcase its ability to balance the humour and the drama, as well as to gradually change the formula up as the characters evolve and mature. In particular, the Sports Festival was handled with perfection and was an absolute delight to see animated.

I'll be impressed if anything can beat this to AOTY for me, as this was absolutely wonderful. Here's hoping we don't have to wait long for season 3.

10/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.