Forum Settings
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2020 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Lots of dark horses introduced this time around I do wonder how they go against them, and not really surprising that most of the main characters were able to get to the main brackets. I guess the only thing that feels refreshing to me there was the match between Lester and Irene as it was a close fight and could have gone either way.

The draws are pretty interesting too, Saya is against another long range fighter "coincidentally". Should be good. And then Hilda's new power vs. Erenshkigal is also an interesting opener as well, this might be where Orphelia might reveal how she'll implement her Gravisheath's way of usage to its true potential. And I get the feeling that the next round will be the rematch of the previous finals, that would be a cool narrative too.

As for the other side, Julis have the most thorny path in this tournament probably. With her first opposition with the likely 2nd best, and then there's the Dark Knight(yea I'm counting Lester out already), and then Ayato in the semis..... assuming she does indeed pass the first match which I can't really say 100% chance at all. She didn't get much attention this volume at all so maybe that's why she was given the hardest role for the next volume(s) XD.

Also, there's still those Golden alliance scheming in the background, can't be too sure that the script I've written above will go well with these mysterious enemies conspiring around. So far, Claudia and Kirin seems to be doing good at keeping them at bay but who knows how will this goes.
Jun 30, 2020 11:24 PM
Mar 2016
Hello, I just finished reading Volume 13 and I'd say that I can't wait for the next volume to arrive!

First, I'm quite intrigued on how Ayato responded when Minato told him about her dream. I hope both he and Julis find their resolve IF they would be able to overcome their respective opponents. Looking at the big picture, Ayato seem to have the roughest road since he'd be facing that Rodolfo and that Umenokouji (yep I'm counting Noelle out because I don't think she'd be able to overcome that number 3 from Jie Long even if she'd been training under the Ban'yuu Tenra).

The second that I've been looking forward to is Violet Weinberg and Saya's match. I haven't read about it in the novel, but from what I've seen in the anime, Saya and Violet had quite some fight at the pool, when Saya's teaching Kirin how to swim.

Then, there's Lester's growth. The Dark Knight is relatively as vicious as Madiath (just my own opinion) but there's something in me that says Lester can somehow give this guy some trouble.

I can go on and on but I'm afraid I just have to leave it that way. Volume 14 will be released on October so even if it pains me to wait, I have to be patient. I feel like the level of our excitement is somewhat on par, so I'd love to discuss asterisk war with you!

"No matter how far, or how hard it gets, let's keep going!" - Saiba Jouichirou

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jun 28, 2022

3 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:09 PM

» So who does he end up with

goldfishluke - Jul 5, 2023

4 by Narity_ »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:41 AM

» Is Gakusen Toshi Asteris' LN worth reading?

Somuchgamer - Apr 4, 2016

13 by TevishSzat »»
Feb 2, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 12 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jan 29, 2020

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Jan 29, 2020 7:08 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Volume 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 18, 2018

4 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Dec 5, 2019 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.