Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2020 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
Considering the recent trend of old animes getting reboots (aka Fruits Basket, Shaman King, Sakura Clear Card-hen) do you think we could maybe see a new Trigun, maybe even an adaptation of Trigun Maxim? Especially considering the anime has an original ending.

I did read an interview with Nightow where it was said that considering the finality of the ending a second season is unlikely. But a reboot that wouldn't be a continuation of the original anime but rather a faithfull adaptation wouldn't be hindered by that fact, right?

I think Trigun really could use a reboot. The animation is outdated and it didn't age too well as well as the matter of the ending.
Jun 17, 2020 6:17 AM

Sep 2017
It might be a good thing if it's done well

However I feel like the 98 artstyle fits way more to the ambience of the anime
A new, "smoother" version might have less cool vibes
Jun 17, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2018
It would be cool if it did get a remake but I don't think it is likely. We are more likely to see other series remade before this.
_______I like rocks__
Jun 30, 2020 11:02 AM

Aug 2018
Today I've read multiple news that state that the famous Yasuhiro Nightow's Trigun is getting a NEW ANIME.

If it's a reboot or a sequel is unknown. News say that Studio Orange is making the show.

I only read vague news, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

https://somoskudasai.com/noticias/anime/el-manga-trigun-tendra-una-nueva-adaptacion-al-anime/
Jun 30, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2019
PentagramShogoki said:
Today I've read multiple news that state that the famous Yasuhiro Nightow's Trigun is getting a NEW ANIME.

If it's a reboot or a sequel is unknown. News say that Studio Orange is making the show.

https://somoskudasai.com/noticias/anime/el-manga-trigun-tendra-una-nueva-adaptacion-al-anime/

If it's truth, then I hope it's a sequal (Trigun Maximum), not a remake. I just love the version from 1998 way too much and I would be genuinely afraid that the remake would not be as good as the original series.
Jun 30, 2020 7:03 PM

Aug 2018
NamikazeHime said:
PentagramShogoki said:

If it's truth, then I hope it's a sequal (Trigun Maximum), not a remake. I just love the version from 1998 way too much and I would be genuinely afraid that the remake would not be as good as the original series.

I don't know, I like the original Trigun anime, it introduced me into Maximum, and I think Orange might do a good job, like they did with Beastars. Trigun Maximum has so mucho potential, it deserves to be shown like Nightow did. But, again, whatever they do with Trigun, I am interested.
Jun 30, 2020 7:31 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
I know there was more to the manga series if I'm remembering right but I feel like the OG Trigun was pretty open and shut. Plus wasn't the series pretty episodic? Those don't usually do so well in the modern age.
Jul 7, 2020 8:17 PM
Jan 2016

There is no source
Aug 25, 2020 1:36 AM
Nov 2017
Grardox said:

There is no source

Was there ever an update on this? Can't seem to find any news within the last month or two
Aug 25, 2020 9:22 AM
Jan 2016
Ackackack said:
Grardox said:

There is no source

Was there ever an update on this? Can't seem to find any news within the last month or two

There was never a source, someone invented the rumor and some believed it
Sep 10, 2021 8:43 AM

Jul 2019
I have a same hope for this. I would really like if they came up with a remake of trigun that covered trigun maximum. I think a remake of trigun could have a lot of potential (if any exists, lol).
Apr 6, 2022 8:20 PM

Jul 2021
RUMORS as of 2022: one tweet from a person I've relied on (but they're no leaker) stated, "A popular anime from the late 90's is getting a remake!" and they hinted with a gun so Trigun could be one but take it as a grain of salt.
https://twitter.com/_komi03/status/1511732338027372545
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 19, 2022 4:37 PM

Apr 2016
why would we need a remake if it's already a golden. just noope
kupat kecemplung santen menawi lepat nyuwun pangapunten
Apr 19, 2022 4:52 PM

Mar 2019
Oh god I hope so, Trigun and Trigun Maximum deserves better. The anime is a classic for sure, but it didn't age well for me for a lot of reasons... I still kinda like it, but a remake following the manga would be welcome.
Jul 26, 2022 2:12 AM
Apr 2021
GOOD NEWS there’s a new adaptation coming soon but it’s mainly CG and not 2D tho…it still looks pretty cool and I hope they pull it off🀩

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinda disappointed ( 1 2 )

Tomi3b - Apr 5

53 by LotteGiants »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

207 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

77 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

152 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

75 by LotteGiants »»
May 18, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.