Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 14, 2020 2:22 AM
Sep 2019
This episode was REALLY awkward
Jun 14, 2020 2:35 AM

Sep 2019
All i can say is that things didn't go well with Haru. Or rather it never go well at all. Ever since Rikuo found a new job and stopped working at the supermarket. Haru rarely got to meet with him. This episode is painful to watch. Can't Haru get what she deserves at least? She just get cucked like an insignificant pebble on the road. It's almost like she's nothing important in the story. She didn't get much of chance to meet with Rikuo. There was barely any chance she could ever meet with him. And yet when she did get that chance, it has to be one of the worst possible chance she could ever get.

I know Rikuo liked Shinako. He's happy that Shinako can now accept him for a bit. And she eventually let him to stay by her side. That's good and all... but three months passed by and nothing happened. Awesome.

It's been long since the last time i saw Rou. And yet here he comes, acting high and mighty like he's in control of everything.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jun 14, 2020 3:18 AM

May 2020
Shinako is so annoying, shes the only one who wasn't honest. She doesn’t want to tell rou about her relationship and hides behind rikuo’s back when being confronted by Haru. I hate fake people. I can respect Haru,Rou,and Rikuo because at least they said what they all wanted and ran with it no matter how much it hurt in the process

Nathe_KunJun 15, 2020 3:59 PM
Jun 14, 2020 3:22 AM

Mar 2018
I can't stand Rou. He treats Shinako like his possession. Every scene he's in is just painful to watch. The show would've been much better without him.
Jun 14, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
Which episode die Rikuo and the woman from Milk Hall meet for the first time? They seemed to know each other and I don't remember anymore ... thought he didn't visit Milk Hall yet.

Not much progress here. But it looks bad for Rikuo and Shinako. If she couldn't even tell Rou and nothing happened so far ... clearly indicating that she isn't really interested in him.
Jun 14, 2020 4:12 AM
Apr 2012
If I had to choose between Haru and Shinako. I'd choose Shinako.

I'd argue that despite Rikuo chasing after Shinako, he didn't go out of his way to be with her. Just slow burned his way out of friend zone like a hero not only that, but he was atleast in the friend zone to begin with where she wanted to be around him and with him. He never went out of his way to be with Shinako.
Haru chasing after Rikuo is her being his acquaintance and stalking him. Not to mention, EVER since they met, he has been telling her to go away. Only started being friendly because she was always there and he's not an horrible human.

All that being said, I really hate what Shinako did this episode. The "You looked so relieved", hurt me. Honestly, I have to admit I don't see this relationship going anywhere. She's taking very little responsibility for it too. "You're bad with Women..."

Maybe, I mean red hair smoker threw herself at him and he did nothing. Maybe it is his fault, I think Shinako is easy to take advantage of in this situation and he's has a habit of making for the least romantic situations in the world. She did push him away, but that moment wasn't romantic at all. I was like what is he doing going to whisper to her?

Shinako and Rikuos relationship is that way because they're both very docile and have no idea how to work in a relationship. I like the idea of their relationship more than I like their relationship.

Now to the one thing ruining all of it. Her not telling Rou makes zero sense, yes, it'll cause a stir. But it won't make push her away.

I like their relationship due to the last few episodes and at no point did I like Haru/Rikuo. Just a lot of it went down the drain this episode with the whole Rou secret nonsense.
Jun 14, 2020 5:00 AM
Apr 2020
"I don't want anything more of you. I won't expect more, and I won't ask you to make any promises. Just be who you've always been. Just be by my side. That's enough."

YES! Rikuo and Shinako are finally dating, and they've been dating for more or less three months. Poor Haru tho, her story in this anime is full of sadness. And I actually don't mind that Rou found out that Rikuo and Shinako are together, they can now go out for an acquarium date.

And NEXT WEEK WILL BE THE FINAL EPISODE. I'm excited to know how the story will end.

Jun 14, 2020 5:15 AM
Nov 2019
tokidoki921 said:
I can't stand Rou. He treats Shinako like his possession. Every scene he's in is just painful to watch. The show would've been much better without him.

here some of the extras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lc7MdTD1Ho
Jun 14, 2020 5:19 AM
Nov 2019
herrickluk said:
"You just held on to Rikuo this whole time. It's not fair."

I must admit... I really am partial with Haru this episode, Shinako has been keeping Rikuo by a thread ever since his confession and reciprocating only once it was the right timing for her. Surely, she feels guilty of this fact as well, as she literally shrinks away behind Rikuo before Haru can say anything. Her indecisiveness hurts others that care about Rikuo, and it can easily be interpreted as selfishness on her part.

The stairs scene was such a powerful moment for Haru, seeing her trying to congratulate the two of them to the best of her ability, but then right after, her emotions take over and she says what she really meant to say. Haru undoubtedly feels like she got the short end of the straw; no matter how much she thought of their inevitable pairing, in the back of her mind Shinako's indecisiveness was something that she felt would tide Rikuo over to her side. Now she doesn't even have that, and her true feelings are laid bare. I admire Haru's strength, trying her best to put on a brave face, despite being torn up inside.

This scene was done masterfully, credit to the staff for conveying Haru's emotional state with the blurring of the screen — I've rarely (if ever) seen that done in anime, and it was utilized perfectly.

This episode really emphasizes the importance of telling the truth to the people you care about. In both Rikuo and Shinako's case, they dually decided to beat around the bush and keep their relationship a secret, but it backfired on both of them.

Regarding the Haru and Rikuo front...
Regret is a strong motivator and Rikuo surely feels like he should've told Haru about his relationship from the get-go. For once, Rikuo opts to visit Milk Hall; even despite Haru's constant nudges in the past for him to visit her, he never once obliged but now that he feels he wronged her, he musters up the courage to do so — but it's too late... Haru may have already quit. Though judging from Rikuo's reaction to "Although Haru-chan won't be here.", there's more to their story.
In terms of development, I wouldn't call it quits yet, Rikuo definitely feels 'something' for Haru and if the conversation at the end of the episode is any indication, there's still hope remaining.

Now regarding the Shinako and Rikuo front...
I get the strong impression that Rikuo feels an uneasiness over the progression of their relationship. It's been three months, but Shinako has done absolutely nothing romantically and it's starting to bother Rikuo more than he lets on.

The first sign of this is his reaction to Shinako declining his Aquarium invitation — looking downcast and saying "Another time." Again, when he replies to Shinako saying she would tell Rou about their relationship, avoiding eye contact with a simple "Yeah." The most obvious sign is Rikuo calling out Shinako for looking relieved when he declined going up to her place.

Shinako doesn't want or expect anything from him as she's commented, she's totally fine with their relationship carrying on in the same matter, but not Rikuo. In fact, Rikuo really wants change — "If there's anything you want of me, I'll work hard to meet your expectations."
Their relationship is slowly devolving into a state of stagnancy, which Rikuo doesn't want and so he surmises that it's something wrong with himself, but Shinako tries her best to reassure him.
One thing is certain — only Rikuo would be able to be this accomodating to someone who shows him so little affection.

Really hope the news about Yesterday wo Utatte being just 12 episodes is false. I was really hoping for 18 full length episodes to adapt the entire manga, I'd hate for an anime-original ending.
In fact, I hope Haru really gets all of her story addressed, she's the main reason I love this anime. Hopefully the 18 episodes is true, and she gets all her deserved development.

Fingers crossed for next episode!

he did visit it some times
please watch those extra's
Jun 14, 2020 5:56 AM
Jun 2017
I feel bad for Haru and Rou...

I mean they are HOPING THAT THEY CAN BE ABLE.TO BE WITH THEIR LOVE but in reality they are in the LOSING END, as both Shinako and Rikou decided to be a couple (3 months already)..

No secrets can be hidden and thats what Haru, Rou Shinako and rikou must realized.

Love this episode...
Jun 14, 2020 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
askellad said:

he did visit it some times
please watch those extra's

Oh right.
Still, the fact remains that he went to visit Haru which is a rare occurrence, in and of itself. And both times it was because he wanted to make up, so I can imagine what their next encounter will be like.
Jun 14, 2020 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
Pochi9 said:
Goddamn Shinako is the only reason this story is a mess. What a conflicted character.

THIS! And Rikuo is not much better either. I don't like this kind of whishy-washy characters that aren't honest and upfront. But Shinako is on another level of annoying, she is a coward and very selfish.
Jun 14, 2020 6:49 AM

Apr 2012
No I still don't feel anything between Rikuo and Shinako. I mean come on they are grown adults and have been going out for 3 months now and still they aren't even able to kiss? I'm not saying that they should end up in bed in like 2 seconds but if Shinako doesn't feel the urge to kiss Rikou for 3 whole months then she isn't attracted to him that much, moreover as I see she still just sees him as a friend and nothing more. Nothing against Shinako it's just a fact. But as friends they are good I like watching their interactions, so they should just let go of this whole relationship thing.

I'm not okay with Rou tho I didn't like how he basically treated Shinako like a slave and got offended when Shinako said she won't cook for him every day. And I guess he's gonna cause a big scene in the next episode over her relationship with Rikuo.

I feel so bad for Haru I kinda want her to just get over Rikuo and find someone else.
OokamiRisuJun 14, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 14, 2020 7:22 AM

Feb 2014
Damn this felt like they jumed too soon on the Shinako ship. Wasn't she just going to the festival with Rikuo? How did she end up hooking him while keeping Rikuo on hold but Uozumi had to let go of Haru?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 14, 2020 8:22 AM

Mar 2017
I'm glad that Shinako and Rikuo are together because they're the couple that just made the most sense and they clear care a lot about each other. I also think it's so sweet that Rikuo loves her enough to just be there for her right now while she's still healing.

HOWEVER, I think the fact that they kept their relationship from Rou and Haru was a fucking horrible thing to do. It was unfair and quite honestly it's pretty cowardly too.
Jun 14, 2020 8:46 AM
Nov 2019
katie_potaty said:
I'm glad that Shinako and Rikuo are together because they're the couple that just made the most sense and they clear care a lot about each other. I also think it's so sweet that Rikuo loves her enough to just be there for her right now while she's still healing.

HOWEVER, I think the fact that they kept their relationship from Rou and Haru was a fucking horrible thing to do. It was unfair and quite honestly it's pretty cowardly too.

dude it is clear she doesn't love him. she just want someone on her side and Haru was right, it is unfair
Jun 14, 2020 9:02 AM
Apr 2020
This episode made me lose a lot of respect for Shinako and made me dislike Rou even more. There was a lot of drama in this episode and some over dramatic scenes. Shinako said some bad things to Rikou in front him as a joke but it still seemed to hurt him. She sounded so condescending saying “I’ve always thought of you as the biggest looser I’ve ever met.” Also it was really awkward when Rikou tried to kiss her and Shinako said she wasn’t ready. Even though they’ve been dating for 3 months (I think) their relationship hasn’t really progressed at all. In a earlier episode I remember Shinako saying she wished Rikou was more pushy like Rou. Yet she still pushes Rikou away when he tries to get closer to her. Also if there actually isn’t 18 episodes in this anime then this would be very rushed because in the manga Rikou and Haru would get together in the end but they would need to squeeze a ton of chapters into the last episode and that makes the pacing pretty bad. I feel bad for Haru and I felt like it was stupid for Shinako to hide behind Rikou’s back and avoid any communication with Haru (one of the main reasons I started to dislike Shinako). I’ve already disliked Rou in the past episodes because of how he wanted to be a replacement for his dead brother and how he got toxic and over dramatic for small reasons. In this episode though Rou got mad because Shinako said she wouldn’t make food for him as much anymore. Then at the end when he saw Shinako and Rikou together he started to get mad as if Shinako was cheating on him even though they’ve never been in a romantic relationship lmao. I’m curious to see how the next episode will go and I hope there is a OVA to this or else it will just be rushed.
Jun 14, 2020 9:17 AM
May 2019
Am I the only one that wants Shinako and Rikuo together? I personally never really liked Haru because she kinda just appeared in the story and liked Rikuo for no apparent reason even tho they never knew each other. On the other hand Shinako and Rikuo do have a past and as awkward as their relationship is now, once Shinako finally gets over her dead crush, her and Rikuo will probably act normally and couple like. That's why Shinako wants to take things slow and Rikuo is accepting of it. Also Rou sucks because he expects Shinako to do everything for him and like him even tho she doesn't see him in that way.
Jun 14, 2020 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
I'm getting tired of Shinako's attitude, she leaves impression of someone who sees in Rikuo a pet that she'd keep for her convenience of not being alone and out of habit because he's been around her for long time. On top of that, she still hasn't told a thing to Rou (not to mention the moment when she told the younger guy that she's alone while MC was next to her), as if she was keeping MC around just waiting for the other guy to mature enough (on the other hand, Rikuo is not better for not saying Haru that he made the choice). It looks like Shinako is a dead end for Rikuo. I'm not saying that this is a wreck of a relationship, but if something looks, smells and sounds like a wreck, then most likely it is a wreck. Especially that they were clearly uncomfortable when Haru walked on them. That show won't end well.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW SINCE I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO READ SOME OF WHAT MANGA READERS WROTE:
As anime only (although I'm going to read manga after the anime ends) reading above comments about manga and shortening the show to 12 episodes I have feeling that this is going to end with the two breaking up and Rikuo discovering that Haru is with the character that was cutout from this episode.
desuminatorJun 14, 2020 9:39 AM
Jun 14, 2020 10:15 AM

Jul 2019
As expected, I dont think its gonna work for Shinako and Rikuo. It was awkward and its well shown throughout the episode. Rou in the meanwhile as always continues to pisses me off everytime he appears. Shinako is not his own. Its amazing how the brat dont understand that Shinako is still keeping the relationship with her dead boyfriend's family because she just wants to, not because of responsibility. Shinako also have to make a choice, reality is that she cant keep that relationship with the family knowing that kid couldnt mind his own business.
leevJun 14, 2020 10:19 AM
Jun 14, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Honestly, I don't really see the big fuss people seem to be having over Shinako not telling Rou of the relationship. Like in no way was she entitled to letting him know of that stuff, and she was hardly leading him on cause it was clear she never saw him that way (even when he hugged her from behind). I can get in the sense of how Shinako talked about not wanting to fall in love anymore, but people can change lol

And I thought it was pretty clear the whole "loser" thing was done with a very light-hearted tone, so it's less of her just dunking on him and more of just some friendly bantz

But other than that, the whole Shinako wanting Rikuo to be more assertive and then just backing off from the kiss amongst other things kinda shows the gaps starting to form in their romantic relationship. I think @herrickluk analysis is spot on especially with the stair scene and whatnot
Jun 14, 2020 11:01 AM
Apr 2018
At least give Haru's character a justice if they gonna pull an original ending.
Jun 14, 2020 11:23 AM
Aug 2019
Don't like seeing haru getting hurt. Probably one of the episodes where you could make out that this long-awaited relationship that all were waiting for (not me) was starting to fall. I personally didn't see their pair as something that would last very long but the fact that they were hiding it especially shinako shows that it's not what they wanted. we might see them break up in the next few episodes
Jun 14, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2016
None of the ships works for me, seriously. Rou is VERY immature, Shinako doesn't deserve to deal with such freak outs every time. Shinako REALLY needs a therapist, she's dragging Rikuo to suffer along her. I mean, I know she's trying but it's still a mess. And finally Haru, she's a character I can't relate. I see zero chemistry about her and Rikuo, the only reason for them to be together would be to Haru don't end up sad but he shows no interest about her. Both Rou and Haru looks like little kids the older ones take care.

Really, if the story ends up with no couples I think it'll make sense.
Jun 14, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to be honest, I don't know how to feel about the fact the two of them became a couple. Shinako is pretty annoying, by the way.
Jun 14, 2020 3:05 PM
Mar 2020
Ok, I want to give my opinion about this show.

First of all, Rou is really abusive. I understand he is so young and he is on a “male phase” because man aren’t trained to deal with their feelings, but he’s actually hurting Shinako so much at this point, only thinking about himself in such a selfish way, and shinako is so passive that she just.. let it happen. That’s so sad.

Second, I can’t get u all wanting rikuo x haru to happen. If they stayed together , the anime will prove what message exactly? that being dependent is something... normal? because haru is really dependent, she only hurts herself because of their “relation”. it’s NOT HEALTHY. If they stayed together it’s like really worth it to be a stalker of the person u are in love, that u can fuck all your mind just to have the boy/girl u fall in love with. that’s not something u should normalized it. and she’s ALSO tying up rikuo! There’s no “emotional responsibility” on it because rikuo owes nothing to her, he never promised anything so she’s dependent yes but never because he gave her some expectation. So for me, the anime will prove the wrong message if they stay together. Unless she really changes. Because her atitude isn’t cool. She’s stalking. Haru and Rou need evolution. waiting for hours to see the boy you like it’s not cute, its sickly. She needs to get out of Rikuo.

And Wtf what are your problems with Shinako at least she’s not stalking anyone in such a massive way.. she just wants to do stuff in her owl rhythm what is actually pretty honest.
Jun 14, 2020 3:26 PM
Dec 2017
Rou as a character is frikkin unbearablle.

Entitled and spoiled...
Jun 14, 2020 3:31 PM
Dec 2017
badgaliv said:

Second, I can’t get u all wanting rikuo x haru to happen. If they stayed together , the anime will prove what message exactly? that being dependent is something... normal? because haru is really dependent, she only hurts herself because of their “relation”. it’s NOT HEALTHY. If they stayed together it’s like really worth it to be a stalker of the person u are in love, that u can fuck all your mind just to have the boy/girl u fall in love with. that’s not something u should normalized it. and she’s ALSO tying up rikuo! There’s no “emotional responsibility” on it because rikuo owes nothing to her, he never promised anything so she’s dependent yes but never because he gave her some expectation. So for me, the anime will prove the wrong message if they stay together. Unless she really changes. Because her atitude isn’t cool. She’s stalking. Haru and Rou need evolution. waiting for hours to see the boy you like it’s not cute, its sickly. She needs to get out of Rikuo.

And Wtf what are your problems with Shinako at least she’s not stalking anyone in such a massive way.. she just wants to do stuff in her owl rhythm what is actually pretty honest.

Yup, nailed it. Showing up to his workplace every time she had the chance to see him, waiting till he gets off work and lingering around his house for hours. She is only getting away with her actions in the eyes of the anime community, because she is quirky and cute. Double standards are a thing, because if she didn't have those two qualities, more people would see her actions as extremely creepy.
Jun 14, 2020 3:37 PM
Aug 2017
rikou he’s an asshole
Jun 14, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2017
badgaliv said:

First of all, Rou is really abusive. I understand he is so young and he is on a “male phase” because man aren’t trained to deal with their feelings, but he’s actually hurting Shinako so much at this point, only thinking about himself in such a selfish way, and shinako is so passive that she just.. let it happen. That’s so sad.

Ah, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. It's hard for me to get behind Haru because I feel like she's just inserted herself into Rikuo's life. Throughout the entire anime (I haven't read the manga), I don't see her trying to get to know him better. I just see her treating him as an object to be won.

Shinako might not be stalking anyone and she is being honest, I don't disagree with that, but I also think that she's not really treating Rikuo much better than Haru. She's stringing him along, and perhaps that's because she herself is conflicted, but it isn't fair to Rikuo to put him through that. The remarks about how she wants him to be more aggressive when he's never shown to be that way and calling him a loser at dinner doesn't really warm myself to her.

To be honest, Rikuo should dump both of them.
I liked that girl that showed up randomly to stay over a few nights when she was between jobs. At least she treated him like a human being!
Jun 14, 2020 3:45 PM
Dec 2018
I haven't tuned into this programme for a few weeks so put it on this morning. What did I find? The same bullshit!

Now Rikou and Shinako appear to be going out but she's still blueballing him and not even letting him kiss her. To make things worse she is calling him the biggest loser that she ever met, just great when you are blueballing someone, and she won't tell the brat that she is sort of seeing him just to make it worse. And then, at the end, she has the nerve to say that he should just stay by her side? What is this crap? I suppose that because she isn't screaming or shouting people are supposed to not think that she is an absolutely selfish bitch.

Less said about the young brat the better. My only gripe about Rikou, who is the best character in this farce by a mile, is that he doesn't have the cojones to knock this guys lights out. He's an utter arsehole. He gave her some food because him and his dad didn't know how to cook it? Just fuck off already!

And Haru, who is the next best character, trying to blackmail Rikou into staying in her place when she got burgled? Can't she take a hint. I get it, she likes him and she is a nice girl and probably deserves to get together with him. But he likes someone else, quit this stalking nonsense! A guy couldn't get away with this crap!

Rikou just seems to roll with whatever crap other people are throwing at him. His crush treats him like shit, he's patient, the girl that is crushing on him manipulates him, he's patient. The brat shows up and says 'what are doing with this guy' and, guess what, he's patient.

I hate Shinako with most of my television watching being, but they might have stood a chance if she had some backbone and the other two weren't pestering them all the time. But, still, what is the point of this story? There is nothing to be learnt from it because the situations and two of the main characters are so ridiculous.
Jun 14, 2020 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, this episode didn't sit well with me at all. Rikuo had the chance to tell Haru about him and Shinako, he didn't. Then she had to find out about them like that, after feeling hopeful again. It was sad to watch. Then Shinako lied to Rou about Rikuo being there with her, and okay, he had important entrance exams to take. That was understandable, but then she kept delaying it until he also found out about them like that. Something tells me his reaction is going to be worse than Haru's because he just isn't as good as her. He doesn't let us forget his age because he is always acting like a brat. The way he takes Shinako for granted, to the point of getting angry when she told him that she wouldn't be cooking for him as much as before, is insufferable. He changes from smiles to that. It's really different from Rikuo, who respects her. It's almost like Rou thinks she belongs to him, and I honestly hope she tells him firmly that she is with Rikuo now. And I was, I think that I still am, rooting for Rikuo and Shinako's relationship. And I knew that she wouldn't be all over him from one moment to the next, but this is frustrating. Almost as if she is forcing herself to be with him. At least she feels bad about this, and I agree with her colleague, that she shouldn't force herself to do anything, but she has to be honest with Rikuo and herself. She asked him to remain by her side just as he is. Does this mean she just wants him as a friend who is cool to be around or something? And it seems Haru left her job too... Either way I'm not really looking forward to seeing Shinako dealing with Rou because something tells me that it isn't going to be fair to Rikuo.
Jun 14, 2020 4:21 PM
Feb 2009
After watching this show this long, it had a lot more promise at the start. Between everyone's indecisiveness (except Rou); and how much dragging things out has been going on, I would say Kuzu no Honkai is better as it had more progression and sexual intimacy between characters, though the ending was bad.
Jun 14, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2017
Bibimbapski said:
Uozumi and Shinako are dating but they're keeping their relationship a secret? Seriously? I'm pissed at both of them. Just turn down Rou, tell him you're already in a relationship. Same with Haru, tell her the truth. I hate how both Shinako and Uozumi are keeping Rou and Haru at the sidelines like some kind of rebound.

Haru found out on her own and I guess Rou is going to as well.

Just one more episode! I heard the rest are just shorts. Only 12 full episodes plus 6 mini episodes or something like that.

Do we know if these shorts are the epilogue?
Jun 14, 2020 6:56 PM

Oct 2016
Goddamn i can feel the awkwardness all the way here, and Haru still can't catch a break I wonder what will happen in the next episode and I saw some of the previous posts, shame they cut out that Amamiya guy.
Jun 14, 2020 7:52 PM

Oct 2017
I’m sad that this show is ending next week, I was really looking forward to seeing the whole manga being adapted in 18eps. Now we can expect an anime-only ending which I can tell is not going to end the way I (and many others) want it to. Oh well. Even as a manga reader I’ve still been rooting for Haru this whole time, so seeing her so sad also makes me sad :( I hope the anime gives her the ending she deserves.
Jun 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Nov 2018
ugh, i don't like the path this is taking, shinako doesn't know what she is doing with rikuo's feelings and of course the two have no chance of functioning in a healthy way
like ... does she really have feelings for him or is she using him as a test to move on? the way she hid the "relationship" for three months doesn't seem very honest to me, come on, if you really want to move on, even if slowly, you must first be honest with yourself; which I doubt she's doing... like... NOT EVEN A KISS?!
I still had a little hope that there would be 18 episodes and Haru would be more explored but, no, not really
Haru, poor girl, did nothing to deserve to be used like that; Are the directors sadistic or do they hate the girl so much? Throughout the script she was only present to suffer in the middle of this shit that Rikuo and Shinako dragged on ... these two deserve each other
I don't know, I think teenagers are more emotionally intelligent than these two

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Jun 14, 2020 9:33 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
I definitely prefer Shinako, maybe cause Im part of the older audience.
But damn, it hurt seeing Haru cry.
Jun 14, 2020 9:49 PM

Oct 2017
Pochi9 said:
Goddamn Shinako is the only reason this story is a mess. What a conflicted character.
Not really, the story wouldn't even be half as interesting without her.
Jun 14, 2020 10:27 PM

Sep 2015
let's see how is more toxic, rou or shinako?
Jun 14, 2020 10:46 PM

Jul 2016
purplesweater said:
Bibimbapski said:
Uozumi and Shinako are dating but they're keeping their relationship a secret? Seriously? I'm pissed at both of them. Just turn down Rou, tell him you're already in a relationship. Same with Haru, tell her the truth. I hate how both Shinako and Uozumi are keeping Rou and Haru at the sidelines like some kind of rebound.

Haru found out on her own and I guess Rou is going to as well.

Just one more episode! I heard the rest are just shorts. Only 12 full episodes plus 6 mini episodes or something like that.

Do we know if these shorts are the epilogue?

The shorts are mostly little scenes from respective episodes with little-to-no relevance to the main plot (except for the second short).

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1837827
Five have been released already with the sixth one being out next week, I guess.
Jun 14, 2020 11:24 PM
Dec 2012
Well, little by little Rikuo is beginning to realize Shinako's actual intentions. He will be friendzoned forever. Shinakou doesn't love him, she is just trying to leave her past... Forcing a new relationships, but is not progressing to anything sane.

At the same time, he is thinking more on Haru (still doesn't know if it is on a romantic way or not)

The next will be the last episode, so. Let's wait.
eveevansJun 14, 2020 11:55 PM
Jun 15, 2020 12:25 AM
Nov 2018
There's so much dick teasing in this show and now learning that the show ends next week with not even a kiss has me feeling dry. This dry drama is not enough. Uozumi has to go down on a bitch next week or im deleting my account.
Jun 15, 2020 12:59 AM

Jul 2016
Well guys, the series has always been 12 episodes long so it seems we will have either an open ending or an anime-original one. Not sure which one is worse at this point.

Quite frustrating episode if I'm honest. Mostly due to Shinako's behaviour and the revelation of the episodes count, which really felt like a bucket of cold water. Not because I like the anime but because of the potential unsatisfying finale we are leading to.

Okay, so Shinako... damn, she was acting so promising last episode with her weak yet determinate attitude of wanting to move on but it seems she's still stuck at being an emotional disaster. And seeing Rikuo having to deal with such conflicted person is actually sad to see. I don't care much about the guy but seriously, one should know when to stop if things don't work out. Honestly, I'm sorry for Shinako but she really should seek professional help since her indecisiveness won't only hurt MC but any potential man after him.
And regarding the nonsense of her not wanting Rou to know about her "relationship" with Rikuo, I ask myself again... why does this pair of grown ass adults keep their relationship a secret from a high-school kid? my only guess is that she didn't want to lose him since she loves the idea of being needed and Rikuo is simply too indulgent with her and her lack of decision. All in all, it was an stupid course of action and now that Rou conveniently appeared in front of them, I guess things will take an even more dramatic turn next week.
Also by the way, I just love how it seems their city is only composed of 5 blocks or so. I mean, it's plain hilarious how the plot almost always relies on its characters bumping into each other for the sake of creating weak drama and stuff.

And now, as for the punching bag that is Haru's character, the whole thief issue was so random I actually thought she made it up just to have Rikuo spending the night with her. Not gonna lie, I seriously thought she would try to use "other methods" to convince him of giving her a chance but I guess her obsession with the guy isn't that messed up after all.
Anyways, there's only one episode left and at this point, my hopes for her receiving that so much needed character depth are pretty much non-existent. It's disappointing since in the end, it seems the story was always about Rikuo and Shinako's complicated "love" story, with Haru only being that cute yet immature stalker girl who tried but failed repeatedly at gaining MC's affection.
SouthRzVaJun 15, 2020 1:10 AM
Jun 15, 2020 3:07 AM
Aug 2019
I effin hate Rou. Dude, you expect her to cook for you?! Who the hell are you to ask that?! Like, seriously, you're not her boyfriend. Stop being so needy. She also has her own life.
Jun 15, 2020 5:10 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was a bit more difficult to watch than I expected it to be.

Shinako and Rikuo are now in a proper relationship, but one that's still filled with uncertainty and hesitation. The progress is slow, but the both of them are trying their best to make it work, which is nice.

However, the main downside was that they're trying to keep their relationship a secret, which doesn't always go well or end well, either. When Haru decided to take one of her own food creations to Rikuo, I knew she would find out the truth, and that was what exactly happened.

Seeing both Riuko and Shinako together at the top of the apartment's staircase was enough confirmation for her that she lost. She says that she knew she had a small chance of winning, but she tried her best to make it work. Eventually, she couldn't contain her emotions much longer, started crying and then made her quick exit. Poor girl... =(

The whole scene was directly brilliantly. Great close-ups of Haru, Rikuo and Shinako and then having us see from Haru's POV as looked down and started tearing up, with the screen getting blurry as a result, as really well done.

However, it's Rou's turn to find out about Rikuo and Shinako's new relationship and, unsurprisingly, his first initial reaction to seeing Rikuo and Shinako together as he walked home is to get annoyed and barked out his question to them both. Things are getting really tense, but it's leaving me more excited to find out what will happen next.

Can't wait for the next episode as always. =)
Jun 15, 2020 5:54 AM

Sep 2019
Another eps with another hard-to-watch screen from Haru...

I hope she will be OK...

And btw, they really made it from 18 eps to just 12?
Jun 15, 2020 8:02 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
-Pharos- said:
Another eps with another hard-to-watch screen from Haru...

I hope she will be OK...

And btw, they really made it from 18 eps to just 12?

It was really supposed to be 12 episodes, so the next episode is the last one. There are six mini episodes to go along with this after this series finishes airing.
Jun 15, 2020 10:29 AM

May 2009
Rikuo and Shinako are both so wishy-washy that it's frustrating. They take one step forward and somehow still end up making three backward. Now they're just hurting everyone around them because they can't make a decision properly and follow through. Both of them were really at their best when Haru was around.
Jun 15, 2020 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
Rou and Shinakos relationship is extremely unhealthy, Rou is a possessive boy-man. And Shinako keeps nursing his toxic traits.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

446 by Humaneky »»
May 15, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.