Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that's a taste of reality. At least the house didn't get damaged but better be safe than sorry.

Rikuo and Shinako's relationship is still more or less the same. She should probably think more carefully about her future. That cliffhanger :o
Jun 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Feb 2018
Somehow this dinner feels very heavy, even though it doesn't sound like a dinner. Do you just want to be by my side? Are you seriously?

I thought it would be done peacefully but apparently not, Rou came at an inconvenient moment. I know Shinako and Rikuo are just a bullshit. I feel this scene as repeated, I feel bored.

Jun 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2016
A thief tried to break into Haru's apartment? Aside of getting her heart broken, is good to see nothing happened to her. For me the best part of the episode was at the end, the confrontation is about to start, Shinako needs to get his mind clear once for all.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
[Pain](https://imgur.com/a/YqUcJ6L)

That whole staircase sequence was gut wrenching. Haru deserves much better than that. Hate seeing her cry.

Again, this week we see more of that awkwardness anytime Shinako and Uozumi are together. I’m all for taking things slow, but for dating for 3 months, they have essentially nothing to show for it other than walking home together. What’s even the point of being in a relationship? They’re just glorified besties. She’s still not even told Rou about them, which while I can understand the initial apprehension, is pretty ridiculous at this point. Everything just feels forced with them as opposed to with Haru.

Shinako just wants someone by her side and to feel needed by someone. I’m not even so sure she “loved” Rou’s brother so much as loving that feeling of being needed given his medical situation. That “just be by my side” at the end there further emphasises that. Like yea, that’s cool and all, but you may as well just be friends.

One detail I really like is how the awkward body language of Uozumi and Shinako is shown throughout the episode. Pay attention to how they position themselves, move their arms, etc. Really adds to the fact that there’s an uncomfortable dynamic.

Next week shit’s going to hit the fan with Rou finding out about them. Can’t wait for more drama.

Edit: sorry for writing so much, I love this series. It’s my third fave manga. Manga v anime analysis below.

MANGA differences in today’s ep:

Yea you can clearly tell the director is a Shinako fan. I have no idea why they would cut out Amamiya from the story who’s such a huge part of Haru’s development. At least when things were going south with Uozumi, Haru had someone to hang out with and develop feelings for. Here, it’s like she’s just in a constant state of pain and watching Shinako and Uozumi. She deserves much better than that.

Originally, this chapter had Haru contemplate calling Amamiya(guy she had been seeing/having a thing with) or Uozumi. In the end she went with the latter and that’s what led to the events at the beginning of the episode. Leaving such a big character like him out makes me wonder what direction the end of this series will go in. I know it’s going to be anime original, but how original is the question.

Marinate1016Jun 13, 2020 11:43 AM
Jun 13, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Shinako's and Rikuo's relationship seem to be progressing little by little. But Rou just had to appear at that moment.

I feel for Haru though, poor girl.

Jun 13, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2020
I can't help but feel sad for Haru, she's been fighting a lost battle all this time and to find out like that... That's tough
Jun 13, 2020 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
Goddamn Shinako is the only reason this story is a mess. What a conflicted character.
Jun 13, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
Haru's house almost being ransacked with theft...it's close but a shave. And therefore her excuse to be safe is to ask the love interest Rikuo as means of protection. But Rikuo having made his baby steps with Shinako...it's hard to bring the message across.

Another night meet, and Rikuo's at Shinako's place for dinner, but Rou's interference will be a potential nuisance, so Rikuo is sent packing to stead off the rumours. Their relationship advancing slowly, but I can understand why it's a chore to see these 2 lovebirds with one-sided relationships progress and change. Love isn't something easily said, much less done. And damn Rikuo, going in for the kiss THAT FAST? Hold up...

But the truth setting in motion...when the trio met up in mere coincidience, and Haru only fully comprehending the situation...what a scene right at the staircase.

For Rou though, as much as her "tie-in" feelings with Rikuo now match her daily chores with him, all seems normal, but the emotions drawing ever further. But knowing first-hand out Rikuo and Shinako's relationship...the sully.

All the drama this episode can be attributed to Shinako's topsy-turvy way of defining her relationships, and as much as I wanna say that "the woman's intuition is a hard sell", it's definitely that when it comes to her inability to choose one over the other. But one thing's for certain, as much as Rikuo wants this relationship to progress, Shinako's uncertainty makes for a reality relationship that just bites for those of us who have relationships that don't mesh well with our partners.

A very mixed-intriguing episode though, shit's gonna hit the fan pretty quick.

Marinate1016 said:

Yea you can clearly tell the director is a Shinako fan. I have no idea why they would cut out Amamiya from the story who’s such a huge part of Haru’s development. At least when things were going south with Uozumi, Haru had someone to hang out with and develop feelings for. Here, it’s like she’s just in a constant state of pain and watching Shinako and Uozumi. She deserves much better than that.

Originally, this chapter had Haru contemplate calling Amamiya(guy she had been seeing/having a thing with) or Uozumi. In the end she went with the latter and that’s what led to the events at the beginning of the episode. Leaving such a big character like him out makes me wonder what direction the end of this series will go in. I know it’s going to be anime original, but how original is the question.
I DID address this in my own discussion on whether Amamiya (the character that chases after Haru) will show up, and regarding the visuals (even before the anime aired), it's clear that the side characters will get ignored for the majority, but their chances of showing up on screen will only be cameos as much as concerned.

EDIT: After knowing the episode count though, this episode felt like a slap in the face. And the amount of content adapted was TWICE as much and quick, so it was completely whack. Not sure what the ending holds though.
KANLen09Jun 13, 2020 10:33 PM
Jun 13, 2020 12:08 PM
Apr 2020
Marinate1016 said:

Originally, this chapter had Haru contemplate calling Amamiya(guy she had been seeing/having a thing with) or Uozumi.

Wait what ? Haru is seeing another guy in the manga ?
That's really weird. I'm sure there would be fewer Haru fans if that were the case here.
Jun 13, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
After a pretty good episode last week, I again felt a bit exhausted with it. It's so weird how its adapting 6-7 chapters per week, having to cut some stuff out to fit everything in, yet it feels like only 1 chapter is being adapted per week like how One Piece has been adapted for years.

The content itself was alright, Shinako and Rikuo developing more chemistry and then having the rivals find out about them somewhat. Nothing great to write home about but not bad either. It did feel incredibly mundane though to get through by the end. Atleast I like the visuals more in this episode more than the past few weeks, and the ED song has grown on me again.

It is a shame that Amamiya was cut out from this episode though. It's alright for the anime but as someone who did read it, shame he wasn't there for this episode to be with Haru.
Jun 13, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
ElleryK said:
Marinate1016 said:

Originally, this chapter had Haru contemplate calling Amamiya(guy she had been seeing/having a thing with) or Uozumi.

That's really weird. I'm sure there would be less Haru fans if that were the case here.
This episode in particular, had another character chasing after Haru as his love interest, but the anime being subjected to the main quad characters, left that entirety out.
Jun 13, 2020 12:11 PM

Jan 2018
The truth is out. Haru and Rou seeing Uozumi and Shinako together.

Welp, that's that. Shinako finally decided to be on Uozumi's side but not rushing things too quickly.

Poor Haru... That short moments of euphoria went down the drain so fast.
Jun 13, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
After a pretty good episode last week, I again felt a bit exhausted with it. It's so weird how its adapting 6-7 chapters per week, having to cut some stuff out to fit everything in, yet it feels like only 1 chapter is being adapted per week like how One Piece has been adapted for years.
Can understand why this episode felt like an exercise of frustration. This episode adapted close to 12 chapters of content (and totally leaving the side characters and story plots out), so it felt like just randomly going about with the flow. Just so you know :)
Jun 13, 2020 12:27 PM

Feb 2019
ElleryK said:
Marinate1016 said:

That's really weird. I'm sure there would be fewer Haru fans if that were the case here.

Not really... she only starts hanging out with him once Uozumi and Shinako start dating. Why would people like her less for trying to live her life? Manga readers hate Shinako more than anime onlies.
Jun 13, 2020 12:27 PM

Mar 2018
you made haru chan cry ! (︶︿︶)
Jun 13, 2020 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
I feel like something bad is going to happen.
Jun 13, 2020 12:37 PM

Sep 2017
God Shinako is awful. That relationship is a disaster. Not telling the young kid who wants to get in your pants for 3 months? Not even kissing in 3 months? I mean Uozumi hadn't told Haru either but at least she found out early and left. Now chad Rou is about to throw down because "how dare you have a boyfriend!" If you could even call it that. Poor Uozumi. Dragged along for years and when they finally get somewhere he's treated like that. Dude is just such a pushover he doesn't even care. How sad.
Jun 13, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
There has not been a single episode where Shinako hasn't made me wanna pull my hair out
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jun 13, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2011
Oh no,Stay strong Haru chan! T.T

''I was dead serious''

Aug 2019
I can’t be the only one that hates that entitled kid Rou right? acting like he caught his girlfriend cheating at the end when in reality she doesn’t have to do anything for him, also rip Haru I knew it was coming but it still hurt.

Jun 2016
This ep made me ANGRY man, poor haru. I love how clearly rikuo and shinako's discomfort around each other is portrayed, I can only hope that leads to them realising it's not gonna work out - #harugang for life she deserves so much better than to be cucked on an episode-ly basis lmao

Also is it just me or is rou like really annoying and kinda pointless plot-wise..? Like it's clear shinako isn't interested in him romantically, there is no aspect of rivalry or anything like that, he just serves as another obstacle to rikuo and shinako, which granted i'm not that mad about, i just wish there was at least some other reason for him to exist in the story

Don't get me wrong this is still the best show of the year so far imo, just can't stand seeing a sad haru :(

Jun 13, 2020 12:57 PM
Dec 2018
Is it just me the anime is just too painful to watch .Don't get me wrong I like yesterday wo utatte anime (one of my top fav) but like compared to other episode the scene where haru saw both rikuo and Shinako Was just too...... Painful or I should say gut wrenching. Seeing haru say "You don't have to worry about me" while crying. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Don't cry.

(not read the manga so )
I don't understand just what is shinako's intention when she said just be by my side ,I won't expect more and I won't ask you to make any promises Just be who you've always been (I mean is she telling to stay by her side as FRIEND or is she even trying to change herself? like nothing happened in 3 months )
Jun 13, 2020 1:03 PM
Apr 2020
Shinako made me want to pull my hair out on this one. I get that she wants to take things slow, but three months? That's bad for a couple who hasn't in any way seem to have grown closer than they were from before. Plus, not telling Rou for three months is such a stupid move. It almost seems like she's still keeping both Rou and Rikuo by her door, only this time she's let Rikuo come somewhat closer. Poor Rikuo, he's such a kind guy towards Shinako that he's basically a pushover for Shinako's convenience everytime. Rikuo didn't really tell Haru about him and Shinako, but at the very least he actually had the initiative to, Shinako never even pondered the thought.

I'm curious how Haru is though. That staircase scene was painful. Poor Haru. Plus, Shinako doesn't deserve Rikuo, lol.
Jun 13, 2020 1:03 PM
Feb 2019
Well aye atleast Shinako doesnt have to worry about telling Rou. Also Rikuo cant exactly talk about keeping it a secret as he didnt exactly tell Haru.
Jun 13, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
After this episode, I really think Rikuo x Shinako isn't going to work. They're at a point where I doubt about Shinako's love, it's just too awkward to watch them. Even Rikuo is starting to notice.

Then you have Haru... poor girl, it broke my heart when her heart broke. Of course this is not the end for her so I'm interested in what they're going to do with her. She even quit her job. I wonder if she moved and is going to focus on something else.

And finally there's Rou... Oh God, he's so annoying xD. Whoever Rikuo ends up with, I hope Rou ends up alone.
Jun 13, 2020 1:06 PM
Apr 2020
animejas said:

So that's why the pacing sucks. I love the anime but the pacing of events seem so weird and random. How many chapters has been adapted by Ep. 11 anyways?
Jun 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
My heart fucking shattered during this episode. I've been defending Rikuo for a while but he contradicted himself in this episode when he told Shinako "I don't like secrets" in regards to her telling Rou about their relationship. DUDE YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO TELL HARU ABOUT YOU AND SHINAKO AND SHE FINDS OUT IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY.

The best part of that scene is when Haru tells Shinako "You've just been hanging onto him this entire time" FUCK yeah she has! Shinako has the audacity to hide behind Rikuo during that part as well. As they both stand there in silence. Two grown ass adults. Unbelievable. (I still don't hate either character because the realism of everyone in this anime is amazing)

Kyouko is the best side character in this anime. Honestly she is top 3 character as well. When she told Rikuo that Haru is not at the coffee shop anymore. Sheer brilliance.

I want my girl Haru to smile again. No more tears please.

Side note: How does Shinako have more favorites then Haru????
SoraSenpaiJun 13, 2020 1:26 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 13, 2020 1:17 PM

Feb 2020
LMFAO “I always knew you weren’t good with women”- shinako she’s like the queen of dragging people along by the strings of their heart and I have this feeling that she’s not committed to rikuo. No wonder he’s not good with women he has to deal with fragile annoyances like you. I teared up when Haru came by never felt so bad for a character and someone need to lay their hands on Rou cause he acting like a brat as usual, gosh he’s the worst
What are the chances this show isn’t summed up in a 1 season?

Jun 13, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2017
kneeel said:
animejas said:

So that's why the pacing sucks. I love the anime but the pacing of events seem so weird and random. How many chapters has been adapted by Ep. 11 anyways?

It's hard for me to even answer that since the anime cut out some characters completely in this episode, a lot of interactions also disappeared as they mainly only featured the main 4 in this episode. In the manga, there were plenty more who were there but were removed for time sake. So I think 10+ were adapted, but a lot was skipped so its not really 10+. It's just a goddamn mess.
Jun 13, 2020 1:29 PM
Jan 2013
Rou is effing toxic, change my mind
Jun 13, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
How can Rikou be such a fucking idiot. Like honestly she is scared and he is relucatant to let her in meanwhile he lets his crackhead ex gf in like nothing. He isnt a nice person he is a dickwad
Jun 13, 2020 1:37 PM
Nov 2019
ElleryK said:
Marinate1016 said:

rather the new character was pushy, knowing she only loves Rikuo. He was really kind to her, nut she just felt guilty
Jun 13, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2015
Shinako and Rou suit each other. They are toxic as fuck.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 13, 2020 1:38 PM

Feb 2016
Love how they just added a plot device and convenience to make Haru relevant, just to trash her right away lmfao. I don't care what anyone says, the way the tonal shift went from being scared of a "thief" and blatantly asking Rikuo to sleep with her almost made it look like everything was a setup made by Haru to have an excuse to see Rikuo.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, is this really "realistic" at all? I don't know what is it with Japanese culture and NOT FUCKING TELLING STUFF WHEN THEY HAVE TO, but it infuriates me a lot, I really hate when this kind of melodrama happens, it's just so dumb and contrived. There are times this might work, but this coming from an already infuriating show ends up being worse.

3 MONTHS and no one said a thing about their relation ship lmfao, praise their secrecy for managing to hide it for 3 months, but how the fuck are these people so oblivious about what's happening with each other? lmao.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 13, 2020 1:44 PM

Oct 2017
Where is Truck-kun when we need it?
Damn that Shitako...
Jun 13, 2020 1:53 PM

Jan 2016
I feel so bad for Rikuo, involved so deep in the storm. And Rou is a really annoying, with his face saying "how you dare have a boyfriend that is not me?". Cant handle Rou
Jun 13, 2020 1:55 PM
Jun 2013
Isn't still 7 episodes ? With the content they've dropped, I'm feeling like it could end next week.
I'v read the manga and without the model and the other love interest for Haru, I'm wondering how they could fill the end.
Sure there is the last part with Haru, but this seems to have already begin in this episode, as she's missing from her work.
Jun 13, 2020 1:55 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Any respect I had for Shinako went completely down the drain this episode. Since she has been friends with Rikuo for a long time, she knows that he struggles with lack of self-worth, and then she just goes and tells him that she always thought he was the biggest loser she ever met? Just telling him that he is working hard now doesn't even begin to cushion that sort of blow. Her reaction is especially despicable since it was a response to Rikuo trying to sincerely compliment and thank her. I'd say she deserves to be with Rou, but that's too harsh a punishment.

Also, I don't think there is any equivalence between Shinako's hiding things and Rikuo's hiding things. 1 - Rikuo had already made it clear to Haru that he wasn't interested in a relationship, something that Shinako has failed to do with Rou (yes, she's implied it, but Rou seems to be about as intelligent as a dead mouse, so she really needed to be direct.) 2 - Rikuo saw Haru once more or less as a coincidence and just couldn't screw up the courage to tell her. Shinako has seen Rou multiple times and even purposefully hid the relationship by making Rikuo go home.

I also have to mention that I feel vindicated in my assessment of Rikuo's backing off from kissing Shinako last time. She really wasn't ready for it (it also goes to show that all her "be more assertive" lines are bald-faced lies.)
gaussian_Jun 13, 2020 1:58 PM
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 13, 2020 2:02 PM

Jan 2012
Usually, I never write about my my impressions and I hadn't done it for ages, but I am not surprised, because this whole anime is just full of nostalgia for a previous "era", with those landline phones (and no smartphones) and huge black CRTs. For me who has always been nostalgic about the past, it really hits me.

First, I'm really surprised by the number of episodes (18) and it contributes to making this show refreashing and impactful.

Loveship, when told in manga, anime or visual novels, was always my favorite kind of story. Shows like Bluer than Indigo, Love Hina and Mahoromatic will always have a special place in my heart. Sing Yesterday for Me is just like that, but we are no more in the 2000s and furthermore this year prove to be a very strange one, so it is really a pleasing to be able to enjoy it, like if it was a time machine.

One of the aspect of anime I really love a lot (maybe the most), is the music (and songs). I always pay a special attention to the BGM (even in movies and video games). While watching Sing Yesterday for Me and wether it be the joyful track when Haru is happy (so we are all happy for Her and with Her), the jazz from Milk Hall or the calm guitar one (for this last one, one example is at the start of this 11th episode, when Rikuo takes breafast with Haru), I really love this show's BGMs! For sure I'm looking forward to the OST!

To conclude, the art is also very important (of course). I find Sing Yesterday for Me to be rather unique and it contributes to the freshness of the serie.

Each Saturday evening, after watching the new episode, I always edit my anime list and also check for the episode topic and read all the answers. With you and through the show, I've learned to really love Haru's joy (but also deep sorrow). She is, the incarnation of the freshness of the show. It is not like I hate Shinako (she's really pretty and I love her voice), but her slowness who hurts people around her, annoys me a little. At the end, I just want the three of them to be happy and so don't want Haru to be sad because of Shinako. Btw, I hate Rou-kun.
Jun 13, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2019
Sooo real life pain is always hard...this is really gonna hurt some chars for sure...I feel really bad for Haru but probably there really isn't anything she can do..I dunno

"Stay by my side" - somehow this time it feels like friendzone side....
Jun 13, 2020 2:11 PM

May 2008
Now that I've been reading the manga, the anime is absolutely unbearable and sort of a train wreck with leaving 2 love interests out entirely for Rou and Haru.

How can they have forced out SO much content that would make this so much easier to watch??? It's ridiculous. Do they hate Haru? Why make a character you just don't like if they're only in the series for you to shit on and act sadistic towards when most of the fan base likes her and only wants her to be happy??? It seems like the directors REALLY just want her to be hurt and miserable 24/7. That's fucked up.

Shinako is the worst human being in this series. I feel the need to skip ahead of every scene she's in because I just cannot stand her. She's AWFUL. Rikuo is trash too for the way he's treated Haru and pulled her around left and right. Exact definition of a scum bag.

God I hope they do something redeeming. For god sake BRING AMAMIYA IN. WHAT IS THE DEAL???? Haru would have someone to at least comfort her in these bad times.

Jun 13, 2020 2:14 PM
Sep 2017
Shinako just gets more and more awful. How does Rikuo not see it? She insults him and hurts his feelings, hides the fact that they’re even seeing each other, makes every interaction awkward as hell, and won’t even so much as kiss him in over 3 months? Are the damn bento lunches really worth all that? LOL
She obviously just wants to be needed, which is why she can’t bring herself to be upfront with that spoiled child Rou, either, because she wants him to keep chasing after her. She may say she doesn’t, but give me a break - you’ve had all this time to tell him about your so-called relationship with Rikuo, and haven’t done it - aka, you want to keep him tied to your apron strings right along with Rikuo, just like Haru said.
Haru is sweet, but I hope she moves on and gives up on her crush on Rikuo. He doesn’t deserve her, but neither does he deserve to be treated the way Shinako is treating him. I’ve said it before, and I still am of the opinion that, unless something changes drastically, I don’t see any of these characters working out as a couple.
Jun 13, 2020 2:28 PM
May 2017
sorry my fellow brethren, there seem to be absolutely zero chance for Haru to win
or if somehow she'd be ending up winning it would make almost no sense
for the entire season he is super committed to Shinako, then if he would just have a sudden change of heart in the last 6 eps, that might be worse than him actually staying with Shinako
or something really fcked up needs to happen... and well, Rou is really fcked up, so you never know xd

edit: apparently there's only gonna be 12 ep
imSOuniqueJun 13, 2020 4:32 PM
Jun 13, 2020 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
That staircase scene was hard to watch. Haru realises what's going on and doesn't question it one bit and accepts what has appeared in front of her! Feel sorry for her :(

Eventho Shinako and Rikuo don't seem as a proper couple yet, they are making progress eventho it goes immensely (too) slow!

Now the encounter with Rou kicks off, I wonder what they are gonna tell him.
Jun 13, 2020 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
gaussian_ said:

I also have to mention that I feel vindicated in my assessment of Rikuo's backing off from kissing Shinako last time. She really wasn't ready for it (it also goes to show that all her "be more assertive" lines are bald-faced lies.)

THIS!! I agree 100% Rikuo gets aggressive and she just pushes him away. Come on Shinako my man has been waiting a LONG time for this relationship to happen and she's busting his balls!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 13, 2020 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
FrozenRaider said:
Shinako and Rou suit each other. They are toxic as fuck.

Yeah they sure are both toxic, but I don't think a Shinako X Rou would work out. Shinako already proved she's able to mistake her desire to have people dependent to her (much toxicity :v) with love, getting in relation with Rou would just be like an incest with Shinako being almost Rou's mother.

gaussian_ said:
Any respect I had for Shinako went completely down the drain this episode.

Sadly, same here. I really got disappointed by Shinako's behavior. She was being soo proactive in the latest episodes, and now nothing happens? But I think I understand why: Shinako really does not see Rikuo as a anything more than a good friend. As it was underlined multiple time in the comments: she basically said she used to consider him as a looser (and DAYUM SHE'S RIGHT), and honestly I believe she still does see him like this. And that's why she can't imagine getting physically close, he's just so uninteresting. Nothing interesting will ever ever happen to a woman in a relationship with a man like Rikuo and she knows it.

I just want her to face the truth: neither Rou & Rikuo are worthy of being in a relationship with her. With the exception of her sentimental life (for legit reasons), she really seems mature & "established" while those two other stupid brats can't even cook properly. At one point a Rikuo/Rou X Shinako looks more like a mother-complex than anything :v

gaussian_ said:
Also, I don't think there is any equivalence between Shinako's hiding things and Rikuo's hiding things.

Didn't really gave thoughts to this, but reading your post I do realize and agree. It is one of the few points where I'm not pissed out by Rikuo: he did his job, we can't really blame him.
But Shinako hates conflicts and as she said does not want to be alone. She sees both Rou & Rikuo as tools not to feel lonely, but on the other hand she knows all the conflicts that are possible, so she does not moves now that she's with Rikuo, fearing for conflicts.
Jun 13, 2020 3:04 PM
Apr 2020
Marinate1016 said:
ElleryK said:

Not really... she only starts hanging out with him once Uozumi and Shinako start dating. Why would people like her less for trying to live her life? Manga readers hate Shinako more than anime onlies.

I don't mind her moving on.
Your post seemed to imply she was "seeing" both of them.

As an anime only, Haru is depicted as the perfect girl with an unconditional love for Rikuo, and is unfairly treated by the other characters. If she had another interest (which she doesn't I assume) she would be less of a victim in this situation.

For Shinako haters (i'm getting there myself) starting dating in episode 11 is kind of a death flag for their couple, so yeah...
Jun 13, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
How is one supposed to feel sympathy for Rou? He just wants a woman to cook for him and doesn't respect Shinako's feelings. The most positive thing I can feel for that pathetic moron is pity.

Haru is also starting to annoy me. She should know when she's not welcomed or loved. She should just accept that she's not good enough. I don't understand Haru fans.

Although I must recognize that if it wasn't for these characters the series would be quite boring. You could say they are a necessary evil.
Jun 13, 2020 3:43 PM
May 2020
begija said:
I feel like something bad is going to happen.
Just wait for it ...
Jun 13, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
Man was this a roller coaster, I almost shed a tear when Haru witnessed them both together but the ending just had me Rolling on the floor laughing the dude acted like a little kid that got his cookie stolen XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

446 by Humaneky »»
May 15, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.