Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 16, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2017
At the end of the episode it states that there shall be a continuation of this intriguing show, however is there any info of a second season?

May 20, 2020 1:48 AM
Mar 2019
Still no new info , we can only hope :(
May 20, 2020 8:48 PM

Nov 2017
Xneon666 said:
Still no new info , we can only hope :(

I really can't wait even though I've just finished it recently.
I've already been waiting 7 years for baccano

May 20, 2020 9:22 PM
Mar 2019
You can always read the manga tho , I didn't actually read it but I think it's a good alternative, and also I should watch baccano soon, everyone praises it.
May 20, 2020 10:08 PM

Nov 2017
Xneon666 said:
You can always read the manga tho , I didn't actually read it but I think it's a good alternative, and also I should watch baccano soon, everyone praises it.

I do really recommend baccano bro, really unique in it's storytelling and characters.

As for the manga, I think I may and I actually thought about it, before watching Hellsing I read the manga and knowing that this anime is also Ryogo Narita's work I wanted to do the same but the publisher in Poland only published 6 volumes and there's been no new ones since like 3-4 years. After years of saying, I'll watch it later I figured that with this pandemic I may as well just watch it now.

Jun 9, 2020 12:47 AM
May 2015
I didn't even know this existed.....Is this supposed to be the sequel that they teased back in 2016?

Honestly though; I don't even care about this show anymore. I was hyped about it 4 years ago and all they did since was release these usuless OVAs but still no 2nd Season 🤦‍♂️.

Jun 30, 2020 9:45 PM
Aug 2016
2 years later and still no new episode, and only an episode per year before or something (OVA), meanwhile Attack on Titan in 2 years has a whole season... Like what the hell, are they out of budget or something?
Jul 1, 2020 5:04 AM

Nov 2017
smaddeus said:
2 years later and still no new episode, and only an episode per year before or something (OVA), meanwhile Attack on Titan in 2 years has a whole season... Like what the hell, are they out of budget or something?

Well the wait from S1 to S2 was 5 years so... better not compare it to snk xD

Jul 1, 2020 8:27 AM
Aug 2016
Dagvi said:
smaddeus said:

Well the wait from S1 to S2 was 5 years so... better not compare it to snk xD

At least in S1 and S2 there were more than 1 episode lol. Small detail though, it was full 4 years, with few days of differences between releases. But if I remember correctly, there were some budget constrains, but it's fuzzy already. At least from S2 to S3 there was just a year of a difference, + 3-4 months, and -3 months to S3 part 2 from part 1.

Oh wait, I remember...there was lack of content for Season 2, since they aired S1 quite fast and it hyped us pretty well, and they had to make manga, to get the content for Season 2, and they produced enough of content that allowed for Season 3 to be released the year later as well.

But yea, at least per season there are 10 eps, meanwhile this one has episode per year or two...

Update: I just googled quickly about Drifters though, it seems there wasn't enough content for Season 2, but there will be, though as far as I understand the Season 2 will finish on 20tu episode, right now we have 15 episodes available, 3 of those as OVA's.
https://www.quora.com/Will-there-be-a-second-season-for-the-Drifters-anime-And-if-there-will-be-then-when

Basically I got my answer now and mind at ease...should've done that initially :D
smaddeusJul 1, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 1, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2017
At least in S1 and S2 there were more than 1 episode lol. Small detail though, it was full 4 years, with few days of differences between releases. But if I remember correctly, there were some budget constrains, but it's fuzzy already. At least from S2 to S3 there was just a year of a difference, + 3-4 months, and -3 months to S3 part 2 from part 1.

Oh wait, I remember...there was lack of content for Season 2, since they aired S1 quite fast and it hyped us pretty well, and they had to make manga, to get the content for Season 2, and they produced enough of content that allowed for Season 3 to be released the year later as well.

But yea, at least per season there are 10 eps, meanwhile this one has episode per year or two...

Update: I just googled quickly about Drifters though, it seems there wasn't enough content for Season 2, but there will be, though as far as I understand the Season 2 will finish on 20tu episode, right now we have 15 episodes available, 3 of those as OVA's.
https://www.quora.com/Will-there-be-a-second-season-for-the-Drifters-anime-And-if-there-will-be-then-when

Basically I got my answer now and mind at ease...should've done that initially :D

Hmm well that's typical Kouta Hirano for you, that lazy bastard released 1 volume a year when it came to Hellsing so I figured that he's probably slacking off again xD.
Thanks for the answer tho, dude :)

Feb 10, 2021 11:48 PM

Jul 2020
It's already 2nd month of 2021 still no updates or any rumor of sequel? It's a great anime I know we can read the manga but seeing the action in anime adaptation is much more rewarding.
Nov 20, 2021 11:39 PM
Jan 2021
smaddeus said:
no source material it's been airing for like 20 years now but only 86 chapters
Nov 20, 2021 11:39 PM
Jan 2021
smaddeus said:
Apr 8, 2022 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
2022 and still no news, looks like lack of source materials is the reason why no update for years..
If only the author isn't slacking off and release more chapters instead just 2-3 chapters in a year that would be great lol.
Apr 8, 2022 6:35 AM

Jul 2014
MoustacheDino said:

What are you talking about? Drifters was first published in 2009, it's exactly 13 years not even 20 years..
Apr 11, 2022 9:30 AM

Nov 2017
Crocospect22 said:
2022 and still no news, looks like lack of source materials is the reason why no update for years..
If only the author isn't slacking off and release more chapters instead just 2-3 chapters in a year that would be great lol.

Yeah Kouta Hirano is terrible when it comes to this, I'm glad I didn't get into his work earlier, so I didn't have to wait years for the release of Hellsing's chapters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters: The Outlandish Knight Episode 1 Discussion

Silent_Four-Eyes - Apr 4, 2020

12 by AESTRO-NIM »»
Mar 13, 7:54 PM

» Has anyone seen the new episode yet?

east1860 - Dec 13, 2018

34 by Terminator19708 »»
Apr 29, 2020 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.