Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, a lot of stuff happened this volume. Tatsuya finally showing the world who's the boss and fulfilling the promise he made with Toudo Aoba. Towards the end, the pacing felt a bit too fast but overall I really enjoyed reading this volume.

Miyuki's new strategic class magic was dope af. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Mahouka movie showed Miyuki using the exact same magic Glacier Age. That russian dude, Edward & those Brazilian twins got what they deserved. At the end, Lina returning back to Tatsuya & Miyuki's side with the President's approval letter was also a huge progress towards his future plans.

It's kinda sad, but I think this LN will probably end in the next few volumes. Since, currently the only unfinished business is taking down Raymond and, (according to the author) the 'Final Boss' Minoru. But I hope the author somehow writes a separate series that tells the story of the future of this world even after their graduation from high school.

May 13, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
I think Edward Clark have really overstayed in this series for far too long, I think the climax of the battles against the parasites have already been highlighted when Lina defended the base last time. So at this point, it doesn't comes as a surprise that even the USNA are more than willing to cast him out, it was even explicitly mentioned to his face that his position as the sage and his hacking tools was simply overlooked or simply put, he's nothing to the Pentagon at all. He died a pointless death too, such a tragedy for him. I wonder what'll happen to project Dione too, as both the Clark are now under six feet.

I'm also curious for what's going on Saeki's side, I'm sure she's dissatisfied that her plans was dampened by those who have more authority but I'm sure she could already tell that the Yotsuba were involved in that. But I don't believed yet that she'll remain silent forever considering the state she was after the patriarch died.

As for the strategic magician of Brazil, I was kinda disappointed with them, I guess it also correlates to Edward's incompetency as he didn't exactly provide any sort of game plan to this assassination mission so the "tools" he brought weren't utilized at all. I guess the only purpose of the Diaz brothers was to layout the blueprint of synchrofusion just for Tatsuya to analyze. Though I'm not sure if he'll actually share it to the Saegusa twins as he envisioned who's compatible to that magic. It feels like the rest of the other students have been brushed aside in the span of this long summer arc, even the usual gang was just made to be a witness this time XD.

I suddenly recalled there was a mentioned of at least reviving the monolith code event, it would be cool if that would be approved and sponsored by the government and hopefully, the other 8 school could somehow join in this. And it would be really cool if a rematch happens, of course it's within the same rules and let's see if another iconic moment is to occurred again.

And speaking of iconic, I think it's fair to assume that we all knew a day will come where the world would know how overwhelming Tatsuya's power is. Lots of infrastructures, weapons, magics and bodies disintegrated, dispersed and demolished. It was an over performance of a show, also credits to Miyuki too, the Glacial Age was phenomenal as well. A praise for Brezzobranoff(was it?) too, he did lived up to the strategic class title as he keeps making good adjustments on his way of attacking, unfortunately for him Tatsuya became more literate to his Tuman Bomba as keeps using it. So at the end of the day, it was a complete domination for Godsuya, and it was really a hype when he came up and publicized his might himself to all nations. It's a perfect execution.

Finally, it's good to see Lina officially staying with them. There's no more of a reason for her to use a disguise going back to school, and it's more fun if she'll be involve to every upcoming upheaval, which of course she will be.
May 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
A lot of good stuff happened in this volume and I don't know where to begin XD.

Saeki's plans were overturned thanks to Maya's intervention. I really want to see an illustration of her.

As for the battle, it was awesome to read. The USNA ship stood no chance against Miyuki's new magic, Glacial Age.

It no surprise that the enemy stood no chance against Tatsuya. Erika and the gang witness the true powers of Tatsuya and they seemed terrified though not surprising since they were shown Tatsuya making people disappear.

Speaking of making people disappear, Bezobrazzof met his end in this volume. So did the Brazilian twins who were also Strategic-Class Magicians. And Edward Clark was also neutralised. I really don't feel sorry for them since they deserved it.

I'm happy that Lina was able to go back to Miyuki and Tatsuya.

It will be sad to see this series end but it can't be helped. I would love to see the story continue during the university time, but that all depends on the author.

Jul 2, 2020 6:01 PM

Dec 2019
Tatsuya is just too badass. It felt epic watching him wipe out parasites with ease. Looking forward to the next volume!
Here we go again...
Aug 31, 2020 6:24 AM
Dec 2019
AngelofFrost said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, a lot of stuff happened this volume. Tatsuya finally showing the world who's the boss and fulfilling the promise he made with Toudo Aoba. Towards the end, the pacing felt a bit too fast but overall I really enjoyed reading this volume.

Miyuki's new strategic class magic was dope af. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Mahouka movie showed Miyuki using the exact same magic Glacier Age. That russian dude, Edward & those Brazilian twins got what they deserved. At the end, Lina returning back to Tatsuya & Miyuki's side with the President's approval letter was also a huge progress towards his future plans.

It's kinda sad, but I think this LN will probably end in the next few volumes. Since, currently the only unfinished business is taking down Raymond and, (according to the author) the 'Final Boss' Minoru. But I hope the author somehow writes a separate series that tells the story of the future of this world even after their graduation from high school.

I think the magic in the movie is different from Glacial Age because the movie takes place after the parasites event and Glacial Age has just been created

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.