Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2020 9:57 AM
Feb 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She really likes piano as he really likes photography in the last episode.
They 're both moving on.
May 9, 2020 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
That Chika girl has a rather realistic personality and is someone with a history with Rikuo.

I'm honestly very impressed by the amount of realism in this episode and series with these character relationships. On the career side, what really makes a photographer is an interesting subject to look at.

Glad to see the show balances out the amount of drama.
May 9, 2020 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
Another week. More Haru :)

“I’ll help out with your wires whenever you need” Simp lol

Mizuhara’s a good addition to the story. I actually really like her. Last episode we got someone from Haru’s past coming back and making moves on her, causing Uozumi to reflect on how he felt about her. We get the reverse with Uozumi and Shinako this week. Both left suddenly too. Nice touch

Really good episode as usual. Last few have been forcing the main cast to confront how they really feel. Can’t wait for next week :)

Angry Haru is cute https://imgur.com/a/kTBvxwP
Marinate1016May 9, 2020 11:39 AM
May 9, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2018
That's quite a reaction from both Shinako and Haru. It was also the best reaction I've seen from Uozumi so far in the series.

I feel bad for Haru, I hope it will be fixed out soon.

Also, I was wondering why the CRTs, then I've looked the manga's publication. Oof.
May 9, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2019
This anime not just beautiful as a story but Artistically astonishing, I find myself just moved by how it's drawn and animated!
and the way how even the drama in the series is implemented in a way so smooth you don't realize it yourself, so easy to swallow.. with all the seriousness presented in a realistic way.. this anime is so mature and relatable.

It's about time Shinako realizes what's she's doing to Rikuo putting him on Hold like that as a safety measure!..
but in the end must Protecc Haru!!!
May 9, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
I really enjoy this series so far, Haru is definitely my favorite character.
I was eally worried that something will happen between Uozumi and his ex, but thankfuly nothing did. Shinako and Haru's reaction to her staying at his place was so funny!
May 9, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
damn the Uozumi harem is growing, also seems like Shinako is definitely starting to grow feelings towards him

that being said, I wonder how long this single ep. character appearances are going to go on for
May 9, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 2020
On the first half, I was really skeptical about this episode. I mean, another romantic rival again? It's been three episodes already with little to no development on the main cast, what would this chick add? But a lot of my doubts were swept away once the second half rolled in: Yuzuhara became a kind of catalyst for Shinako to reassess her internal feelings, Yuzuhara's very interesting and mature dynamic with his previous high school relationship was really nice to watch and Haru admittedly gets cucked again (lol).

This was a Shinako episode in disguise and I would love for the next few episodes to try to keep this snowball rolling finally.

I do hope Yuzuhara comes back in the later episodes, she's very cool.

ToraiSMay 9, 2020 12:41 PM
May 9, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
Funny how a minor character can be more interresting then two main girl. I Even feel she would be more interesting to engage in the story and win the whole thing.
May 9, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
Oh ho, another girl (Yuzuhara Chika) makes her debut and acquiantance as Rikuo's ex-girlfriend, even if he never quite understood her, even back in their high school days. Even worse, she's the kind of person who plays around in the past, and Kinoshita is truly having fun with Rikuo's "love triangle".

As for Shinako, settling into her job now, everything seems fine. As colleagues, it's easy to probe into others' lives at helm, but it's not easy living such a life that you want to remember, yet forget at the same time.

But oh man, Rikuo is already struggling with life's affairs to even think of a way out. Same with Yuzuhara, both are at thei same stoppage points.

To think that BOTH Shinako and Haru would show themselves up onto Rikuo's house unannounced, seeing the stranger Yuzuhara definitely gave them a shock, with Rikuo suffering the biggest L. Oh god my man Rikuo...you couldn't have picked the WORST possible time of them all...

Watching Rikuo and Yuzuhara's past reminds me of the young adult years where I used to play around, having relationships and making and breaking them as and if on a whim (only to regret it years later). And as evident of Shinako's afterthoughts, Yuzuhara came clean with it of her boundary with Rikuo, to which the latter still has problems shaking it off.

In the end, Yuzuhara is like a one-off episodic character, and seriously that's a bad thing because I really like her nonchalant personality, to be able to be a slob, yet face the truth like a boss. Here's hoping to see her again.

Another great episode.
May 9, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2010
I laughed out loud when they saw Chika at the door, their expressions were priceless. I didn't think Riko had it in him to even have a ex or let a lone a gf from the past. The guy is that insufferable.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 9, 2020 12:14 PM
Feb 2020
Just exactly how many girls are in rikuo's life
May 9, 2020 12:33 PM

Feb 2020
This ep was hilarious and I loved it def my favorite so far, everything’s starting to move into place pretty quick too bad we probably won’t be seeing Chika again gonna miss her was really hoping she’d stay into the next episode

May 9, 2020 12:41 PM

Sep 2017
I hope Yuzuhara shows up again later on. Not as a romantic rival, but just as a friendly character and we see how her life is going. That was a pretty cliched encounter, but tbh I was hoping it would happen because it was pretty funny. Really nice episode emphasizing Shinako's feelings of using Uzoumi and his niceness with orange girl mooching off him.
May 9, 2020 12:57 PM

May 2014
That was some good drama. Shinako got the catalyst she needed to sort out her own feelings about Rikuo, and Haru got to be urged forward again (not that it was really needed, she's already trying her best and this is just torture).

I didn't expect Rikuo to have a mature conversation with Haru, considering how much of a wimp he is, but him hiding and trying to run was beyond my expectations. He also could've been a bit more delicate about it. Haru definitely didn't need to hear what she did.

Alright, now that Shinako is aware of her own feelings, I'm expecting her to really move on from mr. sickly and be a bit more aggressive towards Rikuo.
May 9, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2012
Sweanime said:
Funny how a minor character can be more interresting then two main girl. I Even feel she would be more interesting to engage in the story and win the whole thing.

Sums up my feelings.

Simple freeloader had more personality than everyone so far.

I like this anime but when a character that good comes along, the glaring flaws show.
May 9, 2020 1:09 PM

Jun 2015
Sweanime said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. She's much more interesting than the two other girls.
May 9, 2020 1:16 PM

Mar 2019
Another Saturday, anoter great Episode.

"Nice guy"...being the "nice guy" in real life often gets you in the friendzone, I guess that was back also the case between Chika and Rikuo
May 9, 2020 1:27 PM
Apr 2020
This episode was so good, I like how the episode is centered on Rikuo and Chika relationship and that it's Shinako who has most of the character developpement. As always it's was beautiful, the style of Toume Kei is really well transcribed and the shot of Chika smoking by the window is gorgeous. All the characters seem so real too...
May 9, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
The blonde coworker is pretty understated in the anime. Pretty interested how him and Rikuo are in similar economic positions in the same society yet the blonde guy is so much more well adjusted. Interesting how Minato and now Yuzuhara can find it in themselves to move on or lack attachment depending on your perspective yet the main trio are stuck together in a web of obsession. Hopefully Rikuo realizes these girls obsess over him but don't actually care about him and these girls realize their energy used to obsess over him is totally wasted. A mutual understanding like that could send all these characters on a better path.
removed-userMay 9, 2020 1:50 PM
May 9, 2020 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
This episode wasn't as depressing as some of the earlier ones, and there was a scene or two that actually made me laugh. We get to see more of Rikuo's background as well.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 9, 2020 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
The young boy (Rou) and the teacher girl ... were less interesting so far. (Girl a bit okay but the boy boring.)

Haru and the male main from the shop ... I liked it.

Now with the previous episode we got some uninteresting 1-episdode guy that knew Haru from school.

Here the similar setup for the male main ... with some girl. Seems she left but did still have to struggle with money. Just leaving and making the stuff with her getting a full job up so the guy won't have to feel bad cause she left to not ruin his relationship with the others.

The thing here though: I liked that new girl. 2nd interesting option after Haru. Seemed like she had to struggle as well ... no intesting "real" job. And similar interests (in arts ... music for her). I guess she would make for a great "female best friend" (and maybe romantic relationship with her + the main's co-worker from the store) since it feels the show will focus on Haru as main girl for the love stuff.
May 9, 2020 2:07 PM

May 2019
It seems like Haru has some problems. She has gotten on my nerves this episode.

Rikuo clearly doesn't want her but she finds the right to get angry at him as if she's his girlfriend and she's always forcing her feeling into him. He's a grown-ass man he can do whatever he wants and he can live with whoever he wants. That level of persistence is not normal but I guess it's okay for the audience since she's cute or something but Rou's getting hate even though he's not half as persistent as Haru.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 9, 2020 2:18 PM

Jun 2011
Well, well, if it isn't Futaba Sakura...

But I've got to agree with everyone saying she was a more interesting character than the rest of the girls.
May 9, 2020 2:35 PM
Sep 2018
This anime is going to leave me to pieces with these stunning animation.
Not too good not too bad but has its own spark which hits straight to your heart
I love it
May 9, 2020 2:50 PM
Dec 2017
This felt like the strongest episode so far.

I was not sure that the anime had the space to grow with the premise of the first five episodes, but this one surprised me and as someone already mentioned, I enjoyed the realism and some characters are starting to show self-awareness, which was nice.

A couple more episodes like that and I might even bump this up to a 9.
May 9, 2020 2:53 PM

Jul 2016
Okay, I think I'm done with this show now. Functionally, this was pretty much exactly the same as last week. A one-time character shows up to act as a catalyst for drama before exiting the story again. It's such a cheap story structure and I hate it when shows do this. If Yuzuhara shows up again at any point, well, I won't exactly know, but if someone tells me I'll be surprised.

It's a real shame though, I kinda liked Yuzuhara. She's got a personality that hits home for personal reasons, she had a nice character design and, along with Minato from last week she's probably one of the most well-developed characters in the cast, purely by virtue of only having one episode's worth of screen time to show it off. Gotta get that drama in quick, I guess.

So anyway... bye.
May 9, 2020 2:59 PM
Dec 2017
nanimeanswhat said:
It seems like Haru has some problems. She has gotten on my nerves this episode.

Rikuo clearly doesn't want her but she finds the right to get angry at him as if she's his girlfriend and she's always forcing her feeling into him. He's a grown-ass man he can do whatever he wants and he can live with whoever he wants. That level of persistence is not normal but I guess it's okay for the audience since she's cute or something but Rou's getting hate even though he's not half as persistent as Haru.

She has a crow, so I guess that makes her best girl by default then. You described her persistence very well. Rikuo has not shown any romantic interest in her thus far, so she is really over-stepping her boundaries.

On the other hand, Rikuo needs not forget about her proclaimed feelings for him and choose words that are a bit less harsh. More self-awareness would do them both good.
May 9, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
The stupefied face of the lead girls was the highlight of the episode lol
FinalFlash18May 9, 2020 3:11 PM
May 9, 2020 3:29 PM

Apr 2020
I loved Haru and Shinako's reactions when they saw Chika at Rikuo's apartment. Their eyes looked as though they had both been robbed of their souls.
Also, let's hope he can mend things with Haru. She does NOT look happy.
May 9, 2020 3:39 PM
May 2017
Strange things about this show is, even though it's a character driven show, I don't like Shinako, I don't mind Haru but I can't say I like her, but it's still very enjoyable.

Chika was a nice addition for the story, as Shinako felt angry, I hope she'll be back sometimes in other episodes.
May 9, 2020 3:43 PM
May 2019
FinalFlash18 said:
The stupefied face of the lead girls was the highlight of the episode lol

Rikuo: Lets ex-gf freeload for a while
Shinako and Haru: SO YOU HAVE CHOSEN DEATH
May 9, 2020 3:49 PM

Sep 2019
for one second i tough Chihaya's life derailed and joined this show at the beginning of the episode.

Now as a sidenote of this stupid comment, the sound in this show is just right, it nails it really well to put the setting, all the little sounds the actors make, the way they talk to each other, they really sell the characters and enhance the experience to keep the setting alongside the really smooth animation in mundane things such as opening a door or just lighting up a cigarette.
May 9, 2020 4:19 PM
Sep 2017
This show is well-done, seems realistic, and I’m interested to see where it ends up. But ... at the same time, I don’t particularly like any of the main characters! I don’t understand what the girls see in Rikuo - he seems immature and pretty lazy, although I guess he has a good heart deep down. Shinako is definitely selfish, to keep stringing him along if she’s really not interested in anything other than being friends. (Seems like she might be reconsidering that, though). And Haru is a cutie, but way too pushy.
I agree with a lot of the comments here that the new girl was best girl so far, even though she’s already gone, lol.
May 9, 2020 4:26 PM

Apr 2020
These characters who only appear for one episode are so good. This episode was light, I laughed a bit. Also I feel bad for Haru, seems like everybody had someone once at their lifes, but not her... poor cool girl.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Feb 2020
i really liked today’s episode! every episode just by the visuals and music is already calming and satisfying to watch but this one was especially. the new girl’s (i forgot her name already i’m sorry) personality is interesting but wish we got to see more of here and the background behind their relationship. also which we got to see haru as well (:
May 9, 2020 5:02 PM

Sep 2017
Ah yes, typical anime characters passing out just because of a cold
May 9, 2020 5:27 PM
Nov 2019
Any manga reader can tell us if we're going to cry at the end??
May 9, 2020 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
very interesting
May 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Oct 2010
People are overreacting to Haru being mad. You're supposed to not agree with her reaction lol. She's young and immature.

Chika was really interesting and I had hoped we'd see more of her than just 1 episode. She seemed really thoughtful.

But good God,the animation in this episode,especially the character close ups was on a whole other level of beautiful. It's rare to see such high quality animation in a TV series.
May 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2020
Yuzuhara aside, the ED shot of someone's corkboard being finally filled up has not really been mentioned in this discussion. I think it signifies something; does it signify the end of the semi-episodic nature of this show, is something big gonna happen in the next few weeks or do we get a new ED next week? Pretty sure that corkboard needs a replacement, or a clean slate.

Exciting if you ask me, not to get my hopes up for nothing though.

ToraiSMay 9, 2020 6:00 PM
May 9, 2020 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode!!

Once again we get a new character introduced, Chika, she's the ex-girlfriend of Rikuo! That sure was gonna give some funny moments and I have to say that the faces of Haru & Shinako when Chika opened Rikuo's apartment door was god damn priceless!!

Shinako is slowly realizing what Rikuo truely means to her!

I just hope that the new characters like Chika and Minato are not a one-off appearence character, I especially would love to see Chika again, she was quite interesting!
May 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Oct 2009
Soooooo how many more girls will appear from Uozumi's past? Or present, even. We sure haven't had a mother or a sister or a cousin yet, or an ex-colleague from one of his previous jobs, for example.... I mean, at this point it's starting to feel like some weird sort of harem.
May 9, 2020 6:37 PM
Apr 2018
Rikuo's the luckiest guy. He has Haru, Shinako and now Chika (even though she was only there for a while).
May 9, 2020 7:06 PM

Mar 2008
As always there's a lot people can talk about an episode, with they want, but me for now... I don't know what to say having just finished the episode because my heart is aching.

I always liked Chika, but it seems that people in this production LOVE her.
It was just my impression, wrong impression, or the animation, corporal animation in this episode was even better than in the first episode? They took their time to animate this completely before airing and a purpose. This way they could really pay attention to the corporal animation, to the way each character moves in his own way. There's scenes when it almost seems like rotoscopy because how good the animation is. There are moments when the number of framas is unreal!

So, the animation will never drop, it'll actually increase during selected episodes and scenes, fantastic!

Will join the conversation later, for now there are the stitches:

But just I small comment before I left.

Stark700 said:

Glad to see the show balances out the amount of drama.

No matter how good this adaption may be or become, there's a big downside to all these necessary cuts. For the lack of time the anime can't show most of the regular interactions between the main character, show them interacting regularly and normally. For example, Rikuo and Haru relationship isn't just what you see in the anime where most are fights, they spend a good time together and have a very good relationship. But we will never see these little details and cute moments in the anime, unfortunately (but this is normal for manga adaptations).
PaninaManinaMay 9, 2020 7:10 PM
May 9, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
an ova about freeloader-chan would be amazing. i really like her personality and the way she knows how to read the room. shes actually comes off as the most adult of the three women (though its understandable in Haru’s case) in Rikuo’s life

the bit with those dead faces and Haru at the store was hilarious
May 9, 2020 7:42 PM

Mar 2008
_Dusty_ said:
Okay, I think I'm done with this show now. Functionally, this was pretty much exactly the same as last week. A one-time character shows up to act as a catalyst for drama before exiting the story again. It's such a cheap story structure and I hate it when shows do this. If Yuzuhara shows up again at any point, well, I won't exactly know, but if someone tells me I'll be surprised.

People are so easy to judge well calculated stories...
This "structure", lasted for two episodes.
This anime began with 4 episodes introducing our 4 main characters, all of them having the problem of being struck in someway to the past.
Now we had two episodes with two characters related to two main character that contrary to them are not stuck in the past and are able to move on at will, and they do, leaving an strong impression in the cast.
Now the series will move to the next thing, and all this is done with a clear purpose. There's not time for anyone to be tired of a repetitive "structure" and there isn't really one and the way how the wheel revolves keeps changing with time to challenge the character ever a bit more.

I'll not say more because I could let slip and have to touch on spoilers, despite being very hard at this point to know what will be kept in the anime, with so many cuts and adaptations.

But now, an observation.
This scene here was a highlight:

This was one of those that "are hard to watch".
Chika was talking with Rikuo and had just gave him and example of her not lamenting her past and using what her past gave her to move on on her current situation, and then Rikuo responds like that... he is scared.
Like, super duper scared.
The episode started with him flipping the pages of a photography magazine, looking at camera's adverts he could buy but still didn't. Remember how the was eyeing some camera that he could buy with a three month salary? How many months already passed since then? He already have the money but still didn't up and bought the camera.
When his boss talked with him about a better job offer where he could grow his first thought was negative, that the door had closed to him, not open.
He is still froze, paralyzed by fear to start trying.
Makes me wonder what Chika thought about him now and his current situation.
If you pay attention there's a small time jump during her conversation with Shinako:

Between the first screenshot above and the second there's the little scene with Kinoshita and Rikuo in the store where Kinoshita comments about how Rikuo still has some hope with Shinako.
Makes me think that Shinako explained the whole situation to Chika and how she is feeling and this made Chika decide to left (she was already shown thinking about the current situation seriously before). Makes you feel, or fear, that she was thinking about the risk of falling in love with Rikuo this time and that's why she left to let him for Shinako to "take care". It's a pity, the same way Minato could be a good pair for Haru also Chika could be one for Rikuo. Sometimes people just need someone close to give support and watch along the hard way, right?
But the way it is, everyone of them will have to fight their demons alone.
May 9, 2020 8:24 PM

Aug 2019
damn this anime's love triangle is literally evolving into something beyond anything i've seen before xD
Will admit when Yuzuhara got straight to a certain point and was open to a certain idea i fucking flailed my arms in a defensive move, that scene got me really off guard and i thought the anime was gonna cross a really weird line.
Haru fucking killed Rikuo jfc, straight up lobbed the crate at his head lmao. poor Haru hope things get sorted next episode xd
May 9, 2020 9:08 PM
Jul 2014
Another beautiful episode about a bunch of profoundly broken people.

I get all the complaints about people not liking the core group... and I feel that's kind of the point. Because they are broken. And it only becomes more clear when we get people like this week and last who are also a bit broken, but not to the same extent. It's tragic really. And ridiculously relatable at the same time. I feel it, hard even. Shinako, Rikuo? Both of them are me to some extent. The detached, numb way of drifting through life. Not seeming to fit in. Shinako's thing with her coworkers HURT me to the core, I've been there, too much. Even if such situations are made even more awkward for me as an Ace.

On a very different note. Can I just say how impressive it is the characters are constantly wearing new outfits? That's SO RARE in anime. And this show is doing it all the time, and I love it.
May 9, 2020 9:14 PM
Dec 2018
Just noticed that in the ED, there was a pregnancy test on the clipboard.... hmmmm... I wonder what this could mean
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

446 by Humaneky »»
May 15, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.