Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2020 9:03 AM
Aug 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I didn't count the chapters and they weren't clearly marked, so I just assume that 30 was the last chapter of volume 5.

It was a nice read overall with funny scenes. And I really loved the ridiculously drawn expressions of Hanabi.
But sadly some plotlines were never really followed up upon and some thing never fully explored. Like more background for president Yoshitomo. Why he did what he did with Yasuaki when they were kids. (How he turned the girls against each other.)
Or what happened to the parent conferences? She couldn't reach her father and didn' t want to ask her mother. I expected that there was some story there that would be explored later on, but that never happened. I think the story lacked a bit of depth.
Aug 11, 2021 6:14 PM
Jul 2020
I agree with this! For sure this manga lacked depth. Regarding Hanabi’s parents, I wish there was an arc developed about them. It would’ve been interesting to see Hanabi’s upbringing and why the relationship between her and her parents are estranged.

I also would’ve liked to have seen Yoshitomo’s demeanors toward Yasu and why he put him through situations to make his life more difficult.

I didn’t like that the plot about surfing was never really established by the end of the series. There was so much that could’ve been done. Especially when around volume 3 Hanabi and Yasu expressed they wanted to start a new life together in Hawaii. That would’ve been so dope.

But overall this was a cute read!
azenobioMay 2, 2022 7:35 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Hustle High Chapter 23 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 13, 2009

0 by jacobpaige »»
Aug 13, 2009 6:42 PM

Poll: » Happy Hustle High Chapter 10 Discussion

0 by jacobpaige »»
Aug 13, 2009 4:33 PM

Poll: » Happy Hustle High Chapter 4 Discussion

0 by jacobpaige »»
Aug 13, 2009 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.