Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 2020 3:46 AM

Apr 2018
I am confused.
In the last episode of series when Blondie ordered her ninja to kill mc, he objected her by saying as it would result in failure of swordsmith's plan but it should be other way around, isn't it? I am mean if they don't kill him he would destroy the fake empire which would result in correcting the falsified history. What really was the objective of swordsmith and blondie?

Mod edit: Changed the title so it's more clear and removed the spoiler tags in the post since they're not necessary.
DeadlyRavenApr 29, 2020 5:49 AM

Apr 29, 2020 5:49 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Jun 16, 2020 3:37 AM
Oct 2017
The objective of the swordsmith, who wasn't really a swordsmith, was to change history and prevent Japan from being invaded and taken over. Though we believe before that she wants to uphold her ancestor's wishes, Princess Hitei essentially said that she also wanted to destroy Shikizaki's wishes just as much when she ordered Emonzaemon to kill Shichika.

In this case, what I don't understand why she would kill Togame, especially since she later states that she didn't even dislike her. It seems like even if she desired solely to kill the Shogun, there would have been other ways to do this without killing someone that she secretly likes. To me, it just seemed unnecessary to kill her even if they want to kill the Shogun for different reasons.

The ending is confusing because I guess it tries to make it sad and stops the story in its tracks, signifying the end, but the story could end just as easily normally and without carrying on, assuming a happy ending or even continuing with drama since Togame confesses that she was planning to kill Shichika at the end. I guess I just don't understand the point of this and the reasoning behind these actions doesn't make sense.

idk it just doesn't feel right after reflecting on it (from my point of view)
Jun 16, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2018
crystal_x said:
The objective of the swordsmith, who wasn't really a swordsmith, was to change history and prevent Japan from being invaded and taken over. Though we believe before that she wants to uphold her ancestor's wishes, Princess Hitei essentially said that she also wanted to destroy Shikizaki's wishes just as much when she ordered Emonzaemon to kill Shichika.

In this case, what I don't understand why she would kill Togame, especially since she later states that she didn't even dislike her. It seems like even if she desired solely to kill the Shogun, there would have been other ways to do this without killing someone that she secretly likes. To me, it just seemed unnecessary to kill her even if they want to kill the Shogun for different reasons.

The ending is confusing because I guess it tries to make it sad and stops the story in its tracks, signifying the end, but the story could end just as easily normally and without carrying on, assuming a happy ending or even continuing with drama since Togame confesses that she was planning to kill Shichika at the end. I guess I just don't understand the point of this and the reasoning behind these actions doesn't make sense.

idk it just doesn't feel right after reflecting on it (from my point of view)

I didn't understand the purposes of various that were taken at the end, I guess it was because I was not paying attention because I was expecting it to something like togame mentioned to mc, collecting swords and killing him because his father killed her or something else but then it got so confusing, I should have seen this coming because we are talking about NISIO Isin here and he has a thing for making plot complicated.

Jun 16, 2020 6:03 PM
Oct 2017
I was paying attention so I wouldn't blame it on yourself yet. There might be a reasonable explanation behind it still, but after Hitei said she didn't even dislike Togame, I didn't see a real point. After all, they both wanted to kill the Shogun and Hitei didn't care whether history was altered or corrected. I probably missed something though, so I just hope someone else knows.
Jun 29, 2020 3:29 AM
Feb 2020
In my opinion, the reason why Shichika didn’t kill Hitei is because Hitei had help Togame for 2 things: kill Shogun and kill Togame so she don’t have to kill Shichika. And if you ask why Togame have to kill Shichika, rewatch ep 10. In that episode, Togame have said that for the sake of her true objective, which was to kill Shogun, she had to throw away other objective, include Shichika to make sure there wouldn’t any betrayals or evidence of her vengeance. So when Togame died, is like relieved her of a burden of kill Shichika, who she really loved.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

334 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.