Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 30, 2020 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
muh mango only elitists were proven wrong. blues a trainwreck my ass. twas solid medicority as usual.
Sep 1, 2020 12:56 PM

Jun 2017
The first episode is full of fanservice. The way it is done is unusual for this show. Maybe the animators know about the disaster waiting to happen and are trying their best to keep viewers interest.
Lol at the new guy making a rape face at 14.05.
As for the competition at the beach, there wasn't much buildup and it ended too soon for me to care.
The ed reveals some interesting things.
Edit - after reading the comments here, it seems like jc staff is rushing the shit out of this season. I hope it will be funny at least.
Chrome_FalconSep 1, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 26, 2020 10:07 AM
Aug 2020
Food Wars is back and there is a lot of fan service!!!
Sep 29, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
Great start, great episode, good OP, forshadowing ED. Actually some animation for a change.

I only fear that the series will turn into endless chore of set fights to victory like S4 did due to BLUE competition. I really hope that's not the case.

Episodic approach with 2-3 last episodes set to resolve the endgame and story with underlying theme in the background would be a lot better if you ask me.
Sep 30, 2020 10:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Typical episode to start the season, with a new challenge to come!!!
Oct 4, 2020 4:31 AM

Apr 2020
Erina looks so beautiful under the moonlight
Nov 6, 2020 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
The blue how about the faggot? lolz nah twas a good episode, I was disappointed to not see erina in some see through bathing suite but at least we got some naked homo. But yeah loved seeing everyone fight it out, I was rolling in their spite xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 11, 2020 5:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If this final season can just keep on giving us more dumb fun like this, I'll be happy. And hungry.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 19, 2020 3:19 PM
May 2019
After watching the other 4 seasons in the past month, I was surprised to learn that the last one was released this year. We have a completely new opening, which is nice, but somehow I liked the last one more. The graphics have been slightly improved and we have а new "mechanic" - Bouncing breasts.

Season 4 ended with the showing of a completely new character. We had the opportunity to meet him in the beginning of this season. He introduced himself as a new teacher and he was very interested in Souma. I don't know if the reason is only that he is the 1st place now.

First episode - the first obstacle for the new elite ten. The time for the term exams has come. Our new elite ten have to deal with the sale of food that will bring them a profit of 3 million yen. The first 2 days passed in fun obstacles between the new members of the elite, but on the last day, as expected, they defeated the competition, taking absolutely all customers to their place. Everyone performed great with their tasks.

The thing I liked most about this episode was the conversation between Souma and Erina. Finally, we see some deeper development in the relationship between them. Souma even complimented.

The end of the episode was also quite exciting. Gin showed up and announced that the BLU tournament was about to begin. This immediately intrigued Souma, because it is this tournament that has to do with his father.

Jan 12, 2021 9:04 AM

Mar 2016
In true Shokugeki fashion, there is a cooking challenge from the get-go... Ahh classic.

Speaking of classic, it's time for some classic beach eps! A challenge to earn 3 million yen in 3 days, the absurd challenge as expected from Totsuki. Well, we got to see the new Elite 10 working together and absolutely nailing it with Souma's signature dish so it's all good.

And to top it all off, there's a wholesome Souma X Erina scene as well. But yet again, in true Shokugeki fashion... Souma is just too dense to actually have a heart for anything besides cooking...

Alright so the OP is as vibrant as always but wow, the ED sounds pretty emotional don't you think especially with what seems to be the new teacher's backstory along with the missing presence of both Erina's and Souma's mothers.
Jul 14, 2021 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
Stuff was skipped to get to this Beach Exam arc point for the premiere so that Soma and Asahi have their first meeting, but I don't mind that whatsoever since that arc was dreadful and being condensed into a part of the montage of the previous season's ending was enough. The episode itself was too fast to really showcase its potential but it was a fun episode regardless and showed why the cast of Food Wars was a great one early on. Also shows how dominant the new Elite Ten can be, and they're no pushovers even with the handicaps.

BLUE's happening now too eh. It sounds like an awesome tournament but such a shame that it's just background noise for this season and storyline, like it barely matters.
Mar 6, 2022 9:51 PM
Oct 2019
it was ok. it's a food/cooking show and they spent hardly any time on food/cooking haha

this is probably like season 4 where it's just not the same as the early seasons/episodes

but oh well. just gotta deal with it. i hope this new teacher and the blue competition provide for some excitement and quality cooking

7/10 to start, but i'm probably rating it higher than i should just because i've liked past seasons so much
Apr 11, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
I'm actually surprised we got another season for this, I mean Souma got that first seast spot so he basically reached his goal already. I won't complain though, especially since the studio made a great decision by putting their budget into Nikumi <3
Apr 28, 2022 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
Animation quality dropped, insufficient or shallow character lines, a new idiot and probably an inferior antagonist, and... did we get a change of animation style?
I really am fond of the past four seasons but it feels like this was made in a hurry or I think it shouldn't be even born,
but, well, I did think about what would happen after those food wars...
I guess I'll try this out... because nano.Ripe is in the OP and it talks about... romance? LOL
===== I'll update this later.
Nope, average at most. Even the surprising things that we should normally be surprised about aren't that surprising anymore.
Especially, the quality dropped from 10/10 to 3/10. How the food was presented was missing or the emphasis was simply mild.
Speaking of food presentation, the ingredients used aren't given or it was simply omitted and half-heartedly just called the dishes "great".
What would be the point of this series, I wonder...? Another trial awaits them for that BLUE... (">.>")
CrazyButNot4UApr 28, 2022 10:24 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 21, 2022 10:04 AM
Dec 2022
Demasiados ruidos erótic0s para ser un anime de comida
Jan 7, 2023 5:53 PM
Jan 2023
THEY RUINED WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN MY FAVOURITE ANIME
Mar 3, 2023 1:41 AM

Jul 2022
Well, I got here faster than I thought, considering my work, I know how this ends but since I barely remember, I think I'll enjoy it despite what I'll say next xd

DZentoMar 3, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 15, 2023 2:37 PM
Aug 2023
after 2 minutes of watching this, i had to go to therapy.
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM
Aug 2018
me deu nojo dropei como pode deixa comida nojenta
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

71 by aoo-kun »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.