Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2020 7:10 AM

Oct 2008
Something's happening to Deku! hyped-up for the 5th Season!
Such a perfect Season ender episode for Endeavour!
5/5!
9/10.

Apr 4, 2020 7:26 AM
Jul 2013
Why did they skip the Dabi x Endeavor encounter, wasn't it right after Endeavor fought the High End Noumu?? I think Hawk and Endeavor meet Dabi right after the fight and that was a think which pushed even further the speculation of the Dabi being a so called "dead" son of Endeavor. why did they skip it, Dabi is so good!
Apr 4, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2018
This was probably the best episode in what is a bit of a lackluster season, they really went all out and I was left in shock after the episode ended.

I'm looking forward to what is hopefully a better season

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Apr 4, 2020 7:41 AM

Aug 2015
This season was really boring, but at least it ended with an awesome last episode.

Kami_sama_ said:
Wtf is going on with this fanbase, they gave us sakuga and everyone is complaining about how the rest of the season sucked.

this is an episode discussion, this is not a place for you to rant about the shortcomings of an entire season.

suck my ass

lmao why are you so salty? Who the fuck wants to create a series review just to share a couple opinions on the season? Of course everyone will give their final thoughts in the final episode discussion, happens with every anime on this site. Season was lame and people will be vocal about it.
JokucApr 4, 2020 7:53 AM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 4, 2020 7:41 AM

Mar 2020
I cried. The episode is way good... when Endeavor is on screen.
Apr 4, 2020 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
The hatred for this season is incredible. The overhaul Arc was awesome. The school festival arc was fun. I am okay with anime not having non-stop action all the time. Eri is adorable as Fuck so for her to be introduced is a blessing.

Mad respect for Endeavor now!

10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2014
Didnt expect this season to end with such a blast, literally! The animation quality is still underwhelming compared to similar showdowns in BnHA imo though. And dont even try to compare it to last years Mob.. But it worked.

We got more Endeavour developement which is nice, I still feel conflicted about him and I think thats a good thing as I dont feel anything about bad characters.

Overall this season was extremely weak sauce though. Deku as a MC was just trash in this season. The highlight was still Lemillion.
Most of the (other) saide characters got basically nothing really.
The whole Chisaki plot served no real purpose, lead to another arc without purpose only to end it with another no purpose festival. I cared more about Gentle Criminal than Deku or the overhaul guy. Speaking of which, a quirk like that, a setting like that, a plot point like that (come one ERASING quirks?!) and they did nothing with it. In itself thats okay, not great not terrible. But BnHA is supposed to be great and not just decent.

Lets hope season 5 gets better again.

PS: nearly forgot this was done by Bones, could have been JC staff. Not even the good JC staff, the Index JC staff.
Comander-07Apr 4, 2020 7:50 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 4, 2020 7:45 AM
Oct 2012
People: The fourth season will be sooo good, the Overhaul arc is great, shame it'll end with the School Festival arc, that one was kinda meh.

The Overhaul arc: eh.
Overhaul vs 100% Deku: I guess it looks pretty good?
School Festival arc: Hey Gentle and La Brava are pretty fun.
Gentle vs Deku: Great fight lol
The last episode: Easily better than the whole season combined, one of the best episodes of the series.
Apr 4, 2020 7:46 AM
Aug 2019
everyone is talking about how bad the season was or wasn't and endeavor while i'm sitting just asking myself what i just watched in the post-ending scene. seriously, it hyped me up a lot.
Apr 4, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2020
See you next season with My Villain Academia , 1A vs 1B and another Internship with Endeavor
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 4, 2020 8:00 AM

May 2019
This finale was huge - it really brought the hype back for a season many were seeing as lackluster.

It gave me all Might vs Nomu vibes. I'm looking forward to season 5.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 4, 2020 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Nice way to end the season... really liked it all
Apr 4, 2020 8:03 AM

Dec 2019
Okay that fight was kinda epic, but i prefer All Might, overall good way to end the season, i still hope Mirio can get his powers back, pls make it happen... even tho i rated 9 all of the other seasons the only thing good about this one was the Overhaul fight and Mirio introduction i will give this season a 7 coulda been 10x better, i really hope season 5 brings more of that Nomu action in the table.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 4, 2020 8:07 AM

Jan 2017
This was a wonderful episode! I thoroughly enjoyed the fight between Endeavor and the Nomu.

8/10 for this season
Apr 4, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2010
My expectations are always low for this series because ofc 4 seasons worth of content you know what to expect. But GOD damn this was a real masterpiece, we finally see endeavor in action and he is a struggler, something we can all relate to. I could feel his emotions and his desperate need for power and to succeed. The pressure was killing him as it was propelling me in this episode.
The best episode so far within the series for me, The Immersion was great.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 4, 2020 8:22 AM

Sep 2017
kronos7 said:

For me the worst thing about this season by far is the bitchy and ungreatful fandom who compains about absolutely anything.

^^^
Really felt for Shouto. I still refuse to like Endeavor so I'm not buying into this "redemption" stuff but I'm interested to see the upcoming stuff about the missing kid the manga's covered
Apr 4, 2020 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
I am really surprised that a lot of people didn't seem to enjoy this season. I simply loved it. I enjoyed the slow paced arcs, it made me feel more attached to the characters. We've got loads of character development in this season. The fight scenes were really hype and amazing. Bones is becoming my favorite anime studio in recent years.
I never considered myself a shounen fan, but when a shounen is done right, you can't go wrong. I am not making any sense anymore, but that is how much I am enjoying this show.
and this: vvv
kronos7 said:
For me the worst thing about this season by far is the bitchy and ungreatful fandom who compains about absolutely anything.
Apr 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2016
Looking at the reviews, the hate for this on MAL is outstanding really, but that's to be expected off anything that is remotely popular

Apr 4, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2014
Didn't quite enjoy this season as much as 1-3, but those final episodes were absolutely amazing. This was a Top 3 Episode for the entire series.
IronstormApr 4, 2020 8:37 AM
Apr 4, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Studio Bones went OUT, I was wondering where the Mob animators were kept and what they were working on.

5/5 Easily in the top 3 episodes of the series.
Apr 4, 2020 8:50 AM
Mar 2014
I was never much of a fan of Endeavour before, but now after that last episode, Wow!
one of the best fight scene we've seen in a while, and what a way to end the season finale.

Can't wait to see Season 5, specially with Midoriya discovering new powers in his dream, and what appears to be Officially recognized as the new 9th member of succession to the progenitor's power.

Season 5 is looking up to be a really interesting arc in the series.
Apr 4, 2020 8:55 AM

May 2019
oh my god this was the best episode of season 4 and one of the best in boku no hero

the fight and soundtracks were awesome

season 4 was gonna get 7/10 but because of this episode i will give it 8/10
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Apr 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Mar 2020
am i the only one who thought the season wasn't that bad? i guess if i had to complain about anything from the season it was probably the school festival/gentle criminal arc. i thought that was kinda boring, but why is everyone hating on the overhaul arc? i personally thought it was really interesting and a good way to start off the season. also the ending arc between endeavor, hawks, and the nomu wasn't that bad either. it's nice that it ended on an episode where we finally see endeavor becoming committed to changing his ways and also being able to face his once horrible past too. obviously this season doesn't really do its justice compared to the past seasons, but i do think some people are over exaggerating with the hate. it's not a horrible season. there are some flaws, but i would still go back and rewatch some episodes from it.

that being said, i haven't started reading the manga yet, so i don't really know what everyone was expecting this season, but regardless i still enjoyed it and i can't wait for season 5.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2015
Best episode of the Season. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact this 2nd cour focus way more in conquering the heart of some random kids, a tea-fetish guy and a musical performance sequence. For now, I will not drop the series. Since a lot of people are hyping Season 6, my curiosity will not allow me to drop the show any time soon. But I really do hope we get something better than this shit. Let's start with bringing back the director of previous Seasons
Apr 4, 2020 8:59 AM
May 2019
A good final episode to a bad season.
Interesting that they changed on how things progressed compared to the manga.
Apr 4, 2020 9:00 AM
Aug 2017
I very much enjoyed this episode even though I agree that the previous season were more enjoyable. But I've heard great things for the upcoming arcs so I'm hopeful that season 5 will kick ass.
Apr 4, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2019
Great episodes. All the budget of the season went here and did not disappoint. 5/5

Overall the season was not in the same level as the others. Overhaul had good highs but also had the lowest lows. I enjoyed the gentle arc and that episode with the festival was extremely wholesome but overall the season was not as enjoyable as the past. 7/10.
Apr 4, 2020 9:05 AM
Apr 2020
animejas said:
This season was one of the boring, underwhelming and forgettable seasons I've ever experienced in any medium in my entire life. Nothing good about it except the SONG for the first opening, not even the full first opening itself.

0.5/10. I can't give it any higher since there's absolutely nothing that I could give more credit for, since it was painful. Not even the animation and music could redeem it for me, let alone the characters and arcs that I could not give one single fuck for.
Time for Season 5 hype... am I right??

(I'm still probably gonna watch it since I've wasted 88 episodes of my life already on this and I don't wanna drop shows after seeing this for so long, other than DBZ)

Man you have to be the most miserable guy I've seen here. Looking at your profile, you spent like over a full year(an actual year in minutes) reading manga and anime, that you didn't like and gave out an average rating of 5,xx.

Your life must be a joy, if you rather would spend time watching "bad" anime and manga, than doing something useful with your life.

I only created an account because of your miserable existence.
Apr 4, 2020 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
Fucking masterpiece of an episode.

It was the best animated episode of the whole show, Endeavor's start as the true N°1 is one of the most iconic moment of the entire franchise and they couldn't have done it better, this is what it looks like when the production lets its staff be creative.

I also have to give a huge props for the music director who, FOR ONCE, did an amazing job throuhout the whole ep. When My Hero Academia (the ost) started playing when Can't-ya-see-kun delivered his line I was shivering. Marvellous work.

After Overhaul I was gonna give this season something like 6-7/10, worst season because of worst work of adaptation, but with the gentle fight, the concert and now this all-time great banger, I want to give it a small 8/10.
Can only hope for S5 to be as great production wise as S2, because if it's not, the first half will be insanely painful to watch, and the second half doesn't deserve anything less than the best Bones can offer.
Apr 4, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Endeavor was amazing. He went all out to defeat the Nomu.

We also got to learn more about Endeavor's family.

Yeah, this has been the weakest season of BnHA but it was still enjoyable. 7/10.

Apr 4, 2020 9:11 AM

May 2015
This episode was lit...literallly.

Midoriya dream was quite creepy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 4, 2020 9:19 AM

Mar 2018
One of the best episodes in the entire show. As I've said before, I don't understand the hate for this, I really don't. I don't know if it's ppl just following the trend of hating MHA because it's extremely popular or that they genuinely think that. Overhaul arc was ok but the 2nd half made me remember why I loved the show so much in the 1st place as my hype for it wasn't as high as it once was. 8/10
Apr 4, 2020 9:20 AM

May 2010
WOW! what a way to end a season! not my fav season but i have to give it a 9/10 for this episode alone.
Apr 4, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
very nice episode, i am happy endeavor finally got attention and respect from the society.
hawks such good character he with endeavor will defiantly make the best team.
Apr 4, 2020 9:22 AM

May 2015
Wow this episode was really cool to watch, great fight and music.
Apr 4, 2020 9:31 AM

Dec 2016
This was one hell of an episode! How crazy can this get?? Intense!!

Great ending and I can't wait for 5th season to start! It's going to be an intense fight!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 4, 2020 9:44 AM

Sep 2019
Best episode of the whole season, but still the worst season by far.
Apr 4, 2020 9:59 AM
Feb 2016
My god, this episode was amazing!! The best one out of all the seasons no doubt. I just hope we get more that look like this for the 5th season, since Bones won't have to split their best animators now to work on a movie as the new one is supposedly the last. S4 was still great, but could've been better overall (I mean anything can tbh). But this episode was the best in wrapping up the season.

Overall, 11/10 for this episode and 8.5/10 for this season. Can't wait to see more of Endeavor and his redemption story!!
Apr 4, 2020 10:00 AM
May 2019
kronos7 said:
Endevour's plus ultra moment was absolutely epic.

I never go to animeboards or anything, found this a pretty sick finale, went here to see how hyped people would be. Ha, stupid idea.
Apr 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Aug 2015
So the episode as a whole was fantastic, and definitively a 10/10. Endeavor´s story is quite interesting to develop, and I like it a lot.

Despite that, this is the worst season by a margin. Not only the whole Overhaul arc is pointless, but the only moment that felt like it was going to be amazing for me (Mirio) was a powerpoint presentation. If it wasn´t for this episode, the entire best animated scene of the entire S4 was going to be the fight of Ryukyu and Nejire against some random thing. So not only the whole Chisaki thing was utterly disappointing, but the entire second cour was horrible. Gentle was okay, but he felt completely unnecessary, the festival was just cringefest and there was 0 development, just interactions and a whole lot of Mineta.

I was going to give it a 3/10, but hey, Endeavor saved the day. 4/10. This is like a jab in the stomach for me because S3 was my favorite and I was expecting some more of that.

Now let´s hope MVA delivers.
Apr 4, 2020 10:11 AM
Jun 2017
ThatsNotGaming said:
So many sad complainers in this thread. This anime is pretty incredible compared to anything else airing at the moment but y'all still crying. Your expectations are too high.

Trade your expectations for appreciation and it's a whole new world. Seriously try it out, or if you really don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple, complaining doesn't make it any better for you or anyone else. Tired of all the negativity!

Couldn't say it better myself! Don't expect a masterpiece, but appreciate what has given to you. If you don't like it then don't watch it or please keep it to yourself at least. Try to read the manga instead if that's what you prefer.
This is an information that I got: when Overhaul Arc was airing, the studio also had been working on the second movie of MHA. Ofc we all know which one they were prioritized. I know that a lot of people are disappointed by the quality, but just try to understand their situation. Now let's wait for the 5th season and don't hype it up too much!
HenriettaSeanApr 4, 2020 10:20 AM
Apr 4, 2020 10:14 AM

Mar 2019
worst season overall
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Apr 4, 2020 10:15 AM

Oct 2015
This fantastic episode had no business being in this season plagued with bad writing, static animation, and subpar directing. Amazing episode. 7/10 season at most.
Apr 4, 2020 10:19 AM
Feb 2020
Rehabbing Endeavor's character waaaayy to easy. He's a pos... And now everyone is like "that's ok, he just wants to be the best". F that.
And the dialog, ugghh. The newscaster all "oh no this is what happens without a symbol".... So cringy. Seriously, what does having a symbol have to do with defeating this guy? The symbol is for public peace of mind, not attack power ffs.

The fight was great though, so there is that.

I'm glad this season is over. I enjoyed overhaul... But it was a struggle once the festival arc started. Obviously I'm missing something since I'm not a manga reader.
AijaBearApr 4, 2020 10:23 AM
Apr 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2015
Lmao this episode and Suneater carried this season nevertheless it was not the best season but still enjoyable tho. I started watching when 20+ episodes were already out, so I did not need to wait a week for every episode, I think the people who did will find this season prob more disappointing than me.
Admiral_CarapilsApr 4, 2020 10:25 AM
Apr 4, 2020 10:23 AM
May 2019
Damn this episode was EPIC !!
Apr 4, 2020 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
really amazing ending for this season
tbh I was scared the nomu will wake up even after endeavor released everything
Apr 4, 2020 10:31 AM

Apr 2020
I dropped this shit after this season. I'm fucking done.
Apr 4, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
Easily the best episode of the entire freaking season. If BnHA just stops writing bad arcs this season could have been decent.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 4, 2020 10:39 AM
Apr 2019
Very well animated, I'd say.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

159 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

235 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

226 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

129 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

124 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.