Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2020 3:49 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, I came into this show with low expectations. The OP song is sure something but nothing impressive.

Yuuga seems like your typical kid at his age. Romin also got introdued although I'm curious to see what kind of role she'll play this season. Luke is kinda cool I guess. He has that sort of attitude that looks for challenges. That Blue Eyes White Dragon though....I miss the original one lol
Apr 3, 2020 4:53 PM
Aug 2015
About as average as it gets. They did put some effort into it but it lacks the impact some of the older YGO series' first episodes had.
Apr 3, 2020 5:32 PM

May 2016
Glad I did enjoying it. From now on I'll keep watching the show since Zexal, ARC-V and Vrains became dull and stupid.

This one looks nice and fresh.
Apr 3, 2020 6:06 PM

May 2015
i really tried to like it but i felt nothing while watching it. the duel was average and the OP/ED don't feel or sound like yugioh OP/ED. the interactions they had were cool i guess but hopefully the show gets better going forward.
Apr 4, 2020 1:01 AM

May 2016
yes, at this point, I really just don't care about how people trash this series. I'll still watch it because of the quarantine
Apr 4, 2020 7:16 AM
Oct 2018
i liked this first episode, luke with little chunibyou was nice kinda new in ygo. With a highschool setting it wouldve been better i think bcs kinda weird a kid beat "kaiba"(not sure but it was probably a simulation of him). Kinda sad for him but it is way better than i expected nice op nice animation nice interactions, i hope it stays on this track, kinda new for a ygo serie i feel but we should accept it. childish cara design but its ok it goes well with the caracters
Apr 4, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
I have low expectation on this. But suprisingly i enjoyed it. More episodes is welcome.

But is a little dumb for me with Yuga that make 'brand new game' lol. Also i didnt like blue-eyes treated as fodder for Yuga's victory

Apr 4, 2020 12:05 PM
Sep 2015
I really appreciate the new direction of this franchise

1. Lower protagonist age, yes! My inner shotacon is celebrating! Even his ace monster is young too! I guess only student council president is 6th grade (11-12 yo) while others are 5th grade (10-11 yo). And choosing male voice actors to voice boys is good decision, I don't like when woman voice boy character.

2. Rush duel is so much shorter than normal duel, which is very good because I always bored at duel scene.

3. Happy theme, because no one want to watch serious theme when the real world we're living in is already at the breaking point.
Apr 4, 2020 1:13 PM
Apr 2015
It defiantly was interesting to say the least but on a side note I just noticed that all of the Yugioh main characters all have YU in their names
Apr 4, 2020 1:27 PM
Mar 2020
I did enjoy the episode very much. The pacing was great. Characters introduced are all intriguing, except Sougetsu. He looks edgy, yet acts completely different.
The duel served it's main purpose, introducing the new rules, as they do in each series. And Yuuga doesn't seem to miss the MC luck lmao.
The ending is much better than the opening imo. It' so catchy. -w-
The art style I do enjoy.
All in all a good first episode.
Apr 4, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2019
I gotta admit, had very low expectations going into this season. Blown away at how fun it was to watch. I don't know if it was meant to be as funny as it was but the humor was great. Excited for next week!
Apr 4, 2020 3:22 PM
Jul 2017
It was a promising first episode. I loved the pacing, characters, humor, how easy and understandable the new duel way is and totally loved that ending song!! Overall its nice and fresh and I love the fact that it is different from all the other Yugioh series. Also, the animation is at the same quality range as from the previous studio.
Apr 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Feb 2014
I sure hope rush duels don't become the future of the TCG.
Apr 4, 2020 5:39 PM

Oct 2009
This has so much Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged flowing through it - the central theme is literally about "screwing the rules"!

Rush Duels seem even more imbalanced than the changes Vrains brought (though I don't play the TCG myself), being able to play out your hand and draw 5 cards every turn just means duels can potentially drag on longer; the game doesn't get faster, it just gets more convoluted.

They had better make Goha Corp like an evil corporation trying to control the world, with Yuga trying to stop it otherwise there's no real meat to the plot.
Apr 4, 2020 5:40 PM
Feb 2016
Solid episode for me! The student council president had me laughing basically every time he was on-screen lol, I have a feeling I'm going to like him. Duel was fun to watch too. I may have screamed a little when the "sore wa dou kana?" popped up, man I love that phrase just a bit too much because of this franchise.

Not a fan of the ED, but the OP is snazzy.

Looking forward to the next episode! Hopefully I can actually keep up every week instead of falling off like I did with VRAINS, I'm not the best at following airing shows...
Apr 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Nov 2019
Hmm, how do I put it here...the anime itself was okay, decent even. The characters are likeable and the duel was spot on. The passion is definitely still there

I'm kind of wary about this series' intention though since they keep dodging on explaining Yuga's reasoning with the "rigid" current duel.

Punkero said:

It won't. We're still getting master duel sets as usual and they have no intention to bring rush duel or this anime overseas at all. The lack of anime won't hurt the TCG since it's already self sustaining through new game original cards and nostalgia legacy supports for old and iconic decks. There are numerous anime cards that haven't been printed too.
Apr 4, 2020 10:38 PM
Sep 2018
did anyone else see the mass ads lol
Apr 4, 2020 11:14 PM
Oct 2013
I watched with low expectations, and ended up still being disappointed. I really hope I'm wrong, but this looks like it'll easily be the weakest in both plot and characters compared to every other YGO.
Apr 5, 2020 12:12 AM

May 2013
I wasn't expecting much and it isn't perfect.

But I really dig this anime's energy. Alot of it is dumb for sure but I find it pretty fun.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 5, 2020 12:22 AM

May 2015
Im speechless. After all the speculations and diagrams ive made from promotional art and pvs and stuff it was still worse than what i thought it would be. But then again I am very biased because Ive grown up with Studio Gallop. What I dont understand is why they dont atleast try to emulate the ygo style its known for. Studio Bridge copied the Saint Seiya artstyle before so they should be able too. I cant stand the over the top chibi expressions in this especially when their mouths take up all the space on their faces...
My Candies:
Apr 5, 2020 12:41 AM

Apr 2019
divineiniquity said:
This has so much Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged flowing through it - the central theme is literally about "screwing the rules"!

Rush Duels seem even more imbalanced than the changes Vrains brought (though I don't play the TCG myself), being able to play out your hand and draw 5 cards every turn just means duels can potentially drag on longer; the game doesn't get faster, it just gets more convoluted.

They had better make Goha Corp like an evil corporation trying to control the world, with Yuga trying to stop it otherwise there's no real meat to the plot.

You should realize the draw until 5 is to combat against extremely aggressive setplay that doesn't allow you to recover WITHOUT relying on things like broken standalone cards or Graveyard's effects (which are hard for new players to follow), or even worse anime mechanics like Action Cards.
Apr 5, 2020 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't expect this, I actually liked the concept and the characters.
Apr 5, 2020 5:17 AM
Aug 2018
First ep showed me some decent story. so i will stay for a while with this.but still its not the same serious aura like from previous series.it will be anime for kids
Apr 5, 2020 6:33 AM

Dec 2018
Watched this for the laughs and surprisingly I didn't hated it. In fact it seemed to be more entertaining than some of the previous spin-off shows and while it might not happen I would love to see a less serious entry in the franchise. So far it's a fun card game commercial for kids. Also the opening was good visually.
Apr 5, 2020 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
I was honestly surprised that the bot wasn't going to screw them over by saying their time was over, meaning he'd not be able to finish the fight before the final attack.
Start wasn't that good but at least it was better as it went on.
Apr 5, 2020 11:14 AM
Oct 2013
I loled when Yuuga said he wants to take back the smiles of people from this strict duel world, cuz it can also be interpreted as how horribly wrong the current card game has become.

First turn player: 10mins to special summons full board, negate everything next turn, then OTK on your turn, gg
The games doesn't go pass more than five turns anymore

On top of that, there's the whole strict and confusing rulings for beginners (and pros) to learn

Erratum also killed several of the classic cards we loved (RIP sangan, crush card, chaos emperor dragon)

Sevens and duel links are saying they can't fix the master game anymore, lol
Apr 5, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
I can see why people were going into this with low expectations. But just give it a chance!

It's a different direction than the usual Yugioh shows. Sure it looks more aimed towards kids. It looks more childish. But so what? It's something different from the norm that we get with Yugioh. Sure, it'll take a moment or two to get used to. But it's fun!

While it won't be a smash hit from the get go, I can see this being a pretty decent edition to the Yugioh series. So just give it a try. It's a new idea, and a new direction. They're trying something new, so who knows what it'll end up like.
Apr 5, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
I don’t know how to feel about this episode, the change in rules isn’t that good from my point of view. I’ll watch it to see where it will go, I hope it will be good, or at least entertaining.
Apr 5, 2020 2:44 PM
Jan 2018
Ngl, I honestly didn't hate this. In fact, the episode was rather enjoyable!

I SO love this energy a lot better than VRAINS' and the characters so far exudes so much personality from this ONE episode! I dig it, especially Gakuto, who I didn't expect to become my favorite character of the four. His character is so dramatic that it's hilarious! XD

I'm curious to see where this anime goes from here. I'm especially curious why Goha's rules are so tight to begin with. Like, what's the point of restricting trading cards for a TRADING CARD GAME?

So yeah, so far, I like it. It seems a lot of people aren't digging it because the first episode just didn't impress them or nostalgia for the old ways of Yu-Gi-Oh! such as the rules and artstyle prevented it. I say let's give it a chance. Remember how ZEXAL was so hated but recently it's been getting more love? Same could be said about this entry. But also it's completely OKAY if people don't follow SEVENS after the first episode. It's not for everyone...
Apr 5, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2016
I honestly didn't hate this. In fact, the episode was rather enjoyable!
Apr 5, 2020 3:20 PM
Jan 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
I honestly didn't hate this. In fact, the episode was rather enjoyable!

Wait, wtf? That's my quote. XD
Apr 5, 2020 3:37 PM
Jul 2015
im gonna watch it just for that cute loli musician
Apr 5, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
People said the simpler art style would mean better animation, but so far it looks average to me. If anything, the first Zexal episode had better animation. But hey, the visual is much MUCH livelier than Vrains and I can dig that.

The story and character so far is alright albeit generic, minus the Seitokai guy who is annoying as hell.

I just hope the duel won’t be dumbed down to “who got the higher ATK”. I mean, vanilla Blue Eyes is considered a super powerful card in this episode. What year is this, 2002?
Apr 5, 2020 10:56 PM

Apr 2019
JustMonaka said:
People said the simpler art style would mean better animation, but so far it looks average to me. If anything, the first Zexal episode had better animation. But hey, the visual is much MUCH livelier than Vrains and I can dig that.

The story and character so far is alright albeit generic, minus the Seitokai guy who is annoying as hell.

I just hope the duel won’t be dumbed down to “who got the higher ATK”. I mean, vanilla Blue Eyes is considered a super powerful card in this episode. What year is this, 2002?

Zexal just got quite a big budget back then, as I remembered there was a huge sponsor behind the anime at that time. And that was the time there were veteran staffs in Gallop working on it, and they left gradually already.

Besides, most kid shows that last at least for a year or so don't get exceptionally better animation than this compared to "some" seasonal animes.
Apr 6, 2020 8:38 AM

Apr 2018
Good Beyblade episode lmao
Apr 6, 2020 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
ShadowMega said:
JustMonaka said:

Besides, most kid shows that last at least for a year or so don't get exceptionally better animation than this compared to "some" seasonal animes.

When I said average, I meant average by YGO standard. This episode doesn't look any better than your average 5D's / Zexal / Arc-V episode. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, except when you heard quite a number of people using "improved animation" as a defend for the art style.
Apr 6, 2020 3:01 PM

Mar 2019
With GX, 5Ds and so forth, at least they had interesting setups to make me forget I was watching a 24-minute long card advertisement. This didn't.
I like biting water bottle caps.
Apr 6, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2017
Punkero said:

Nah it's probably just going to be a side format, but tbh it looks very promising. I think that the current TCG doesn't have very much room to grow.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝚖𝚊𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚙 !
𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 !
Apr 7, 2020 12:26 AM
Aug 2018
This is actually good ┐(´д`)┌
Apr 7, 2020 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
VaskoKasko said:
With GX, 5Ds and so forth, at least they had interesting setups to make me forget I was watching a 24-minute long card advertisement. This didn't.

in arcV Yuya "invented" a new summoning mechanic and altered his cards mid duel, and won without his opponent even knowing what was going on, then for the next few eps the cast jerks them selves off how Yuyas pendulum cards are just amazing and how he is winning all his duels now.
If you are gonna claim that Sevens did worse then that even tho both people in the duel were aware and playing with the new rules as well as that our Yuga had a legit motivation for his actions other then "if i lose im gonna cry"-Yuya then... nothing really just stating you overlooked a lot of things
Apr 7, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2019
Pazuzu95 said:
VaskoKasko said:

in arcV Yuya "invented" a new summoning mechanic and altered his cards mid duel, and won without his opponent even knowing what was going on, then for the next few eps the cast jerks them selves off how Yuyas pendulum cards are just amazing and how he is winning all his duels now.
If you are gonna claim that Sevens did worse then that even tho both people in the duel were aware and playing with the new rules as well as that our Yuga had a legit motivation for his actions other then "if i lose im gonna cry"-Yuya then... nothing really just stating you overlooked a lot of things

I wasn't referring to how Yuga invented a whole new summoning method, though I do think that's pretty flawed (and so is what they pulled with Yuya), I'm referring to how I felt about the show in general. I'm not saying one's better than the other, I'm saying I enjoyed other Yu-Gi-Oh series' first episodes more than this one.
I like biting water bottle caps.
Apr 7, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2015
the only good part is that I agree with the protagonist
Yugioh TCG got too much complicated.
Apr 7, 2020 10:13 AM
Apr 2019
This episode is much refreshing than the other ones also it has some pretty nice vibe on it,my only problem is its animation but still looking forward to this series... Imagine playing pot of greed in this format lol
Apr 7, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2011
This little shit broke the game 😹
Apr 8, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2014
I must be a terrible person for liking the old school rules lol. But I am interested in seeing how this rush duel thing works.

This doesn't really look or feel like a Yugioh anime at all, but the 3 side characters seem interesting. Hope I'll end up liking it!
Apr 8, 2020 7:30 PM

Jan 2017
I thought it was cool that they went in a more lighthearted direction with SEVENS as opposed to VRains. Outside of that, the setup for the story of the show doesn't look interesting enough to invest more than the one episode I will do in watching this. On the other hand, the new duel format that was introduced in the episode, "Rush Duel" looked very appealing, more so than any of the game play additions from a couple of the previous seasons of the series. I hope the show will be an enjoyable watch for those continuing with this.
Apr 9, 2020 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
I never watched Yugioh before, I tried watching it for the first time and I kinda liked it a lot actually. Maybe this isn't the best season to start but I figured since it's independent from other shows in the series I could watch it. As a fan of anime like Digimon and Inazuma Eleven I really liked the "childish" stuff that will possibly in the future get into something more mature and dark. I'll gladly keep watching for now
Apr 9, 2020 9:28 PM
Apr 2020
The pace is pretty "fast". I like it. It may not be the best out of all Yu-Gi-Oh! series so far, but Im okay with it. Personally, Seven has better start than majority of them, but nothing can beat 5Ds. >.>

-
-
-
- I kinda hope tht it remains light on entire series but I doubt it considering its Yu-Gi-Oh! we are talking about. Expect a dark plot as more episode passed hehehe *smirks*
Apr 10, 2020 1:29 AM

Apr 2018
Zerockman said:
I never watched Yugioh before, I tried watching it for the first time and I kinda liked it a lot actually. Maybe this isn't the best season to start but I figured since it's independent from other shows in the series I could watch it. As a fan of anime like Digimon and Inazuma Eleven I really liked the "childish" stuff that will possibly in the future get into something more mature and dark. I'll gladly keep watching for now

Just watch the first Duel Monsters episode, it's so much better and epic than this shit. And the second episode is dark af
Apr 10, 2020 7:20 AM
Jul 2016
ShadowMega said:
JustMonaka said:

Zexal just got quite a big budget back then, as I remembered there was a huge sponsor behind the anime at that time. And that was the time there were veteran staffs in Gallop working on it, and they left gradually already.

except for Pokemon lol
also it's not about budget always.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

2 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.