Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 21, 2020 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
That was an amazing ride. I really loved this anime. Spectacularly done especially given the usual mess that occurs with game adaptations. And this epilogue was amazingly executed.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 21, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Quetz hugging Fujimaru, you lucky guy!! Glad I got to see her again one more time, didn't think she would make out of it alive after unleashing that insane attack a few episodes ago!!

The interactions between Merlin and Roman was pretty funny this episode, also makes me realize there's much more for me to find out how they get along so well, sounded like a proper bromance right there!

An episode full with goodbyes! A really nice way to end it at! (until the post ED scene happened)

Man what a ride this has been, at the start I was really worried about the adaptation, simply due to not being familiar with the game, but in the end I was able to follow everything easily!!

10/10 There are things I could nitpick about, but this was really great entertainment for me from start to finish!
Mar 21, 2020 2:36 PM

Apr 2017
While it was not perfect, some pacing issues and the Babylonia chapter itself not being a masterpiece, I enjoyed tbh even after reading the chapter in the game.

Gilgamesh is by far the best character and the way he became a real king after Enkidu's death, caring about Uruk but still keeping his inner Gilgamesh, was fantastic. Plotwise is not the best for sure, far from it, but some characterization was good.

7.5/10 (7 for the adaptation + 0.5 because this epilogue was well executed)
Mar 21, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2011
A really good and enjoyable final episode.Fate/Grand Order Babylonia was my favorite airing anime together with Id:Invaded.It shall be missed.
''I was dead serious''

Mar 21, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2015
I have fun. That is all i need. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 21, 2020 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
I absolutely loved the ending, as well as all the uniqueness, as a fan, I am more than satisfied, and Solomon is confirmed, I will have to prepare my heart again
Without a doubt, a 10/10 is not the perfect adaptation, but it fills my heart perfectly, I hope one day to see the Lostbelts animated, and I know they will be another memorable experience.
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Mar 21, 2020 3:27 PM

Aug 2016
Quetz didn't use the joint lock. Absolute garbage adaptation. 0/10

Memes aside, I'm pretty ok with this adaptation overall. I still think it would be perfect if the show had something like 22-23 episodes. That would have solved a lot of the pacing issues and especially the King Hassan scenes. As a big fan of the Gramps, the most saddening thing with this adaptation was his scenes. They were ok-ish, but they could be much-much better with a better pacing and story writing. Animation/OST was absolutely perfect with the exception of some of the CGI scenes. Also at the beginning of the anime the fanservice was a bit too much for my taste, but they reduced it eventually. Babylonia chapter itself was hell of a ride and I enjoyed every week watching it.

I would give it something like 7.5/10, round that up and 8/10.
Mar 21, 2020 4:16 PM

Apr 2007
This episode once again made me wonder why they didn't just make an episode focusing on Gil/Enkidu's life. Especially with all their fangirl(boy)s. Oh well .-.

Now to wait for the next Fate adaptation on this never ending ride.
Mar 21, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2013
Dull_Lull said:
Gilgamesh said:

Did you play Babylonia? Like at all?

First, this is anime adaptation. You're not supposed to adapt a gacha game 1:1 otherwise you're left with poor pacing issues and filler front, right and center. Episode 18 was a perfect example of how to take the source material and elevate it to new heights. Episode 19 was rushing through each scene one by one and giving none of them the impact they deserved.

And Tiamat? Soullelss? You kidding me? That speech with Guda that you think added depth was actually in the game. Only instead of inorganically saving her words for the last minute of the episode, she said it in the very first chapters of Babylonia, foreshadowing her as the antagonist and Original Sin. The chains that mention Tiamat was suppressing herself intentionally, and that she would not have carried out her destruction had she remained asleep. She was "giving you her life - Mashu" and the anime skimmed it overin favor of Ishtar blasting her nigh immediately with an anime original scene of her using an NP there. Ishtar was actually supposed to explain Tiamat's history and why she became a beast, while accepting Tiamat as her legitimate ancestor. Anime skipped it over. The conversation she has with Gilgamesh about why Tiamat despited Uruk and humanity so much? Skipped over.

It didn't enhance Tiamat. It butchered her to the bare basics of being a kaijuu, then tried to slap on a band-aid at the end.

Yes I fucking did. What's your point? If I forgot some plot points then my bad. I don't memorize the entire 10 hour long singularity my boy.

How the hell did they rush the scene at episode 19? Gorgon breaking off one of Tiamat's wings was given enough time and so was Gilgamesh firing the Dingirs and Enkidu using the chains of heaven. Do you want the episode to end where they fall into the underworld or something? Now that's just poor pacing issues and y'all still gonna complain they dragged it out longer than it should be.

Yes she is. Compare Tiamat to the antagonists of Camelot and you'll see how boring a huge hollow monster is,who's characterization comes mostly from other characters exposition, compared to actual characters. She's the equivalent of a Demon God Pillar in Babylonia.

The only thing important cut in episode 19 was Ishtar's small conversation with Gilgamesh about why their mother hates humanity so much and Gilgamesh explaining that Tiamat might not be the mother she knew from her father and a small bit of Ishtar thinking why Gilgamesh still doesn't think of her. Other than that, y'all act like the whole show got murdered or something.

If you don't remember the details of the singularity, then don't pretend the anime somehow made it better. There are certainly things it improved on, many scenes and episodes that were standouts. The climax and Tiamat's character, were not them.

Rushing through a story is not simply about copy pasting everything in the game. A gacha story will not flow the same way in the animated medium, because you "see" everything in the anime moving progressively. A text document moving at speeds you control and gameplay battles stimulate imagination and allow you to fill in the gaps of what's happening. Gorgon had an amazing buildup at the ending of episode 18. But then ended up getting taken out by episode 19, before the opening credits. Any anime-viewer would have been incredibly disappointed. Then after that it's Gilgamesh vs Tiamat lasting 3 seconds before a hole gets blasted through his side. Then it's Kingu coming in. Kingu dying. Then it's Gil dying. Then it's Tiamat overturning their hopes in the underworld. Then it's Merlin coming back after several episodes absence. Then it's King Hassan being revealed as a grand. These are all amazing, high-profile scenes that would stand a major part of an episode each on their own, and all of them were crammed into the same episode without giving room to breathe and appreciate the situation. That's what I mean by rushed pacing. Kingu didn't even get a proper death and was being treated as dead before Ishtar even blasted him.

As for Tiamat? Why did you change the subject? You said the anime gave her depth. It didn't. What it wrote in about Tiamat, after skipping all her scenes, was already better placed in the game.
Mar 21, 2020 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Gilgamesh said:
Dull_Lull said:

Yes I fucking did. What's your point? If I forgot some plot points then my bad. I don't memorize the entire 10 hour long singularity my boy.

How the hell did they rush the scene at episode 19? Gorgon breaking off one of Tiamat's wings was given enough time and so was Gilgamesh firing the Dingirs and Enkidu using the chains of heaven. Do you want the episode to end where they fall into the underworld or something? Now that's just poor pacing issues and y'all still gonna complain they dragged it out longer than it should be.

Yes she is. Compare Tiamat to the antagonists of Camelot and you'll see how boring a huge hollow monster is,who's characterization comes mostly from other characters exposition, compared to actual characters. She's the equivalent of a Demon God Pillar in Babylonia.

The only thing important cut in episode 19 was Ishtar's small conversation with Gilgamesh about why their mother hates humanity so much and Gilgamesh explaining that Tiamat might not be the mother she knew from her father and a small bit of Ishtar thinking why Gilgamesh still doesn't think of her. Other than that, y'all act like the whole show got murdered or something.

If you don't remember the details of the singularity, then don't pretend the anime somehow made it better. There are certainly things it improved on, many scenes and episodes that were standouts. The climax and Tiamat's character, were not them.

Rushing through a story is not simply about copy pasting everything in the game. A gacha story will not flow the same way in the animated medium, because you "see" everything in the anime moving progressively. A text document moving at speeds you control and gameplay battles stimulate imagination and allow you to fill in the gaps of what's happening. Gorgon had an amazing buildup at the ending of episode 18. But then ended up getting taken out by episode 19, before the opening credits. Any anime-viewer would have been incredibly disappointed. Then after that it's Gilgamesh vs Tiamat lasting 3 seconds before a hole gets blasted through his side. Then it's Kingu coming in. Kingu dying. Then it's Gil dying. Then it's Tiamat overturning their hopes in the underworld. Then it's Merlin coming back after several episodes absence. Then it's King Hassan being revealed as a grand. These are all amazing, high-profile scenes that would stand a major part of an episode each on their own, and all of them were crammed into the same episode without giving room to breathe and appreciate the situation. That's what I mean by rushed pacing. Kingu didn't even get a proper death and was being treated as dead before Ishtar even blasted him.

As for Tiamat? Why did you change the subject? You said the anime gave her depth. It didn't. What it wrote in about Tiamat, after skipping all her scenes, was already better placed in the game.

Why are you telling me the obvious? I know all of that. You keep saying about how not to make a 1:1 adaptation of the game but there was hardly anything they could do to even extend those scenes aside from unnecessary filler. If we're gonna use your example of an episode elevated through the adaptation then episode 18 already fucked itself over by ending in Gorgon's return because there was no way they can extend her scene the next episode longer than it should be. She simply came back to return a favor and did her part. She broke off one of Tiamat's wings and that's it. There's no need to put any more fluff over it especially since Ana already got her backstory and development long ago. If Quetzalcoatl couldn't do it then neither can Gorgon so stop exaggerating things. You don't seem to understand the gravity of their situation. What did you expect to happen? A whole 10 minute fight where Gil just fires Dingirs all over Tiamat while she approaches him endlessly? There was nothing wrong with Kingu's scene and once they fell to the underworld, the most logical thing to put there was Merlin saving their asses from the mud. I did agree about King Hassan's disappointing scene so I won't even talk about that.

Changing what now? The topic is still Tiamat luv and you were very insistent that she was such a good character in the game when that's hardly the case so I simply replied so and yes they did give her depth whether you admit it or not. The whole scene with her crying because her children stepped on her to achieve new heights and questioning whether her love was right was way more poetic than infodumping it all on us from other characters or some overused dream sequence and was in fact better placed at the end.
Mar 21, 2020 5:24 PM

Nov 2016
Was also a mixed bag for me, albeit the positive aspects easily outweighed the negative ones, which actually didn't really diminish my enjoyment noticably to begin with.

That said, despite countless good moments the plot still ended up coming short, not utilizing it's whole potenial and thus not reaching greatness. But this is a Fate thing in general and I'm already used to it.

As for the things I liked. Action was pretty much always a treat, characters were enjoyable(became low-key a Gil fan) and satisfying conclusion. So in that sense I'm definitely not disappointed, in fact it ended up better than expected due to low expectations based on experience with the franchise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2020 6:07 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order comes to an end with yet another fantastic episode! With the battle for Mesopotamia over, Ritsuka and Mash say their farewells to their trusted allies before returning home and going off their next adventure. I have to say, this was an amazing show. The battles were amazing, the character moments were beautiful and overall, the show gives you a positive view on life and humanity in general. I'm looking forward to see whatever comes next for the Chaldea team, especially because we're getting anime based on the other Singularities and I'm glad that this show delivered a satisfying conclusion. The future is definitely bright for the Fate saga.
Mar 21, 2020 6:15 PM

Mar 2016
Yay! Solomon adaptation announcement.
As a fate fan and as someone who has been playing F/GO for almost 2 years, I loved this adaptation. Babylonia and Camelot are tied for my favorite singularities. In terms of pseudo-singulatities, my favorite was Musashi’s cause she’s one of my top waifus. I hope they adapt a pseudo-singularity. Anyways, I guess we’ll continue to enjoy the Fate Grand Order ride with Camelot, this time alongside our bedi boi, and there’s still the final singularity.
Overall, there were minor issues here and there and uneven pacing at times, but overall it did great and is one of the best recent game adaptations. 8/10, but I’m biased, so 9/10. Also, Quetz hug, gimme.
Shishou_23Mar 21, 2020 6:29 PM
Mar 21, 2020 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
Gilgamesh best boy
Mar 21, 2020 6:31 PM

Jun 2019
Short_Circut said:
Oof if this was the supposedly best story in FGO then I’m scared to see how the others were.

And who said that? Sure, the previous singularities were not that great until Camelot appeared. But Babylonia isn't the best chapter of FGO at all. Just wait for the Lostbelts if they ever gets adapted, it keeps on getting better and better in JP.
Mar 21, 2020 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
Welp its finally over. Well done Cloverworks you did great. We had some downs, but we had mostly ups. This anime improved a lot of the things the game didnt have. Might of had some mishaps, but what we got was a clean and polished product that every FGO fan can be proud of. Probably my favorite part about this anime was anything with Gil in it. He carried this show.

Now we have the Camelot movies which i am very excited for. Camelot was when the FGO story started taking it's self seriously and delivered, also written by Nasu himself. And we have the newly announced Solomon. The final chapter of the 1.0 story. I'll never forget the Solomon chapter on the 31st of december 2018, everyone on the NA server trying to beat the challenge before the time limit and farming Hearts like a mad man. And then finally seeing how this all end. It broke me down a lot.

So i hope you anime onlys are excited for Camelot and Solomon aswell. Was worried this adaptation might fail but i got full faith in Cloverworks for Solomon, was expecting a movie though.

9/10

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 21, 2020 6:59 PM

Jul 2017
Vncritical said:
Short_Circut said:
Oof if this was the supposedly best story in FGO then I’m scared to see how the others were.

And who said that? Sure, the previous singularities were not that great until Camelot appeared. But Babylonia isn't the best chapter of FGO at all. Just wait for the Lostbelts if they ever gets adapted, it keeps on getting better and better in JP.

I heard it a lot of times in lots of different hype threads. It was either the story getting praised or the entire babylonia itself

Either way though if this was one of the higher up singularities in FGO then that's not really all too appealing
Mar 21, 2020 7:19 PM

Aug 2017
Short_Circut said:
Vncritical said:

I heard it a lot of times in lots of different hype threads. It was either the story getting praised or the entire babylonia itself

Either way though if this was one of the higher up singularities in FGO then that's not really all too appealing

It is the favorite of arc 1 of the game, with Singularities 1-4 being considered average in general
It is not considered the best of all current content, especially if you consider the Lostbelts
I also consider Babylonia to be better in the game in terms of script and storyline, but he is not something that works so well in an animation, since despite being calm and slower, it is something that works much better within the game because it can do several and several chapters in a row, which makes it a very pleasant experience
Also, if I say something strange, I’m not as good at English as I’d like to be
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Mar 21, 2020 7:24 PM

Apr 2016
I enjoyed the Babylonia Singularity more when I played the game than watching the anime. Maybe because I played it that I know what will happen so the feeling of the thrill was more felt when I played it. I still enjoyed the anime though but it's mainly due to the animation quality and the character interactions.

Looking forward to Solomon's Singularity.
I do hope they (or any other decent studio) make Epic of Remnant too --- I'm more inclined to see this than Solomon. LOL!
Mar 21, 2020 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
The fact that this trite is rated above the likes of Devilman Crybaby on here is utterly hilarious to me. MAL ratings couldn't be more worthless at this point...
Mar 21, 2020 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
Nice wrap up to the series before our heroes head out to save the world again
Mar 21, 2020 8:13 PM

Sep 2010
xenovibe said:
The fact that this trite is rated above the likes of Devilman Crybaby on here is utterly hilarious to me. MAL ratings couldn't be more worthless at this point...

Devilman Crybaby was a worse adaptation than Babylonia.
Mar 21, 2020 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
Amazing animation, plot was kinda meh and very convenient too often. Overall a fun ride. Gacha money can do good after all.
Mar 21, 2020 8:53 PM

Aug 2018
Never played or read fate.

As an anime and nothing else, i think this is a waste of really good animation.

Plot was shit, villains had no motivation and switched sides because- harem, Mash has less personality then the keyboard i'm typing this in, Fujimaru is a battery, Rin still Rin but even more shallow and in two flavors i guess...

UBW was ok, zero was amazing and everything since has been mediocre at best and apocrypha at worst...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 21, 2020 9:04 PM
Feb 2016
I thought they won't have enough materials for the last episode since they rushed the two last episode so much but the last episode really a good last episode. They did a find job making this a farewell to a singularity ngl i cried a bit although i played the game. And this has better send off than the game. Jaguar warrior saving quetz, quetz being an onee chan hahaha, Merlin and Romani shenanigans, Merlin character feels too much similar to Osomatsu probably because i just watched that recently, Gil considering us as friends is really great of a character makes him and they definitely don't have any idea on how to make Ishtar farewells lmao. And we get a glimpse of Chaldean embassy members.... I'm gonna miss this journey so much. Thanks Cloverworks.

Overall it certainly aren't a masterpiece of adaptation, but it isn't bad or terrible either. They really adapt hours of talking and self insert bland MC really well. A lot of scenes where fgo players expecting were cut off but overall they did a fine job. Now onto the Next Order!!!!! SOLOMON HYPE!!!!!!!!

P.S. See how much better the episode will be without the opening?!
Mar 21, 2020 9:11 PM
Oct 2019
Honestly, I was a bit skeptical when it was announced that Cloverworks would be handling this anime. Back then, I was a bit disappointed with their adaptation of the Promised Neverland and the fact that Cloverworks was formerly a part of A-1 pictures made me worry. I was ready to write off this anime as a disappointing adaptation and at least find comfort in the fact that the game was at least good, with some small issues.

But boy I was proven wrong when Episode 0 dropped. Cloverworks showed they understood the source material properly due to how they summered the themes of the main plot of FGO so will within the confines of a single episode. It got my hopes up and the anime delivered pretty well. Loved how they focused more on characterization much more than rule of cool. Fujimaru in particular is someone I think who was well handled because there was every chance to screw up horribly considering his nature as a self insert character in the game itself and considering what happened to HAKUNO in Last Encore, someone who was far better in his source. Luckily he does not feel like an absolute robot like HAKUNO and is far better written compared to Sieg from Apocrypha, who ended up as a Gary Stu that ruins the plot and characters due to being written as a wish fulfillment self insert protagonist first and foremost while disregarding his core concept of a blank slate born yesterday. Fujimaru actually felt human (still boring if you expect too much though) and for those who are up to date with the game plot, his characterization makes sense as I feel like some scenes show how events in the singularities gave rise to who he became in the Lostbelt arc.

It's not that the show does not have any issues. Kodachi screwing up lore in one of the episodes (Fujimaru riding Maana) was a bit problematic and some of the later chapters felt a bit rushed.
8/10 As a good adaptation of the Babylonia arc that handled stuff pretty well. But as a standalone entry, 5/10 at best because I still don't get why someone said this anime could still be enjoyed by those who have not played the story. I guess there is a difference between fully enjoying and just liking stuff like epic fights and fanservice (Something Apocrypha focused on overly and lost the story aspect of an already low quality source).

Gotta give credit to Cloverworks because they really showed their creativity and dedication in adapting a difficult and problematic source. I now have more respect for these guys than A-1 who's work feels like they lack passion in many cases and just a mere cash grab (looking at you Fate/Apocrypha and SAO) by catering towards the lowest common denominator. I ended up giving Promised Neverland a second watch and realized how they did a good job with the cinematography there. Glad to have them adapt Solomon arc.
Mar 21, 2020 9:29 PM

Aug 2009
Rebelblade71 said:
(Fujimaru riding Maana)

Can we stop talking about this as if Nasu established that it is a thing?

An one liner by Ishtar-Rin doesnt make it a serious thing.

Remember when Avalon was something only King Arthur could enter?

Count with me:
Francis Dake
Bedivere
Merlin
Primate Murder
Shirou

Feel free to add anyone I forgot.

Until some material mention that riding Maana curses/bounds you to Ishtar comes out then it is Ishtar being a bitch.
Mar 21, 2020 9:42 PM
Oct 2019
ssjokg said:
Rebelblade71 said:
(Fujimaru riding Maana)

Count with me:
Francis Dake
Bedivere
Merlin
Primate Murder
Shirou

Until some material mention that riding Maana curses/bounds you to Ishtar comes out then it is Ishtar being a bitch.
You do realize that Avalon and the Reverse side of the world are not exactly the same thing? Ishtar did not take Fujimaru when they were fleeing from Tiamat. She may be a bitch many times but when things look bad like that, she does become more serious. And in game, it was much more of a matter of life or death.
Mar 21, 2020 9:55 PM

Aug 2009
Rebelblade71 said:
ssjokg said:

Count with me:
Francis Dake
Bedivere
Merlin
Primate Murder
Shirou

You do realize that Avalon and the Reverse side of the world are not exactly the same thing? Ishtar did not take Fujimaru when they were fleeing from Tiamat. She may be a bitch many times but when things look bad like that, she does become more serious. And in game, it was much more of a matter of life or death.

Except that all of the above are in Avalon, not somewhere in the Reverse Side.

Everything was serious, unless I missed the part were the front was barely hanging, from the moment they arrived in Babylonia and she was acting like a child-bitch all the time.

Demonic Beasts kill my followers?Better save them and then take everything I can from them.
Gilgamesh wants my help?Well better go full Ishtar on them after I accept the deal.
Go bring Gil's soul back?Well better act like a self important bitch than be serious about it.
Even when it was revealed that her Bull of Heaven was lost instead of everyone acting as if all was lost it was a big ass joke in game as well.

Also even if it did bound you to Ishtar why would she be unable to undo that? It is as if saying that Gil cant remove the chains of heaven after they bind someone.

You people have taken one line that from a character that doesnt even have a clear personality thanks to the fusion of two characters and made it a fact.

Mar 21, 2020 10:52 PM
Oct 2019
ssjokg said:
Rebelblade71 said:

Everything was serious, unless I missed the part were the front was barely hanging, from the moment they arrived in Babylonia and she was acting like a child-bitch all the time.

Demonic Beasts kill my followers?Better save them and then take everything I can from them.
Gilgamesh wants my help?Well better go full Ishtar on them after I accept the deal.
Go bring Gil's soul back?Well better act like a self important bitch than be serious about it.
Even when it was revealed that her Bull of Heaven was lost instead of everyone acting as if all was lost it was a big ass joke in game as well.

Also even if it did bound you to Ishtar why would she be unable to undo that? It is as if saying that Gil cant remove the chains of heaven after they bind someone.

You people have taken one line that from a character that doesnt even have a clear personality thanks to the fusion of two characters and made it a fact.

Oh my bad for thinking you can see beyond face value. There is a difference between behavior shown towards others and actual intentions. Ishtar did act/behave like her usual proud and arrogant self but still helped out nonetheless.

Dunno about Drake but it was never specified that someone like Bedivere cannot enter Avalon at all or any hard criteria to do so. Some might be powerful enough to be an exception like Fou/Primate Murder who could perhaps travel between dimensions. Or Merlin being Merlin might let them in. That aside, I don't know why you brought this up other than saying "oh FGO looks so inconsistent so its poorly written hence argument invalid and stupid." Now you might gloss over one line of dialogue thinking it was insignificant because not an in your face major plot moment but playing through Dark Souls taught me how even simple one line of dialogue can have significance. That made me appreciate FGO even more as I managed to see just how much detail the writers put in many parts, even in some early chapters like Orleans. And mind you, Nasu is a Soulsbourne fan and actually mentioned Demon Souls Co-op being an influence for the FGO support system. I can already see some other influence like how CE descriptions are often use to dump some lore or give light to certain characters like how Soulsbourne makes use of item descriptions.

Not to mention utterly ignoring how Ishtar refused to take Fujimaru when the moment was quite serious and losing him would have been a big blow.

It's like saying Askeladd from Vinland Saga in inconsistent and poorly written in the last episode because he was always a murderous selfish war criminal and hence him sacrificing himself to get rid of a threat for his people makes him look stupidly inconsistent and out of character. When in reality it is just a misunderstanding due to not being able to differentiate between methods and motivation.
Mar 21, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
Rebelblade71 said:
ssjokg said:

Oh my bad for thinking you can see beyond face value. There is a difference between behavior shown towards others and actual intentions. Ishtar did act/behave like her usual proud and arrogant self but still helped out nonetheless.

Dunno about Drake but it was never specified that someone like Bedivere cannot enter Avalon at all or any hard criteria to do so. Some might be powerful enough to be an exception like Fou/Primate Murder who could perhaps travel between dimensions. Or Merlin being Merlin might let them in. That aside, I don't know why you brought this up other than saying "oh FGO looks so inconsistent so its poorly written hence argument invalid and stupid." Now you might gloss over one line of dialogue thinking it was insignificant because not an in your face major plot moment but playing through Dark Souls taught me how even simple one line of dialogue can have significance. That made me appreciate FGO even more as I managed to see just how much detail the writers put in many parts, even in some early chapters like Orleans. And mind you, Nasu is a Soulsbourne fan and actually mentioned Demon Souls Co-op being an influence for the FGO support system. I can already see some other influence like how CE descriptions are often use to dump some lore or give light to certain characters like how Soulsbourne makes use of item descriptions.

Not to mention utterly ignoring how Ishtar refused to take Fujimaru when the moment was quite serious and losing him would have been a big blow.

It's like saying Askeladd from Vinland Saga in inconsistent and poorly written in the last episode because he was always a murderous selfish war criminal and hence him sacrificing himself to get rid of a threat for his people makes him look stupidly inconsistent and out of character. When in reality it is just a misunderstanding due to not being able to differentiate between methods and motivation.

You tell me that I cant see beyond face value when you wrote an entire paragraph about you taking everything at face value because you and Nasu both play games of the Souls franchise...alright...You realize you are talking about the same guy that keeps saying how Herc's blows can destroy mountains but we never see that right?

When FSN was the only Fate, Avalon was Arturia's paradise, just for her. Then Last Episode came out and had Merlin helping her and Shirou reunite.

Point is that something that was thought to be only for her now has opened its door to other characters.

And I suggest reading the chapter again because it was Ishtar's idea to have him ride with her and it was Ritsuka that rejected it. If the situation was so serious then why did she have to even make that comment. IF she wasnt planning to let him ride with her then why even suggest it?

She is serious there both at helping and keeping him. It isnt that she cant give him back but that she wont.

Except that Rin-Ishtar is balancing between the bitch Ishtar and the FSN Rin we know.As Rin she will accept to help, as Ishtar she will take what she wants, acting this way isnt inconsistent at all and your example is way off.

This is the same fucking goddess that decided to fuck up all of Uruk because Gil wouldnt put his dick in her. So ffs dont try to tell me that she wouldnt act like that even in a serious situation.

EDIT:And for the sake of the argument, lets say that the anime fucked up there...what about every other scene?

But no other scenes where lore was shredded or the adaptation didnt stay true to the game are fine but that specific part, of that specific episode, by that specific director or whatever he was, is brought up again and again.

Ritsuka and Mash still riding Quetz's serpents after her "death"? Nah that's fine.
Benkei beating 2 Ushiwamaru clones when even the real Benkei lost against her? Nah that's fine.
Ushi clones making zero attempts to fight Benkei and stop Quetz at the same time? nah that's fine.
Now NPs can have whatever concept we want them to.Ultimo tope Patada/Xiuhcoatl is now the comet that killed the dinosaurs but it looks cool so who cares.
Whatever the fuck is the Nega Genesis bullshit? Nah lets not talk about that.
Quetz's body was breaking down before even using Piedra del sol but after Jaguar saves her her body is perfectly fine again.
Nether Quetz nor Gorgon damaged the "horns" that helped Tiamat fly but that somehow work.Guess any horn is fine.

If it looks cool it isnt a problem.
ssjokgMar 21, 2020 11:36 PM
Mar 21, 2020 11:45 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh it finally ended... its a light ending where ritsuka and mash are talking to servants and saying goodbye...

Up until... SOLOMON ARC... OHHH SOLOMIN ARC... YEAH!!!

Get ready for some big revelations plus the Real Boss battle.. yeah
Mar 21, 2020 11:48 PM
May 2015
I was expecting all the Babylonian gods/heroes to have perished. I don't know how Ishtar and Gilgamesh can survive in that world now.

Gil awarding the Grail to Ritsuku and Mash in the form of a toast was a nice touch, though.
Mar 22, 2020 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
Dude this was a fun ride

Cloverworks did a really good job adapting and animating this! Yeah it had it flaws but overall its still a pretty solid anime.

I will never gonna forget episode 18, the animation on that ep was probably one of the best ive ever seen over this past years.

Personally im gonna give this 9 but ma girl Quetzal was still alive,thankfully so its a 10 for me.She's the best girl *best big sister*

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 22, 2020 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
"Master and I are still underage and can't drink." Come on, Japan. We can have Kiritsugu smoking but not having Ritsuka accepting a drink from freaking King Gilgamesh? Ok then.

Satisfying conclusion for a very entertaining adventure overall. Having Ritsuka and Mash saying goodbye to everyone they met in Uruk was nice and the last scene with Gil giving his farewell speech was easily my favorite moment of this epilogue. Can't believe how much I ended up liking his Caster version, by the way. This adaptation sure made me see him in a different light and I couldn't be more glad about it.

Regarding the series as a whole, I honestly enjoyed it a lot. Plot was simpler than expected yet handled in a way it never felt boring nor too elaborate/pretentious. OST was decent, characters and interactions were rather charming and the animation which was one of this project's strongest points, was totally outstanding. Of course, there were some missteps here and there in terms of CGI but generally speaking, the way how CloverWorks kept the consistency throughout 21 episodes was truly impressive.

And as for some aspects I didn't like... which weren't many but still:
- During some episodes, the transition from serious moments to comedy ones felt kinda jarring.
- A bit disappointed they never showed a flashback or a proper mention of the Servants that were still alive before Chaldea's arrival.
- With all the hype surrounding King Hassan's introduction, I was expecting a more significant amount of screentime for him. There are still the Camelot movies tho.

But anyways, other than that, props to CloverWorks for doing a very good job with this adaptation. In that regard, I particularly liked the fact that they tried to give Ritsuka more presence as well as some proper characterization. And considering how much I hated him in First Order, I found his development and interventions in the series more welcome than anything else.

8/10 - Now let's wait for the Camelot movies. Not gonna lie, I'm actually kinda excited to see Artoria's busty Lancer version being animated.
Mar 22, 2020 1:54 AM
Oct 2019
Spend a month binge-watching through Fate just to start on Babylonia. And let me say, it did not disappoint me. As a non-gamer, every episode captivates me (I can understand why most gamers say Babylonia is one of the best singularity), especially the end episode 18-21. Not a lot of anime can sustain the same (or similar) quality from start to end, but FGO: Babylonia manage to do so. I even want to download the game just to experience the singularity all over again.

Some people may argue that the animation is not good enough as it is not Ufotable. But I think otherwise. Cloverworks did an amazing job adapting a Fate series (especially after the mess A1 and Shaft did). They honestly set the expectations quite high for any FGO adaptation. Over to you Production IG and Signal. MD for the Camelot adaptation

Contrary to popular opinion, the protagonist of FGO:Babylonia is not Ritsuka, instead it is actually Gilgamesh (King Gilgamesh, to be more precise)
Mar 22, 2020 2:59 AM

Aug 2013

best scene probably tbh
Mar 22, 2020 5:54 AM

Jun 2017
People might say that Ishtar or Eresh carried the show but for me, it clearly is a Gilgamesh/10.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Mar 22, 2020 6:14 AM

Dec 2014
wait wasn't this the final singularity .... hmm what's this with solomon
Mar 22, 2020 6:35 AM

Apr 2018
ibraheem234 said:
wait wasn't this the final singularity .... hmm what's this with solomon

A final boss fight with the one that caused all of the seven singularities.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Mar 22, 2020 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
I'm a bit bemused with this discussion thread. Half of it is filled with users giving good reasons why they enjoyed or felt let down by Babylonia, then the other half resembles a cesspit full of toxic users ranting at each other with countless paragraphs, trying to make their point more valid than the other. Nothing ever changes, huh? -_-

Anyway, my thoughts on this adaptation? Simply put, I think it was great.

That's not without it the odd fault or two. Anyone thinking that the anime could be successful with a 1:1 adaptation of the game's seventh singularity should look themselves in a mirror and question their stupidity. The narration of the story does have its weak poinst early on before things get really serious when Gorgon got into action, both here and in the original game.

However, I have to applaud Cloverworks for their efforts. Aside from some CGI models being iffy (Lahmu CGI models were very good, though), the visuals and animation was excellent, with episode 8 and 18 showcasing some stunning and jawdropping fluidity that had most of the Fate fanbase in awe.

The character dialogue and comedic moments were very enjoyable and most were done far better in the anime than in the game, which does make me happy. =D

8/10 will be my final score and I'm already hyped up for the upcoming Soloman animation in the future. It's great to be a FGO fan right now! ^_^
Mar 22, 2020 7:22 AM
Apr 2016
Aaaand the aftermath! All happy and go without anything too special.
Mar 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Feb 2019
and so Babylonia concluded, that banter between Merlin and Romani tho, great hint!

Gil to Enkidu: "That's called..." Called what Gil?? You can't spell that word out??

Solomon final boss is here.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 22, 2020 9:27 AM
Mar 2016
awesomelife said:
and so Babylonia concluded, that banter between Merlin and Romani tho, great hint!

Gil to Enkidu: "That's called..." Called what Gil?? You can't spell that word out??

I think that's called friendship or heroness?
Mar 22, 2020 9:33 AM

Jun 2019
Short_Circut said:

Without getting into spoilers territory, the Lostbelts aren't singularities anymore. But you shouldn't take Babylonia has its own thing, Fate/Grand Order is the story. What you experienced with this show was just a chapter among many others. And when I'm saying that the story in the second part of FGO keeps on getting better and better, that's not me trying to hype things up, it's genuinely true.
Mar 22, 2020 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
moonlightknight said:
awesomelife said:

I think that's called friendship or heroness?
Gil is such a tsun can't utter that word out in front of his clay for once.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 22, 2020 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
I do think the last episode is more like a filler (cos there's more like talking about their journey and stuff I guess) but that's okay, it still deliver a good satisfying ending. 9/10

Next up Solomon !!!
Mar 22, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2017
Meta_Yoshi said:
I'm a bit bemused with this discussion thread. Half of it is filled with users giving good reasons why they enjoyed or felt let down by Babylonia, then the other half resembles a cesspit full of toxic users ranting at each other with countless paragraphs, trying to make their point more valid than the other. Nothing ever changes, huh? -_-

Anyway, my thoughts on this adaptation? Simply put, I think it was great.

That's not without it the odd fault or two. Anyone thinking that the anime could be successful with a 1:1 adaptation of the game's seventh singularity should look themselves in a mirror and question their stupidity. The narration of the story does have its weak poinst early on before things get really serious when Gorgon got into action, both here and in the original game.

However, I have to applaud Cloverworks for their efforts. Aside from some CGI models being iffy (Lahmu CGI models were very good, though), the visuals and animation was excellent, with episode 8 and 18 showcasing some stunning and jawdropping fluidity that had most of the Fate fanbase in awe.

The character dialogue and comedic moments were very enjoyable and most were done far better in the anime than in the game, which does make me happy. =D

8/10 will be my final score and I'm already hyped up for the upcoming Soloman animation in the future. It's great to be a FGO fan right now! ^_^

Welcome to MAL forums my friend

Are you really surprised?
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Mar 22, 2020 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
I can pick bones with Babylonia. For instance, there was some noticeable slip-off in animation quality towards the end (I think it's most obvious with Merlin). There were some missed opportunities like how King Hassan should have clipped Tiamat's wings.

But none of that detracts from the fact that Babylonia was a superb adaptation of one of the best arcs in one of the most well-liked stories perhaps ever (I say this because look at FGO's worldwide revenue; it's insane). As a fan of any series you're always scared of adaptations screwing it up, and again, Babylonia was not perfect (looking back, it probably could've used one more episode to fit some content in), but I thought it was clear they put a lot of heart into it. The battles were crisp and well choreographed. The conversations mostly followed what was in-game, but anything that was improvised felt appropriate. The tracks were very good and matched the series very well (I think Ana's confrontation of Gorgon with the Prover song cutting in was an amazing touch). At the end of the day I just felt very satisfied because TM gave life to these scenes we could only perceive and imagine through the text and images in-game and the end product was just beautiful and touching. And I'm happy to hear that they will be animating Solomon too, although that was somewhat expected with the amount of times they teased the Mage King.

Now my only wish is that they would go back and animate every singularity, perhaps in 1-2 hour specials. I know some of the early ones are not great. But to animate First Order, then to go Camelot, Babylonia, and Solomon, but completely skip the middle ones...I think it's just a shame. TM has a real opportunity here like how it seized UBW and FZ to rekindle and bring in interest in FSN. I think if it cares enough, animating and reimagining each singularity can help FGO achieve the same.
zannettMar 22, 2020 7:51 PM
Mar 22, 2020 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
I am satisfied with how this turned out. Despite the rush factor they still manage to adopt 80% of the content and it felt like a gift as a fan of the game.

I will leave this parting Image. Gilgamesh is always dropping them words of wisdoms.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.