Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2007 7:42 PM

Nov 2004
Just saw this two episode OVA. Have to say, it was quite beautiful and sad. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Suigintou but it was nice to see the other characters. Especially Souseiseki *sniffs*. I'm glad while the focus of this was obviously on Suigintou and Shinku, Souseiseki got quite a bit of screen time still.

The OP and ED are creepy yet really nice. It has been a while since I looked at anything Rozen Maiden so the ED was good to remind me of the numbers, which doll is which. Although for the 7th they putted Barasuishou there instead of Kirakishou.

I wanna season 3 of Rozen Maiden. They need to introduce Kirakishou and finish off this whole Alice Game thing.
Jan 4, 2007 8:03 AM

May 2006
There has to be a 3rd season. The story was basically left unfinished.

As for the OVA, I agree with most of your thoughts. Apart from the fact that I am a fan of Suigintou (deadly beauty :) ), so I quite enjoyed this. It was nice to see her sad story...

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Jun 16, 2008 9:56 PM

Apr 2008
From the start of Rozen Maiden, I was a fan of Suigintou.. Although Im creeped out by her character.. Then I saw this OVA.. And I really felt sorry for her.. Now I understand the fact why Suigintou hates Shinku so much..

Hoping for a Season 3 :)
Jun 22, 2008 7:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Those two episodes were the best episodes of Rozen Maiden so far. Great music and a way of telling the story superior to that of the TV seasons. But now I have to finish Träumend heh. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 23, 2008 8:51 AM

Apr 2008
It was Shinku's fault! She didn't recognize her as Rozen Maiden. Still, I like Suiseiseki more than Suigintou. I can't see Suigintou's spark.

Oct 7, 2009 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Sylpheed said:
It was Shinku's fault! She didn't recognize her as Rozen Maiden.

But Suigintou didn't has a Rosa Mystica until Rozen gave it to her, this make it natural for Shinku to not recognize Suigintou as a Rozen Maiden. Otherwise, Shinku was mean.
Feb 20, 2010 5:46 AM

Jun 2009
Sylpheed said:
It was Shinku's fault! She didn't recognize her as Rozen Maiden. Still, I like Suiseiseki more than Suigintou. I can't see Suigintou's spark.

Suigintou is not a Rozen Maiden, in fact she is a self proclaim till Rozen gave her Rosa Mystica...

Shinku is not at fault here. She's just too kind for her own good. Thus she told a white lie.
AirStylesFeb 20, 2010 1:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2010 1:14 AM

Jul 2007
AirStyles said:
Sylpheed said:

Suigintou is not a Rozen Maiden, in fact she is a self proclaim till Rozen gave her Rosa Mystica...

Shinku is not at fault here. She's just too kind for her own good. Thus she told a white lie.

You're right there. Shinku was too kind for her own good and it wasn't her fault Suigintou got hurt as a result. When Suigintou returned with her Rosa Mystica however, Shinku's reception to her rebirth was appalling. She went out of her way from the very start of that scene to talk about how it was impossible for Suigintou to be a Rozen Maiden and how much better she and the rest of the Rozen Maidens were to her. She put the truth behind her kind words right there on the table for Suigintou to see in full. Shinku treated her as a friend, but only out of pity, only because she thought Suigintou was lesser than her. Even when she's there with her Rosa Mystica to show proof of her entry into the Alice Game, Shinku still looks at her as inferior. That's why she's a terrible bitch. Because despite how "kind" she may be, she's only doing it for her own self-satisfaction, and she can't stand to see someone "lesser" become her equal. Stuck-up, spoiled rotten, and self-satisfying, there really is no worse character in all of anime than that porcelain twat.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 2, 2010 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
Splitter said:
AirStyles said:
Sylpheed said:

You're right there. Shinku was too kind for her own good and it wasn't her fault Suigintou got hurt as a result. When Suigintou returned with her Rosa Mystica however, Shinku's reception to her rebirth was appalling. She went out of her way from the very start of that scene to talk about how it was impossible for Suigintou to be a Rozen Maiden and how much better she and the rest of the Rozen Maidens were to her. She put the truth behind her kind words right there on the table for Suigintou to see in full. Shinku treated her as a friend, but only out of pity, only because she thought Suigintou was lesser than her. Even when she's there with her Rosa Mystica to show proof of her entry into the Alice Game, Shinku still looks at her as inferior. That's why she's a terrible bitch. Because despite how "kind" she may be, she's only doing it for her own self-satisfaction, and she can't stand to see someone "lesser" become her equal. Stuck-up, spoiled rotten, and self-satisfying, there really is no worse character in all of anime than that porcelain twat.

Just so you know...

This OVA took place in the past, Shinku have changed half way through Traumend.

Shinku "WAS" a terrible bitch who looks at other dolls as inferiors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Jul 1, 2008

35 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 28, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 28, 11:09 PM

» SHINKU REACH NUMBER 8 IN ANIME CHARACTER OF THE DECADE!

AirStyles - Feb 20, 2010

3 by AirStyles »»
Mar 1, 2010 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.