Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2020 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
Mii2qt x3

Can't wait to see Payne vs Maple.
Mar 5, 2020 6:45 AM

Oct 2008
Guild war is imminent! and Maple will dominate and own them all! not even Payne is spared! wahahah!
5/5.

Mar 5, 2020 6:55 AM

Oct 2007
badabass said:
Holy shit Mii! Dont act too brave. You must be join Maple guild for having some fun instead!

her followers would be sad if she leave them. :(
Mar 5, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2019
the crimson whatever guild leader at the end there... that had me wheezing
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Mar 5, 2020 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
omg! as always this ep was soo faithful to mmos. as if. can we pay2whale already? i'm soo f-ing done.
Mar 5, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2017
Some really good cuts! Great episode.
I'd love to see maple detroying payne's guild
Mar 5, 2020 12:53 PM

Nov 2017
Swimsuits! This show gives me TenSura vibes. They just keep leveling up and acquiring skills so easily.
Good call for sally to pretend to be weaker and bluff. She gonna kick their asses. Seeing their guild be so over powered. Hmm so satisfying.

plz @ me
Mar 5, 2020 3:00 PM
Jan 2017
katsu044 said:
HeroVladimir93 said:
it's nigh-impossible for me to root for a character that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. I'd say that I'd hate-watch this show, so that's what I'm doing. Bofuri has officially exhausted my patience and I will enjoy criticizing it.
Kinda where am i at the middle of the week is so dead so this is the only airing show i have to watch lol

the moment you start critically thinking about bofuri as a MMO is where you run into a endless list of thinks to point out i feel like most fans have already tuned part out and just enjoy it for what it is which is fine

I tried to enjoy this show for what it is but it didn't work. I just can't bring myself to care about a protagonist who doesn't work for anything or get hurt or dwell on anything or even set up any personal goals. Most fictional protagonists have to obey the rules of their fictional universes to achieve their goals, but Maple's universe just keeps creating unlikely scenarios to make her look good and that doesn't sit well with me. It feels cheap and completely remove any conflict from the story.

I'm not trying to ruin Bofuri for anyone. If you like Bofuri, that's perfectly fine, more power to you, don't let me rain on your parade. I'm just stating reasons as to why I'm not enjoying this show. For what it's worth, I do believe this show is doing my right than wrong, but what it's doing wrong is so blatantly obvious that it overtakes the show's merits.
Mar 5, 2020 3:27 PM

Oct 2007
tottobennington said:
Some really good cuts! Great episode.
I'd love to see maple detroying payne's guild

want to see that too. Hopefully, can still happen in the remaining episodes. :p
Mar 6, 2020 12:19 AM

Mar 2017
I like how all of them just stand there wearing robe while tanking those damage with Maple's skill lol. At this point, we only need to wait for Maple to acquire a skill that makes her a god.

We actually haven't seen enough of Crom's power, wonder if he will show something in the next episode. Hope it's open field battle. That way he can use Unlimited Blade Works

ShinyOppai said:
*Maple enters Boss Lair*
The Boss: "Why Do I hear Boss music ?"

The Boss: "Wait this is not my battle music"

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 8, 2020 7:51 PM
Mar 6, 2020 3:11 AM

Oct 2007
the action scenes particularly Sally vs. Dread feels like it came from action anime, not cgdct at all. I hope to see more of these. Maybe the action scenes will be even better as the final episode nears.
Mar 6, 2020 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
The show just feels like it'll have one really good episode then follows it up with something really average. Maple remains the only fascinating about the whole show, almost everyone else might as well be invisible.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 6, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2011
HeroVladimir93 said:
katsu044 said:
Kinda where am i at the middle of the week is so dead so this is the only airing show i have to watch lol

the moment you start critically thinking about bofuri as a MMO is where you run into a endless list of thinks to point out i feel like most fans have already tuned part out and just enjoy it for what it is which is fine

I tried to enjoy this show for what it is but it didn't work. I just can't bring myself to care about a protagonist who doesn't work for anything or get hurt or dwell on anything or even set up any personal goals. Most fictional protagonists have to obey the rules of their fictional universes to achieve their goals, but Maple's universe just keeps creating unlikely scenarios to make her look good and that doesn't sit well with me. It feels cheap and completely remove any conflict from the story.

I'm not trying to ruin Bofuri for anyone. If you like Bofuri, that's perfectly fine, more power to you, don't let me rain on your parade. I'm just stating reasons as to why I'm not enjoying this show. For what it's worth, I do believe this show is doing my right than wrong, but what it's doing wrong is so blatantly obvious that it overtakes the show's merits.
that's fair it's rare for one of these LN adaptions to not be plagued more problematic issues but it still ends up using the most common trope for the genre make the main character OP and people love it but i personally find it the most uninteresting aspect for a story telling point granted this one doesn't have one and it's most all for fun.

it's funny i don't tend to get mad at why people like a thing but this is a case where the show kinda just average and they love it and i'm just sitting here trying to figure out "why?"
Mar 6, 2020 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
BlueIsLove said:
I like how all of them just stand there wearing robe while tanking those damage with Maple's skill lol. At this point, we only need to wait for Maple to acquire a skill that makes her a god.[/s]

fully armored knights trashed by lolis throwing mini cannonballs..

that guy who tried to stab Maple. One of the twins would have been enough to knock him out, but both of them hit him. I guess the twins don't like people stabbing their Maple onee-sama. :p

oh, this episode reached rank 31 on trending. ^^

Mar 6, 2020 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Maple's guild is doing really well, they will take at least top 3! Since they are small guild, they'll receive more orbs.
Sally is truly the assassin!

Can't wait for more episodes! Especially when everyone will see Maple's full power xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 7, 2020 1:38 AM

Feb 2018
- This episode is the Guild Battle episode and we finally see the other 2 guilds in action.
- Great fight scences
- Btw does someone know the title of the insert song in the end? 5/5 for me
Mar 7, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2008
Sally's scouting run was nifty. She held her own well without the aid of Maple Tree's mobile fortress.

Mii, though...
Mar 7, 2020 6:22 PM

Aug 2018
Frederica the "SMUG LOLI"
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 7, 2020 7:53 PM

Nov 2009
Sondfer said:
Not realistic - no drama in the guild. By this point someone had to cry about not getting good loot. Jokes aside, seeing our gang just having fun in the game is very satisfying.

Loot is not an issue when your guild is only 8 people... compared to big guilds over 30 ppls and such.

Also, it seems like that dungeon runs has no limits, as shown by Maple doing runs for the Twins over and over and got the achievement in the end for it. Meaning there's no loot shortage. (different from most IRL mmo games that limit dungeon runs per day... to make it either P2W or very Grindy)

BlueIsLove said:
I like how all of them just stand there wearing robe while tanking those damage with Maple's skill lol. At this point, we only need to wait for Maple to acquire a skill that makes her a god.

We actually haven't seen enough of Crom's power, wonder if he will show something in the next episode. Hope it's open field battle. That way he can use Unlimited Blade Works

Maple... so airheaded and innocent, but also the most dangerous as you never know what she'll do.

Also, apparently her Angel also covers up the Twin girls 0 Vit/ Def. As seen when the arrow bounces off the Twins.

___ ___ ___

Also... LOL, Frederica acts all tough, but she's most likely a cute Loli IRL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 10, 2020 4:58 AM
Sep 2019
If this was a game then being that stacked is just amazing
Mar 10, 2020 7:04 AM
Mar 2017
This episode had everything, even the obligatory visit to the beach, but most importantly the most challenging event began and the battle of guilds seems to be very intense.

It is increasingly fun to see the reactions of Maple's friends, they have become accustomed to the fact that the little girl with the shield completely overcame the barriers of being OP.

The girls took a break on the beach, Iz showed off with the swimsuits she made for the girls, but the fun was interrupted when Sally discovers that Frederica was spying on them, in the end this results in an intense duel between Sally and Frederica, where she shows a wide deployment of magical attacks and a barrier that I find quite nostalgic, finally Frederica surrenders and as a reward she gives Sally information about the members of the guild of the emperors of the flame and in turn Sally obtained a Look at what Frederica has to fight, although most likely it was only a little.

On the other hand, the rest of Maple Tree members continue training to be prepared for the day of the event and also get new equipment to be in better condition.

The rules of the event are practically steal and protect, something that works perfectly for the members of the Maple Tree.
I loved the new outfits of Mai and Yui, they look a lot like the one Maple wears.

The event begins and Sally, Kasumi and Chrome went hunting and get their first orb, but Sally gets completely out of control by causing a fight between two guilds, but she gets two more orbs.
Sally has an intense encounter with Dread and he proved to be a couple of steps higher than Sally, fortunately this one did not eliminate her.
Sally takes another risk and steals an orb that Mii had obtained and the leader of the flame emperors shows us her true personality, which I found very adorable, especially in the change in her tone of voice.

The final fight of Maple and her friends was pretty decent, they massacred each of the invaders and Maple in her angel form proved to be a perfect skill for this event.

Now it only remains to see how this event progresses and when will be the time when the Maple Tree must face the two strongest guilds.
Mar 12, 2020 2:26 AM

Jul 2009
Sally's time to shine!
Mar 13, 2020 4:27 AM

Jan 2016
this event will be cool, I'm more interested in seeing players versus players rather than players vs bots.
Apr 3, 2020 3:40 AM

Nov 2013
LOOOL I had a feeling Mii was putting on a facade.
That part with her crying after Sally got away was hilarious!
Jun 2, 2020 4:32 AM

Feb 2019
The Flame Emperors (?) guild leader Mii's reaction was so funny and cute! Didn't think she could be that cute given her usual leader personality lol felt kinda sad that Sally managed to get her orb after seeing that
Jun 11, 2020 2:36 PM

May 2013
I want more growth from the other characters too, not solely Maple. Sally's been gaming way longer than Maple and has even won trophies. I'm glad she's being highlighted this ep. Her experience shows through her skill bluffs and play style. I'm just hoping she's gained a lot of new skills we've yet to see as well.

I also have high hopes for Kasumi bc she kept up with Sally well when she made her debut to the anime. Don't disappoint, Kasumi :3 your skills are so pretty~

lol we find out Mii-chan is one of those masked personality type of charas. She doesn't seem like such a threat when she's not putting on her badass queen show.
Jun 21, 2020 6:15 PM

May 2020
Guild war starts!!. Sally is so awesome as a rouge. At the same time, Maple is just so op as hell as always. Very fun to watch! Last 3 eps left!!
Sep 2, 2020 2:21 PM
Feb 2018
It a been a long wait for the english dub but worth the wait
Sep 12, 2020 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Wasn't expecting Mii to be that type of character at all lmao
Jan 28, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2016
OMG, Mii is such an unexpected cutie. Absolutely loved her crybaby reaction when she couldn't catch Sally. So moe~
Apr 16, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2020
Maple is a sweet little angel. <3

That beach part was nice. :)
Apr 26, 2021 5:43 AM

Sep 2012
why isn't maple using her poison wall to block ppl from getting in their base? she used it in the other event

why aren't rogues so awesome in real life mmorpg's (able to take down groups of players same and higher lvl that fast if u know what ur doing)? that's disappointing

Led_Wayline said:
Sally's scouting run was nifty. She held her own well without the aid of Maple Tree's mobile fortress.

Mii, though...

and how she fooled 2guilds in to fighting each other lol
Sugram22Aug 8, 2021 11:56 AM
Oct 17, 2021 5:09 AM

May 2017
Realy enjoyed the frederica fight , however , the best swimsuit girl would have been kasumi , why they didnt add her 😓

Also i wasnt excepting the fire girl guild to be owned by sally that easely
Or fire girl spaming her fire that much
Or her crying in a cute way 🤤
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 17, 2021 5:38 AM

May 2017
HeroVladimir93 said:
So, we've got a character that tries to prepare before a fight begins and another who puts on a stoic personality because she wants to be a good leader to her teammates. Why can't the show be about them!? Seriously, I'm rooting for anyone other than Maple and her guild at this point. Maple is not better than the other players, she's just luckier than them. Luck is the only thing going for her and it's nigh-impossible for me to root for a character that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. I'd say that I'd hate-watch this show, so that's what I'm doing. Bofuri has officially exhausted my patience and I will enjoy criticizing it.

If you're looking for something serious , you should avoid cute loli shows

Also who said she was lucky ? Theres only 2 part where you could say she was lucky , geting angel skill , geting her lazer weapon , yet she was only exploring the city

Shes not lucky , she just do things the way every real player do , the problem is the other players that arent doing what they should do

Thoses players from pain guild , they got everything they have cause they were lucky to start the game before the others and they were lucky to get thoses skills (cause it seems most player arent that lucky)
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Dec 24, 2021 5:29 AM

Nov 2014
I love how that green hair guy was the first one to get done in by Maple in the first event. He got rekt again.

Besides that, Mii having that sort of personality behind her public persona is interesting. Maybe we might see her interact with Maple soon.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 13, 2022 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
I thought that Sally would use some low-level skills in her duel, but even better she faked some haha. That flame empress is actually quite cute and sick and tired of leading, did not expect that at all. With how overpowered Maple and Sally are, I can't see them losing this at all.
Oct 27, 2022 11:55 AM

Aug 2018
Does Mii even want to be guild leader?.. She doesn't look too happy at times..
Oct 31, 2022 5:09 AM

May 2015
Maple tree going for it!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 16, 2022 1:50 PM

Jun 2019
The guild wars have officially started and it's just getting interesting. Love Maple.
Dec 16, 2022 3:18 AM

Nov 2022
Sally the Saboteur. Of course she'd come up with the strategy to bring chaos among guilds. I wonder if Maple Tree, Flame Emperors, and Holy Sword Guilds will directly clash for an orb capture/retrieval. Not a lot of players know the full capabilities of the Maple Tree guild and may just be a full on showcase of it.
Dec 21, 2022 9:02 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ayo that Healer and Flame Emperor though...
Jan 2, 2023 12:57 PM
Feb 2016
No es que quiera comentar en cada capitulo, pero es que obligatorio para dar una puntuación al eposidio, así que ni modo

Jun 21, 2023 8:45 AM

Aug 2019
Things finally got interesting again in this episode! I haven't really been that interested in the last like maybe 2 or 3 episodes but this was definitely better! Highlights for me were probably Sally and Frederica dueling, and of course the whole event. It's pretty good!

Also something I think I don't really like about this show so far is probably how a lot of scenes are kind of the same, where the guild members just sort of spend a part of the episode grinding enemies to level up and get new equipment. I haven't been paying too much attention to those scenes but I feel like that's happened a lot up until now. Idk it's just something that feels a bit off lol

Also yeah what was that swimsuit scene lol
Jul 18, 2023 2:03 PM
Jan 2023
Another great episode with a lot of well animated fights. Definitely didn't feel like 20 minutes had past when watching it.
Given the combination of skills Maple Tree has, I would say they have a good shot at winning this event, but I guess all will be revealed.
Oct 27, 2023 5:34 PM
Mar 2023
Is Mii putting on an act? Every time we have seen her she as been commanding and strong and now she starts crying all because Sally got away from her
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Nov 2013
Now this is just boring.
There are bunch of God-like players and the others are just like 1st lvl idiots.
I don't get it. They don't even pay real money in this game, why a few people are so strong, why the others can't do the same? Apparently, you don't even need to play 24/7, let alone pay real money to be like God of the game. So why are the other people just running around like headless chickens?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.