Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 13, 2020 1:59 PM
Jul 2016
I've been meaning to catch up on certain classic anime I still haven't seen, and I'm interested in watching Full Metal Panic next. However, I just got done with Fairy Tail, and I can't sit through another anime with gratuitous fanservice. A little bit here and there is okay (like SAO or MHA levels of fanservice), but I've heard that there's a fair amount in Full Metal Panic, so I'm hesitant to start it. So, my question is just how much fanservice is there in Full Metal Panic and how bad is it?
Feb 13, 2020 2:27 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
pretty sure most of the fanservice happens during the SoL moments. Well, FMP has far less episodes than fairy tail so im sure you can do it. Oh but uh you might not like fumofu..

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 13, 2020 2:48 PM

Sep 2018
As far as I remember, not so much. Granted, I watched it more than 10-15 years ago so I can't be sure, but I don't think there was anything more than what you described. I myself find most fanservice unnecessary and sometimes even outright disruptive so I get why you are asking.

As the post above mine said, if it's there, it'll probably be in the in-between slice of life episodes (and although Fumoffu was good and funny in my opinion, it was also a spin off so don't worry if you don't enjoy it and want to skip it).

All for one, one for all, all for one and one for all
Some for some, none for none
Slightly less for people we don't like
And a little bit more for me
Feb 13, 2020 2:56 PM

Nov 2008
There are some panty shots...and they do them at the most stupid, distracting moments too. There's your standard censored nudity during bathing moments as well.

But it's pretty tame compared to what you see in anime nowadays. Wouldn't call it 'gratuitous', at least.

Feb 13, 2020 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
Full Metal Panic TSR and Full Metal Panic IV don't have anything I'd consider fan service at all. Fumoffu and the first season of Full Metal Panic might have a couple of scenes but it doesn't over stay it's welcome nor is it excessive.
Feb 13, 2020 5:22 PM

Oct 2017
It has some, but really nothing overdone to an extent. It was a really good anime back then.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 13, 2020 5:27 PM
Anime crunchtime

Jun 2017
The second season as a bit of nudity here and there (which is pretty strange, considering KyoAni's doing it..), so if you're not a fan of that it might be hard on you, just saying!
Feb 13, 2020 5:43 PM
Ecchi_no_Ou

Oct 2018
Well if you consider nudity as fanservice, then FMP 2nd Raid has some full-frontal scenes in one of the episodes at least, but probably just on the DVD/BRay versions - can´t say if the TV aired episodes were uncensored or not - and, as far as I know, this is the only anime where KyoAni went explicitly nude.
Feb 14, 2020 12:32 AM
Jul 2016
Chiibi said:
There are some panty shots...and they do them at the most stupid, distracting moments too. There's your standard censored nudity during bathing moments as well.

But it's pretty tame compared to what you see in anime nowadays. Wouldn't call it 'gratuitous', at least.

Okay, good to know. The amount of fanservice you described should be fine, so long as the rest of the anime is good.

anixt4n said:
pretty sure most of the fanservice happens during the SoL moments. Well, FMP has far less episodes than fairy tail so im sure you can do it. Oh but uh you might not like fumofu..

Well, I did watch Fairy Tail over a period of a few years, so it wasn't one long marathon thankfully. And as long as FMP's fanservice is constricted to the slice of life moments, like you said, and doesn't creep into important fight scenes or whatever, it should be fine.

thefjords said:
As far as I remember, not so much. Granted, I watched it more than 10-15 years ago so I can't be sure, but I don't think there was anything more than what you described. I myself find most fanservice unnecessary and sometimes even outright disruptive so I get why you are asking.

As the post above mine said, if it's there, it'll probably be in the in-between slice of life episodes (and although Fumoffu was good and funny in my opinion, it was also a spin off so don't worry if you don't enjoy it and want to skip it).

If people like you who don't prefer fanservice still enjoy FMP, then I probably will too. I usually just roll my eyes at fanservice and move on with the anime if I otherwise like it, but lately I've seen a few too many anime where the fanservice actually became a huge distraction, so I've been trying to avoid those types of series. But, based on the responses to my question, I might have to give FMP a chance fairly soon.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenFeb 14, 2020 1:54 AM
Feb 14, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 26, 2008

80 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

notestinet - Apr 25, 2008

116 by JoexySun »»
Apr 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 24, 2008

73 by DebiPS »»
Mar 17, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

50 by PurpleMagic »»
Feb 11, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 23, 2008

61 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Feb 5, 1:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.