Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2020 9:33 AM

Aug 2019
so i wanna start flcl but ive heard both dub and sub is good? if someone could just give points in the difference between them (like ive heard the dub is fun but the sub is more expressive) id appreciate it.
Feb 12, 2020 10:47 AM
May 2019
Dub. It's one of the only 3 animes in existence with a good English dub
Feb 12, 2020 10:53 AM
May 2019
I would say sub, dub doesn't sound right to me.
A lot of people like dub because of nostalgia.

Feb 16, 2020 8:01 PM

Feb 2020
fuckgendo said:
so i wanna start flcl but ive heard both dub and sub is good? if someone could just give points in the difference between them (like ive heard the dub is fun but the sub is more expressive) id appreciate it.

I’ve only watched the dub, but it’s easily the most enjoyable dub I’ve ever heard. The directors really seemed to care about making a dub that would be more of an English ‘equivilant’ to the Japanese original (the Japanese references are sometimes replaced with American references that an American would be likely to recognize. Also I don’t want to generalize by equating English with just America, but the references I knew were mostly American because I live in the u.s.)

I don’t know, both are great but when you have a great dub for a series it’s always nice to take a break from subs imo

also I fuckin love your username
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2020 3:02 AM

Aug 2019
rat_priest said:
fuckgendo said:

I’ve only watched the dub, but it’s easily the most enjoyable dub I’ve ever heard. The directors really seemed to care about making a dub that would be more of an English ‘equivilant’ to the Japanese original (the Japanese references are sometimes replaced with American references that an American would be likely to recognize. Also I don’t want to generalize by equating English with just America, but the references I knew were mostly American because I live in the u.s.)

I don’t know, both are great but when you have a great dub for a series it’s always nice to take a break from subs imo

also I fuckin love your username

YOURE LIKE THE FIRST PERSON WHO HASNT SHITTEN ON ME FOR MY NAME THANK YOU

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.