Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Estarossa is back and awake now. Looks like he knows Elizabeth but doesn't fully explain himself. Kinda amusing that he "wants" Elizabeth.

The "fight" (if it can even be called that) was weird. Most noticably, Meliodas said something to Zeliodas that made him change his mind. They adapted the manga surprisingly well on that part although I'm still amused by their fight.

Honestly felt bad for Elizabeth this episode.
Feb 5, 2020 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
Sakamoto-san's character thinks what KajiKaji's character said is not intended. She also checked on Hawk, who seems to be used as as connection of king's observation.

Her father went through the way and returned as old man. Confusing time and conscious.

As immortal, Suzuki-san's character said he wants to go and save KajiKaji's character.

That majin who was long sleeping woke up and joins the brother fight. KajiKaji's character is strong and got his brothers under his power.

He only came to get his brother's power, which father lend it, but realized not enough to undo the curse. Separated power in enemy team members, and his brother's power is part of it. The ancestors are no more because they officially out. Then needs to retrieve rest?

KajiKaji's character thinks her feeling to him is because her mother. So Princess going to fight and recruit the group to save him. Not sure if he really has feeling for her or he just pretended to be that loving form to let princess to lose guard (really has no feeling for her now).

That majin who "tended" the long sleeping majin this time.
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2020 4:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2020 4:08 PM

Jan 2020
YO ELIZABETH SLAPPED THE ABSOLUTE FIRE OUT THIS FOOL LMAOOOOOOOOO

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 5, 2020 6:18 PM

Apr 2019
Finally something half interesting begins to happen. I have hope the end of this season rescue at least something of the anime we used to love
Feb 5, 2020 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
I feel like wherever they choose to end this season, it'll be in a weird spot in terms of pacing. Sort of like the previous season where it ended right after the Fraudrin fight.
Feb 6, 2020 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
Wow.
Such action.
Many animation.
Cool movementements.
Feb 6, 2020 1:08 AM
Jun 2017
who will be saved first? will it be meliodas or will it be elizabeth? well lest see what will happen with this one...

and peronia appeared in this series and her "-deshi". hahaha
Feb 6, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2017
Ban went to the purgatory for Meliodas, he's such a great guy.
Feb 6, 2020 2:28 AM

Jul 2017
Animation is shit as expected, though art has improved a bit.
Ban still showing why he and Escanor are the best characters in this series.
Feb 6, 2020 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
Good episode but not digging this story's ending,this went too far and is just plain boring now,i'm still curious to see what the goddess and demon's king look like but when i remember how hyped i was about this show i just feel sad.

I really hope this is the final season,if there's more i won't watch it,this season 3 was the last try for me and it was a trainwreck,if it was only the animation that was inconsistant....
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 6, 2020 2:56 AM
Sep 2015
I think the drama part between Elizabeth and Meliodus is good, possibly because of amazing voice performance. And Elizabeth just give Meliodus the best slap I've ever seeen LOL.

But don't get me wrong, I'm still maintain my strong yaoi ship, even in a show full of hetero couples like this.
Feb 6, 2020 4:07 AM

May 2018
Meliodas got bitch slap by his wife. I'm enjoying this more than Meliodas vs Escanor.
Feb 6, 2020 9:17 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was actually decent in terms of art direction; animation was still on the weak side but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at this point.
I hate when a character's motivations are completely changed through a whisper in the ear and we, the audience, have no context. It's not suspenseful, its just annoying.
In fact, neither Zeldris or Estarossa's change of heart feels naturally progressed at all. And now we are just handed the fact that Hawk has been a portal to purgatory this whole time? This entire narrative going all the way back to Revival has just been one asspull after another...
I hope this show can get back on its feet, hopefully it can finish this cour off strong and be picked up by a half competent studio in the future.

Gorochu said:
Meliodas got bitch slap by his wife. I'm enjoying this more than Meliodas vs Escanor.

LOL you ain't wrong. Oh how far this show has fallen :cry
Feb 6, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
Going to Purgatory through Hawk? That's some crazy bagshit progression of story plot, but it's a high risk for the Seven Deadly Sins to recapture the entirety of Meliodas. And Ban made the choice to plunge into Purgatory.

Fighting against him, Zeldris and Estarossa for powers and Elizabeth respectively. And even both teachers Cusack and Chandler in the presence. Surprised that the animation managed to match the manga for being a low-brow event sequence.

On getting their issues ironed out, both Meliodas and Elizabeth have consequences each, no wonder they're called "the fated lovers". And the latter has no choice but to defect against Meliodas and regroup with the Sins to save him, that's probably for the best.
Feb 6, 2020 7:43 PM
Mar 2015
So many plans in motion
Feb 7, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2018
Do you think they will fix some of the stuff for the Netflix release? i hope they do... even if it's just a few stuff.
Feb 8, 2020 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Peronia is the MVP of this episode. Cuteness overload.
Feb 28, 2020 5:32 AM

Aug 2015
the episode was watchable i guess

is peronia inspired by perona from OP?
Feb 29, 2020 10:58 AM

May 2015
Wow Ban is useful again! Lets celebrate.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2020 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! Hawk-chan is the bridge towards the Purgatory!?
of course Ban is the perfect choice to go to Purgatory since he won't age and the convenience of immortality.
LOLZ Meliodas got slapped by Elizabeth pretty hard!
the concept of the tem commandment just got more interesting! nice episode!
5/5.

Mar 8, 2020 1:56 PM
Apr 2016
Well... one hell of a slap for sure! Ban is in for some suffering and physical torture; that will be gruesome for sure.
Mar 15, 2020 6:05 AM
Jun 2014
I love how everyone is working towards a non favourable end. Seven deadly sins goal achieves? Elizabeth dies. Meliodas becomes demon king? He can't return.

So what plot bullshit does the author cook up for it all to work out?
Mar 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder what he told Zeldris.
Apr 9, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2018
my my, Meliodas and Zeldris sound exactly the same now xD
Aug 17, 2020 7:12 AM

May 2020
The story is good but it's just feels like it's a bit chaotic and unorganized.
Oct 17, 2020 3:45 AM
Jul 2017
CondemneDio said:
Wow.
Such action.
Many animation.
Cool movementements.

Lol +1

I think we can infer what was said to Zeldris, have to see.
Nov 14, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2014
Tbh him becoming king would solve everything: not only curse, but he also could stop war and work with other races. The only downside - being separated from Elizabeth - seems like much easier thing to fix or find woraround that current problems.

I'm happy Ban finally gets his chance to shine. With everyone getting (cheap) powerups, he sure felt useless. He is easily my favourite character so I hope his little adventure will be good.
Mar 23, 2021 3:08 AM

Sep 2012
Panzer92 said:
Tbh him becoming king would solve everything: not only curse, but he also could stop war and work with other races. The only downside - being separated from Elizabeth - seems like much easier thing to fix or find woraround that current problems.

I'm happy Ban finally gets his chance to shine. With everyone getting (cheap) powerups, he sure felt useless. He is easily my favourite character so I hope his little adventure will be good.

he said that won't be enough i think hes planning to kill the King of demons and the Deity sins both cursed them, they do deserve it so i hope it happens
May 27, 2021 9:11 PM
Oct 2019
bitch, you've lived for 3,000 years and you're saying you're afraid to die. you don't want to live if you can't be with meliodas even though you've spent a huge chunk of the last 3,000 years with him and in love with him and you remember all of it (eventually). stfu

collecting the commandments to increase his power. alright. i can see that. but grabbing the commandment off that dead demon in the previous season seems like a bit of a retcon...

when meliodas turned back into non-demon mode for a moment there i thought "wow, that was easy". and then he turned right back into demon mode and said "he feels nothing" for elizabeth? ... *confused look*
Dec 5, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
So Meliodas is now a demon but can still kinda control his emotions? He should've just killed his brothers and take the commandments by force.
May 4, 2022 5:06 PM

Jan 2020
Ah, Meliodas finally did something, kinda. I was expecting the clash between the three brothers to be more impressive. Even with the bad animation, Meliodas really didn't show any impressive skill for countering his brothers. He just enveloped them in this energy, like, eh. And, as a side note, Meliodas' brothers are both pretty annoying.

I still find it to be extremely odd and borderline gross that Meliodas, in at least some iterations of this cursed cycle, finds and knows Elizabeth from the time she is a baby and they still end up falling in love. It seems like if you helped care for someone as a baby, changing diapers and such, it would just be awkward, to say the least, to be in a romantic relationship with them. Its like pedophilia with extra steps.

Meliodas face after getting hit by Elizabeth was amusing at least. Reminded me of the scene in Trigun where Knives can't believe Vash would actually shoot him.

At this point I'll probably just plan to read the manga one day.
commonxreactionMay 4, 2022 5:11 PM

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 17, 2022 2:22 AM

Apr 2019
hope Ban does retrieve Meliodas' emotions
Aug 30, 2023 12:41 PM
Apr 2023
Good episode! Explains a lot of what is to come and it was all very cool to hear.
Feb 27, 7:10 PM

Sep 2023
Always good to have more kawaii lolis added, although, as cute as Peronia is, loli Merlin is cuter 😽

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

90 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.