Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another unusual episode this time, the conference episode. not gonna lie, it was quite nerve-racking seeing people get shut down in front of a big audience. i'm sure any other grad student would find this episode relatable in some way
nevertheless, Kanade did a good job presenting her topic

almost no romance this episode, but we did get some artificial drama going on with a cliffhanger
Feb 28, 2020 9:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good episode, I know it's always hard to speak in front of lot of people but Kanade presentation was successful, and lol that end, Ayame is jealous
Feb 28, 2020 9:44 AM
Sep 2015
OK so this is proposal examination and not thesis examination.

Meanwhile I ship Inukai with.... myself!
Feb 28, 2020 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
Presentations are fuuuuuun
Feb 28, 2020 10:55 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I can't beilive that Yukimura hugged Kanade. That's the ultimate betryal...

Okay but really, Himuro was literally there and overheard the reasoning. Are they actually going to make this the biggest wedge in their relationship for the second to last episode?
Feb 28, 2020 11:02 AM

Feb 2019
I felt bad for that first presenter. Imagine compiling all that info and preparing only to get shut down by a guest presenter's question, smh. Definitely relate to that fear of presenting in front of a group. It's funny though, once you get up there and start talking it's really easy. The key is to just have a regular conversation with the audience. Just be yourself and have fun with it.

I'm glad that Yukimura didn't kiss her or anything, but even the hug was enough to make Himuro upset. That confrontation at the end was tense, wonder how it'll go next week. Can't wait! This anime is a perfect example of anime being used to promote the source material. Got vols 1-7 of the manga last week because I just couldn't wait for the next ep.

Y'all have a great weekend!
Feb 28, 2020 11:04 AM

May 2019
This was a really great episode, and quite relatable for many students in STEM fields, which is something I've never experienced before while watching anime. My heart aches for the red-haired dude at the beginning. He experienced my biggest fears. That part was quite terrifying lol

I'm glad they didn't focus only on the romance of the main cast and attached importance to the rest of the Ikeda lab members.

This anime is becoming a true gem for me.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 28, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2017
Yes, Kousuke, tell him! Research into improving games is very valuable in our modern society, especially in Japan which is one of the leading countries in gaming development.

I felt so sorry for the first guy; that would knock my confidence hard if I was in that situation. I thought it was great that his presentation compared to Kanade's presentation showed that as far as work is concerned quality over quantity is better!
Feb 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Man, I feel sorry for the guy that presented it first.

Good job to Torasuke, that was one hell of a presentation. You're a true hero.

Kanade's presentation went well and I'm happy for her.

Feb 28, 2020 12:44 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That sure is an amazing view. Ayame though sure is quite determined to be in physical contact with Yukimura though. The presentation on Nash Equilibriums though sure was rather complex. As if being embarrassed wasn't enough though being scared by the aura of the Dean though must have been downright horrifying. In such a serious environment Kosuke's project matter sure was brave. Kanade's fear though is quite understandable considering her audience. Still the motivation by Yukimura though blunt sure managed to fire her up. Her first slide though sure fast with the shock assault. But using her sempai's date as her topic though sure was an interesting subject matter. While Kanade's prep and work for her presentation certainly played a large part in her success its surprising just how much the others helped in their ways as well. Looks like Himura will have quite the reckoning with Yukimura over Kanade next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2020 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
Torasuke the GOAT. Lmao he really went through with that presentation, truly a man of culture.
MegamiRemFeb 28, 2020 1:21 PM
Feb 28, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
Lol they will have to research jealousy, And see how it ruins everything not to mention creates insecurities that only widen the gap in relationships.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 28, 2020 3:36 PM

Jun 2017
MegamiRem said:
Torasuke the GOAT. Lmao he really went through with that presentation, truly a man of culture.

Definitely the hero we need but don't deserve!
Feb 28, 2020 5:32 PM
Jun 2017
ohhh thats why i dont like reseach... especially the PROPOSAL DEFENSE AND THE FINAL RESEARCH DEFENSE... I remembered when i am still a student our group really are rehearsing for the said research defense and prepared for the questions to be thrown to our group...

anyways kosuke's research is a great one, but kanade's reserach is also a great one.. love this episode
Feb 28, 2020 5:54 PM
Jan 2017
It's time for the characters to begin their presentations, and needless to say, this is nerve-wracking on multiple levels. We actually see a student crack under the pressure. Fortunately, our main characters manage to deliver their topics and come out relatively unscathed. It was awesome seeing Inukai stand by his research and prove that he is more than just a living punchline. At the same time, Kanade displays how far she has come under Yukimura's tutelage and begins to truly come into her own as a scientist. Unfortunately, problems seem to be on horizon, especially with that lazy attempt to create drama between Yukimura and Himuro. What is this, a soap opera? I understand that dramatic things must happen in order to keep viewers on the edge of their seats, but I expected this show to smarter than this. Hopefully, this plotline will be handled more cleverly in the next episode.
Feb 28, 2020 6:36 PM

Apr 2013
As a fellow researcher I found this episode pretty relatable, lol. Btw, Kosuke is a hero.
Feb 29, 2020 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
This ep was just great!
Could it be that we will see the yandere side of Himuro? 7_7
Feb 29, 2020 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
Hardgore_Lasagna said:
As a fellow researcher I found this episode pretty relatable, lol. Btw, Kosuke is a hero.

Im on the same boat as you(Chemist btw^^). I couldnt agree more, Kosuke is indeed a god.XD
Feb 29, 2020 6:23 AM

Jul 2017
The Okinawa beach training trip comes to a close, and with that, the dreaded theory presentations have come for the STEM students to be presented before the massive crowd of scientists alike like any curicclum.

Right from the get-go, I'd really pity the first student presenting about Nash Equilibrium and its vast algorithimic uses. Too bad it isn't methodized very well, and even if it's evident, the layman's perspective nailed the final coffin, not to mention the extreme tension. Pro tip: Always be prepared and double-check your work!

Next up, Torasuke's waifu-focused theory on NP-hard "travelling salesman" problem.
MomoSinX said:
MegamiRem said:

Definitely the hero we need but don't deserve!
I SECOND THAT! Why do professors NOT get the point is beyond me.

The most worrying is Kanade herself, lacking confidence on top of her "complete but feeling imcomplete" research. To calm her down, engaging her in physical contact through a somewhat guided (but misunderstood) experiment is Yukimura's usual scientific sense, but not boding well for Himuro and Kanade. Regardless, Yukimura gave her his ultimate confidence and off she goes.

Surprisingly, Kanade's "travelling salesman" problem we've seen throughout the last few episodes, really pulled through. With help from Yukimura drilling her, it ended up being simple and concise with tact and precision.

Even Torasuke who'd thought that his presentation wouldn't work, did wonders. But trouble is brewing between Yukimura and Himuro...what will become of their relationship?
Feb 29, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
ricksed said:
I can't beilive that Yukimura hugged Kanade. That's the ultimate betryal...

Okay but really, Himuro was literally there and overheard the reasoning. Are they actually going to make this the biggest wedge in their relationship for the second to last episode?

I think it will be a mock fight to complement their research...
Feb 29, 2020 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
Inukai's presentation was brilliant, his passion was searing.

Kanade did fine too. Unexpectedly well, even. Albeit it took an extraordinary measure to make Kanade get over her stage fright. Which will undoubtedly have consequences.

I loved how Kanade punched Yukimura away as she realised what was going on. Right back to her regular self. Seeing Himuro's response was crushing, though.
Feb 29, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 2019
Man, nearly every presentations done here where just sooo lame.........
Feb 29, 2020 4:09 PM

Sep 2017
I can't imagine ever being that unprepared for a presentation in front of an assorted group that large. Still there is always one kinda annoying guy at colloquiums and conferences asking too many questions. The "cliff hanger" is w/e.
Feb 29, 2020 6:30 PM

Dec 2010
Dude... When I saw the title was Nash equilibrium, what immediately came to mind was the movie "A beautiful mind" which is based of the life of John Nash. It's a very nice film about a person with schizophrenia.

It's not a hard topic. I can't believe the presenter can't even explain the advantages of it.
It's basically finding the best solution in a game where all the players are happy (win at the end), taking into account each player's strategy.
Feb 29, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2016
Kosuke was the MVP with that presentation lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 1, 2020 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
Yandere flag from himuro is pretty heavy at the end
Mar 1, 2020 4:11 AM

Apr 2011
Only two episodes left and I have no idea how they're gonna give us any sort of satisfying conclusion. šŸ§

Still, this show is very cute and very wacky, sort of reminds me of an educational wagnaria in some ways.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 1, 2020 6:22 AM
Apr 2018
Himuro was eavesdropping, right? She didn't leave when she saw him hugging Kanade, she was hiding behind the board, so why get jealous?
Mar 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
This episode takes me back to those days when I was working on my thesis presentation xD I enjoyed every bit of it.

Mar 1, 2020 12:04 PM

May 2018
Lame................................................................................................................
Mar 1, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
Ahh this episode remind me of my thesis presentation few years ago :D,

it seems Himuro really want to hug Yukimura so bad XD, i hope she can accomplish that in the future episode.

as for the presentation, Kosuke really put his all in it, it was hilarious he even stand strong with his arguments and ended up great.

as for Kanade, Yukimura quite dense in using his method to encourage her, well that theory only be applied on mom-kid relationship tho XD. Still, good grief that he get her out of her nervous and end up delivering a great presentation even answering all the asker question perfectly.

well the bad part'll happen to YukimuraxHimuro, she happened to saw he hugged Kanade(mom-kid theory) XD that ends up to jealousy and another... cliffhanger...

looking from the next episode title,. i assume there'll be fight between the two of them.. can't wait to see it.
Mar 1, 2020 3:59 PM
Mar 2015
Great presentation of the date but you can't hug another woman in front of your GF
Mar 2, 2020 1:18 PM

Feb 2019
Torasuke should take his shit seriously sometimes.

Also, Himuro got some misunderstanding there.
Mar 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
Is the mangaka a scientist in real life?
I don't understand any terminology of science and there's math too which I hate >,<

I'm annoyed why they won't hug and kiss already!! always stopping the good scene :/
erenmeiiMar 2, 2020 10:24 PM
Mar 4, 2020 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
The whole episode was totally hilarious!
So this episode is where Inukai & Kanade presented their research to all those critics!
The moment Inukai said EROgamer! i wanna hold me red stick as well! so hilarious!
Himuro has very BAD TIMING to see that hug of Yukimura to Kanade! seems like a start of fight in the next episode!
Kanade's presentation was a success!
LOL at the last part! Inukai just got fired-up because he called critic sensei BALDY! BWAHAHAHA!
5/5!

Mar 7, 2020 2:13 AM

Dec 2014
Damn the intensity..hmmm the end though
Mar 19, 2020 5:05 PM

Dec 2016
YamEnele said:
Is the mangaka a scientist in real life?
I don't understand any terminology of science and there's math too which I hate >,<

Many times authors are using help of scientist consultants.
Or maybe mangaka have degree in math? just like author of Witcher books have degree in economy.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 20, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that eyecatch took me by surprise. HOT DAMN, KANADE! I'm so happy her presentation was a success. BEST GIRL
Mar 22, 2020 9:10 AM

Apr 2016
Nice! Both Kosuke's and Kanade's presentations were successful. Kanade got a hug from Yukimura tho.. that's gonna create some tension between him and Himuro. I saw Yukimura in a new light this episode; despite appearances, he's actually a warm and caring upperclassman. Loving this development.
Sep 2, 2020 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
Scary to present in front of those monsters but still... PREACH KOSUKE! PREACH ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF SOLVING THE ADULT GAMES NP-HARD PROBLEM! hope he gets his nobel prize or something soon.

Nov 10, 2020 11:58 PM

Oct 2010
very funny episode, I laughed at torasuke's presentation, truly gold. torasuke is clearly a mal user judging by the fact that when he got a serios queation, he started insulting the old guy, hilarious. I was expecting some drama here, this is a romance anime be it a comedy or not, they'll get over it and do some skinship.
awesome series overall
Jul 20, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
Damn they really bullied the first guy. Kosuke's presentation was about a love game.
''He's a hero.. in many different ways'' facts. I'd give Kosuke's presentation a 100. He beat that Baldy easily in an argument. Goodjob!

Kanna is nervous for her presentation, I'd be neverous as hell too. Understandable, but what the hell was this cover? A gift from HEAVEN.

Kosuke dogeza in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 6, 2021 11:29 AM
Nov 2020
This episode literally our campuss. There are 1 lecture that ask the subject very difficult. There are 1 student that have game topic in seminar (about you gi oh card). So nostalgic
Apr 6, 2022 5:59 AM

Dec 2020
OHHH BROTHER ITS HERE. the drama. the stupid misunderstanding thats a must have i a romance show.

but yk what ikeda lab presenting was p good lol. kousuke being that confident, what a man of steal. and kanade did pretty good!
May 16, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2020
First of all felt bad for that guy, it's not easy to present in front of those many people to begin with, have to keep your nerves in control and moreover not giving satisfactory answers to professors is like the final nail in the coffin. Can definitely relate. Though Kosuke being in a league of his own, some ultra chad research to say the least.
Jul 12, 2022 7:13 AM

Jan 2020
First kid got wrecked, talk about brutal.

But, this was a pretty good episode as a whole. For it being an episode about presentations, it really wasn't all that dull as sitting in class and watching people talk about their projects.

So far this series has been pretty good at avoiding cliched events. Hopefully this "misunderstanding" won't be too bad either.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 29, 2022 8:52 AM
Jun 2021
tandammmmmmmmmisteyry
Sep 16, 2022 4:26 AM

Jul 2019
I can see Ibarada glancing at Kosuke there. There's no hiding it, you pipsqueak!

Nov 27, 2022 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
Kosuke was quite confident at his presentation.. I think it was more plus than minus.. Only maybe calling that person bald was kind of redundant.. But I think it's good he defended his points..
Hm.. Well.. I think that Kanade and Kousuke are lucky to receive literature on the topic from their senpais or teacher.. When searching literature by yourself - there are just endless information on the topic.. Even more than the paper Kanade and Kousuke were receiving.. So they're kind of lucky to receive all the information for them, to be honest..
Jan 10, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
I hope that hug won't lead to unnecessary drama, so this will be resolved quickly next episode.
GatorJan 10, 2023 11:33 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

» Should I?

Jaiakazz - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:43 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.