Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
So basically as much as I like sports anime (both old and new) in general, I'm not enjoying Slam Dunk very much so far (seen 15 episodes, and it took me over 2 months). Before I decide if I should drop it, I need to ask about things I dislike and whether they improve later in the series:

1. Hanamichi. I can't stand him, he's loud and obnoxious, all the situations with him that look as if they were meant to be humurous end up being extremely cringeworthy for me. Like when he screams all the time, thinks he's the best in everything, never respects others etc. Does he stay like that throghout the series?

2. Rukawa. He doesn't annoy me, just seems extremely boring. Will he stop being such a lifeless chunk of wood later in the anime?

3. Rukawa's fans. I can't stand those girls squealing each time Rukawa does anything, really. Will they always behave like that?

I hope I didn't offend any Slam Dunk fan, I just need to know the answers. I don't like dropping acclaimed anime Q.Q
EDIT: I've watched until 20th episode, but I can't stand it anymore. I decided to drop it. Thanks for the answers.
fuyukiFeb 7, 2020 6:44 AM
Jan 12, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2018
1) Hanamichi is loud and obnoxious throughout the series, but as the show progresses, he eventually learns to calm down a bit and focus on winning the games
2) Rukawa will stay somewhat similar, there's quite a bit of character progression with him, and he's really fun to watch during games
3) Fan girls will always be fan girls, so yeah.

You should always push through and watch the show, even if you're tempted to drop out because of the pesky stuff. You'll miss out on a show that revolutionized basketball in Japan.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 13, 2020 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
_cjessop19_ said:
1) Hanamichi is loud and obnoxious throughout the series, but as the show progresses, he eventually learns to calm down a bit and focus on winning the games
2) Rukawa will stay somewhat similar, there's quite a bit of character progression with him, and he's really fun to watch during games
3) Fan girls will always be fan girls, so yeah.

You should always push through and watch the show, even if you're tempted to drop out because of the pesky stuff. You'll miss out on a show that revolutionized basketball in Japan.
I honestly doubt it's worth wasting 32 hours watching anime I don't enjoy just for some knowledge I might as well just read about on the Internet, but anyway thanks a lot for the answers, they're helpful. I'll try to watch some more episodes but I don't know if I'll be able to finish the whole show.
fuyukiJan 13, 2020 2:55 AM
Jan 18, 2020 4:55 AM

Sep 2019
If you don’t like it enough to make this post you might as well just drop it tbh, no reason to watch something you don’t like
Jan 18, 2020 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
zikooo said:
If you don’t like it enough to make this post you might as well just drop it tbh, no reason to watch something you don’t like
Yeah but it would also be a pity to drop something that improves a lot later on, that's why it wouldn't hurt to ask first.
Jan 18, 2020 5:20 AM

Jan 2013
The manga is much better anyway

More topics from this board

» I don't like sports in general

mydaddy - May 17

9 by Dragon456hon »»
May 21, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Mar 24, 2008

79 by oikawaprai »»
May 4, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 46 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 31, 2011

28 by kudzuken »»
May 2, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 84 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 24, 2008

41 by oikawaprai »»
May 2, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 95 Discussion

ember-moon - Jul 12, 2013

6 by bucciest »»
Apr 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.