Forum Settings
Forums

The Uber-Elitist Academy Awards: Best and Worst Anime of the Decade

New
Jan 8, 2020 9:34 PM

May 2012
It's finally here It's time to celebrate the best and worst of the past decade by throwing our very own Academy Awards in our little elitist club. The Academy have come up with a list of nominations in several categories to honour (or dishounor) the great and not-so-great works of the industry, and club members will be able to vote on their choices for each category to take out the prize.

How it Works:
-A shortlist of entries has been prepared for several categories, good and bad, which can be found below. For example, "Best Manga Adaptation" or "Worst Animation".
-Using the Google Forms below you can vote on your choice to take out the overall prize for each category. Some categories have up to ten choices, for these you can choose more than one option.
-After a period of time (TBA) has passed, we will tally up the votes and announce the winners. Feel free to discuss nominees or any series we might have snubbed in this thread.

Happy voting!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 9, 2020 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
As long as Concrete wins the category it is in, all is right in the world.

(Best remake/sequel was brutal though, because I literally had to pick between my top 3, haha.)
Jan 9, 2020 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
Kinda sad that "best opening song" and "opening mv" is not in. But i guess anyway it would have the exact same nominees and for good reasons.
Jan 12, 2020 1:59 AM

Apr 2012
I've always disliked voting for the "worst" anime of the year because there's always going to be some obscure shit that I didn't watch and is absolutely godawful so I always just end up voting for something that is relatively popular and is complete garbage or something completely disappointing.

Worst adapted series is kinda weird. Because there are things that are horribly adapted (I see Berserk 2016, I vote Berserk 2016) and there are things that are just shit right from the source material get go and they are starting from completely different playing fields.

Not that I'm voting for it but Kill la kill not on best anime original list despite it being one of the most influential anime of this decade?

Also quite disappointed that Wit Studio is not on the list as a separate entry from IG despite being a studio founded in this decade that has created great shows like AOT, After the Rain, Vinland Saga and Magus Bride.

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 12, 2020 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
Hitsu said:

You know I voted for it. Also, A VOTE FOR GRISAIA AS THE GREATEST BAD ANIME OF THE DECADE IS A VOTE FOR THE TRUTH.
Jan 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
Hitsu said:

You know I voted for it. Also, A VOTE FOR GRISAIA AS THE GREATEST BAD ANIME OF THE DECADE IS A VOTE FOR THE TRUTH.

You got me there, how so?
I would have picked something like "Keijo!" or something else.
Jan 13, 2020 9:39 AM

May 2013
You plebs haven't even truly gazed into the abyss of terribad anime.

Evasion Magic is clearly the only choice that matters here.

Jan 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Apr 2019
I haven't seen a lot from the "worst of" list. My best bet other than not filling it out would be to leave categories I can't fairly judge empty. What is the prefered method?

Feb 6, 2020 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
Hitsu said:

Cross Ange was the greatest you scrub
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.