Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 7, 2020 5:38 PM

Jan 2015
Nice episode, now all the real world characters are getting into Underworld.
I'm looking forward seeing Kirito coming back next season to kick some asses.
Overall 6/10.
I enjoyed more the first season of Alicization.
Jan 11, 2020 9:27 AM

Oct 2013
The first couple episodes were boring af tbh, Kirito is basically a side character in this season lmao.. it got better when Asuna finally showed up in the underworld which took 8 focken episodes. and Sinon's entrance was so cool.. i cant wait for the others from ALO to get into underworld, it's gonna look like the Avengers : End Game.

What a season, i hope the next season really worth the build up

Overall score 8/10
Jan 11, 2020 1:30 PM

Jan 2012
I feel the previous season gave more impact but maybe its missing Kirito. Though hopefully Kirito can recover and be back in battle for S2

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 14, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
The alicization arc is the best!

10/10
Jan 26, 2020 8:38 PM
Sep 2016
Honestly, just when you think they should be done with the SAO franchise, they just keep going. I love every minute. Talk about that semi- cliffhanger though! Can't wait to see what they bring us in a couple of months!
Feb 2, 2020 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Was alright before the introduction of the American beta testers.
Feb 8, 2020 3:03 PM

Sep 2019
The series is getting better and better. Can't wait for the next season :) 8/10 seriously it was a good season
Feb 8, 2020 3:08 PM

Sep 2019
vndb said:
Apparently sinon can into to underworld. This oath was very sadistic, rip Asuna's hand but it looks like it was successfully cured.

yeah I was also shocked at first but if that's the case then don't you think that Alice could also attached kiriro's hand?
Feb 16, 2020 3:15 PM

Feb 2014
I know I shouldn't be touching in this matter after all this time but...

1. That episode where the green-haired boy ran away in fear but then suddenly appeared again as if nothing had happened.

2. Where are those 2 little girls who use poison tricks? They simply dissapeared.

I mean, this was really plot holes or it was really meant to be like that? or did I miss something? =P

Anyway, that was good. Way better than the previous season.

8/10
Feb 18, 2020 4:51 AM

Jan 2011
Uh, I was expecting them to make a bigger deal with the cliffhanger.
Feb 18, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was quite anti climatic, was expecting a bit more of a past episode for a season ending, not even sure why they stopped here other than that they want to make the final climax in a movie or some form.

In general it was quite nice, the lack of Kirito was something else, the focus changed a whole lot as well and even got darker than expected with that character flashback...

All in all a good watch though and well I'll be looking forwards to the ending!
Feb 20, 2020 3:44 AM

Aug 2016
PoH...!!! You damn one...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2020 7:46 PM

Nov 2015
Seems to be an underrated opinion but i prefered Alicization slightly more over War of Underworld, mainly due to the new chars and world. But still this was a really good season for SAO. Really excited for s2, Alice best girl, hope nothing bad happens to her.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Feb 25, 2020 3:24 AM
Feb 2020
this is the best season
Mar 3, 2020 9:01 PM

May 2012
i wonder why this chit-chat season gets so many good reviews and said to be the best season of SAO. cmon bruh. is this also because of some youtuber influence lol

edit: salute to the supply corps and the peasants army to keep up with asuna on max horse speed
sora2eugeneMar 3, 2020 9:08 PM
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Mar 11, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2019
The real war begins. People thought that this doesn't feel like SAO, well it is now. 100K VRMMO players are entering Underworld as cannon fodder. We got OP characters like Asuna, Sinon, Leafa in the Human Empire. Kirito is still on a wheelchair, when will you get up?! The guy with the cigarette, what did he mean by character, what character is it that can change the fate of this war? Honestly, it doesn't look too good for Gabe, also stop it with the face, it's creepy.

Pretty good season, though I enjoyed Alicization more cause it's long and Eugeo. Watching half of the story and not seeing the other one with it is like peeing then stopping midway, it hurts. I might read the light novel if I'm too impatient.

War of Underworld S1: 8/10
War of Underworld S2: ?/10

That's it for SAO, for now. I enjoyed binge watching it, from SAO to War of Underworld. First season is mediocre, second is better, Alicization is even better. Alice is best girl in my opinion.
Mar 11, 2020 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
The real world story line is really something else... At least the Underworld story is enjoyable
Apr 1, 2020 2:12 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
That season was SO GOOD. 100 times better than the previous ones (esxcept the SAO arc of course) I hope to see perfectly sweet Asuna & Kirito reunion. I want to see that so badly. Crying Kirito was too much for me, i need to see him happy with Her again T_T
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Apr 11, 2020 1:50 AM

Feb 2010
It's like watching Alice slapping a baby. Any ounce of hope for the villains immediately get destroyed the next second.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2020 4:44 PM

Mar 2010
SAO has produced so much shit, Glad this wasn't that lolz. This season well these 12 episodes really showed what SAO has failed to do in the past seasons and episodes. Sure I like a good fight scene and waifus but damn The Tip of the iceberg was Alice, she was such a hot blonde beauty and really cute. What really made me enjoy this more was how kirito was MIA as well. He is so overplayed and hyped it was about time he was benched. Can't have it any other way. If I could I'd just end it now in order for this greatness to not be tainted. But alas like most of the seasons the ending always always fucks up the good parts. thankfully this season can stand on its own and not be tainted by any further episodes other than its sequel. BUt its good to be able to know what seasons were good and which were utter shit. Anyways loved this so much.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2020 1:52 AM

Dec 2013
Oh my god THE PUNCH BOI IS A GOOD GUY! And damn sinon’s entrance is crazy epic! Literally can’t wait for the next season
Apr 26, 2020 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
That jump from Iskahn was actually amazing, especially with the help of his friend.
Sinon made it! - Surely with a big follow up of others coming in, in the next season.

This season was fantastic, following up from Alicization with an equally addicting (if not better) story and fantastic animation!
I really feel like SAO finally is the show we've wanted for a long time, not saying the seasons before Alicization were bad but man ... no bullshit but just good and entertaining story telling.

Can't wait for the second half of Underworld!

Jun 3, 2020 10:03 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode, Alice got kidnapped but Sinon joined
Kirito didnt wake up :/

This season was awesome, as good as the very first one imo
I cant wait for the next one
Jul 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Jun 2014
Great ending to this cour, completely redeemed the terrible mess that was episode 11. Alicization still ranks below Mother's Rosario for me, but I'm very much looking forward to the final part!
As always, SAO is at its best when Kirito is out of the picture.

Jul 4, 2020 1:36 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So that's it with this cour? Part 1's conclusion, while being much more of a cliffhanger, it was a better closeup that gets you pumped up for more, but this, no, the last 2 episodes were such a huge disrespect for what Alicization setup. Very disappointing.
Jul 12, 2020 1:50 AM

Mar 2009
Asuna looks so hot in that dress. I worship her.

Was a decent season. Onwards to the final Alicization season then!
Jul 15, 2020 3:22 PM

Jul 2019
They really hired some actual english voice actors to voice the americans. I heard Patrick Seitz in there but can't recognize the rest
Aug 11, 2020 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
What an abrupt ending to the season. I guess that guy really is some laughing coffin member once again... I wish not everyone was associated with that group.
Sinon was cool, although I don't really know where Leafa is then.
All that about the american players really don't amount to much, but I guess we will later have a showdown with more of those vs the japanese players from ALO.
So wait, that monk guy also broke the seal. Isn't he also special now like Alice and Eugeo before him? Should just take him out to the real world as well then.
Also, wasn't Asuna opposed to killing fluctlight people? She sure doesn't hold back now (not talking about the players).

Apart from Asuna showing up, this felt like an even more boring season than the previous one, and especially compared to the first two season of SAO.
My main problem is still the same. This doesn't feel like SAO at all, with only the few characters being the same.
The entire part about bringing in other players to a network that is supposed to be top secret and probably self-contained is just stupid and doesn't really add anything to the story.
Last season had "integrity knight of the week" gauntlet, now this one had the same just reversed by showing them one by one, then moving on to the next. There's basically no tension at all like that, and too predictable. At least the previous season had some world building, while this one showed an interesting couple from the dark territory, only to kill them off half an episode later.
Quinella was much more interesting of a villain compared to this random psycho guy.
Kirito's state would also be more impactful if it was in the real world instead.

I'm gonna give this a 4/10. Some good action, some fun interaction (Asuna and all the girls after Kirito's heart), and basically the first 1-2 episodes being more interesting than the actual war. I really hope Kirito waking up is gonna change it up a bit...
RazielZeroSep 21, 2020 4:51 PM
Aug 15, 2020 10:23 PM
Aug 2020
This anime animation is so very good but as usual SAO storyline always trash for me
Sep 5, 2020 4:25 PM

Apr 2014
I get the feeling that NPCs would be smarter than those red American soldiers.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Sep 19, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2014
All the units are on fire in this episode, with the second wave of american player dive in and Alice got taken by Gabriel.

. second goddess enter the arena Sinon "Solus" .
Leafa "Terraria" will come in the last season i presume. and... Vassago a.k.a POH back in the game... with his "real" account ...

can't wait to see all the war hype in the next season.
Sep 20, 2020 2:24 AM
Sep 2008
There's something that I don't understand, why in every season they pulled from their sleeves X amount of lame and without sense justifications to make Kirito more powerful but not a single one to revive Eugeo, this is why SAO frustates me Kirito must have all the waifus and all the powers for himself and for me because the author didn't dare to do something that really felt original this season felt like a complete dissapointment.

It would be better if they the title to Kirito Online since it is always and will alway be about kirito as if he was the center of the universe.
Sep 22, 2020 8:34 PM

Nov 2019
Again, these episodes have little justification for being tied to the SAO franchise as a whole and would've been far better an independent fantasy work.

If you can at least ignore (or are willing to skip past) the Kirito-related elements... which is to say basically the entirely of the previous episode and much of this one... though it ends up a watchable enough pseudo battle shounen actionfest.
Oct 4, 2020 6:13 AM

Feb 2013
Alice was captured way too easily.
Oct 5, 2020 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
FOUND THE SIMP!!!!

Oct 6, 2020 12:21 AM
Jul 2016
Now it's gotten good again, I'm glad!! (*´∨`*)ニヒヒ♡

I love Sheyta and the Champion boy! Lol funny how they didn't realize he also broke the seal.
(Or is it technically didn't count since he dug out his eye?)

Although the US team seems so bland (they didn't even scream when killed, whut?)
And Alice was taken in a bit too easily tbh..
But it's nice to see Shinon's finally here. Leafa probably will also use a godly account then.
Can't wait for Kirito to wake up!
Oct 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Aug 2020
SINON?!!

This was a very good season, but I think that I prefer seasons 1 and 2. I'm pretty sure that's an unpopular opinion, and maybe it's because I don't really like how different Alicisation is to the rest of it. I'm glad that the OG characters were had quite a bit of screentime in this season - that makes it better than the previous season. BUT Eugeo isn't in it as a result of him dying, so minus points for that.

Overall, I'll give this a 7/10.
Dec 9, 2020 2:58 PM

Aug 2019
It's that easy ladies and gentlemen.
Mar 6, 2021 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
Lucifuru23 said:
No body is worried that Sinon isn't really Sinon? I mean, the guy just before said "send me with the 20 000 Americans players" He knows Asuna, then he said "I've got a account in reserve" or something like that. I'm afraid this guy was sent whit the account and the physical apparence of Sinon...

did u see after credit scene? hes still in real world at the time Shinon was already in
Nov 10, 2021 4:52 PM

Jul 2021
Of all the seasons he's had, this one was the best. The battles were really well done and fun to watch. It was also interesting that they developed a few more characters from last season.
asdasdsadad
Dec 15, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
This time it was all boring except the part where Sinon appeared. Also that one dude coming back who already failed before... c'mon...

Somehow each season of SAO has such a huge potential to be a banger, but then it ends up being quite mediocre in the end after all. And here I thought that the absence of Kirito might actually make it more enjoyable, but I guess it doesn't really matter. 6/10
Jan 6, 2022 11:04 PM

Feb 2012
This is easily the worst season of SAO for me personally. It didn't offer the unique things SAO is able to offer, and what it did provide is generic shonen action that has been done much better in many other series. This season is also plagued with numerous inconsistencies that undermines core things SAO has established.
Sep 24, 2022 3:29 PM
Jan 2022
Loved everything
Nov 13, 2022 4:07 PM

Mar 2019
As much as I hate these last 2 episodes, Sinon looks so cool here. Also her entrances was nice.

Nevertheless, very disappointing finale. I guess this stopped being a war with strategy and tension as to what will happen and became a chaotic mess with no logic behind it. I'm just waiting for all the random people from ALO to come here and fight the Americans while our main cast beats Gabriel, which became more of a creepy smile person instead of his calm and somewhat special personality.

It's still sad to see how fast 10 well done episodes were broken apart. However, just because of these 2 episodes, I don't want to discredit the first part of WoU when 80% of it was great and enjoyable.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 3, 2023 10:00 PM

May 2022
This was a great episode, Iskhan broke the seal of the right eye and found his resolve to go against the emperor. He wanted to abort the mission and was sick of his group being treated like puppets. Some members of the pugilist guild died by the red armor players from the real world, this war did get out of control but the pugilist guild allied with Asuna and the Human Empire to take down the red players. I like Iskhan's development throughout this arc, really awesome. Really good action for most of this episode. Didn't expect Asuna to lose an arm but thankfully it was healed. Unfortunately Alice got captured by that bitch Gabriel. Sinon makes an amazing entrance, stopping the thousands of red players who were surrounding Asuna and the knights who were chasing Gabriel. Vassago apparently has a special account and this doesn't sound good, and if he comes back powerful, oh boy its going to be intense. I am so hyped to see how things will go and hopefully Kirito will awaken with his strength and purpose.
AwesomeAli2832Jan 3, 2023 10:14 PM
Jan 10, 2023 7:10 AM
Jan 2023
very good sgsgsdgsdgsdg
Jan 10, 2023 11:23 AM

Mar 2015
That season was awesome
Jan 17, 2023 7:25 AM

Nov 2018
Really good season of Alicization. This whole arc has been great.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 20, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2010
2:49 I want to lick Asuna's beautiful armpit! It must smell nice and taste salty after all that fighting.
Scenes of Irkhan are always badass!
I wanted to give this season an 8; because I did like the action scenes, and the animation is good; however, I didn't like the plot development. It bothers me that they were able to teleport in random people and convert characters from ALO to STL all of a sudden. It would've made more sense if Dark Territory has some sort of dev code that would've allowed them to spawn more armies out of thin air. After all, their main purpose is to stress test the system by relentlessly invading the Human Empire, right? Also, what was the point of all those reinforcements if they were just gonna do TK? those USA mercs are sabotaging themselves.
7/10
Feb 6, 2023 12:17 AM

Jul 2015
Certainly the best SAO season so far with it being a lot more action packed compared to previous season and the animation being toptier.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.