Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 26, 2020 3:46 AM
Jul 2016
You know what the saddest part is?

Maki's going to end up in juvie for parricide, and Touma's going to end up a neglected son. That means they're very unlikely to pair up again, much less play soft tennis or, heck, go to school.

It's been one heck of a drama show, alright, and it's a show that I'll remember for quite some time.
Mar 2, 2020 5:09 AM

Oct 2009
alright but where's the 2nd season bro? u think TONY's got time to mess around? i invested my time into this show. chop chop 2nd season. aint got all day 👌
Mar 9, 2020 6:12 AM

Feb 2007
Well, that's sure a way to end things, with the only club member not clearly belonging on a suicide watch list going full opposite and about to murder someone instead.

Not that it wasn't a great series, especially when dealing with the club, but no character here escapes being a total mess. Still, hopefully we'll see more, especially since the ending may have just bumped this ahead of Hagure Yuusha in terms of sequel hooks that should not be left hanging.
Mar 30, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
They may have lost the final match but there is one thing they haven't lost.....yes indeed their club

Wow that cliffhanger....Maki is finally going to give his 'lovely' dad the present he deserves

Still, I didn't expect it to end like this with none of the drama's being solved. Really hope this gets a next season as I personally enjoyed it quite a bit and shit just hit the fan there, hopefully they can release it despite the abrupt stop in the originally planned 24-cour season

Apr 3, 2020 1:42 AM
Jan 2018
Everyone seems to agreed that the weird ending we got is the result of some sort company marketing strategy or "backstabbing" from the committee. Though i have two different possibities;

1. The sudden cut of the eps is a "punishment" from the higher up to the studio for the dance-plagiarized controversy few months ago. I know the problem were solved already but we still don't know what happened exactly at the back of the screen.

2. Covid-19. With the increasing of people who suffered from this virus everyday, i wouldn't be surprised if the reason they decided to limit the eps is to decreased the chance for the virus to infect the animation staff who often goes overwork and get sick from the decreasing vitality & antibody.
Apr 5, 2020 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
AmeAmeAme said:

2. Covid-19. With the increasing of people who suffered from this virus everyday, i wouldn't be surprised if the reason they decided to limit the eps is to decreased the chance for the virus to infect the animation staff who often goes overwork and get sick from the decreasing vitality & antibody.
uh this anime came way before COVID though?
Apr 7, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2017
AmeAmeAme said:

1. The sudden cut of the eps is a "punishment" from the higher up to the studio for the dance-plagiarized controversy few months ago. I know the problem were solved already but we still don't know what happened exactly at the back of the screen.

Wrong, as it was already decided on Spring of last year.
Apr 9, 2020 3:12 PM
Mar 2016
KANLen09 said:

- Toma FINALLY knowing the truth of him and Rintaro being brothers while Ryoma was ONE STEP TOO LATE...

What do you mean? Toma's mother can't be Rintaro's birth mother, it makes no sense why she would be wanting to know him? And they should be twins, why would she choose to keep Toma but give away Rintaro? Plus, the story that Rintaro tells about his birth mother (that she was so young and wasn't married that she couldn't rise a children) doesn't fit with Toma's mother, I mean she is married and already had Ryoma when she had Toma. What make you think that Rintaro and Toma are brothers?
Apr 13, 2020 8:19 PM
Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:
Like No Guns Life, this aired earlier too.

While Rintaro is on the run to find his biological mum, Maki and Toma face the Itsuse brothers in a final match. This match won't come easy...but with their strategy paying off, both broke ground and equalize with the former champions while the rest of the Shijo Minami boys team cheer on for them for their surprise wins with confidence.

The final game...and the Itsuse champion brothers are slowly losing momentum against Maki/Toma, just like the teams before which totally lost their footing and confidence, but with the brothers, a slap is what it seems for them to wake-up their idea and get back in the groove to win the finals.

Unfortunately, what was feared ended up to be true...the family drama got totally lost in the fun of the match itself...but not without:
- Toma FINALLY knowing the truth of him and Rintaro being brothers while Ryoma was ONE STEP TOO LATE...
- Maki attempting murder on his dad...soon?

THAT'S ALL FOLKS...what a series finale for a show.

I think that we alll agree that we REALLY NEED A SEASON 2 / 2ND COUR TO ANSWER ALL THIS, although what was accomplshed can be seen towards its ending.
i just finished the anime , it was an enjoyable ride
also thx for pointing the brothers thing i almost missed it tho i don't miss these kind of things , must be from the excitement
well i also look forward for S2 , i heard many rumors that it will comeback in 2020-2021 , because they planed for 24 eps
and the director updated that the rest will be in S2
https://spoilerguy.com/stars-align-hoshiai-no-sora-season-2-release-date-plot-revealed/
Apr 14, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2012
sirinaarkar said:
KANLen09 said:

What do you mean? Toma's mother can't be Rintaro's birth mother, it makes no sense why she would be wanting to know him? And they should be twins, why would she choose to keep Toma but give away Rintaro? Plus, the story that Rintaro tells about his birth mother (that she was so young and wasn't married that she couldn't rise a children) doesn't fit with Toma's mother, I mean she is married and already had Ryoma when she had Toma. What make you think that Rintaro and Toma are brothers?
Additionally, Rintaro's mother was there to see his match. At that time Toma's mother would have been breaking the news of her divorce to Ryoma, who afterwards rushed over to see Toma.

But who else was Ryoma referring to when he said he would "protect those two"?
Apr 14, 2020 10:33 AM
Apr 2020
Can anyone help me find the manga ?
Apr 14, 2020 1:57 PM

Jul 2019
Sinnerrat said:
Can anyone help me find the manga ?

There is no manga, it's an original work. Meaning it didn't come from a manga or light novel
Jul 20, 2020 6:28 PM

Nov 2013
This was a fantastic roller coaster of a series, with a lot of effort at showing us the drama in the lives of several of the characters. The cliffhanger ending is incredible. But where is season 2? Waiting and waiting and waiting!
Aug 10, 2020 10:17 AM
May 2019
the whole show hey tried to say some social issues in pretty bad way and failed too.!
one of the few i regret watching. pure shit
Aug 25, 2020 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
yickkss need more dramaaa
Aug 30, 2020 10:02 PM
Oct 2019
This show was alright.

I liked Mitsue (easily the best character in the series). I liked the boys and girls tennis advisors having that sexual tension without anything actually happening (and without the boys advisor even realizing). Some of the boys players were alright. The pair with the broken wrist and the little sister An were alright. The manager was alright. Some of the others were ok as well.

But I didn't like the club president. Didn't like Maki. Didn't like Nao. They all sucked. Maki was beyond annoying. He one ups everybody on everything. He thinks he knows how everyone is feeling and how to handle things. He's magically good at everything he does even if he's never done it before. Give me a break. What a horribly written character.

Most of the parents were HUMAN TRASH and honestly deserve to die.

The LGBT, boy love, awkward/weird/loner/whatever aspect of many of the players was fine. That's certainly how school actually is/can be.

I didn't care for the official matches at all though. I honestly quit paying attention and let them air in the background. Just wasn't excited by it. Maybe because they were at the end of the season and my lukewarm interest had already taken hold by then. Idk.

This show was ok. 6/10. Even if there is a season 2 I don't think I'll watch. Oh well.
Sep 25, 2020 12:48 PM

Oct 2018
I would love to get to see more of this. I am a little bit sad to see the overwhelming complainsts with respect to the parents' portrayal, in my experience (as someone who was rejected for being different) the show accurately shows what tragedy is going within the four walls of seemingly ordinary families.

Does anyone with more insight in the scene know what is going on? Would be very grateful if someone could say if there will be more of this?
Oct 16, 2020 10:11 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was disappointing.

I mean, I know Maki is some kind of soft tennis prodigy, but him and Touma almost beating the national champions was a bit much. Maki barely has three months of experience and Touma was not portrayed as some brilliant player on any moment as far as I remember.

That ending with the knife also didn't make any sense for Maki's character. He did threaten his father on that one episode, but he was always shown as a kind and wise boy (sometimes unbelievably so for a middle schooler). This dark twist just came out of nowhere. There was no build up for it at all.

However, I still enjoyed this anime for all it tried to discuss in just 12 episodes, such as LGBTQIA+ representation, bullying, all the pressure towards young people in Japanese society, mental health issues, awful parenting...
And I have to say that all the boys and Mitsue were likeable characters. Despite the show's faults, it was fun seeing their growth and how they bonded with each other.

7/10 for me
(hoping it gets a second season someday).
MarchSwannOct 16, 2020 10:38 PM
Oct 20, 2020 9:16 PM

Apr 2020
I just hope there's a season 2 so that way I can see them all be happy
Deep down, we all have trash taste
Nov 5, 2020 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
this was just a good show but... i’m sorry what just happened?? i thought this was about tennis and suddenly it’s about murder! this better get a season 2.
Nov 10, 2020 2:58 AM
May 2009
Really enjoyed the turbulence, just when things are picking up, reality hits the boys at every upturn, Bringing them back down.

Seriously though, this is one of the weirdest ways to end season 1.
Now I really want to see season 2, and will most likely forget about this till it resurfaces.

Damnit though Voice actor of Zoro, Hijikata, Jin, really portraying a scumbag father.
Dec 12, 2020 12:09 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Man, ending in that cliffhanger sure sucks.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The match wasn't half bad, tho ofc they had to add all that extra drama to condense this episode.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 17, 2021 10:04 PM

May 2016
Biggest cliff hanger in anime history? LOL.

Did he rape her mom or something? I'm really pissed about this part since if he comes over like every week and beats him, he could easily hide a camera or use his phone somewhere and record him doing it and boom, happy ending.
Mar 20, 2021 11:48 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Biggest cliff hanger in anime history? LOL.

Did he rape her mom or something? I'm really pissed about this part since if he comes over like every week and beats him, he could easily hide a camera or use his phone somewhere and record him doing it and boom, happy ending.

I feel like his mother is complicit somehow, or he already has some way to see what Maki is doing in the apartment. I mean, for instance he found the money hidden in the air conditioner. How could he know it's there unless someone told him?

I really hope they continue this story... If not another 12 episodes, then maybe as a movie?

Mar 20, 2021 7:54 PM
Aug 2020
IT JUST ENDS LIKE THIS?! The director insists they’re going to release the other 12 episodes but I’m afraid of that not happening...I’m so attached to these characters I need a resolution and leaving the story in the middle really sucks.
Mar 20, 2021 8:00 PM
Aug 2020
I can’t believe that there’s people that this show fell flat for. I mean I get it everyone has their own tastes but this show does genuinely handle these issues of trauma very maturely and in a way that is also very respectful to each respective character. Every character is nuanced and I hope we get a season 2 since they are all only half developed at the moment because of this show’s production issues. Certain topics especially hit for me such as Yu’s gender, Mitsue wanting to do art that she loved instead of art that is marketable, and really just the general struggle between parents and kids. I loved the way things were handled and I feel like there’s a character for everyone here. They also have so much great chemistry between themselves that I grew very attached. I really want things to be okay for these kids and I really hope we get to see that happen. This was a beautiful show.

(I also really love how the dialogue doesn’t feel fake. Or at least to me haha. A lot of the shit they say sounds like shit me and my friends would have said in middle school. For example: “Do you like her?” “Go die”)
Mar 20, 2021 8:02 PM
Aug 2020
I think maybe people’s issue with this show arises when they enter it expecting a sports anime and then get more character study then sport so they don’t let it be it’s own show beyond the cage of its own genre. That’s honestly very tragic to me.
Jul 24, 2021 1:27 PM
Jan 2020
the ending was too sudden..... nothing else to say
Aug 4, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2021
The cliffhanger!!!O_O
Also I’m dying here!!T-T there’s no manga. I really wanted to see what happened
Sep 15, 2021 1:47 PM
May 2021
Srsly the end hold knife just like that.. atleast show me u killed him ughhhhhhhhh and also i wanna know Rintarou birth mother
Nov 1, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2008
I just decided to catch up this show and damn this ending....
I loved it, seriously, drama and sport and school life is really a hit.
Too few series pass this drama aspect of life. Life we only see matches and club activities in others sports animes, but here we see them struggling in their life.
That's why I really love this show, but I didn't expected the drama winning over the sport and friendship, it's unique when a serie isn't all about passion or friendship.
I really hope they will give us a movie, or the last 12 episodes to show what they had in mind for their future.
Seem like the director want to work of them.

Also psycho Maki ? totally a mood, I love it.

Jul 3, 2022 4:05 PM

Aug 2020
Would call this a disappointing ending. We still getting drama at the last minute of the episode, what were they even thinking. Also, seeing killing someone "scene" or saying I'll kill you is a bad influence definitely for teens or generally people. I know this kind of events really happen, but the drama events are not so even detailed, that some has even left me confused. It's a mashed up rushed trying to prove showing drama just like that anime.. 4/10 really leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever i think of it.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 16, 2022 12:43 AM
Jan 2021
Jeez the cliffhanger....

Regardless I think that this series was very interesting. It's the first one that I've seen tackle the societal issues that are apparent in our time such as people struggling to come out, gender identity, abusive parents, etc.

Throughout the series everyone has changed for the better and each person has had their own off the court issues to deal with, and with the variety of backgrounds and different family situations it was very interesting to watch and I hope there is more to this.

I have to see if Maki actually killed his father. I wouldn't blame him as legally there's nothing stopping his father from doing as he pleases, so he has to take matters into his own hands.
Dec 12, 2022 7:02 AM
May 2011
Well, after a second viewing, that was even better. I really felt for the boys throughout the series, even if the drama was a bit much. Can't believe I didn't realize until just now that the Itsuse brothers are named after the boys from Kingdom Hearts. I really hope this series get completed someday.
Jan 10, 2023 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
I need a season 2 
Mar 27, 2023 2:39 AM
Mar 2023
UHM???? SCUSE ME, BRO FUCK THE MUM, TOMA DIDN'T DESERVE THAT. YOU KNOW WHAT. TOMAS MUM I HATE YOU. HOW DARE YOU. AND HELLO??? KNIFE??? WHAT'S HAPPENING, I SWEAR. SEASON 2???!???!? sorry about my language I'm distraught.
Apr 5, 2023 1:00 AM
Sep 2016
It seems to have too much going on. Every character is going through something, but doesn't get fleshed out, so it's less about the sport and more about the drama. It's still worth watching, I respect the mangaka for taking an unconventional route.
Apr 14, 2023 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
Well, seeing the "Sport" genre and "12 Episodes" surely meant there is something horrific awaits, and I wasn't disappointed

I don't know if it was cutting it short or what but the anime tried to do too much and it really didn't know whether to follow the sport or the drama and in the end it didn't conclude either

Such a waste
Apr 11, 9:46 PM
Mar 2024
I loved it, and it was a very good watch.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» "Special Fan Movie" Has Been Released

zamandzoe - May 20, 2020

22 by quietkun27 »»
Feb 23, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

130 by Limi »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:31 AM

» Continuation...

Kurdo - Apr 19, 2021

19 by DmonHiro »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:48 PM

» Some scenes missing in Crunchyroll?

KYSmequick - Oct 15, 2023

3 by heelyfrog »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

95 by bucciest »»
May 16, 2023 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.