Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 26, 2019 7:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yo I'm wheezing, this shit's hilarious XD

This season when from a borefest to an entertaining comedy, keep it up Deen
Dec 26, 2019 7:55 PM
Oct 2019
Studio Deen didn't produce this episode apparently (because of holidays) that's why it's so bad, and they will remake the fight, next episode should have way better animation!!there's a rumour that they tweeted this.
hu9890Dec 26, 2019 7:59 PM
Dec 26, 2019 8:20 PM
Sep 2016
They ruined the potential of this anime.. The manga is better my imagination of their fight is better than this fan made like animation.. I hold this anime after the dissapointed episode 1 and looking forward for Escanor vs Melodias then this happen.. This is my very first rated 2 anime..
Dec 27, 2019 12:00 AM

Apr 2018
Glad that Ellaine still gets to live. I'm sure Escanor will win the duel
Dec 27, 2019 5:48 AM

Oct 2013
Aside from how Elizabeth and friends handle Melascula, this episode is utter garbage
Well, to be exact, the animation of Escanor vs Meliodas is the one which is utter garbage
That epic fight presented with 3rd rate animation, my eyes can't take it
Dec 27, 2019 6:55 AM

Jan 2018
AgeniBASE said:

I've never read a manga in my life. From now I am going to start reading Nanatsu no Taizai and from there I will move on to other works. Yes, I'm dropping Kamigami no Gekirin, I can't take this anymore. Goodbye, see you.

NNT was my first manga too..i'm just glad i decided to read it after s2 ended last year..Do start from the beginning because the anime does leave out some good stuffs..read every side stories in order which is available on kissmanga
My 2022 Haloween Candies :

Dec 27, 2019 7:04 AM

Jan 2018
i
Whentheytry said:
I'm not even excited to binge this series anymore. Haven't started watching it yet but when i heard escanor vs meliodas was out i just had to see it...
Please tell me the whole season isn't this bad.. please someone for the love of god please.. wow taizai was 1 of my favorite series that has to be a joke but comparing season 1-2 review score to season 3 i guess not...

If you are a manga reader..you wouldn't be dissapointed in ep4..Best animation of this season ..
My 2022 Haloween Candies :

Dec 27, 2019 7:37 AM
Dec 2018
JDMP said:
i
Whentheytry said:
I'm not even excited to binge this series anymore. Haven't started watching it yet but when i heard escanor vs meliodas was out i just had to see it...
Please tell me the whole season isn't this bad.. please someone for the love of god please.. wow taizai was 1 of my favorite series that has to be a joke but comparing season 1-2 review score to season 3 i guess not...

If you are a manga reader..you wouldn't be dissapointed in ep4..Best animation of this season ..

Nah honestly i'm an anime only fan but series i really like i normally watch manga chapter reviews. Yeah it spoils a lot of things but that doesn't bother me it makes me even more excited once the anime/season comes out.
But ep4? I haven't seen that yet as i said i just wanted to see the escanor vs meliodas fight so skipped around for it y'know? Waiting for all episodes to come out but this season seems like a bummer... So many still frames, bad animation, characters look wtf, etc~
Dec 27, 2019 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
I've actually never watched any action anime that had such poor animation for a fight..
Dec 27, 2019 8:07 AM

Sep 2013
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Mango-man-dangO said:
The meliodas vs escanor fight was on par with 'Gundoh Musashi', i can't believed Deen screwed up this hard

Oh yeah because the fight ended this episode. And it's not like this is the worst this animation been this season. No there's no chance that the studio dropped all the funds they have on the next episode and that they're trying to make the next episode the best episode of this season. There now way that might be happening.

Stop setting yourself up for disappointment
Dec 27, 2019 8:07 AM
Dec 2018
I'm just going to lie to myself and say the studio got robbed and didn't want to let the fans down so they had no budget but pushed through with what they did have. Yeah... lets roll with that
Dec 27, 2019 8:13 AM

Aug 2019
I haven't even read the manga, but something seemed really off with this episode.

The direction was awful, some of the animation was terrible, and even Sawano's OST didn't fit with some scenes. Melodias and Escanor had huge potential to be a massive showdown and it felt flat.

Let's hope they've skimped on the budget this episode and ploughed it into the next one.
Dec 27, 2019 8:18 AM
Aug 2017
The animation sucked really bad I don't even know what to say about it. The animation house completely ruined one of the best fight of the series.
Dec 27, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2016
SatanicAlpha said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Oh yeah because the fight ended this episode. And it's not like this is the worst this animation been this season. No there's no chance that the studio dropped all the funds they have on the next episode and that they're trying to make the next episode the best episode of this season. There now way that might be happening.

You can't tel me what to do
Dec 27, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
eglepe said:
Is this a fan theory or something? It makes no sense

That is a "foreshadowing" explained. If you know what I am talking about, Ban has a skill called Mark which he can activate from distance after he puts it by hand on his enemies. Now, when the battle was over and Meliodas had shown to be getting more violent and uncontrollable, Ban put his hand on Meliodas' shoulder for a second. Either they foreshadowed Ban's cautiousness and how he prepared for the worst case scenario, or they completely missed a chance to foreshadow it. Time will tell.
I don't remember a skill like that and I've read the manga. Did I forget?
Dec 27, 2019 9:31 AM
Apr 2016
eglepe said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

That is a "foreshadowing" explained. If you know what I am talking about, Ban has a skill called Mark which he can activate from distance after he puts it by hand on his enemies. Now, when the battle was over and Meliodas had shown to be getting more violent and uncontrollable, Ban put his hand on Meliodas' shoulder for a second. Either they foreshadowed Ban's cautiousness and how he prepared for the worst case scenario, or they completely missed a chance to foreshadow it. Time will tell.
I don't remember a skill like that and I've read the manga. Did I forget?

I believe you did. Just google it. If I remember correctly, the last time he used it was on Melascula or someone during the Elaine-Revived episodes.
Re:formed
Dec 27, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
the season has been good so far.... lol
Dec 27, 2019 2:39 PM

Jun 2019
HOLY SHIT. The animation was disgusting, my god. I'm dropping it.
3/10
Dec 27, 2019 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
Lmaooo the animation.

I haven't laughed this much since Goku vs. Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)
Dec 27, 2019 6:27 PM

Dec 2015
they're trying to challenge JC staff
idk what's worse this or index III lmao
Dec 27, 2019 8:36 PM
Apr 2015
Ok , door is right over there and nobody is stopping you. Go ahead and drop it. Show will still be here with or without you
Dec 27, 2019 9:13 PM
Aug 2018
if they didn't have enough budget, they shouldn't have done another season so soon. or at least cut it to 12 episodes. it's a shame what they've done to this series.
Dec 27, 2019 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
SatanicAlpha said:

y

Angry fan boy is angry. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Dec 27, 2019 10:57 PM
Jul 2016
SatanicAlpha said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

y

You can't tell my what to do. You ain't me mom.
Dec 28, 2019 4:58 AM

Apr 2018
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
SatanicAlpha said:
y

"Prepare for disappointment, this season is terrible. 7DS is dead."

-Your mom
Dec 28, 2019 5:43 AM
Oct 2007
I can't seems to recall when is the last time I saw so many legit 1/5 on one episode, especially on a popular series. LOL

The studio screwed up this season real bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2019 5:45 AM
Jul 2016
killuaxgon said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

"Prepare for disappointment, this season is terrible. 7DS is dead."

-Your mom

You can't tell my what to do.
Dec 28, 2019 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
awesome episode! looks like is having a bit of trouble against assault demon mode Meliodas! this is gonna be hype next ep!
5/5.

Dec 28, 2019 8:33 PM

Oct 2018
matias067 said:
awesome episode! looks like is having a bit of trouble against assault demon mode Meliodas! this is gonna be hype next ep!
5/5.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, please say sike.
Dec 28, 2019 8:44 PM
Jan 2019
Wtf did I just witness? This is pathetic for an animation studio. I've seen fan animations better than this. They should just cancel this at this point.

matias067 said:
5/5.

I envy you on so many levels my dude, wish I could have found even the slightest amount of satisfaction with this episode.
Dec 29, 2019 1:29 AM
Apr 2019
This episode sucks.
Totally trash I am not over react
They ruined one of the best fight and wtf this episode animation is even worse than berserk 2016.
Dec 29, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
I DROPPED IT ENOUGH BULLSHIT!
Dec 29, 2019 5:28 AM
Apr 2017
The manga has better animation
Dec 29, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2015
That "fight" at the end sums up like this

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 29, 2019 5:59 AM
Jan 2018
Just bad
Too bad😢
Dec 29, 2019 6:36 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that fight looked terrible. But dropworthy? Not quite.
Dec 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2018
I think it's safe to say this is the most hated episode on MAL

Arifureta and Tokyo Ghoul's last season had some really high percentage of 1/5 votes, but nothing like this.
Dec 29, 2019 7:16 AM
Sep 2018
after sleepless nights for my most anticipated anime in 2019 and also the best fight scene i had ever prayed for meliodas vs escanor, the manga was so heavenly but after seeing the beginning of the series i was astonished as to how terrible the anination was but i still held on to the show because i had hope that things might end up going well in the upcoming episodes but now i give up there is no coming back for this show it is over i am terribly disappointed, to me a rating of 6. is too much for them
Dec 29, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2018
matias067 said:
5/5.

Bruh moment

Dec 29, 2019 8:45 AM
Nov 2009
Even cgi would have sufficed compared to the animation this ep
Dec 29, 2019 3:37 PM

May 2009
KANLen09 said:
Honestly, to the person who chose Studio Deen instead of A-1 Pictures (who've done the manga justice the past 2 seasons), you have made a grave mistake.

KallenKaslana said:
Bring back A1 Pictures! This season just got ruined by Deen. Where in this season are supposed to be very very good, and all this sh** turn like a cr*p.

There was no chosing. A1 is owned by Aniplex which was main sponsor/producer of previous anime but it bailed out after movie's failure. Newly created production commitee picked what ever studio was available.
hu9890 said:
Studio Deen didn't produce this episode apparently (because of holidays) that's why it's so bad, and they will remake the fight, next episode should have way better animation!!there's a rumour that they tweeted this.

Animation production doesn't work the way you think. Episodes aren't made during a week. They are made few weeks before and even then sometimes delays happen. Doesn't matter that Deen outsourced this episode to other studio. They are still animation studio resposible for this show so if animation looks like shit, it's their fault.
Even if episode will be redone for blurays I doubt it will be close to good animation.
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

JC staff's work on OPM s2 was alright for most of time and BDs are improvements.
bastek66Dec 29, 2019 3:45 PM
Dec 29, 2019 5:08 PM

Dec 2015
bastek66 said:

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

JC staff's work on OPM s2 was alright for most of time and BDs are improvements.

yeah but index III and DAL3 was much worse than opm2 and very rushed
Dec 29, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2013
...DIS. CUS. TING.
Dec 29, 2019 11:31 PM
Aug 2018
methedemon said:
I wish people would STFU about the animation and how the studio ruined the anime. It's episode 12, if you hated the show why are you still watching and commenting the same drivel EVERY SINGLE TIME? find something better to watch!

Omg the animation in this ep is pretty bad. Studio DEEN actually ruined them all. I can see the potential of this ep but this is done wrong in many levels. Character face and drawing is bad. Melascula is completely static and definitely NOT well-animated. Music choice is also terrible. Pacing is off. Dialogue flow is worst. Fluidity is nowhere to be seen. Static character drawing translation can be clearly seen. Meliodas raging comes out from thin air.

I hate Ban Elaine relationship in this ep. She is useless and willing to sacrifice herself for no reason even if there are other possible ways as shown in this ep. It doesn’t make sense.

Escanor vs Meliodas is a joke.

Almost All the eps in this season is bad, but this ep is EXCEPTIONALLY BAD. I shouldn’t bring my hopes up for future.

It can clearly be seen that average people hate or dislike this ep. from the score.

I decided to lower the overall score from 7/10 to 6/10 due to this ep.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Dec 30, 2019 1:09 AM

Mar 2019
I didn't watch this season of NNT Because I heard it's very bad, So after this episode was aired I checked youtube to see the fight of Mel vs Escanor and goosh, I literally laughed during watching it.

And I'm here just to add 1/5 to the votes. Bless you Studio Deen.
Dec 30, 2019 2:03 AM
Sep 2019
I can understand some of the criticism, the animation is worst that the 2 prequels of this anime, that's a fact, but is not bad (at least not at worrysome levels like first 2 seasons of dragon ball super). But some of it it's also a nonsense, the fight between Meliodas and Escanor has not happened jet, it has to come on next episode, I didn't read the manga so maybe I'm wrong. You have to think also that is hard to not cut on something from the magas, you can't put it all on the anime on 24 episodes sometimes they do a better job than others, since I din't read the manga I don't know which scenes have they cutted off.

Going to read the manga when I have time and maybe I can elaborate it a bit better or maybe I see that I'm wrong and I join the cry team.
Dec 30, 2019 12:11 PM
Dec 2019
as nanatsu's managa reader i feel so dissapointed, but okay i have vinland saga to refresh bad animation from this anime
Dec 30, 2019 6:50 PM
Mar 2015
Big Sis-Sis is seriously OP as a goddess. Melodias is tricksey
Dec 31, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
Haven't picked this up yet because of the studio change. Looks like studio deen turned this into a comedy anime.
Dec 31, 2019 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
methedemon said:
I wish people would STFU about the animation and how the studio ruined the anime. It's episode 12, if you hated the show why are you still watching and commenting the same drivel EVERY SINGLE TIME? find something better to watch!

Ugh maybe they are fan of the manga? Maybe they are hyped so much about the sequel since they know the continuation and want to know how the anime looks? Maybe they watch the anime only but they like previous seasons so it makes sense they continue to watch just so they know the story progression? Or maybe they still put faith to this series since again, they are fan of this series?

And they do HAVE right to complain many times if something ruining their favorite manga/anime, it's their right to give their opinion. So what? If your favorite thing being butchered or ruined so bad to the point you can't enjoy it no more the answer is "Don't watch it then and don't you dare criticize it even if you are the fan of the manga/previous seasons"?
No offense, but that's not a good statement at all..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

32 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 10:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.