Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 1, 2020 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
methedemon said:
I wish people would STFU about the animation and how the studio ruined the anime. It's episode 12, if you hated the show why are you still watching and commenting the same drivel EVERY SINGLE TIME? find something better to watch!

Because maybe this are the true fans of the series? who endured the first 11 episodes, till everyone's favourite fight in the whole series, and the one that skyrocketed this manga into top of Shounen fight manga couple years back, maybe because this fight between the 2 most popular characters among fanbase. maybe because as in all other animes, the big fights like that in most cases gets good to great animation and care from the working team, maybe because last season Melidoas fight vs 10Commendments was worth the wait, and Escanor vs Estarossa didn't disappoint. maybe because when the source matrial is good you feel frustrated that they butchered it like this. this was the breakpoint for every true fan of 7DS and i think the most negative replaies is justified in this case, watch the vote, 71% of the viewers rated 1/5. maybe you're wrong and 2/3 of the viewers are right to complain.
if Anime isn't animated then there's no need, atleast we got Zacky-san videos to partially satisfy our needs.
have fun with the rest of the series, even i would recommend reading the manga, as this adaption don't do it its due justice.
Jan 1, 2020 8:25 PM
Jan 2020
Very bad Please improve๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”
Jan 2, 2020 5:11 AM
Aug 2017
tsubasalover said:
KajiKaji's character heard what princess did.

Titan girl regained conscious and knew what she did.

It seems like princess knows young Sakamoto-san's character.

That lady appeared in front of them, and changed form.

Suzuki-san's character is the first target and his girlfriend (& FukuJun's character's sister) fights to save him.

KajiKaji's character finally was able to escape from sphere. Sugita-san's character went to face him.

When that snake was about to run away, Suzuki-san's chracter face her, but got her poisonous attack. Princess undid the poison. Titan girl and FukuJun's character also face her.

Fairy girl wanting to end the enemy, which means herself, too.

Sugita-san's character vs. KajiKaji's character continues.

Barrier cube this time.

January 8 next (of course, there's no regular shows on new year), with New OP and ED!! (very excited about new OP)

Wat sorcery be this?
Jan 2, 2020 12:52 PM
Oct 2012
I love Nanatsu so much, but this dirty animation, this rotten drawing, are making me cry in every episode...
I wish I could cry with the drama of this saga, but this adaptation is breaking my heart... I can hardly focus on the story I love...
I really wanted these outsiders to stop ruining the season! The DEEN studio doesn't care about all this shit going on? The fame they are getting for this animation is terrible!

Let it be over soon and if it is to continue like this, do not continue ... As we say here in my country "O ranço tá grande!"...

Jan 2, 2020 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
Was this episode made in a basement? ๐Ÿคฎ
Jan 2, 2020 3:28 PM

Dec 2016
Garbage animation
Jan 2, 2020 9:12 PM
Mar 2019
..sooo...is THAT the fight we've been waiting for? What an absolute travesty. Part me hopes there is more next episode, and the other is telling me to just let it go.

Meliodas looks absolutely sick in his 10 Commandment form but the poor production quality and clear lack of budget won't be able to do him justice. A shame since this is one fight that I was hoping to see since the introduction of Escanor and one that would have been handled masterfully by A-1
Jan 3, 2020 1:05 AM

May 2010
I've been waiting the whole season for this episode. It's a shame as for me this anime did have me interested in further character development, having me curious about the assault mode fight etc.

But yea... is there a website that shows studio reputations and can warn me about things like this? It's like a group of middle schoolers in a manga class made this for their midterms. It's not necessarily trash for that situation, but for what it is.. a company... It is trash animation.

Had so much more potential. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Jan 4, 2020 1:25 PM

Nov 2018
I saw a clip of the fight on YT, and I'm glad that I decided not to watch this season of 7DS. This show has turned to shit, yet another butchered adaptation of a well-liked series

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 6, 2020 10:55 AM
Dec 2014
methedemon said:
I wish people would STFU about the animation and how the studio ruined the anime. It's episode 12, if you hated the show why are you still watching and commenting the same drivel EVERY SINGLE TIME? find something better to watch!

It's because we fans are consumer. We have right to complain just like citizens who have right to complain if government does shit job.
I wish people like you who haven't seen much anime STFU. Go back to whatever you are doing. Just grow up. If you are not a kid anymore, start exercising your brain as it seems you haven't used it for years.
Jan 6, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
I felt like the sword clashes were a little off between Eschanor and Meliodas.
Jan 6, 2020 5:32 PM
May 2015
It was one of the funniest anime episodes I have ever seen. I'm glad I was drunk
Jan 6, 2020 7:06 PM

Apr 2018
Fans to the rescue

Jan 6, 2020 7:54 PM
Sep 2015
I'm so embittered ... there's really something serious that doesn't work if 2 of the best selling manga in the world, NNT and OPM have such indecent adaptations. NNT was a beautiful anime, why ruin it so? why not give one of the best battle shonen in history an adaptation? honestly this is a stupid deprivation of art and human creativity the situation is even sadder than it seems.
Isn't it possible to remake this season? can't we petition?
The thing that hurts me most this season is hearing the same ost and the same voice actors as the previous ones and this gives me an incredible bitterness
Jan 7, 2020 3:48 AM
Nov 2019
Necromia said:
Haven't picked this up yet because of the studio change. Looks like studio deen turned this into a comedy anime.

This isn't always a comedy anime?
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jan 7, 2020 12:31 PM

Sep 2018
I never bitch about animation since I usually pay that much mind to it. But what the actual hell was that. I saw many people on Kissanime who were saying that the animation for the fight was sooo bad but since I (again) dont pay mind to it I thought I wouldn’t really care much or pay that much attention to it but the animation seemed like it was made by some clip art shit. Looks fan made. It’s sad to see how a such highly praised anime has been ruined by Studio Deen. And yes. It’s their fault.

Btw, I think that 2019 was a horrible year for most sequels because most of the sequels last year were boringgg or poorly animated and or the story was bad.
RainlingJan 7, 2020 12:34 PM
Jan 8, 2020 8:23 PM

Jan 2016
Looks like Studio Deen hired the masterminds at Toei to animate this as well as DBS ep 5.
Jan 9, 2020 6:54 AM
Aug 2018
The episode was complete garbage if it was a fan made it would have been lot better
Jan 11, 2020 4:59 AM

Oct 2013

This must be a new record or something
Jan 12, 2020 8:16 PM

Sep 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is Ban's chance to take revenge for everything Melascula has done against them. She also revealed her true snake form!

Not going to lie though, Hawk's bravery made me smile. A really noticable part this episode imo of the episode is Melidas awakening his true demon form. Truly a sight to behold when he takes on Escanor. Elaine also came to the battlefield because of course, she's not going to just sit back and do nothing. Respect. This seems fitting for a mid-season episode considering the monster they just fought against together.
Damn you liking this normally, well good on ya. This episode's voting results are sad.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 14, 2020 9:48 PM

Oct 2017
no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

41 5.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

22 2.99%
3 out of 5: It was OK

49 6.66%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

101 13.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

523 71.06%

I never thought it's possible to see a score curve like this in ANY anime.
Like seriously even the worst anime you wouldn't see this flawless backward curve with 71% giving 1 out of 1.

Usually it's a mix bag, but apparently this is so bad it indose rage among fans.
Jan 16, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
This is in my opinion "in the manga to date" still the best fight we got so far.
The anime completely butchered it it is just horrible to watch how can they even allow this crap to air even a few standalone artists can draw some short scenes better. It is just horrible and it hurts to see one of my favorite manga's getting this crap quality it just looks horrible the whole episodes not just 1 episode. and not just a few scenes, all still images horrible drawings (where they even dare to slowly hover over it, so we have to see for multiple seconds how bad some people can actually draw). just, why they are hurting the seven deadly sins so much with this, my friends already dropped it even though they loved the first 2 seasons and where so excited for the 3rd season.
This is such a bad decision, it needs to be taken offline like that other anime once did after much critisism and get redone!
99% not happening I am already aware of that. Lets hope a anime that has a lot of similarities to this series rises and actually gets the quality and love it deserves.
Jan 16, 2020 7:11 PM
Nov 2019
They ruined meliodas vs escanor
Mar 22, 2020 12:33 PM
Feb 2020
One of the worst decision I made was to watch this utter .....
Mar 25, 2020 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
Escanor vs Meliodas :O
Apr 9, 2020 10:19 AM

May 2018
wow. Meliodas v Escanor completely ruined. Actually it's quite funny watching it
Aug 16, 2020 3:15 PM

May 2020
YOOOOO Escanor is so badass!

Also I don't care about this Melascula vs. 7DS, get back to the Escanor vs. Meliodas fight!!!

Okay so Elaine was supposed to sacrifice herself and then Elizabeth just steps in??? At least we avoided another pointless sacrifice.
Aug 20, 2020 12:59 AM

Mar 2020
lmaooooo that fight animation is the funniest shit i've ever seen
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 12, 2021 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
OMG the animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2021 3:00 AM

May 2011
I have read all the 180 replies here. I understand your feelings.

The fight was indeed not well presented; just look at how Escanor chops down multiple times while Meliodas was standing still blocking… ok? That’s the fight between the strongest? You’d think the Perfect Cube wouldn’t be able to hold them in there. Meliodas is here supposedly (According to Merlin) stronger than he was when he Raged at Danafor, destroying the Entire country, yet the small space’s ground that he & Escanor are on is perfectly intact. Even regular holy knight fights have more action. And apparently, the animation doesn’t really get better in the next episode. This is very disappointing I admit, but I still need to acknowledge the positives in the episode (such as the artwork, voice acting & story) and give this episode 3 out of 5.

You guys have said enough about the quality of the studio (deen), and ratings speak for themselves.
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
May 20, 2021 6:18 AM
Feb 2021
I think the previous season was better
May 27, 2021 4:52 PM
Oct 2019
escanor is pretty cool, even though it looks like he was completely outmatched by full power demon mode meliodas

all this elizabeth and elaine romance, power of friendship, whatever tf stuff is nauseating though. give me a f'ing break. people don't actually enjoy that crap do they?

and OMG that snake lady had to narrate EVERYTHING. it really cheapens and dumbs down the entire show. i don't recall previous seasons being this bad but maybe i've just forgotten since it's been a few years

the animation is fine. but the pacing and dialogue is pretty weak
May 27, 2021 4:56 PM
Oct 2019
dragova said:
This is such a bad decision, it needs to be taken offline like that other anime once did after much critisism and get redone

what are you referring to?
Dec 2, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
So Melascula randomly transform into a snake just to get owned and Meliodas becomes evil... after Diane became evil just an episode before. What a lazy-ass storywriting. Add to that the probably worst animated fight between two strong characters I've ever watched, gave this episode the score it deserves lol
May 1, 2022 11:39 PM

Jan 2020
I put this series on hold awhile back, but it looks like it's completely done now. I'll be easing back into this as I still have another show I want to finish first, so I'll just watch one here and there -- I really enjoyed season one, and for some reason I remember a good amount of what happened, so I'm not really bothering with a refresher either.

I will say, I'm not entirely sure why they felt the need to incorporate "power levels" into this series. I remember that being odd, and it still feels it.

Otherwise, I kinda feel like the art is somehow is better? I know one of my primary complaints was the art and animation. I mean, none of the attacks in this looked very impressive, and Escanor's swings looked dreadful, but the characters seem less wonky than I remember.

At least the episode went by pretty fast, and Demon Meliodas looks nifty.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 20, 2022 6:36 PM
Sep 2020
I've never seen the poll ranked mostly ones. Totally deserved tho bc I didn't think the quaility could get ever worse, but this ep def proved me wrong (:.

Everything was sooo choppy, the Meliodas vs Escanor scene was by worse the WORSE sequence I've ever seen animated. All around the weakest ep this season and ever in the series ://///
OnigirisBasketMay 21, 2022 1:39 AM
Nov 14, 2022 2:49 AM

Apr 2019
now for the long-awaited Meliodas vs Escanor
Mar 1, 2023 8:23 PM
Jun 2022
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Aug 25, 2023 7:27 AM
Apr 2023
It definitely could have been better (especially the little Escanor vs Meliodas fight) but what we good was pretty good. Animation sucked again but the story was pretty good.
Feb 27, 12:40 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Crocospect22
methedemon said:

Ugh maybe they are fan of the manga? Maybe they are hyped so much about the sequel since they know the continuation and want to know how the anime looks? Maybe they watch the anime only but they like previous seasons so it makes sense they continue to watch just so they know the story progression? Or maybe they still put faith to this series since again, they are fan of this series?

And they do HAVE right to complain many times if something ruining their favorite manga/anime, it's their right to give their opinion. So what? If your favorite thing being butchered or ruined so bad to the point you can't enjoy it no more the answer is "Don't watch it then and don't you dare criticize it even if you are the fan of the manga/previous seasons"?
No offense, but that's not a good statement at all..
@Crocospect22
@methedemon, I'm on your side here. I don't even care about what the ratings show. Your complaint is logical and I fully agree...

Crocospect22 and everybody else here:

No. You all have been griping and groaning saying the same shit endlessly and expect people with positive outlooks to succumb to letting you be hypocrites without coming back at you? No. That's ludicrous.

DROP ANIME YOU DON'T LIKE! Or, continue watching it without commenting the same shit over and over.

It's that simple. We got the point you didn't like the animation a long time ago. Yet you all continue to watch more episodes and then come back here to bitch. I'm not saying that I think this animation is good; I know it isn't... I'm saying I don't give a damn about that because I believe story is a million times more important. And this episode's story was good. Hell, I think the entire series' has had good story except for the long-time-ago hiccup with the stupid memory loss crap (that was shitty writing) and as well as Helbram's useless spirit death. But other than that, I have *thoroughly* loved this story...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am fine with you all hating this - I fully understand the points that were made about the animation. But seriously, you've all been saying the same things over and over about it, and it takes away from the actual point of these threads. The point is to comment mainly on Story and Character Development, and beyond that comparison to canon in the manga. If you comment about disliking the story, that's totally valid. And I wouldn't have an issue with that. But many people were probably too intimidated to comment about their enjoyment because they were afraid of getting shit on.

Reality check: even in spite of the overwhelming "hated it" and "disliked it" votes, 184 people who voted either thought it was okay, liked it, or loved it. And think about how many people who watched this anime who didn't vote and/or didn't comment in threads, or don't even use MAL. It may be a minority but it's still a lot of people who didn't hate this episode and don't hate this series.

I am not an "avid" manga reader and although I only was able to read a few of the manga on this (and didn't get to this point), I really don't give a shit about adaptation correctness or animation quality. I know it isn't good animation but some of you folks are seriously being hyperbolic about it. Regardless, even for people who think this "ruined it" for them, it doesn't look good for integrity when people don't follow through with dropping and continue watching only to complain more in threads over and over and over...

It's okay to hate this. It's ALSO okay to love this, or somewhere in-between. But too many times I've seen people get absolutely shit on for LIKING this show. It's basically calling people idiots for actually enjoying an anime and not caring about animation.

I'm not an idiot for liking this show, and you're not an idiot for hating it. Both are VALID.

Let people like stuff. And let people hate stuff. But try to remember the reason these individual threads for episodes exist. It's not just for complaining about animation.

Also, we should try not to poison the well, so to speak, by turning people off of a show just because you think it's bad. I've seen so many people comment "don't bother watching this series it sucks" and it really paints a bad image of the Otaku community to do that. Try saying "I didn't like it but you might" instead. As a whole, we've come a long way, and what used to be a community with a lot of gatekeeping and bigotry has really brightened up, and allowed more outsiders and casuals, as well as more diversity. These threads are a sign people need to be reminded to let others have opinions.

Again - and I'm saying this for clarification - I have no issue with people disliking a show for the story or characters. But talking shit continuously about animation quality when sooo many other anime exist that you could watch instead, really makes this community seem super gatekeepy. (Or, again, you could continue watching without commenting in the style of a broken record).

I know that to many if not most hardcore watchers, animation is very important. I respect that, and I'm not disagreeing that this show's animation has gone to the gutters. What I'm saying is, please let those of us who don't care about animation be able to comment without being called names or getting shit on.
Apr 14, 9:06 AM
May 2021
Reply to tsubasalover
KajiKaji's character heard what princess did.

Titan girl regained conscious and knew what she did.

It seems like princess knows young Sakamoto-san's character.

That lady appeared in front of them, and changed form.

Suzuki-san's character is the first target and his girlfriend (& FukuJun's character's sister) fights to save him.

KajiKaji's character finally was able to escape from sphere. Sugita-san's character went to face him.

When that snake was about to run away, Suzuki-san's chracter face her, but got her poisonous attack. Princess undid the poison. Titan girl and FukuJun's character also face her.

Fairy girl wanting to end the enemy, which means herself, too.

Sugita-san's character vs. KajiKaji's character continues.

Barrier cube this time.

January 8 next (of course, there's no regular shows on new year), with New OP and ED!! (very excited about new OP)
tsubasalover said:
KajiKaji's character

his name is meliodas, it's not so hard to learn mc's name after 2.5 seasons of the show
stop speaking like a retard pls
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

32 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 10:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.