Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2019 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is Ban's chance to take revenge for everything Melascula has done against them. She also revealed her true snake form!

Not going to lie though, Hawk's bravery made me smile. A really noticable part this episode imo of the episode is Melidas awakening his true demon form. Truly a sight to behold when he takes on Escanor. Elaine also came to the battlefield because of course, she's not going to just sit back and do nothing. Respect. This seems fitting for a mid-season episode considering the monster they just fought against together.
Stark700Dec 25, 2019 1:26 AM
Dec 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character heard what princess did.

Titan girl regained conscious and knew what she did.

It seems like princess knows young Sakamoto-san's character.

That lady appeared in front of them, and changed form.

Suzuki-san's character is the first target and his girlfriend (& FukuJun's character's sister) fights to save him.

KajiKaji's character finally was able to escape from sphere. Sugita-san's character went to face him.

When that snake was about to run away, Suzuki-san's chracter face her, but got her poisonous attack. Princess undid the poison. Titan girl and FukuJun's character also face her.

Fairy girl wanting to end the enemy, which means herself, too.

Sugita-san's character vs. KajiKaji's character continues.

Barrier cube this time.

January 8 next (of course, there's no regular shows on new year), with New OP and ED!! (very excited about new OP)
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2019 1:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2019 3:09 AM
Oct 2013
I'm dropping it.
Thanks alot Studio Deen for ruining the best fight in the whole Manga.
And not just the fight, the whole Episode was badly directed, lazy drawings, just a pile of sh**!!!
0/10

lasso_914Dec 25, 2019 3:19 AM
Dec 25, 2019 3:47 AM
Mar 2018
is escanor vs meliodas fight real am i stuck in some nightmare
Dec 25, 2019 4:41 AM
Apr 2017
Some of the Ban / Elaine stuff was ok, and the OST choices were good. Melascula also looked better this episode. But that's the end of the positives. The pacing of this episode was awful, Meliodas vs Escanor started, and ended at a really weird point. The animation was awful, the art was awful. In all honesty, the fan animation is far far more enjoyable than this. Unless for some reason episode 13's animation is vastly superior, this fight is ruined. If you don't, please, go read the manga from the start of this season (197). I'm just disappointed.
Dec 25, 2019 6:07 AM
Nov 2016
This is legit some of the worst animation I've seen in years. Such a great fight absolutely ruined.
Dec 25, 2019 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but this season apparently cemented itself as comedy of the year.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 25, 2019 7:05 AM

Jul 2014
OMFG was that an actual episode or a fanmade video? Like, holy shit this is really REALLY bad.

Why did they even make this season tbh? They have absolutely no budget for care for it.
Dec 25, 2019 7:05 AM
Jul 2017
The animation in this episode was beyond bad, it was just... sad.
It supposed to be the best fight in this season and ended being garbage, they are not even trying to do it right
I'm really hoping the next episode will have better animation, at least a decent one
Dec 25, 2019 7:11 AM
Jul 2016
Even I who have been protecting and defending the reputation of this season can't defend this episode. This episode had a few good scenes, but mostly it was really bad stuff. This also was the first episode were the pacing felt completely off to me. I still hope this episodes budget was dropped this abysmally low was because next episode is gonna have (hopefully) the best animation in this season. Considering that the bulk of the fight is happening next episode.
Dec 25, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
Meliodas vs Escanor in this episode is comedy gold I laughed too much lol bad animated episode some faces of the characters looked so bad a shame.
Dec 25, 2019 7:51 AM
Sep 2015
"It's okay. it's only for 1 episode. I'm sure the animation will get better in every episode"
That's what people said after watched episode 1.
Then here I am on episode 12 still with the same issues, even worse.
Dec 25, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2016
pikaruto said:
"It's okay. it's only for 1 episode. I'm sure the animation will get better in every episode"
That's what people said after watched episode 1.
Then here I am on episode 12 still with the same issues, even worse.

What? A copy-pasted comment? Neat
Dec 25, 2019 8:02 AM

Jun 2019
What was this ? Is this an off season April fool joke or something ?...

I must say I actually enjoyed it in an hilarious way holy shit this was bad, 'Deen' clearly doesn't give a shit I mean even 'Lerche' manage to take fight animation seriously in 'Radiant', a manga that doesn't even sells as much as NnT for God sake.

Was waiting all days for this specifical episode and...BRUH, hopefully next one won't gonna be this level bad lmao.
Dec 25, 2019 8:40 AM

Sep 2018
Did you heard that? Yeah, is everybody dropping this season
I keep moving forward
Dec 25, 2019 8:54 AM
Aug 2016
I'm still on episode 3, but i saw some parts of this episode that i was waiting, since Escanor v Meliodas is the best fight in the manga.

Lmao, i was asking myself if they would ruin it like A-1 ruined Escanor v Estarossa in season 2 well... it's like 10 time worse.

Now i really wanna see how can SOMEONE defend this show. Really, even anime-only people.
Dec 25, 2019 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I actually spoiled myself and saw the fight as fan animation in Youtube like a month ago because I had no hope for this studio and this episode confirmed it. Even the fan animation looked better.

I'm dropping this and heading to manga instead.
Dec 25, 2019 9:12 AM
Apr 2017
Zanarukando said:
I actually spoiled myself and saw the fight as fan animation in Youtube like a month ago because I had no hope for this studio and this episode confirmed it. Even the fan animation looked better.

Please do read the manga (from 197, if not earlier). There's the fan animation but also a coloured manga version of the fight too, both of which are better than the real thing.
Dec 25, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2018
Lmao this was laughable bad, bless you deen studio
Ri22rkDec 25, 2019 3:37 PM
Dec 25, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
RealHaloMC said:
Zanarukando said:

Please do read the manga (from 197, if not earlier). There's the fan animation but also a coloured manga version of the fight too, both of which are better than the real thing.

I actually did start the manga a week ago from beginning and I'm at chapter 15. Didn't know there's colored version, I'll look it up, thanks.
Dec 25, 2019 9:35 AM
May 2016
Y I K E S
I feel incredibly bad for the people anticipating this fight.
Dec 25, 2019 9:37 AM

Feb 2017
I really still can't believe there are "critics" defending this piece of sh*t.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Dec 25, 2019 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
This is so bad. Studio Deen literally had to ruin it so badly. Heck I would rather wait 2 years for someone else to pick up this series and make way better effort than this. Wow. Heck I would not mind A-1 pictures to do it even though it some fights were disappointing...
Dec 25, 2019 10:35 AM
Oct 2007
I wish people would STFU about the animation and how the studio ruined the anime. It's episode 12, if you hated the show why are you still watching and commenting the same drivel EVERY SINGLE TIME? find something better to watch!
Dec 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
What is this animation, one of the worst I've seen. Despicable.
Dec 25, 2019 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
Well, it seems they wanted to make a tribute to the 5th episode of Dragon Ball Super with the Meliodas vs Escanor fight. Fortunately, I thought it was going to be bad after seeing how this season has been for the moment, so I'm not very disappointed.

Also, farewell, Melascula, you were one of my favorites of the Commandments, but you had to lose, like every supporting antagonist ever. Was fun having you in the series while it lasted.
Dec 25, 2019 11:11 AM

Oct 2017
I was hoping that they will atleast do this fight well but WOW this was totally garbage. Lost any hope I had left for this season with this episode.
Dec 25, 2019 11:45 AM

Feb 2011
Guys, it's not even studio Deen adapting this. It's 100% outsourced to a no name studio called Marvy Jack. And for those that don't know, Marvy Jack did... the entirety of Junji Ito Collection for DEEN. This was bound to happen the moment Aniplex bailed from the production committee and yet they still decided to go ahead with another season 1 year after the second one ended. Still this is beyond what I imagined, fan animation are legitimately better than this garbage. Please for the love of god stop watching this anime.
Dec 25, 2019 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Very good episode but terrible animation :(
-All episodes are good but the animation makes it bad!
Dec 25, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2018
I really love Nanatsu No Taizai, but... YIKES.

Studio Deen, please say sike, say sike riGHT NOW.
Dec 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Holy fuck that first part of the Escanor fight is legitimately the worst animated fight I have ever seen in an action anime.
Dec 25, 2019 1:11 PM
Nov 2019
I remember watching Asta from black Clover go in to his demon form vs some Salamander eating clown. I thought that was bad.

Holy shit. This is ridiculous. I actually enjoyed the Meliodas vs Escanor fight thoroughly. What an enjoyable fight! I've never experienced this sensation before.

I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED A FIGHT BEING SO BAD WHERE i AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD. WHAT THE FUCK LOL.
Dec 25, 2019 1:12 PM
Dec 25, 2019 1:38 PM
Sep 2016
bruh i'm literally speechless. Escanor vs Meliodas has to be the best fight of this series and look how they fucked this shit up. go ahead anime only guys defend this season to your hearts content.
Fahim654Dec 26, 2019 5:16 AM
Dec 25, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
Uhh it's hard to appreciate this moment with that awful drawing... Animation was quite lazy also :/
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 25, 2019 2:35 PM
May 2018
Fahim654 said:
bruh i'm literally speechless. Escanor vs Meliodas has to be the best fight of this series and look how they fucked he shit up. go ahead anime only guys defend this season to your hearts content.

I'm anime only guy, but sorry I can't defend this one. This is just sad. I was expecting so much from this fight and what I got is this:
Dec 25, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2011
and I was mad at J.C.Staff when they take One Punch Man 2nd Season, at least One Punch Man 2 animation was masterpiece compare to this shit
Dec 25, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
So, arguably the best fight in the manga has been reduced to few chops, cloud of dust and a stab? Or the fight is not yet finished?

Dec 25, 2019 3:15 PM
Dec 2018
This is comin from the biggest SDS fanboy.I was expecting the fight to be poor but wow this was far worse than anything i could imagine.I'm a funtime animator and god damn i could honestly do a better job.This is a joke and a damn shame.F this anime just read the manga
Dec 25, 2019 3:26 PM
Dec 2019
Dude what i see is when the frames are starting to become quick (mostly in a fight) the animation DROPS SO BAD.
The moment where Escanor called his Divine Axe Rhitta and when he walked to Meliodas was well animated! The music was also like a final battle theme it was such a good moment and hype. BUT THEN THE END. Havent they thought by their selfs that its bad? 9:27 was my fav moment it was so good. You really could see that Escanor had a destiny and that he was the only one who can stop him.
Dec 25, 2019 3:34 PM
Jan 2016
This is my sad farewell to this anime. In the beginning, I was full of joy watching the story begins, the characters in the previous seasons were more or less interesting with a funny and smart script. It got gradually worse until this season when I could barely keep my eyes open and not snore. But what made me so angry were those unnecessary dialogues (Deadly Poison, Neutralizing poison, etc.). Almost every simple scene had to be explained by a (beep,beep,beep, yes I'm cursing) sentence or word as if the audience is mentally challenged. What happened to this anime, why? Who cares.
Dec 25, 2019 3:35 PM
Feb 2019
Ya I've kind of been in denial about this season's animation quality but just comparing the fight scenes animation to season 2's, it's not even close. Really disappointed. Escanor vs Estarossa was one of the best anime fights ever but I have a feeling nobody is going to remember Escanor vs Meliodas because of the bad animation. One punch man all over again but even worse. 😢😢😢
Dec 25, 2019 3:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's rare to see Elaine shining in Nanatsu no Taizai, even though I don't really like her it was cool, fights were shit, like the animation was unfortunately too bad, good colors though.
Dec 25, 2019 4:07 PM
Oct 2017
Modernwasnas said:
Dude what i see is when the frames are starting to become quick (mostly in a fight) the animation DROPS SO BAD.
The moment where Escanor called his Divine Axe Rhitta and when he walked to Meliodas was well animated! The music was also like a final battle theme it was such a good moment and hype. BUT THEN THE END. Havent they thought by their selfs that its bad? 9:27 was my fav moment it was so good. You really could see that Escanor had a destiny and that he was the only one who can stop him.

Actually, when escanor jumps to get Rita, there are only 5 or 6 frames for the full jump and fall
Dec 25, 2019 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
Man the art and animation quality was worse than I could imagine, from the bad fight scenes to bad art quality smh. Deen made Escanor look like an average buff guy where as in last season and in the manga he has Broly level muscles. I don't usually rant about this but that was terrible to look at. It's even worse seeing how people loved this fight in the manga.
Dec 25, 2019 4:35 PM
Apr 2019
I've always been a fan of Nanatsu. I was looking forward to the new chapters of the anime and was excited to see how the story would continue. When they changed the animation studio, I had some doubts, but nothing serious. I was happy to continue enjoying Meliodas and company. When the new season started I was worried about the direction the series was taking, but it seemed to get better episode after episode. I was wrong. Very much so.

Everything about this episode is wrong. EVERYTHING. The animation was terrible, the worst I've ever seen; the sound effects were terrible, all the sound except the soundtrack, that was a 10; the episode progressed too slowly, we saw almost nothing. But the worst thing of all was the battle of Meliodas vs Escanor. I accidentally saw some spoilers on the internet and I already knew about the battle, so I had tremendous expectations of what it would be. They totally ruined it. The animation was totally lame, it looked like they took the panels from the manga, colored them and moved them around a little bit; they put in unsynchronized sound effects that totally take you out of the battle; everything was awful, the fight totally sucked.

I've never read a manga in my life. From now I am going to start reading Nanatsu no Taizai and from there I will move on to other works. Yes, I'm dropping Kamigami no Gekirin, I can't take this anymore. Goodbye, see you.
~~Otaku de corazón [[心のオタク]]~~
Dec 25, 2019 5:21 PM

Feb 2016
That was hella garbage episode, I've never seen such animation which makes me to think about suicide and jump from the window. The best fight in the entire series is wasted like that what a shame.
Dec 25, 2019 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
tsubasalover said:
KajiKaji's character heard what princess did.

Titan girl regained conscious and knew what she did.

It seems like princess knows young Sakamoto-san's character.

That lady appeared in front of them, and changed form.

Suzuki-san's character is the first target and his girlfriend (& FukuJun's character's sister) fights to save him.

KajiKaji's character finally was able to escape from sphere. Sugita-san's character went to face him.

When that snake was about to run away, Suzuki-san's chracter face her, but got her poisonous attack. Princess undid the poison. Titan girl and FukuJun's character also face her.

Fairy girl wanting to end the enemy, which means herself, too.

Sugita-san's character vs. KajiKaji's character continues.

Barrier cube this time.

January 8 next (of course, there's no regular shows on new year), with New OP and ED!! (very excited about new OP)

This has more production quality than the anime.
Dec 25, 2019 6:30 PM

May 2015
LMFAO!!! How the fuck is a fan animation better than this!? I don't care for the excuse of rushed production, outsourcing, or whatever else. The staff that worked on this are incompetent and they should feel ashamed for releasing this. Seriously, the most hyped fight of the manga to this day just got reduced to garbage RIP

Dec 25, 2019 6:31 PM

Nov 2018
Congrats on winning the worst animated series of 2019 title, Nanatsu no Taizai!
And people were crying about OPM season 2 being badly animated...
I hate everyone equally
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

32 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 10:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.