Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Midorikawa-san's character in the hospital room and Eguchi-san's character came to cause a magic. He was dreaming it in student council room.

Pink hair guy of Fine wanting to be of any help of his group and wrote some plan for Starlight Festival.

Eguchi-san's character gave a mask to Maeno-san's character. Sharing the happiness and his wish already came true.

Competition all over again? (Trickstar gave up his position)

Knights first.

Leader of Valkyrie went missing, and Knights helped finding him. Ra*bits letting that guy to return to Valkyrie? 3-piece Valkyrie performance.

Then 3-piece Ra*bits and others. Finally Trickstar.

MaM waking them up after ED. Oversleeping and other units staying to wait to announce the winner, which is still Trickstar.

Effort next.

Not sure if it will be 24 eps. total (it is definite about being 2 cours total according to this: https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/bv_news/121319/) for the series but there's screening event for eps. 23 and 24 (w. live viewing) on December 22 along w. radio event.
https://ensemblestars-anime.com/news/post-781
https://ensemblestars-anime.com/news/post-783
tsubasaloverDec 8, 2019 6:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2019 6:54 AM

Dec 2015
tsubasalover said:
Effort next.

Not sure if it will be 24 eps. (it is definite about being 2 cours total according to this: https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/bv_news/121319/) for the series but there's screening event for eps. 23 and 24 (w. live viewing) on December 22 along w. radio event.

I feel next episode will be a recap? If ep. 23 and 24 will be screening on Dec 22, it feel strange, because if next episode is 23, it will be out next week, that mean episode 24 would be for Dec. 22. I'm not familar with screening event but these events aren't supposed to show these episodes before the tv...

Damn I was so excited to see them announced SS (Winter Live) next but look like nope... or maybe it's going to be 25-26 episodes...

set by taiyaki

Dec 8, 2019 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
@Moune-Chan ep24 will be pre-screened along w. "already aired" ep.23 next week. The screening event doesn't always mean it will be something not aired yet (pre-). There are times when they screen all eps. during an event even though BD & DVD are all released. Like I mentioned, 24 eps. total is not definite, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2019 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
I am extremely disappointed by this episode.
I was really excited for the broadcast day because I love fine and the previews suggested an episode centered on them.
They only appeared very little during this episode and it made me very angry, they did not even have a live.
Not to mention that Anzu too was absent all this episode.
The scene about Tori's crying you can't barely understand why he is if you didn't read the story in the game, there is no focus at all, what was the point to show this if you do not develop it after?
This event deserved better, fine deserved better, i'm really pissed right now :(

Sorry, my english may not be the best, I am french.

Dec 8, 2019 7:17 AM
Dec 2019
Moune-Chan said:
tsubasalover said:
Effort next.

Not sure if it will be 24 eps. (it is definite about being 2 cours total according to this: https://v-storage.bnarts.jp/bv_news/121319/) for the series but there's screening event for eps. 23 and 24 (w. live viewing) on December 22 along w. radio event.

I feel next episode will be a recap? If ep. 23 and 24 will be screening on Dec 22, it feel strange, because if next episode is 23, it will be out next week, that mean episode 24 would be for Dec. 22. I'm not familar with screening event but these events aren't supposed to show these episodes before the tv...

Damn I was so excited to see them announced SS (Winter Live) next but look like nope... or maybe it's going to be 25-26 episodes...

"Effort" are the first 16 chapters of SS, the ep wont be a recap ^^
Dec 8, 2019 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
What the actual hell was this episode? Could anyone even follow it? I'm not sure if the writing or the directing was more atrocious, but it just felt like a disjointed clusterfuck. Heck, even the subtitling of the songs was as inconsistent as possible. And that post-ED scene........ gods.
Dec 8, 2019 11:08 AM
Dec 2018
It is depressing, as an Enstars fan, to see one of the most anticipated events being handled this poorly, or just seeing the entire anime being handled as if they only had pennies for the budget.
Dec 9, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2015
@tsubasalover, thanks for the clarification about the screening event! I also forgot about timezone since for me it's the morning when the episode aired but in japan it's the night.

@coldmowon, oh I see, thanks! I really don't paid attention to the title of chapters x)

set by taiyaki

Dec 9, 2019 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
They definitely wanted to fit in WAY too much stuff into this episode.
I feel like starlight fest and some of the other bigger events should have their own OVAs to do them justice. Also this Hokuto-Hibiki scene is supposed to be part of the SS isn't it o_O because next week seems like they're going to do the Chiaki-Subaru, Mao/Yuu-kun-Ritsu/Izumin parts based on the title (maybe I'm dreaming).

But yea completely agreed, while silent oath and Sajou no roukaku were very nice, this episode definitely should've been more Fine centered (we don't even get Holy Angel Carol which I was waiting for too ._.;). Valkyrie-Nito resolution was probably the only good thing non-performance wise and that's just barely because they skipped everything else before that for that story >_>;
Dec 21, 2020 10:40 AM
Nov 2020
Michiko_Pinku said:
I am extremely disappointed by this episode.
I was really excited for the broadcast day because I love fine and the previews suggested an episode centered on them.
They only appeared very little during this episode and it made me very angry, they did not even have a live.
Not to mention that Anzu too was absent all this episode.
The scene about Tori's crying you can't barely understand why he is if you didn't read the story in the game, there is no focus at all, what was the point to show this if you do not develop it after?
This event deserved better, fine deserved better, i'm really pissed right now :(
Agreed, the reason he was crying was actually quite emotional and in that episode they just made him seem like a overreacting baby. He was crying because he thought that Eichi saying "no" to him was Eichi's way of trying to get rid of him, not because he didn't get his way with the plan he worked so very hard on, and him running away wasn't incorporated either, nor was the scene with Wataru or with them trying to find him. I love Tori as a character, but the anime is pinning him out to be this crybaby "if I don't get my way I'm upset" rude little kid. They don't even point out his relationship with Yuzuru, why he is like he is, or his current relationship with Eichi. Disappointed.
Mar 27, 2022 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
This was a little confusing episode. It was difficult to follow the story.
Sep 16, 2023 2:19 PM

Oct 2022
Oh this anime wants me to feel bad for that scumbag… I’ll never get why anime has such a fetish for these power-trip types. He isn’t even interesting, he’s so bland and boring and I’ve gotten tired of him.. he's tedious.
Then Tori walks in ^-^ He has charisma just standing still.
So then we get to see a Knights song. I didn’t totally follow their act in that episode where they talked about the one kid being king and all that, this was a very good song though. Like really good. But it was just half the song they showed, getting tired of this anime’s habit of cutting off the music.
Nazuna offers to return with Valkyrie for their show when ‘Teach’ is wanting to withdraw… I’m only upset because it means Nazuna might break up Ra*bits and they are the series’ bestest cutest ever
But the Valkyrie song is also really good, I like how they rose up out of the stage, and Nito is with them!
The rest shown was just samples… I get it they can only show so much, licensing the music is expensive… the music industry has way too much power

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2019

15 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:08 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

5 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2019

8 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

5 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 13, 2023 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ensemble Stars! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2019

8 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 12, 2023 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.