Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
That Sheyta vs Champion fight was awesome, i can't wait for the rematch.
Dec 7, 2019 11:57 AM

Nov 2019
Hands down..
Best episode of Sao ever!!
And I mean it
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 7, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
Scheta a badass cutie, liked her interactions with the fighter.
Good to see Asuna joining the fray with her op hax.
Dec 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
Sheyta is one cold blooded woman.. Oh wait, we need to stop calling her that. But her calmness during a fight is incredible. I just don't recall, is this her first appearence? Or has Kirito/Eugeo battled her before? Either way that fight was pretty sick!

YESSSS, Asuna is here!! Fuck I was getting impatient, but I am glad she finally got in! That's one hell of an ability to have straight from the start! Can't wait for next week to be here!!!
Dec 7, 2019 12:10 PM
Jan 2019
Asuna entry was really breathtaking, she will be amazing in this arc. This is absolutely my favorite part of the light novel.

Scheta and Iskahn fight was amazing especially knowing that

Dec 7, 2019 12:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was intense and Sheyta is a freaking machine slashing anything at will. I noticed that she didn't kill anybody only cuts or a loss limb. The dialogue between Sheyta and the Pugilists champion was also funny too. Asuna finally makes her appearance as a goddess and now we have two goddesses on the battlefield between Asuna and Alice.
Dec 7, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
That was an amazing episode! I liked everything. Iskahn was amazingly animated. The OSTs are amazing everytime. I'm hyped for the next episode, I can't wait for an entire week!
Dec 7, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2019
Ishikan is the only Dark territory leader with some identity and personality.

Strange how the Assassin Guild of weirdos is absent. Probably the plot is keeping they to face Re:Kirito.

Since the only people Kirito is able to kill are dark assassins. lol
Dec 7, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Alicia89 said:
Alice > Asuna

Hm, i didn't understand why asuna let them fall? Because, Its like saving the enemy for new formation.... That was really dumb. Yeah, but I saw her magic power is high xD.

Because they will die from that. lol She just opened a huge space on earth. lol

Xenocrisi said:
Wtf? Asuna a goddess? Lmao

Amazing episode btw

Not exactly. Remember how there was 4 super accounts on some episodes ago? Each of them represent a god of the underworld and each are super accounts for rath employees to use to modify the UW if they want to. Gabriel picked Vector which was the only one free for him, while Asuna picked Stacia. Those are super accounts and avatars that are on the highest level of the world.
Dec 7, 2019 12:57 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Sheyta and the Pugilists champion battle was really awesome, Sheyta also ahve quite an awesome personality, i really liked all her reaction, and how calm she is, impressive! And her weapon is amusing!

I am glad Ronie was able to detect that bastart, it was impressive!

And OMG finaly, MY ASUNA HAS ARRIVED, and made quite an wonderfull and epic entrance, it was truly glorious, and her outfit was just too good! Now i am in max level hype for next episode!
Dec 7, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
I actually thought that was the best single episode of this season. Awesome stuff, honestly this season is lightyears better than the last
Dec 7, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2019
It is so nice to see how this war is getting more balanced now.

- Dark forces killed some extra low-soldiers, a random sub-knight and just one knight we could not care less.

- Human forces slaughter ALL the Goblins, Biiig Goblins, Baaad Goblins (goblin slayer is rating this series a huge 10.0), also almost all the "ogre" Werewolfs , forced the enemy sacrifice all their "orc" japanese pigs, and burnt 2/3 of the Mage waifus.

but

- THE (DARK) EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: Vassago, using powerfull Knight Avatar proceed to kill 5 (FIVE) low soldiers npc.

OH NO

To reequilibrate this, thankfully here comes ASUNA-SAMA calling the power of HAX - MOSES MODE ON to divide the land and send Vassago and all his dark knights to oblivion.

Ah the tension!
Dec 7, 2019 1:32 PM
Sep 2019
Slashy girl has an awesome fight

The graphic of this season is too good for sao

Stacia ... Asuna goddess arrives!
Dec 7, 2019 1:38 PM
Feb 2009
Asuna!!! omg what a goddess let's gooooo
Dec 7, 2019 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, probably the best of the season, glad Asuna is here; it's kinda stupid she has an Admin account but it makes sense, balancing story wise will weird. Anyways, man, for fuck's sake, someone get SAO some decent villains. The antagonists are always so damn boring. The integrity knights and Admin were some of the exceptions, good antagonists, but now they're protagonists. These DT fucks on the other hand, and especially POH and his patented SAO creep king are so eh.
Dec 7, 2019 2:12 PM

Mar 2019
SAO is killing it with alicization. So hype!
Dec 7, 2019 2:16 PM
Feb 2019
Yeah, god powers are cool and all but it would be so much better if she shredded him with a sword
Dec 7, 2019 2:25 PM
Apr 2018
Where was Sheyta when kirito and eugeo were climbing the tower, she wasnt frozen right?
Dec 7, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2016
Solid episode, but nothing special. I like Sheyta and her fighting stile.

But i don't understand the love for Asuna tho. She is one of the worst characters in SAO.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Dec 7, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

The fight between Scheta and Iskhan is CRAZY!

The return of Asuna/Stacia!
ElyshionDec 13, 2019 2:52 PM
Dec 7, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
It's about time Asuna comes.
Dec 7, 2019 3:27 PM
Apr 2018
I am REALLY not feeling this season...
Why after the decently well written, best character developed and overall just best Season of SAO that was the first half of Alicization, why follow it up with perhaps one of the most bland Season's this show has seen in my opinion. Even though I dont find Season 1 of SAO enjoyable bar a few moments, War of Underworld Part 1 has just been all hype and no substance. The only thing this Season has done right for me is sidelining Kirito and giving Alice the spotlight.

Just when Reki Kawahara was on the right track with Mothers Rosario and Alicization Season 1 he has only gone and buthered it once again. Quinella was a semi interesting villain, she brought a really interesting element to the world of Underworld, being a ruler who has set up the order of the Integrity Knights, the Taboo Index to bring order and keep the human empire safe while she is actially a dictator in diguise. Alicization Season 1 was special because while Kirito is a plank of wood of a character (as usual), Eugeo was there to supplement him. Eugeo was the star of Alicization Season 1, he was the most developed character. When he and Kirito violated the Taboo, there was stakes. The Integrity Knights were obviously stronger in various ways, let alone Administrator. Every episode felt more like a thrill, it had more stakes!

War of Underworld just feels like a hollow shell of what Alicization was. Not only is the pacing completely off, but its not interesting. The most interesting episodes of this entire Season was the first few that focused on Alice before the Final Load Test. Not only are we being introduced to the rest of the Integrity Knights in the middle of battle and barely getting to know them, we are fighting a giant crowd of redshirts that we couldnt give two craps about. The Dark Terriroty has BARELY been explored besides one episode that only focused on the new villains (I'll get back to them in a bit). Everyone in the Dark Territory clearly are not as bad as the Knights and the citizens of the Human Empire were made out to be. Most of them dont even seem evil. There was an opportunity there to explore their side. Maybe get to know some key characters from their side, so when they face down with our favourite knights, we dont know who to root for... Making u just wish they's take a more peaceful approach...

Instead we are given a very bland cast of very one note commanders that barely get 10 mins of screen time before they are mercilessly killed off by the Integrity Knights, let alone their hundreds of copy and paste followers. There are NO STAKES in War of Underworld. Its make absolutely blatent that the Knights are going to win despite being HEAVILY outnumbered. They did, they broke through, the army have andvanced into the Dark Terriroty.

Now let me talk villains. I cant speak of the future... Im told the villain in this half gets way better. But they have committed are cardinal sin for me. For an arc that is so desperate to break away from everything before it and start afresh with a large scope... Why? Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on NOT letting the past go... Despite the already thus far very one note villain characters, Kawahara has written them to be......

(Spoilers if you have not figured it out, but its obvious if you're caught up)

The villains are SAO survivors. Congrats Reki. I now no longer care about War of Underworld or the future of the Alicization arc. What made Quinella a more interesting and in my opinion, the best villain from SAO thus far is that she was not an SAO survivor, the only world she knew was Underworld. She wasnt tied to the past, she was free to be whatever. But now, we are stuck with SAO survivors AGAIN!

SAO S1 Aincrad: Kiaba- Creator of SAO
SAO S1 Fairy Dance: Jealous rival of Kiaba
SAO S2 Phantom Bullet: THREE SAO Survivor's (Shinkawa, his older brother and the one who went into houses killing people with the syringes)
SAO Ordinal Scale: Eiji was an SAO Survivor
SAO Alicization: SAO Survivor (The 3rd person from the Death Gun Incident who wasnt in Shinkawa's family. Two of whom were Laughing Coffin members)
SAO Alicization WoU: It is revealed now that the guy who isnt commanding, I think it was Gabriel? Not sure. He is an SAO survivor or at least knows about SAO as her seems to know Asuna. So I am under the assumtion that at least one, if not both are SAO survivors. He mentioned PK'ing so I assume they are Laughing Coffin survivors. (Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn... Seriously Reki... AGAIN?!?!)

Why does Reki Kawahara INSIST on bringing back SAO suvivors. Its getting annoying now. There were only 10,000 SAO players. 4000 ish died if I remember right. Japan is home to millions yet all the survivors appear to be in each others back yard...
They thus far have not been interesting, nor do they seem interesting. Far, FAR inferior to Quinella thus far and they know it! Quinella is popping up in flashbacks all the time, almost taunting me that Reki wasted his best villain yet and killed her off in a very nonsensical and contrived way.

War of Underworld does not deserve to be the best rated SAO project on MAL. Alicization Part 1 and Ordinal Scale deserve to be higher.
Dec 7, 2019 3:29 PM
Jan 2018
Eu já sabia que o Episódio iria terminar com a Asuna descendo. Podemos acompanhar pela LN as frases e monólogos que eles estão usando e dimensionar o tempo para cada um ser adaptado.
Garanto que o Próximo Episódio será aquele clichê das garotas brigando pelo Kirito.
Porque até a Sortiliene está no Grupo de Apoio, mas ela ainda não deu as caras.
Dec 7, 2019 3:31 PM
Jan 2018
Na real eu queria mesmo era ver uma luta mais movimentada entre Sheyta e Ishkan.
Aquele fala e bate, fala e bate de novo, fala e dá um golpe mais forte... Foi chato.
Dec 7, 2019 3:35 PM

Mar 2014
As expected, we only get like 30 seconds of Asuna but at least she's here now we can stop focusing on filler fights

So that dude is an SAO survivor, huh.
Dec 7, 2019 4:06 PM

Oct 2019
The episode is truly amazing. Every episode is better than the previous one, incredibile!
Dec 7, 2019 4:10 PM

Sep 2014
Asuna came sooner than I expected, but it was glorious!

The best part about the flashbacks is we get to see more and more tiny bits of Quinella.

I am so hyped right now.

Ps: why are all the negative comments literally brain dead?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 7, 2019 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
episode was pretty good and looked great too had no idea who this knight lady was but she was cool fight was balanced due to their own personal reasons of just enjoying it.

ending had me dying but i was like Krito is gonna wake up or something big is gonna happen

GM Asuna has joined the lobby.

her character is legit just in god mode right or some insanely powerful character
Dec 7, 2019 4:48 PM
Oct 2019
wow Asuna finally enters when the anime is almost done
She's too op now
Flipping Stacia
Dec 7, 2019 4:50 PM

Sep 2016
So... a girl who can cut through anything, saddled with extremely powerful homicidal tendencies... Scheta is basically a walking Kara no Kyoukai reference, huh?
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Dec 7, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
Sheyta v that guy was actually good, if it wasn't for that Dampa guy, he would've been dead.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 7, 2019 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
Lady Sheyta is a beast fighter man, this episode was awesome.
Dec 7, 2019 5:35 PM
Jun 2017
Here we go... Stacia or i mean Alice will be making her appearance in the said series... and look how powerful her arts is. Yeah...

Its time Alice and Asuna see each other already..
Dec 7, 2019 5:43 PM

Apr 2010
Ezizi said:
Where was Sheyta when kirito and eugeo were climbing the tower, she wasnt frozen right?

She was. In the light novel, Quinella froze her after Sheyta killed another Integrity Knight in a duel because she couldn't control her slashing obsession. I think she was deemed too unstable and Quinella was planning to "fix" her (the same way she was planning to one day "fix" Renly) but well, Kirito kinda threw a wrench in that plan lol (Quinella originally kept Sheyta because her slashing obsession made her good to unleash on enemies but once she cut down an ally she became a liability).

When Bercouli unfroze her to prepare for the war, he admitted to Alice that even HE was scared of Sheyta when she woke up at first.
Dec 7, 2019 6:12 PM
Jan 2017
I dont have words to describe, all in this ep its wonderfull.
This and Eldrie's death ep the better ones from all Alicization at time.

Iskhan and Sheeta fight - Vassago pkiller returns and recognize "The Flash", and Stacia-Asuna arrives make me chills, wow !
The changes (and little spoilers) in opening were made very well, now its the time for a turn a table !

And finally let's see if the folks who just wanted to see Asuna and kept scoring the chapters down just because of that will calm down heheh.
Dec 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Jul 2019
Superns18 said:
Fagger said:

The word “harem” is being abused more and more nowadays. Harem anime are other kind of anime. Harem anime had their definition to be harem and that definition can’t be applied to sao.
But, everyone has an opinion so I don’t want to criticize you, it’s a my think.

It's not being abused. If there are multiple girls around the MC consistently who are interested in him/in love, it's a harem. Being a harem isn't bad, idk why people get so upset about their favourite series being a harem, lol. You can be a good series and be a harem. SAO is a harem, it is what it is. Shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it. It's like thinking you can't like something because you're 40 and it's not seinen.
It's just not your typical echhi harem rather it's a "serious" harem which makes it reluctant for the "fans" to accept the truth.
Dec 7, 2019 7:18 PM
Apr 2019
Finnaly the long awaited
Dec 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
Alvaritoterreos said:
N1ghtShadow said:
I am getting tired of these nonsense Integrity Knights fights, we know nothing about them and they take up 90% of an episode.
Asuna at the end saved the episode but I would prefer an entrance when the entire army was about to lose and she appeared fighting with her sword with some holy effects around her or something. Guess the sword entrance will be for Kirito once he recovers.
I think that since this is a shounen anime they are doing this correctly, building up characters and creating them to just be there and do nothing, (Silica and Liz *cough*) is pointless, instead this season they are creating characters, giving them personalities and making the fight and developm themselves, I do like this season just for that, enough Kirito/Asuna/Sinon in the other seasons.

We do know Liz and Silica tho. We have some background om them. I have 0 connection with these Knights.
Dec 7, 2019 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
Asuna's entrance was really cool, finally after a long wait.
Dec 7, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2019
EliAyaseLL said:
Asuna entry was really breathtaking, she will be amazing in this arc. This is absolutely my favorite part of the light novel.

Scheta and Iskahn fight was amazing especially knowing that

That's the type of spoiler I've always wanted.. lol..šŸ˜†
Dec 7, 2019 7:57 PM

Apr 2010
Rob7 said:
- Human forces slaughter ALL the Goblins, Biiig Goblins, Baaad Goblins (goblin slayer is rating this series a huge 10.0)

LMAO Goblin Slayer keeping the show's score afloat!
Dec 7, 2019 8:00 PM

Oct 2015
Sheeta vs Champions is the hightlight for this episode
Dec 7, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2017
Absolutely beautiful episode - the sound effects were top-notch and the music played well into the battles.

I also can't believe Asuna's finally decided to show up! It seems that they teased an upcoming battle between her teaming with Alice and Vector as well. Hopefully, it'll be just as good as this episode coming up. :)
Dec 7, 2019 8:16 PM
Oct 2017
LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO, GODDESS ASUNA HAS LOGGED IN BABY! Great episode, great fight, great animation, and best of all, Asuna has finally made her way into the Underworld!

The alternative version of the opening was HYPEE and instantly I knew Asuna was gonna be in the episode!

The fight with Sheyta and Pugilists was awesome and had amazing animation. Too bad the fight didn't get to end but that means we will see a round 2!

Asuna coming in at the perfect time to save Ronie and she is literally so OP! Shes logged in on the highest authority level account!

One of the 2 guys that actually got up and did something ended up dying, lmaooo.

Kirito had his GOD moment in Ordinal Scale so now Asuna is getting hers.

Hyped for the next episode as always!
My Candies:
Dec 7, 2019 8:35 PM
Oct 2019
I liked the first season of alicization but for some reason this second arc seems so forced. Like of course the 2 available dark territories were a god and a knight, I understand why asuna got a god character though because she was actually linked with the creators. Other then that I don't mind the war arc, and of course it really hypes up when asuna first sees kirito and also hypes up til when kirito finally wakes up. Can't wait
Dec 7, 2019 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Iskahn make fist fighting a hell lot cooler than using sword.

Dec 7, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
*Whale Player That hasn't log in for a month then appear again...

Yup that's the conclusion of this episode
Dec 7, 2019 9:17 PM

Sep 2017
SailorVeki said:
ASUNAAAAA!! <3

I liked changes in the opening. *O*

Sheyta fight against Pugilist leader was cool.
"Should I call you grandma?" - "I'll allow it." - LOL
"And would you stop looking so sleepy?!" - LOL
They looked like they were having fun while fighting. I thik I'll ship them. XD

Man, Ronie and Tiese are really useless. <_<

Stacia Asuna is soo cool! <3 Can't wait to see more of her. I was getting bored of overpowered Alice, now we get to see overpowered Asuna. <3
"They looked like they were having fun while fighting. I thik I'll ship them" you will be happy later
Dec 7, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2017
Banshee-IV said:
lmao that fake spoiler in the opening... let me tell you guys, there is NO SUCH THING as a 2v1 Asuna/Alice vs. Vector in the story (just like the previous opening showed Eldrie fighting Dee Eye Ell which was also fake as hell)

So don't fall for the fake hype lol
i will be pleased if they change it for Bercouli v Gabriel lol
Dec 7, 2019 9:29 PM

Sep 2017
good episode, good fight and animation but nowhere near kirito v goblins lol (i was expecting more than that tbh). as usual the ost is superb, yuki kajiura never fails to amaze me

the kuudere knight is here, damn she is sexy tho
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.